youtube.com/watch?v=cYXvUoCDoeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WM9Mq_Gjn50
youtube.com/watch?v=EIkDE67Z5zM
youtube.com/watch?v=fk0gyrX1W3U
youtu.be/LSnSj7v_6PE?t=4052
youtube.com/watch?v=otg0CoES8Co

Nolan Brown
Nolan Brown

is there a chance that the gacha shit to be patched out later on? cuz i already have the game but i seriously hate gacha

Caleb Russell
Caleb Russell

The gatcha jngame doesn't coat extra money.

Leo Nelson
Leo Nelson

Guess this is the new bread?

Ethan Edwards
Ethan Edwards

hey boy i need 5 things go get them
spend like 5 cylinders doing the qte correctly every time
only get 2
hey boy do you want more companions? ROLL THE DICE AS WELL
This game is designed to frustrate

Hudson Ramirez
Hudson Ramirez

the gacha on mobile is free.
do you have any idea how much you'd need to buy in a mobile game to hit $60?
And you don't need to payh $300 for the privillege to access a mobile game.

Anthony Phillips
Anthony Phillips

I would rather pay $5 for KOS-MOS instead of spending hours farming legendary and rare cores, opening hundreds of them and not succeeding.

Julian Gonzalez
Julian Gonzalez

Because it has Nia's crotch in it

XB2 threads are the best I've seen on Sup Forums in sometime. Perfect mix of vidya and waifu posting with most people generally liking the game

Aiden Evans
Aiden Evans

Is it true the tutorial is like 16 hours? I want a new switch game. I can get past the stupid bimbo waifu designs but the main character looks so fucking retarded.

I played Xenoblade for Wii U and I remember it took like 16 hours before I got my mecha. I quickly burned out after that.

Charles White
Charles White

Once all the shitposting and hate finally died down anyway yeah

Isaiah Bennett
Isaiah Bennett

The developers put up a level 80 enemy right next to one of the starting towns. Which frequently strolls around the area you need to go to for quests.

Jacob Collins
Jacob Collins

Is feee if you want to take the long painfull way.

Sebastian Taylor
Sebastian Taylor

Should I get this? I liked XCX, but I don't like all the waifu shit I keep seeing for this game.

Logan Cox
Logan Cox

Despite the game's flaws, it actually evokes genuine emotion out of me which is more than I could say for Mario's overrated Odyssy

Cooper Scott
Cooper Scott

don't use boosters at all
don't raise ideas at all
WTF WHERE'S MY KOSMOS REEEEEEEE
I have 10 rare Blades that aren't given and I'm at Tantal. Stop playing the game wrong.

Owen Davis
Owen Davis

Question: Can you marry Hikari in this.

Another Question: If not, why?

Luis James
Luis James

how much you bet nintendo is going to make a gacha fire emblem clone out of xenoblade for mobile

Caleb Brooks
Caleb Brooks

Yes, if you can't stand going through that then this probably isn't going to be your cup of tea.

Jeremiah Mitchell
Jeremiah Mitchell

OP here, should I get this game?
I've been spoiling myself recently buying basically a Switch game each week after buying the system on Black Friday, is XB2 good value?

Carson Sanchez
Carson Sanchez

Yes

Adrian Scott
Adrian Scott

This is the game that made me glad I bought a Switch

Have you played the first one?

Camden Lopez
Camden Lopez

people wouldnt call it gacha if the enemies just drop blades instead of crystals

Henry Bell
Henry Bell

You're a moron.

Zachary Martin
Zachary Martin

The tutorial teaches you new things as you play to pace out the battle system, becuase it's actually pretty in-depth this time. So yeah even at 16 hours it'll teach you a new concept, but in xb2 the combat actually gets fun pretty fast. Even if you learn what to do when your party guage is full at like 15 hours, theres a shit ton to focus on before.

Nathan Flores
Nathan Flores

invest in litecoin instead you fucking cuck, just sell by December 30th

Carson Gomez
Carson Gomez

An ojou-sama looking qt with the right type of thicc body

Sign me up. I hope I can use her thighs as a pillow.

William Williams
William Williams

To all those looking for Kos-Mos, it's worth the struggle. Granted, I got really lucky and pulled her when I first got Zeke.

John Hall
John Hall

boosters don't do anything besides raising the chances of getting a certain element, it doesn't matter if you hyperload on Justice ideas and boosters, your odds of getting a rare has not increased, just a blade of that element.
Technically you at one point get to chose which one you prefer
every tutorial splash is like 15-30 seconds depending on your reading speed but it's spread out over 20ish hours. It's not like something like Persona 5 where the tutorial lasts fucking hours on end

Austin Moore
Austin Moore

the main character looks so fucking retarded.
why?
he's one of the rare JRPG male protags with hair that doesn't make him look like a faggot.

Josiah Hughes
Josiah Hughes

hey boy i see you are busy killing some quests mobs
here's a high level flying fucker out of nowhere
thanks

Carson Martin
Carson Martin

the game fucking tells you that ideas raise your odds of getting stronger blades

Aaron Hill
Aaron Hill

If this kind of game is your kind of thing, you'll get your money's worth and then some definitely.

Aaron Martinez
Aaron Martinez

Does Kos-Mos have a special weapon type or is it just the normal Ray-Gun?

Angel Lewis
Angel Lewis

To think there are people on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who made the objectively wrong choice

Admittedly, I'm a bit of a contrarian on these things. The easiest way for a girl to lose me is when I can tell the game wants me to like her.

Isaac Richardson
Isaac Richardson

That exact same enemy is also found in one of the earlier areas in Xenoblade 1.

Getting to the factory in Lower Mor Ardain was worse. Unless I did it wrong, I had to sneak passed level 80 dinosaurs, birds and wolves that all aggro on sight in order to get there.

Landon Brooks
Landon Brooks

dude its standalone, like final fantasy! Perfect for newcomers.

Ethan Thompson
Ethan Thompson

gun but she uses a sword for a specials

Michael Johnson
Michael Johnson

the default background music is too loud
again
At least they give sound options finally, can they patch this in Cross please?

Brayden Thompson
Brayden Thompson

Yes, I too saw the dunkey vid and never played any of the 3 xenoblade games before!

