Dragon Ball FighterZ

youtube.com/watch?v=-gcYZOvkLIQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ibb_B4bQ6VM
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit
evernote.com/shard/s742/sh/1a9ead6d-7b3b-459e-866c-825e635f6a6e/3f2e15373ad409f05c09a38f9d65a14e
evernote.com/shard/s742/sh/3c44dada-c9a3-480d-a294-607f151b5ce6/39eefefb5f775ab589310cb18428a2fc
youtube.com/watch?v=bIk0-75vCO0
youtube.com/watch?v=F54DdT2dJik
twitter.com/AnonBabble

goku

youtube.com/watch?v=Ibb_B4bQ6VM

Read up, faggots

docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit

>docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit
well good job

as someone that loved dbz when i was younger, whats the appeal of super?

every new character looks the fucking same as old ones. especially the villians.

>this one is a fatter bills, this one is a female bills
>and this one is an evil goku with a black gi, theres also the pink hair evil goku

for me it's because it more near to the Original DB fights. Techniques rathen than transformations
>inb4 Limit Break
that's technically what every martial artist would like to achieve

>this one is a female bills
Fucking where?

Posting 4gamer interview with the producer, which is definitely worth a read

Part 1 (General talk about features and single player)
evernote.com/shard/s742/sh/1a9ead6d-7b3b-459e-866c-825e635f6a6e/3f2e15373ad409f05c09a38f9d65a14e

Part 2 (technical aspects, battle design, competitive future)
evernote.com/shard/s742/sh/3c44dada-c9a3-480d-a294-607f151b5ce6/39eefefb5f775ab589310cb18428a2fc

theres no appeal, people watch it because its dragon ball. however the latest batch of episodes are actually finally good.

It's kind of a parody of the series at this point. Everything's a joke. Stakes are not real. Villains are goofballs. Characters are one dimensional. Power ups up the ass.

It's for people who liked DB/DBZ for the wrong reasons.

Summary of bits that stood out

>Damage buff, kill in 1-2 combos without switching. 70% doable with sparking
>some sort of tutorial is in
>menus are lobbies
>homing dash is pants
>aren't pushing esports, game has to prove itself first
>Long term support and balancing is planned

>Yamcha is shown with the Saibaiman

>Black was finished months ago

>aren't pushing esports, game has to prove itself first

ASW are probably bar non the best fighting game developer out there, and yet they still remain this humble. This game is going to be picked up by everyone, it's too entertaining and too popular not to.

you are assuming this trailer was made yesterday

youtube.com/watch?v=bIk0-75vCO0

Of course, it was made 5+ months ago just before Black was finished :^)

of course it was

what are the right reasons for liking DB then.

It looks fine in motion because you can't autistically pick out the one frame where the model t-poses

>This and MH release the same day
why

God hates you user

>Ultimate Z Change

Woah, how long has this been in the game? Why haven't I seen more people use this? Is it not as good as it sounds? Seems amazing for characters with a grab super like Trunks' level 3.

It's supposed to be a "serious" show, with an actual plot and villains and some sense of adventure. Just having a billion fights and power ups against goofballs, with a dumb asshole in charge, with no clear progression, is fucking BORING.

I mean compare the tone of the fight with Radditz, Nappa or Vegeta to any fight in DBS. Compare the stakes, violence, desperation, etc. Compare the adventurous roller coaster ride that was the Namek arc to anything in DBS.
Now go back to Super... everything's just so boring? It's legitimately a vacuum of fights against dumb cunts. No emotions, no story, nothing. (I maybe would exempt the Future Trunks arc from that).

So yeah if you just enjoy essentially the equivalent of shitty Newgrounds flash animations of Goku vs whatever playing on repeat then DBS might be for you. But if you want an actual story with stakes, emotions and somewhat more rounded characters....

Everything in the tournament of power so far is mediocre or garabage

people didn't know, it wasn't mentioned anywhere and it's a half circle motion

capcom's salty as fuck

Lack of communication, I'm pretty sure a fuckload of people don't know Vanish during sparkling blast can be cancelled into normals rather than the normal kick either

The future trunks super arc will definitely be the only good thing to come out of super. Every other arc is garbage.

>whats the appeal of super?
lol

>when the Ztard doesn't mention Cell and Buu saga
kek

The Black Arc was pretty good, but the universe tournament is lackluster as fuck. You can see toei not giving a shit and just wanting to skip to Jiren vs Goku already.

>stakes
The entire universe isn't a big enough stake for you? I'll admit the stories are shit. The characters are more developed in Super than they ever were in Z though. You actually get to see them in contexts besides fighting/training for whatever world-ending threat is harassing them this week.

why do they have to make the controls retarded to do on arcade stick

>obviously L+M and S+H are used for different supers similar to marvel games
>you put those on the top row and the bottom row
>but make sparking blast L+M+H so you have to press buttons on different rows
>if you put LMH on the top row, your button combinations for supers become retarded having to use your thumb and ring finger together

Yeah stakes are so fake that F. Trunks entire timeline ended up erased.

