Is it good now

Is it good now

Other urls found in this thread:

techadvisor.co.uk/review/operating-systems-software/windows-7-vs-window-10-comparison-review-3617974/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes
techadvisor.co.uk/review/operating-systems-software/windows-7-vs-window-10-comparison-review-3617974/

No

Maybe

I don't know, can you repeat the question?

I love you guys

Do you want to play the dx12 exclusives?
Them being gears of war 4 and some forza(one with some loot box bullshit).
Does WDDM2.0 mean anything to you? no?
Do you play any kind of VNs? They don't work.

huh?

>update happens
>my wallpaper changes to default

No, and it never will be.

Sucks cause after 2021 we have no choice

So how much is it spying on you really?

fag

>outgoing/incoming network traffic
>all sites you visit
>all software you have installed
>the contents of your drives
>filenames of files you access
>image hashes
That's just a small sampling

Reminder that Microsoft was one of the first companies to 'volunteer' for PRISM which is the NSA's program that gives companies like Microsoft the illusion of choice on how they will be sharing all their customer data with the NSA. They either cooperate or they just get their shit rooted and the data siphoned off behind their back.

I like it but making it impossible to not download updates automatically unless you completely cripple the Update service and having that shitty Windows Defender on at all times is so fucking annoying.
It is possible to get rid of both of that but it's so stupidly hidden.

Also disable the hybrid boot shit immediately. From my experience it's about as fast as doing a regular boot on an SSD but it gets stuck in a bootloop a lot.

So all in all, if you're on Win7 still then don't bother updating until 2021.
There's just not a whole lot that Win10 does better.

We always have a choice.

I got pro, set updates to at least a month delay and installed one of those third party background spying blockers.

Been pretty smooth since then.

2021, year of the Linux desktop

If there isn't a single program/game you want to play that is Windows 10 only, then there's no reason to switch.

I've had zero issues using Win10, there have been no intrusive updates and turning off all the extra bullshit makes it feel like the standard Win7 experience. Don't know what's happening under the hood, though

I'm not looking forward to the day W7 support is dropped. New CPU's supposedly being W10 only is total horse shit. I don't want to have to deal with Linux and other Sup Forumsarbage but I will never let windows 10 touch my PC

Windows 10 bricked my computer so I'd argue no

It's ok, just get Spybot Antibeacon to deactivate their spyware shit.

yes and no. It's good when it works. It keeps disabling system restore so when i run into an issue, i don't have a restore point. Also the memory leaks are fucking terrible

Unless you're a power user and know how to block network traffic and disable services, you haven't turned off shit. All of the options regarding telemetry and tracking are placebo, they actually do nothing and all data is still collected and sent to MS.

And even if you go through all that trouble, it's still no guarantee that you've de-jewed your system, updates can undo your tweaks (like turning auto updates back on without any notice) and even if you block telemetry and data collection, W10 seems to have fallbacks that still aren't understoof fully to ensure it can still phone completely bypassing your network blocks

It's just not worth it. At least with Win7 you can completely de-jew it with no way for M$ to re-jew it unless you allow it. W10 completely disregards the user and decides things for you.

you fucking FAGGOT
Why the FUCK would you say something so fucking GAY?

Is there a text guide or video on how to secure Win7 like you say? I don't know exactly what de-jew means or how Win7 tracks you so I don't know what to search for

how

>how Win7 tracks you
Some of the telemetry was backported to 7 after 8/10 came out. You need to avoid installing certain updates.

Absolutely not.
t: been using W10 pro machine for the past month. It's just endless suffering.

Spybot anti-beacon is the easiest way. Otherwise, research which updates include telemetry and uninstall them.

>Some of the telemetry was backported to 7 after 8/10 came out. You need to avoid installing certain updates.
Which fortunately is very easy in W7's case, and can be retro-actively removed even.
I've personally kept all MS updates fully disabled for years now.

>inb4 "b-but muh security vulnerabilities!!"
3rd party AV + firewall + Malwarebytes + up to date browsers with uBlock & NoScript + some common sense = I'm fucking fine.

>turn off w10 "without updating"
>updates anyways
>takes an hour updating
>reboots into black screen
>system diagnose
>system repair
>repair failed, no recovery-point found
>set up recovery-usb stick
>recovery failed
>have to wipe hdd and reinstall
thanks win10

>I've personally kept all MS updates fully disabled for years now.
Same here.
Although I don't use anything extra
only use Windows to play games and do everything else in Lunix.

Like windows 7 isn't doing that also. You don't really have a choice about being watched anymore.

Appreciate it but fuck my dumbass assumed they forced you to update since it happens on restart/shut down with no menu. Uninstalling those and installing Spybot.

>Is it good now
ltsb

>comparison review
>absolutely no performance comparisons, especially in system resource usage and gaming performance
useless.

But it doesn't, just get a lan monitor to watch traffic if you are that paranoid, I've only ever blocked a few random IPs that seemed to be owned by microsoft accessing my network for no discernible reason (all automatic updates and online services turned off of course).

>now
It will never be good. Unless Microsoft removes the botnet and bloatware from their OS, but we know it will never happen.

>Unless Microsoft removes the botnet and bloatware
No Windows is less bloated than any of its predecessors.

nope. Its getting worse. Cant use my calculator, because some updates didn't install. Microsoft is anal discretion

tfw i had this exact same problem

this is complete bullshit, cortana can't be turned off, the accumulator runs 1 h less than with windows xp installed running on the same machine. And viewing a website in a modern browser takes a pentium 9000

Does it still block pirated games and software, or was that a ruse?