Kayden Moore
Kayden Moore

fucking this. shit was insane

Hudson Barnes
Hudson Barnes

I have so many people to apologize to over that ending

Levi Bailey
Levi Bailey

People have posted that releasing rares reverts the rates back. If you get a bunch of rares you don't care about, release them and you improve your chance of getting KOS-MOS. The game doesn't want you getting new rares when you have less than 5 remaining. The only way to get around that is to release ones you don't want.

Samuel Nelson
Samuel Nelson

For a moment I thought I was going the wrong way but nope, I guess the devs were just assholes about that one part

Bentley Nelson
Bentley Nelson

Need to kill Tantal volffs to get an affinity perk.
Return to Tantal.
Literally everything has been replaced by level 80-ish seafood wandering everywhere.

William Russell
William Russell

What's the one song that plays before the final battle & during Rex trying to get Pyra/Mythra to join him right before the transformation in the fight with Jin & Malos? Plays in one or two other sections as well.

Lucas Peterson
Lucas Peterson

Every Xenoblade game so far evokes a similar feeling from me: like a precious child I grow to love so much in spite of its own pretty glaring flaws. Even then at the end the flaws just adds its charm in the way of a memorable frustration/moment.

Josiah Thompson
Josiah Thompson

Post Nia

Isaiah Turner
Isaiah Turner

No I haven't. Does it relate to the first one at all?

Nicholas Reed
Nicholas Reed

What's a good place to farm rare cores at around level 45? I'm near the end of chapter 5

Liam Foster
Liam Foster

In a way. You'll still be fine playing 2 as your first, but the ending has a deeper level of meaning/context if you've played the first game, but it's not necessary in the grand scheme of things either.

Hudson King
Hudson King

roll crazy Yoshimitsu looking dude
his name is fucking Perceval
who comes up with these names

Nathaniel Williams
Nathaniel Williams

Should I play the previous games before playing this one? I was thinking of emulating the Xenoblade Chronicles on PC, but was recently gifted 2. Should I just let it sit on my shelf until I beat the earlier ones? How far back in the series is a good place to start?

Jayden Rivera
Jayden Rivera

it's mostly standalone, but is a lot more meaningful if you have once the game passes a certain point

Blake Walker
Blake Walker

For 90% of the game it doesn't, but then it starts referencing the first game like crazy for its big twist

That said, All you need to know about the first game is its ending to grasp XB2's plot. I'll sum up the connections in the spoiler if you want to know.

XB1 and 2 are occurring simultaneously in parallel universes. The backstory of XB2 explains how the universe of XB1 came to exist and Shulk's killing of the god in XB1 causes the death of the god you meet in XB2 to trigger the ending.

Liam Hall
Liam Hall

His costume is a genuine 5/10

Second one bumps up to a 9

William Sanders
William Sanders

tfw game is $90 in canada after tax

No regrets, game is amazing.

Hudson Hall
Hudson Hall

I would have picked hikari but homura just sounds better when he shouts it

Isaiah Torres
Isaiah Torres

You can get to there from upper Mor Ardain you know

You don't ever need to actually cross the high level part of Chansagh Wastes unless you want to find the key to unlock the locked gate from the docks

Ian Taylor
Ian Taylor

It's the the fog that causes it.

Adrian Hernandez
Adrian Hernandez

Anyone else surprised by how good this game is? Blunderfagging aside, the way the combat ramps up and yet the gameplay not being dumbed down from the previous games is pretty impressive.

A little let down they toned down the boob jiggles since the trailers though

Noah Hughes
Noah Hughes

90 canubucks arent 90 usd hun

Zachary Allen
Zachary Allen

Sup Forums who’s on your waifu team?
For me, I put the three bro drivers with their full lineup of waifus.
Rex: Mythra (best girl) Nia (4th best girl) and Agate (2nd best non-legendary blade)
Zeke: Pandy (3rd best girl) Zenobia (best non-legendary blade) Azami
Tora: both Poppi’s
For the record Morag gets Godfrey as her husbando.

Clearly Monolith wanted you to play a waifu team, why else would they give you a 50% damage increase item for having waifus?

John Cooper
John Cooper

Tl;dr. It's not necessary. You could play either or first. But playing both in the end makes the other retroactively better.

Joshua Flores
Joshua Flores

you were supposed to go from the upper level. I admittedly did the same thing though.

Hunter Morales
Hunter Morales

Nia will never be a trap

Chase Martin
Chase Martin

But playing both in the end makes the other retroactively better.

Seriously, I hated XB1's ending initially and now I actually like it

Wyatt Young
Wyatt Young

You're supposed to go through the abandoned factory, past level 35-ish Lizards instead. One of the level 80 birds might bug you when you run down the stairs but otherwise it's all clear.

Ryder Anderson
Ryder Anderson

P U S S Y B O N E

Isaiah Sullivan
Isaiah Sullivan

I should have known, that factory looked so neat tho

Brody Wood
Brody Wood

I think you should play the first game before 2, mostly so you can appreciate 2’s gameplay improvements. 2 also makes cute little references to the first game even if they take place in separate universes, so play the first if you want to get them.

Colton Wood
Colton Wood

What's the best way to build the 3 Poppis? I'm fine with grinding for ether crystals but not grinding for the Master Role CPUs.
All the different ways you can get down to the second half of the lower level
I wish more of the game was like this
what didn't you like about it, I thought it was pretty swell. Are you just not a fan of good ol' JRPG god killing?

Matthew Young
Matthew Young

surprised
Monolith-Soft & Takahashi always come through. They're one of the few remaining teams I'm still fairly confident about giving my unconditional trust.

Easton Wright
Easton Wright

"Nice barreh."

Oliver Walker
Oliver Walker

This game straight up spoils xeno1 so yes, play that first if you ever planned to.

Jackson Russell
Jackson Russell

why is Rex such a shit party member. dude dies with just 3 o 4 attacks from any enemy

Evan Flores
Evan Flores

It's just a simple romantic "boy-meets-girl" story.
Did you rike it?

Dominic Roberts
Dominic Roberts

what didn't you like about it, I thought it was pretty swell. Are you just not a fan of good ol' JRPG god killing?

I liked killing god but I failed to see how the shit with Klaus impacted the story in any meaningful way. Now it does and it adds a bittersweet element to the fight with Zanza when you realize the impact it had on the world ox XB2

Thomas Wright
Thomas Wright

Honestly for the first several hours I was so bored I thought about quiting but once you get Tora and Nia both together the game really picks up steam. I like how there’s progression in combat mechanics all the way to the very end too. I mean still in the final chapter they’re giving you new abilities, it really helps you feel like you’re progressing.