The fuck, so you can probably recreate a lot of the teleport to unique character attacks which are famous moments of the show? Then continue with an assist?

>The entire universe isn't a big enough stake for you?

It's funny because it's like a parody at this point. They keep trying to up the stake, but the tone doesn't keep up. I mean, for "the entire universe being at stake" they all seem really fucking chill about it desu.

How funny is it that the Saiyans threatening Earth felt way more terrifying than a universe being deleted?

Really? Which one are you guys choosing?

what?
if you have a
L M H
S A1 A2 layout
how is any of that awkward

There's going to be so much wacky shit going on with assists. I can't wait to get hold of this game and hit the lab.

I didn't know your entire life has been shown in ToP

wow if you hide this post the thread gets way better!

Not him but they somehow made universal survival seem less intense than the first tournament they had vs u6.

He should pick MH.

DBFZ is a competitive fighter and we all know that everyone drops this game after two months.

who the fuck has problems pressing three buttons simultaneously on a stick you tard

that's the entire point of a stick's button layout. have you never played marvel you pleb?

How are they chill? I mean really? Do you even watch the show? Stop spouting everything plaguesenpai shits up.

On an arcade stick, I think it would be more natural if you use it like this:

M H A1
L S A2

Nothing, it's only popular because Nu-Dragonball fans recognize the ip and think it's goodSame thing happened from Ball to Z

>Toriyama's art style
>Balance of comedy/fighting
>The ragtag team of underdogs that the Z-Fighters are
>Goku losing at the end of arcs
>good character designs
>martial arts + magic
>character developement

Yeah they pretty much did a straight adaption. It's boring and has no emotion

>>obviously L+M and S+H are used for different super
they aren't, they are for rush and super dash

youtube.com/watch?v=F54DdT2dJik

They look PRETTY FUCKING CHILL about their entire existence and that of everyone they knew getting erased, IDK about you, but I think I saw a bit more emotion when Piccolo died or some shit.

The way Universes 6, 10 and 2 reacted calmly to their universes erasures made me like them more though. It's being done by a force you cannot fight so you go out proud knowing you did all you can do rather forcing fake drama.

>famous moments of the show

Just your normal moves, dude
Vanish normally teleports behind you and kicks the opponent away that leads into a wall bounce if cancelled from something
During sparkling blast, you can hold it but instead of the kick you can use any move instead

People found that in the middle of closed beta so there really wasn't time to experiment with that

So, tthese are all the confirmed event animations, right?

>Goku vs Kid Buu Spirit Bomb
>Yamcha being blown up by saibamen
>Chaotzu blowing himself up on Nappa (might not actually be one)
>Krillin Scattershotting Nappa's Saibamen
>Freeza blowing up Krillin and goku going super saiyan
>Goku's YOU FOOL to Freeza's You Will Die By My Hand
>Cell stomping 16 and enraging gohan
>Gohan's father son kamehameha againstt cell
>Beerus Hakai-ing Black
>Goku beating Beerus's attack then falling unconcious
>Trunks slicing Freeza in pieces

What else do you guys want? Off the top of my head:

>Nappa bomber dx-ing piccolo, but i'm not sure Nappa even has that move in this
>18 doing what she did to kill future gohan against adult gohan
>Kid buu absorbing adult gohan/gotenks like super buu did
>krillin stabbing vegeta like he wanted to during the saiayn saga
>Freeza killing vegeta with a death beam to the chest
>Cell killing trunks with a death beam to the chest
>ginyu being turned into a frog (i'm not sure how you'd trigger this though)
>nappa punching tien's arm off
>trunks slicing black in two

And then if the characters get in:

>Freeza supernova-ing bardock
>goku punching boly and having him explode due to his own energy
>the father-son-kameha to kill broly if you have adult gohan/goku/goten on your team
>Dabura freezing piccolo and krillin in stone

>Hit stands with his hands in his pockets
Wish they had him in his squared up pose

You can't fight death either, that doesn't mean you aren't going to weep when you die. Fucking hell even Vegeta showed some tears at the end of his life.

Are you serious here? And I thought Sup Forums would have better bait than Sup Forums. I was wrong.

>>Beerus Hakai-ing Black
I bet Zamasu teleports in and takes the hit for Black.

if you're a marvel 2 player and want the assist buttons on the side maybe i guess?
that would make superdash kinda awkward though
anyway the "default" layout in this and that's probably what i'm going to use

S+H would be awkward

mvci uses
LP HP tag
LK HK stone

and all the games I play put the button combinations on rows, columns, or the top row plus bottom left button

those are the buttons you use for supers

So it's not the stakes you actually care about, it's the tension/desperation. The problem is that the entire DB franchise has escalated through so many threats that there's almost nowhere left to go. They had to create more universes just to make plausible the idea that there was even more to fight over. There's a need for constantly stronger enemies to threaten the protagonists, but you can't even make ones that are any stronger than what's already been defeated without it seeming retarded.

>Yamcha has a lot of special intros
This ought to be fun.

how is S+H awkward???
index and ring finger that's as natural as it gets

I've watched snippets of DB here and there as a kid. I enjoyed it but remember there being a shitload of filler per episode.