Oy vey

i don't even know how to turn on cortana lol. probably better that way

i heard it worse with creators update
i always close the "review you settings" pop up twice a day so it doesnt update

No. If anything, it's getting worse. It's got this stupid thing now where it keeps whatever you've got open when you shut down, and opens it back up when you next turn on your PC.

Stupid homogenised tablet bullshit operating system.

That's bullshit. I've had no issues with anything I've pirated.

I've pirated about 20 games this year, so no, it's bullshit. Just playing through Tokyo Xanadu now, in fact.

No.
Even when it becomes the only Windows option by virtue of having support dropped for prior versions it will still be better to run Linux instead and run anything that needs it on a VM with 7.

No. It makes games like Dark Souls III have micro stutter. Only upgrade if you have a VR Headset, otherwise definitely stay on Windows 7.

Thanks, thought I heard it on Sup Forums and other sites.

Stopped using 10 recently due to lack of control. I do a lot with audio recording and to use most of my gear I have to make registry edits. Do you know how long it takes to do registry edits for thirty pieces of hardware after every update? (around a week). I'm either downgrading to 7 or switching completely to mac and linux. Might be a great OS for gaming. BUT you literally gotta suck at life and do nothing else but play games and facebook.

>VM
dual boot you dingus

Just have a Linux partition

Can't you export those reg settings to a file so all you have to do next update is to execute the reg file?

Never understood the security argument. Is it literally that people are that lazy?

Before the lastest update, my computer took about 20 seconds to reach the logon screen. Now it takes almost 3 minutes. What the everloving fuck.

is that feature only on embedded version? why they put that on 10?

I've tried that multiple times, result were crashy.

I'd rather confine Windows to a VM with GPU passthrough.

> Might be a great OS for gaming.
It is not a great OS for gaming.

Switched to Arch recently. Feels good

Same. That's why I did .
My laptop doesn't even ever see a windows partition again. Virtualbox runs way better than a native install

Most recent update moved a lot of perfectly functional control panel features(i.e. the ability to set application associations for filetypes) to the shitty settings option and made it so they don't work anymore, so no.

reddit

Linux is currently the best it's ever been while windows keeps going downhill.
I've been saying this for a long time, but the only thing that is going to crash windows is microsoft themselves.

every fucking update, it's like it gets even more useless.

Exactly this. If you don't support GNU ("Linux") then you are contributing to the downfall of everything good in this world. Don't pollute your machine with Windows spyware.

No, MacOS isn't any better.

Like every year.

The only way of the future is Linux with a GPU passthrough.

Yes, just remember to update from time to time to avoid reboots, disable hybrid shut down and disable telemetry

>Unless you're a power user
Dude, all you need to do is open regedit and add the option to disable wathever you want
Any idiot can do it

>install Linux on my old computer
>works okay
>definitely need time to learn what things you need to set for your computer specifically

>try on new computer that came with windows 10
>tons of issues trying to get it to install properly
After like 20 failed attempts at installing different distros, and the internal SSD being read-only, I think I am just going to give up.

>internal SSD being read-only
is this real

Nope, and it will never be good, because no game company in their right mind would use directx12 over vulkan because they're the same thing only one is proprietary and locked to win10 only.
Protip, something being "just as good as win7" does not count as a positive, it only removes negatives.
Win10 has zero positives.
Even the muh malware angle is just shilling because microsoft legally has to patch zerodays mostly because businesses and the government aren't as stupid as your average consumer and they still use win7

Linux couldn't access it for whatever reason.

After the latest updates? No. I mean, yeah, it is better than Android and MAC OS, but it pales in comparison to Windows 7. Of course, I have heard Linux Mint / Cinnamon is a good middle ground, but as for me, I am sticking to 7.

It's pretty good. Shame I can't turn off desktop composition though.

Did you have a partition that was formatted right? Linux can't boot off NTFS filesystem

I have a Windows 10 netbook, which isn't fully supported by Linux yet(no sound for one)
The irony is, that since the Fall creators update, it "seems" it isn't supported by Windows either.

Garbage tier. Too bad many programs now demand win 10. Nothing better than fucking up some programs with every update, adding random pointless shit that I have to remove and always having to deal with the risk that during a presentation win will take its time to update.

What's the new computer? I remember there being some Windows 10 systems recently shipping with a purposefully defective disk controller to block installing Linux.

They ultimately released an update, but you had to get it from the vendor's website manually.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if Microsoft is still pulling this shit.

Linux works best on systems built to run Linux.

Linux lists the SSD and can read from it, but it won't let me install there or move any files onto it from Linux. Aka, can't write to it.

What brand/model is it?

Is it formatted with some goofy non-standard file system, or did you use gparted to make it EXT4?

One day Microsoft will fuck it so bad that non indie-shit game developers might start to care about you.

One day.

Reinstallin 8.1. Fuck this turd

The last time non-indie developers started to care about GNU/Linux, Microsoft dumped piles of money on them to stop.

The beauty of getting them onto SDL+Vulkan though is they don't have to care about GNU/Linux, they just have to not take the bait of locking themselves into Windows 10 and remember that Windows 7 and Android/Linux both support SDL and Vulkan.

YOURE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW
YOURE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW
YOURE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW AND YOURE NOT SO BIG