Jackson Gomez
Jackson Gomez

just got the titty monster bunny
that disgusting accent

Noah Foster
Noah Foster

Look! You can pinpoint the exact moment where his opinions became irrelevant!

Only a gay would choose pyra over ascended Nia. Hell, even regular Nia.

Adam Adams
Adam Adams

Generally speaking, Rex is your attacker. You want to have your tank character take all the aggro while the attacker doles out damage and the healer protects the tank.

But you can and possibly might need to switch these rolls around, depending on your whimsy or core rolls.

Joshua Lewis
Joshua Lewis

You will never wake up to this.

Camden Green
Camden Green

Aggro management while you have Mythra out
Even Rolling Smash can't save you

Christopher Hernandez
Christopher Hernandez

Dub or Sub?

Ayden Baker
Ayden Baker

Can someone please explain to me how buying shop deeds work? I've bought out stores like in that one quest but I've never seen another deed.

Oliver Peterson
Oliver Peterson

I'm a real big fan of how the combat slowly builds upon itself and becomes more complex, with more and more way to make combat trivial if you understand the mechanics
Rex plays very similar to Shulk did in the original XBC, high damage but you're supposed to keep the agro off him at almost all costs. Unlike Shulk however, his agro dropping art is a lot worse since it's AoE, so it can accidentally hit enemies you're not currently fighting and immediately draw their agro. If you're early on in the game things become a lot easier to manage once you get Tora, your first tank party member.

Hudson Campbell
Hudson Campbell

Somebody at MS had something awful go on in their love life. There's no conceivable reason for a normal person to do something like this with such regularity

Jack Carter
Jack Carter

Sub if you can help it. Dub if you really can't stand reading subtitles/don't understand the simple banter/battle phrases in Japanese.

Liam Reed
Liam Reed

Generally speaking, Rex is your attacker

You mean Zeke, right? Because you put Rex away the moment you got Zeke...right?

Nolan Davis
Nolan Davis

Fuck that stupid ass bird. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

Nicholas Campbell
Nicholas Campbell

you need to raise development level and do a merc mission for contracts, or be on a specific side quest to snag em all

Brody Price
Brody Price

stop playing dub

Adrian Morris
Adrian Morris

I feel like Brighid is surprisingly ignored in the battle of the waifus. Just look at those tits, that sheer slit through the dress, them tiny panties. Goddamn.

Christopher Rogers
Christopher Rogers

She brushes it off so easily, even though her heart literally shattered to pieces

Nia is truly best girl. NiaxZeke doujin when

Wyatt Morris
Wyatt Morris

Sometimes you need the development level higher to have their whole stock available for purchase, and sometimes you have to do quests for them once you unlock the quests you send left over blades on. They'll often drop items in bulk that add items into multiple shops at once.

Carson Hill
Carson Hill

It just gives you a greater appreciation and some mind blowing. The game can be played standalone.

Kevin Baker
Kevin Baker

i have farmed over 100 rare and 10 legendaries cores and yet not a SINGLE NEW BLADE. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i seriously have about 11 missing in the catalog.

Zachary Sanchez
Zachary Sanchez

Most gacha games actually run at 1080p, some at 60fps. Pretty fucking embarrassing for Xenoblade.

Henry Gomez
Henry Gomez

Zeke not having Theory and Praxis
Tora only having 2 Poppi's

you need to get your shit together those two girls were clearly made for Zeke's harem.

Angel Davis
Angel Davis

English dub

Install the Japanese dub already.

Landon Murphy
Landon Murphy

Stop 'avin a laugh at every cutscene

Why would anyone play Jap voices willingly when this game has 10/10 comedic value due to the English ones.

Leo Stewart
Leo Stewart

Klaus randomly talking about his other self dying in another dimension will feel stupid to those who don't get it

Gavin Jackson
Gavin Jackson

Morag should've been a guy.

Eli Powell
Eli Powell

Thank you! I've only gotten to 2 stars development so that makes sense.

Hudson Hughes
Hudson Hughes

It doesn't tell you this (because of course it doesn't) but raising dev level isn't the only way to add more items to shops, you have to do merc missions to unlock more of them and you can't do that until chapter 4.
So essentially you don't have access to 99% of deeds until chapter 4, making the tutorial on it so early in the game totally pointless.

Joshua Gray
Joshua Gray

I would like Brighid more if she opened up her eyes more often

Mason Foster
Mason Foster

Brushes it iut easily
Bullshit, pic related is a combination of rex fears and her inner feelings.

Nathaniel Nelson
Nathaniel Nelson

Haven't tried to farm any cores
Already down to just 7 left
Even got two rares in a row
You poor thing

Jonathan Clark
Jonathan Clark

they dont deserve her anyways

Brayden Ramirez
Brayden Ramirez

I saw the first poppi scene in english and it wasnt funny at all. She doesnt sound like a robot loli.

Robert Sullivan
Robert Sullivan

Nia(4th best girl)

Does this man actually have the shittiest taste posted on Sup Forums, ever?

William Thomas
William Thomas

I'll like it better when the DLC gives them a melodramatic tragic ending where they have to be apart forever and the waifushitters get booty-ravaged over it

Lincoln Morris
Lincoln Morris

Please help me, I need to achieve maximum Poppi power

Jack Hughes
Jack Hughes

I hope I can use her thighs as a pillow.
She uses Rex's thighs as a pillow instead, mirroring when Rex used Pyra's thighs as a pillow.

Sebastian Carter
Sebastian Carter

How about Xenogear and Xenosaga? Am I good to go with just Chronicles 1 and 2 with X as an extra?

How bad is the n3DS port? Part if the reason I haven't gotten around to the other games is that I've been spoiled by playing on the go/in bed on the Switch. I was going to emulate Chronicles with the texture packs and then play X on the WiiU, but I haven't really had the time to set it all up lately. Do you think we'll actually get ports of the last two games for the Switch?

Jonathan Myers
Jonathan Myers

get female merc mission
put floren in the squad
0/1 female
what in the FUCK.
female voice
female design
WHY IS THIS OKAY?