Should I fill in myself on the story? Is the anime or manga better?

>bills

This layout makes the Ki charge (L+S) and the super dash (S+H) a bit awkward

They are chill because they know Goku will just use the super dragonballs to revive all the universe and make sure zeno can't undo them

Black stabbing Vegeta in the chest
Trunks happily looking at the sky after killing Cell with his lvl3
Kid Buu destroying the earth
Vegeta atomizing Nappa

>those are the buttons you use for supers
No not in this game see docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit

>Shortcuts:
>Dragon Rush (L+M): Universal throw with long startup.
>Super Dash (S+H): Automatic, homing dash that tracks the opponent.

Also if you are too much of a tard just use a macro

When will she be playable?

The tension is reflective of the stakes. The stakes don't just exist in a vacuum - the way the characters respond to the threat creates them.

In other words it's not enough to say EVERYTHING EVER MADE IS GONNA GO TO SHIT if nobody actually gives a fuck. That's the problem. The characters just seem to be all outta fucks to give. Goku has become a one dimensional asshole who just wants to fight all day instead of actually protecting his loved ones.

It just feels completely deflated. It really does feel like a fanfic about shoving in as many fights and power ups as possible.

If you want to just learn the story, get the manga, it's way faster.
Watch TFS afterwards

18 Breaking Vegeta's arm

The manga is way way better.

>gotenks and piccolo vs kid buu
>gohan vs kid buu

how would pressing the opposite corners of the layout not be awkward

don't talk to me

sadly this game was designed for gamepad with zero consideration for arcade sticks since this is not an arcade game and most people don't care

god you're stupid. Why do you think the movelists say R1 and R2? Because you press the same buttons as super dash and dragon rush to do supers. I don't put macros on the arcade stick layout. That's the entire point.

I seriously don't understand why people use these absolutely retarded names.

I wonder if Yamcha has any animation in which he wins. I can't think of anything.
Tien can have one of breaking his leg, but since Kid Goku isn't in, I don't think he has any In which he wins.

The original anime does have a metric fuckload of filler, but the issue is lesser the filler and more the stretched out pacing even for the stuff it adapts from the manga.

Kai fixes the pacing while keeping some of the good filler, but I prefer the manga since the manga has consistently great art wheras kai and the original anime still has some art and animation issues, but either kai or the manga are both fine.

There's really no reason to watch the original anime for Z other then for nostalgia or to just see what it was like.

If everyone acts the same way when their existence is erased you just call Toriyama a hack. Every universe have a different personality. They react to their death differently. Some accept it and some don't. Not everyone is the same bitch like you are.

ki charge is kinda awkward but that' show throw has been in every fg ever so we're used to it
s+h is definitely not awkward though
do you have fucking baby hands
your fingers rest naturally on LMH moving the index down a row doesn't change anything

then you have to do supers with columns which is opposite of most games and would require lots of movement for the most basic things

>Even considering all of that, there are still a couple of characters we couldn't choose. It was overall very difficult choosing. There were characters that overlapped with others already in, and some that didn't fit the requirements to be in a fighting game. Sometimes, we had to exclude some characters due to them not fitting well with the game's mechanics.
>By that logic, we were supposed to forget about Ginyu right away, though......
> I really wanted to give up on him, but I've done everything I could to make him a viable choice. There's a LOT of effort put on Ginyu, to be quite frank.

So, this pretty much deconfirms character without fighting ability like Bulma I'm guessing
Funny that Ginyu almost didn't make the cut though

>There's really no reason to watch the original anime for Z other then for nostalgia or to just see what it was like.
Or for the original voices and music.

Post the full thing in webm quality, I need it. Please and thank you.

check this out, it seems that the main menu is actually an online lobby where everyone who owns the game is automatically placed together with their little avatar walking around and the people battling each other are right in the middle on the tournament stage

this sounds so good and should keep the online population high

>There were characters that overlapped with others already in
But Blue Goku/Vegeta don't apparently.

Why is goku wearing a king kai emblem in namek? Did the guy who made this even watch the fucking show?

Has anybody made a recut of the original anime so it's cut like kai but using the original music and voices?

In other news there is water on the ocean. More at 11.

I know Kai itself has been recut. I don't think original DBZ has.

The excuse for that is probably that they don't take half as much effort as fully different characters
U Gohan has no excuse though

You mean like, replacing the audio of kai with the old audio? link?

but they don't rest naturally on S+H

in fact it's very awkward to use buttons from different rows especially something as important as super dash and supers which you do all the time

much easier to move your entire hand an inch and press the bottom row keys together like in every other game

there's no good answer in this game since they hardcoded the button combinations with pad in mind

it's not awkward at all for me
i played a lot of skullgirls without macros and that game has assist calls with buttons from different rows

>just noticed that Black's bullshit clones during his lvl3 have also a darker color scheme for their hair like in the anime

Fucking Arcsys

So can someone explain to me whats with that Pink Goku?
It's been years since i watched DBZ

Kaio apprentice goes rogue and hijacks Goku's body out of jealousy and use it to start a universal crusade