Christopher Reed
Christopher Reed

MAXIMUM POWER you say?

Wyatt Ross
Wyatt Ross

Yes
teach me the way of the poppi

Leo Hall
Leo Hall

Or for those who got that far, they'll go the extra mile and google his character bio.

Michael Watson
Michael Watson

his voice is definitely very boyish, and he says "boku" which is usually reserved for males

Gavin Watson
Gavin Watson

It's not even that. It's a "girl and boy are pretty much forced to be together and there is no conflict on the matter".

Rex and Pyra were verbally banging literally the moment you got her. And then probably literally banging after chapter 3.

Oliver Lee
Oliver Lee

Wait Kos-Mos is rare? I've had her for ages and don't even use her. Is she good?

Samuel Clark
Samuel Clark

What part of "not their present forms" don't you get?

James Torres
James Torres

traps are gay

Aaron Rivera
Aaron Rivera

It’s because there’s already all this pomp and circumstance to her you know? Like the game spends so much time telling you about how she’s this incredible heirloom blade passed down through the Ardanians.

Now Haze on the other hand, is a truly underrated waifu.

Connor Parker
Connor Parker

Exactly the problem. You should need to google key plot points.

Grayson Collins
Grayson Collins

any single rare blade is very rare.

Xavier Mitchell
Xavier Mitchell

has beguiling charms
gay

Mason Williams
Mason Williams

She's pretty strong, the only light element blade that isn't Mythra.
Her personal quest and Heart to Heart are tied to endgame locations, so she might be intentionally rare.

John Morales
John Morales

Poppi is actually best girl. When a robot has more personality than the main waifu, you know it's bad.

Juan Hill
Juan Hill

No.

Gavin Watson
Gavin Watson

story base blade
dies like every other one
stays dead
I get it's for the P L O T but WHY
she and her original driver never come back as this game's 7th as a 2nd healer set to balance out the party
FUCK

Austin Edwards
Austin Edwards

literally 0 personality
underrated

she deserves to be a fucking flat 0/10

Andrew Young
Andrew Young

Pyra and Mythra are both bland as fuck, so it's not hard to be better than them

Carson Hall
Carson Hall

?
Not much. Sixty dollars barely gets you anywhere in mobile games.

Angel Flores
Angel Flores

The problem is the connection only makes XB1 make more sense and doesn't really do anything to provide XB2's story with more interesting ideas outside of the identify of the 3rd Aegis.

I'd argue that if they tried to market the game as a sequel and only had that one segment at the end, fans would riot.

The approach they made with largely the game being its own story was right approach to sell the game as.

Kayden Myers
Kayden Myers

holy shit I remember seeing this years ago and thinking it was from some porn game

lol

Leo Carter
Leo Carter

lol. why in the fuck is there a hidden knife just for that?

Lincoln Robinson
Lincoln Robinson

Sounds like Pyra desu

Gavin Hill
Gavin Hill

Because is just for that? To open her bransi she can use her chest canon?

Tyler Williams
Tyler Williams

Man, I need to finish that game.

Caleb Morris
Caleb Morris

Kasumi/Haze is the true blandest "waifu" in the game.

Ryder Thomas
Ryder Thomas

chest cannon

I see no cannon anywhere near that chest user.

Benjamin Jackson
Benjamin Jackson

Bite the bullet and go with my Morag/Nia/Tora squad
Shit is absolutely melting, no one is taking damage
Nia only pops onto Dromarch to close Water Combos
Full Bursts on everything

This is glorious. Guess I'll enjoy it now, until Rex gets too OP to bench, which is Ch 7ish or so I've heard.

Cooper Young
Cooper Young

tfw I gave up on KOS-MOS and settled for Herald who doesn't need RNG spam to get

Joshua Sullivan
Joshua Sullivan

Yes, in that chapter he gets both the best healing and offensive abilities in the game

Jeremiah Walker
Jeremiah Walker

kneel before her

Leo Sanchez
Leo Sanchez

Are the banter generic lines or do they have some neat things in them?

Aiden Richardson
Aiden Richardson

best way to farm money/exp/weapon sp?

Jacob Gray
Jacob Gray

tfw you will never get to breed with this

Cameron Jones
Cameron Jones

Not every female is going to open up her heart to you in the first 20 minutes of meeting her user. Haze is one of those girls.

Jace Jenkins
Jace Jenkins

Yeah "stronger" Commons. It has literally 0 effect on pulling a rare or not. Justice boosters might if only because I don't think you can get a Light Common so the pool is obviously smaller in that regard.

Levi Young
Levi Young

youtube.com/watch?v=aDeE8Gz1Ybo

Looking back on this trailer gets me nostalgic and almost teary eyed already.

Jeremiah Baker
Jeremiah Baker

Funnily enough, before I even entered the factory I went BACK there to explore (by which I mean only went there for the landmark at the factory), found the dig site, a bunch of chests and another unique within level range.
I thoroughly explored the old industrial site though, the unique in the lower section, the chests within every room where the little guys broke the window to come in, was a fun time.

I don’t get what people complain about “higher level enemies” when it’s not that hard to try and try again to make your way around and find something interesting in most cases. Like the Immovable Gonzales, got my party members to take a few hits while I jumped down, found some neat stuff.

Cameron Thompson
Cameron Thompson

Fight something a higher level than you and kill their ass with a chain attack.

Robert White
Robert White

See those legs like things opening around her chest? They generate a small energy ball that forms in front of her chest, she shots it and the target is captured in a energy ball for.massive damage

Easton Richardson
Easton Richardson

Oh man that sucks... I've just been using Zeke because I don't care about Rex at all. But if he really is that good I might have to bring him back

David Cooper
David Cooper

Wait hold on, there’s a third Poppi?? I literally just finished chapter 10 tonight and haven’t run into one.

Evan Price
Evan Price

its a sidemission

Carter Cooper
Carter Cooper

youtube.com/watch?v=cYXvUoCDoeQ

Nicholas Thompson
Nicholas Thompson

Yes, it's so good you won't have a choice, but the chapter finally gives him some real development too.

Michael Moore
Michael Moore

never noticed the knife before
Literally thought her boobs were just getting bigger

Jeremiah Rivera
Jeremiah Rivera

Lol that's like asking if they would patch out catching pokemon in pokemon. Why would they patch out a main mechanic of the game

Owen Gutierrez
Owen Gutierrez

there's an obscure heart to heart on one of the islands near Rex's village that you have to see before the sidequest is available. after that you just go to tora's house and get the sidequest, which is one of the longer sidequests.

Jace White
Jace White

damn im glad i didnt watch anything since e3, that shit is spoiler city

Christopher Gray
Christopher Gray

$300 for the privillege to access a mobile game.
modern phones are like $1000 user

Jayden Reyes
Jayden Reyes

You cannot resonate with any more Core Crystals right now
But I can use my Rare Blade Cores

I just want fucking finch, god.

Evan Rogers
Evan Rogers

jrpgs

why is this allowed?

Hunter Jackson
Hunter Jackson

I've only played xenogears, i suddenly feel a desire to play saga now.

Ethan Carter
Ethan Carter

mythra is all you need. crit spam is so fucking broken you don't even need a party. slap a dmg heal on her and there you go tank+heal+dmg all in one.

Jason Myers
Jason Myers

why are her hips so glorious? i want to die

Jonathan Wilson
Jonathan Wilson

Well at least 1 barrier of RNG would be reduced if that was the case

John Edwards
John Edwards

delete some commons

Juan Harris
Juan Harris

This is Pyra, Rex's wife.

Noah Campbell
Noah Campbell

FUCK

WHAT DO I CHOOSE

Thomas Morris
Thomas Morris

youtube.com/watch?v=WM9Mq_Gjn50

Wyatt Ward
Wyatt Ward

I know that, my point was why can't I just use the core to get a free Rare, since they don't count for your Blade limit anyway. It's just the game preemptively telling me I'm gonna get a common blade which I did.

Juan Hernandez
Juan Hernandez

Why you telling us what we already know?

Joshua Powell
Joshua Powell

Play with Jap VA
Kami (God) turns into Architect
Why can't localizations just stay true to the artist's vision

Jason Myers
Jason Myers

Cute redhead waifu that has been with you since the beginning.
Bitchy physically abusive tsundere who can't cook
Real tough choice.

Evan Ramirez
Evan Ramirez

tfw got a Finch and threw him way 'cause he looked silly and didn't want my gacha rates to be heavily decreased for my search for KOS-MOS

Levi Jones
Levi Jones

why couldn't this game have had romance options like persona. My dick would've so hard

Jacob Fisher
Jacob Fisher

Rex would definitely choose Pyra

Gavin Flores
Gavin Flores

tsundere
complete slut

hmmm. tough choice here.

Joseph Foster
Joseph Foster

I used both for a while in chapter 6 when Morag wasn't available. Gave him Kasandra and has Nia on heals. He's not frail like Rex and can take quite a bit of damage but still needs some babysitting from Nia and the occasional potion.

David Cooper
David Cooper

I feel like the system could have been great if they hadn't gone FULL GACHA.
Like making rare cores a limited item that only pulls from the rare blades pool; you could still use regular cores for the weapons, skills and merc missions and the whole thing wouldn't feel infuriating.

Ethan Morris
Ethan Morris

The one that's always been at Rex's side.

Jackson Wright
Jackson Wright

She’s so perfect. I literally love everything about her.

Alexander Williams
Alexander Williams

Because Rex is a character in his own right and not a self insert like Persona protags are?

Lucas Jones
Lucas Jones

Pyra.

Lucas Rodriguez
Lucas Rodriguez

anyone wanna buy me this? im poor

Jacob Smith
Jacob Smith

nintendo

poppi 3rd form is called dating in jap right? why did they stick to QT 3.14 in english?

Asher Wright
Asher Wright

that proud walking stance
i want to impregnate her asspussy

David Garcia
David Garcia

Buying a flagship from an overpriced brand
Bait.

Landon Hughes
Landon Hughes

at least it's not turn based and the world has threats in it instead of a big stretch for you to press forward on

Nolan Foster
Nolan Foster

sent :)

Gabriel Thompson
Gabriel Thompson

doesn't necessarily need to be self insert to have romance options

Jaxson Murphy
Jaxson Murphy

Wait for the NG+ patch.

Jack Reyes
Jack Reyes

shitty cancerous mechanic in an auto attacking MMO like game
Hmm.

Evan Howard
Evan Howard

thanks babe

Ayden Garcia
Ayden Garcia

ハナJD

qt pie is the natural next step of qt because they already committed to that route

Sebastian Martinez
Sebastian Martinez

Poppi Alpha = Hana JS (JS = Elementary School Girl)
Poppi QT = Hana JK (JK = High School Girl)
Poppi QT-Pi = Hana JD (JD = College Girl)

Evan Parker
Evan Parker

Danganronpa V3
any mentions of god changed to "Atua"

Why are americans so afraid of religious references?

Jordan Cruz
Jordan Cruz

This
If they didn't try their hardest to force feed Pyra to the player nobody would give a shit about her outside of hardcore moefags because that's all she is. A bland agreeable blob with no personality

Isaac Allen
Isaac Allen

is she actually called hana JS in the Japanese version? jesus chirs

Parker Phillips
Parker Phillips

Be rare blade
Your driver already has his waifu
He will never notice you
Being a Rare Blade is suffering

Noah Cox
Noah Cox

Dumbasses like these are why devs are so hesitant to not handhold gamers

David Gutierrez
David Gutierrez

Pyra plebs worshiping the first girl that's nice to them in the game.

Aaron Phillips
Aaron Phillips

Yup. They all have double meaning each with great dumb /m/-esque reference names as well:
JS = Jet Spark
JK = Justice Knight
JD = Judgement Day

Noah Parker
Noah Parker

Litetally spemd an hour, do 99 salvages with silvers and youll have a million gp

Nathaniel King
Nathaniel King

Why does Tora make Poppi sluttier each upgrade

Kayden Hall
Kayden Hall

Because he's Tora

Connor Bennett
Connor Bennett

Of anything Rex has shown that there’s no limit to how many wives one driver can have. He’s got two desperate ones and then sometimes they fuse together to make a third, perfect waifu. Plus Nia as well. Actually I need Rex to save some for the rest of us. Unless you mean Zeke in which case I’m sorry, but he’s for Pandy only.

Lincoln Carter
Lincoln Carter

that's exactly the audience they're aiming for. low level moebuta who instantly gets wet because a girl acts like a housewife to the character they self insert into

Benjamin Sanchez
Benjamin Sanchez

Tora
Poppi's sister made QTPI's clothes

Jonathan Evans
Jonathan Evans

contrarians
no wonder we had a couple of memecat ops recently

Ethan Williams
Ethan Williams

input lag while docked
0 input lag while undocked

is it the controller or the switch? hella annoying trying to perform 0.5 QTE salvaging that changes button sequences with input lag

Chase Allen
Chase Allen

Yes, but Tora actually means to makes them references to mechashit.
Quixotic Tutelar also means something in English but they gotta keep the double entendre from the JP version, hence QT. Dunno if the pie in the third form is supposed to add something.g onto that though.

Ryan Morgan
Ryan Morgan

Why is Mythra such a cunt?

Isaiah Hughes
Isaiah Hughes

ok but who dis tho

Jaxon Campbell
Jaxon Campbell

Gathered all those mats wondering what kind of outfit Lila was gonna make
It's literally just a huge scarf
It looks great anyway

Bentley Brown
Bentley Brown

Tsunderes are always cunts.

Sebastian Hernandez
Sebastian Hernandez

She's annoyed that Rex reminds her of her husband

Jose Brown
Jose Brown

Why does Mythra sound like she needs to sneeze in the dub.

Austin Taylor
Austin Taylor

Somebody needs to keep Rex in line. If not he’d have gone and gotten them all killed by now. Now get down on your knees and suck her toes you loser.

Jaxon White
Jaxon White

It's a damn same Poppi QTpie mode didn't have tits like this

Dominic Phillips
Dominic Phillips

Should I play the xenoblade on wii? Is it good?

Christian Lopez
Christian Lopez

Fuck both of them, Nia's hips are a gift from God himself

Noah Morgan
Noah Morgan

Probably your television, input lag is going to happen on an HDTV and HDMI cables.

That said, I feel like the diving minigame has lag in every format.

Alexander Hughes
Alexander Hughes

reminder mythra/pyra are used goods. addam hit it and died

Brody Morales
Brody Morales

Have him yell Mythra in the ending instead of Pyra.

Jayden Lewis
Jayden Lewis

Way to put him on the spot to begin him

Owen Wood
Owen Wood

Not yet

Bentley Adams
Bentley Adams

Addam only fucked Mythra.

Connor Hughes
Connor Hughes

Pyra is Addam and Mythra's daughter, he wouldn't do that to her.

Colton Ortiz
Colton Ortiz

makes a blade entirely out of robot parts
boob bounces

for what purpose?

James Brown
James Brown

won't get this game for Christmas
mfw routine reminders from Sup Forums that I'm not playing it yet

Nicholas Nguyen
Nicholas Nguyen

That's how all Americans talk, it's just far more noticeable when the rest of the cast has healthy accents.

Juan Reyes
Juan Reyes

I dunno, ask him, his dad and his grand-dad

Jaxon Foster
Jaxon Foster

Won't get this game till January when college starts agian

Nicholas Allen
Nicholas Allen

The only thing easier than catching moé-fags is catching ham-fisted last minute side girl confession-plebs.

Levi Green
Levi Green

Shit, meant until Christmas.

Stay strong, lad.

Brody Butler
Brody Butler

three generations spent trying to advance technology and create something amazing
not at least spending an afternoon figuring out how to make her boobs bounce
Not gonna make it

Isaac Collins
Isaac Collins

Considering Tora only actually needed one essential part to finish Poppi and the other three most expensive parts he needed were just to keep her hat from falling off, I'm not surprised.

Andrew Allen
Andrew Allen

i felt nothing about that confession nor did i bring it up. try again. you're making yourself way too obvious with your instant leap toward the touchy topic. can't handle some criticism toward your precious inoffensive housewife?

Grayson Walker
Grayson Walker

only one of the expensive parts was for her hat, the others were for her eyes if I recall

Xavier Walker
Xavier Walker

addam only fucked mythra
when gramps asks pyra that rex reminded her of addam she cried

nah he totally fucked her to death

James Wright
James Wright

I'm sure she'll win!

Juan Sanders
Juan Sanders

Who is Morag’s Sup Forums-approved husbando? You do care that she’s happy, don’t you Sup Forums?

Jordan Bailey
Jordan Bailey

Morag is for /u/

Ryder Cooper
Ryder Cooper

Where do you find the Tome of Morytha #3 for Adenine's affinity chart?

Ayden Sanders
Ayden Sanders

her brother obviously

Joseph Lee
Joseph Lee

Me

Aaron Gutierrez
Aaron Gutierrez

Her brother

Connor Hughes
Connor Hughes

She has all of Mythra’s memories you know.

Gabriel Powell
Gabriel Powell

What is inside boooox? Sweets or treats or sooocks?

Logan Carter
Logan Carter

You just know that she rides shota emperor dick every night.

Bentley Mitchell
Bentley Mitchell

Morag is for /ss/ and/or /u/ with Brigid

Julian Baker
Julian Baker

What was her name again?

Wyatt Roberts
Wyatt Roberts

Americans are disgusting.

Connor Long
Connor Long

Overpowered Slut

Easton Parker
Easton Parker

youtube.com/watch?v=EIkDE67Z5zM

Eli Howard
Eli Howard

Best of the three.

Xavier Roberts
Xavier Roberts

Rex meets Nia first though, and they literally share a moment together when Rex is on lookout.

Michael Ramirez
Michael Ramirez

Morag is clearly heading for the ss route with Niall she already took his blade if you know what i mean

Ryan Jenkins
Ryan Jenkins

Pythra

Connor Watson
Connor Watson

her first fight
nukes Jin and Malos from orbit with her level 3 special and ends the fight immediately
imagine what she does to Rex's shota cock

Anthony Turner
Anthony Turner

I really dislike her hair color in combination with the ponytail, didn't think they went together. That chest is the best of the 3, though.

Brandon Roberts
Brandon Roberts

Instead of Pneuma separating and becoming Pyra and Mythra, she instead keeps that form and the threesome happens between her and Nia
What a waste.

Luis Adams
Luis Adams

You are not a man of culture.

James Martinez
James Martinez

seriously, what are you even going on about? i care about the majority of the game and cutscenes being dragged down by a bog standard personality-less moeblob, not some fuck off 5 second hamfisted confession at the ass end of the game.
good job convincing me pyrafags are permanently brain damaged and can't even follow a simple conversation though. not sure why i ever expected any more from moebuta.

Jacob Ramirez
Jacob Ramirez

This is where I knew Rex had good taste.

Isaac Hill
Isaac Hill

was impressed by how high quality of a waifu Pyra was for Rex
Mythra shows up and proves that she is the perfect waifu for Rex, with just enough sass to keep him grounded
THEN they fuse together to make the ultra perfect waifu, with even better hair than the first two
All men should be so lucky.

Now the real question is can they fuse together even after they become separate people?

Christian Rivera
Christian Rivera

How big is Rex's dick? Asking for a friend

Parker Diaz
Parker Diaz

Last dungeon hint please.
The locked door in one of the upper levels that is optional and needs a key card for, is it obtained somewhere nearby?

Robert Miller
Robert Miller

The conduit is gone so most likely not.

Luis Hughes
Luis Hughes

Hi Nia!

Ryan Lopez
Ryan Lopez

If she can't, doesn't that mean Rex actually got cucked by Shulk?

Nathaniel Carter
Nathaniel Carter

It's in the only other building you can go in, dude. All the way in the back.

Easton Long
Easton Long

speaking of, what the hell was that

Jose Hughes
Jose Hughes

Pyra should grow her hair.

yes or no?

James Gomez
James Gomez

I picked Mythra's name, but I didn't think it would have any real impact (it doesn't btw). I figure Pyra was the weak form, Mythra was the strong/true form, so of course the Master Blade form should use the stronger form name. And considering I only use Mythra now with her crit spam, it's much better to have Mythra's name on screen for fighting.

Obviously in story Rex would pick Pyra, but the decision doesn't really change anything and he's a faggot. Worst character in the cast next to some awesome side-main characters.

Also why do Japs have this obsession with short guys? I'm 6'1", can't I play ONE jrpg with a tall or even normal main character? Also what's with all these shorts? Jap male fashion is terrible.

9/10 game though, really great.

Brayden Morris
Brayden Morris

I love Kora.

Brandon Garcia
Brandon Garcia

No shit that's the main path. I found out it's for Adienne's quest though.

Gabriel Wright
Gabriel Wright

persona 5 MC was pretty damn tall

Adrian Gonzalez
Adrian Gonzalez

I don’t know, but it allowed for supreme god tier waifu so we’re gonna need it back.

Asher Parker
Asher Parker

I want a sequel. Tell me it's in the works, bros. I don't want to say goodbye to my waifus and party members.

Brayden Ross
Brayden Ross

I can't read and didn't see the word optional.
Whoops.

Kevin Martin
Kevin Martin

She looks great as is. She might be willing to grow it out just so she can put in in a ponytail though.

Xavier Young
Xavier Young

She's real good. Carried Rex during the parts where Pyra wasn't available and I like her sidequest too.

Joseph Wright
Joseph Wright

Welcome to the end of good JRPGs. Sorry bud, the journey's over.

Jace Young
Jace Young

I keep thinking what sort of DLC I’d like to see for the game, obviously exploring that new huge continent sounds great but that’s a whole game on its own.

Justin Edwards
Justin Edwards

Sup Forums. which is better of the three?

short hair
long hair
pony tail

David Jackson
David Jackson

gacha
It's RNG drops like every other RPG.

Logan Collins
Logan Collins

Oh hey you're right, and the fashion wasn't terrible (no shorts or whatever). Why can't Japs do more of that? That was perfect.

I'm not some faggy fashion guy, I just can't take a grown man (or teenage hero) in shorts seriously. It's like watching the mailman or UPS guy run around chasing after packages instead of real questing.

Eli Miller
Eli Miller

Is Rex okay with everyone staring at Pyra and Mythra tits and ass as they walk past?

Dylan Morales
Dylan Morales

A lot of people are guessing that it will be a prequel of some sort. Either about the war 500 years ago or about Torna members.

Hudson Rodriguez
Hudson Rodriguez

pony tail, but i'll take long hair because it can become pony tail

Hudson Jenkins
Hudson Jenkins

Ponytail, always.

Julian Nguyen
Julian Nguyen

Shoulder-length

Logan Reyes
Logan Reyes

He knows they have no chance no matter what, so no harm. Addam would need to be resurrected for anybody to take them away from him.

Jeremiah Jones
Jeremiah Jones

played on my gayman's monitor(those they use for fighting games) so I know there should be no input lag. yet I was experiencing a lot of it everywhere(maps and battles included) I think they are the controllers because I also felt the same lag while playing Odessey.

Logan Martinez
Logan Martinez

I don't play many JRPGs, tell me this is a sick joke. Mythra and Shellhead are waiting for me..
This is what I'm hoping for, but I won't be naive. It's going to be dumb sidestory content. I'd love to explore the post-credits area.

Gavin Bell
Gavin Bell

There's no chance in hell for it to happen. Sad, because the gacha/field skill mechanics are pure cancer and drop it from mid-90's to high 70's/low 80's in terms of quality. I really wanted to like Xenoblade 2, but the rare blades system is just disgusting.

Jace Hughes
Jace Hughes

Sounds great, sign me up. All of the characters in this game were pretty great so I think I’d be happy playing as any of them.

Brandon Torres
Brandon Torres

finished this game yesterday.

been doing nothing but laying in bed all day today. is this what depression feels like?

Dominic Roberts
Dominic Roberts

long throwaway epilogue cutscene at the end showing the entire main party in casual clothing and living happy lives in Fonsett
I'd cough up just for something like that

Jaxon Myers
Jaxon Myers

How does the gatcha work?

Can you get all the "robot" looking blades, with:

element type

As all the different options? Can rareblades also have those options? All I've got is some guy that looks kind of gay and uses a water axe.

Aiden Gutierrez
Aiden Gutierrez

I just finished it this evening and I’ve done nothing but post about it in threads on Sup Forums for like 5 hours now, I know your feel lad. On the bright side, NG+ in like 6 days or so.

Elijah Sanchez
Elijah Sanchez

Poppi seen moments before being challenged to a game of dice by Ceoreparque and Miusaki

Carson Fisher
Carson Fisher

Is it just me, or are the tyrants in this game much easier than in X and the original? My party is around level 65-ish, and the only challenging tyrant I beat so far was the Vampire Bride.

Also, the tyrant themes in this game are so good. Like, unironically better than both Xenoblade's and Xenoblade X's.

Sebastian Stewart
Sebastian Stewart

so you'd say XBC2 is on par with XBC1?

Isaiah Foster
Isaiah Foster

Just Kora being Kora.
Send her off on missions
Comes back retells the whole thing including impersonations of multiple people.

Parker Edwards
Parker Edwards

this is why i never put that cunt in leader positions. never shuts the fuck up

Ian Mitchell
Ian Mitchell

No it's better. X was too.

Luis Lopez
Luis Lopez

What kind of enemy in this game is considered a "titan"? Thats what I wanna know.

Hudson Cox
Hudson Cox

I dunno user, its kind of adorable. Probably was a pain to dub though.

Hunter Scott
Hunter Scott

As things stand for me personally;
2 > X > 1
but they're all great anyway

Thomas Perez
Thomas Perez

I always put her as leader if I send her on a mission.

Chase Perez
Chase Perez

So what will the third monado's blade form look like? Will she change form depending on her mode?

Owen Green
Owen Green

Subjecting my poor parents to JPN Ursala over and over and over again got me sweating

Samuel Morales
Samuel Morales

it's actually pretty in-depth this time
Why do 2-fags say this all the time? 2 has the most simple battle system yet. Simplified, more powerful chain attacks, simplified spike system, simplified arts palette, simplified armor system, no attacking while moving, simplified augments/gems system, no tension, less positioning, no unique arts for characters (IE Shulk's Monado arts, Melia's elemental system, Sharla's overheating system, etc), and less unique arts overall. Where's the Blossom Dance? Where's the Vortex? Where's the Sliding Slinger? The Ghost Walker? The Say Sorry?

I'm sorry, but 2 has by far the most simple, easy battle system in Xenoblade to date. It's still good, but nowhere near as good as Xenoblade 1/X.

Christian Torres
Christian Torres

that heart to heart with Zeke and Morag talking about how they wanted to live in Fonsett. It really is the perfect little down to settle down in.
Rex salvaging off the coast with Pyra cheering him on, Mythra pretending not to care but secretely glad he’s having fun
Morag and Zeke hanging out talking about their old lives as royalty of different nations
Nia in the kitchen with Auntie Corrine learning how to cook a nice meal that Rex would like
Gramps floating lazily in the ocean enjoying the serenity of the home he’s sworn to protect

Yeah I’d pay for it.

Levi Parker
Levi Parker

X > 1 > 2

2 is to Xenoblade and X as Brawl was to 64/Melee. It really depends on what you're looking for out of the games.

Ayden Myers
Ayden Myers

I wanna know too. Getting rid of the monsterpedia was a mistake.

Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith

Jin ripped out and devoured Lora's heart
Later claims he has a human heart (hers) beating in his chest
Yet blades in general aren't holograms and have their own bodily functions and such, like how Pyra has to get bandaged up because Rex got hurt, even if they normally regenerate
I'm so confused on the whole flesh eater thing. And about Nia, she was a blade to begin with, right? So was she force-fed some part of her sister by her father after the former bit it? She seemed scared of her blade form and defaulted to her human form, so I assumed she was a gormotti blade eater and her blade form reflected her human form instead of the reverse, but now I don't know.

Jonathan Allen
Jonathan Allen

nigga you forgot the main characters
Poppi and Tora building homes for new settlers. getting more shit done than anyone else, AS USUAL.

Colton Jones
Colton Jones

Wouldnt it be those Indol Dragons/Beast with guns on them around the world tree?

Justin James
Justin James

1 was ass.

Jonathan Clark
Jonathan Clark

Big hulking monsters with gear strapped to them. There's a few in the hostile upper-lower region of Mor Ardain, and more at the World Tree.

Kevin Price
Kevin Price

*puts agi and acc gems in every slot then chain attacks you to death*

*grinds for 200 hours then flowcharts you to death while evading everything*

Connor Flores
Connor Flores

Who cares about that fat moogle looking thing and his disgusting robot abomination?

Just kidding I love Poppi I’d never bully her

Christian Lee
Christian Lee

You'll get another Xenoblade "sequel", which is only tangentially related to prior Xenoblade games, and you'll like it.

tfw Xenoblade 3's protagonist puts Shulk and Rex to shame by managing to fuck 3 (three) girls in the end and still cuck best girl

Cameron Myers
Cameron Myers

it also devolves pretty damn fast. towards the end of the game you are forced into the add orbs and break them all to win pattern that persists well into super bosses.

Josiah Jones
Josiah Jones

no unique arts for characters
literally every character has unique arts for every weapon type

Andrew Harris
Andrew Harris

the false equivalency is unreal

brawl shat up and fucked up the mechanics from melee, xeno 2 enhanced them

Elijah White
Elijah White

1 was great. Best story in the series, still. Most consistently good soundtrack. Best pacing, most emotional moments, and best characters. It might not have played as good as X, but it played better than 2 while having a better story than X.

Dylan Perez
Dylan Perez

towards the end of the game you are forced into the add orbs and break them all to win pattern that persists well into super bosses.
nigga i just spammed the nia/rex/pyra combo all the time and shit dies
orbs are useful for sealing reinforcements though, fuck that shit

Camden Reed
Camden Reed

Kept hearing from people that the ending almost ruins the game as a whole (Maybe not ruin it, but is just overall bad)
Finally beat it
Completely agree
Not only does it just feel unsatisfying, but it's absolutely ruined by the fact that Pyra and Mythra come back like not even a couple of minutes later. I can't believe I got upset when Rex had to let go of Pyra/Mythra. My feelings feel completely betrayed. I don't give a shit, this is such a forced happy ending it's unbelievable.

It's almost like this game has a ton of writing inconsistencies.

Robert Cox
Robert Cox

You don't even need new blades. The ones you get given are the best in the game

Xavier Smith
Xavier Smith

the Offended Gogol boss fight near the end of Wulfric's quest
I'm like 15 levels higher than these clowns, what gives

Colton Rivera
Colton Rivera

Poppi is smile protecting tier. she put more emotion in 1 scene in the last cutscene than Nia did in the entire adventure.

Ian Phillips
Ian Phillips

*Builds up 3 elemental orbs over the course of 2 minutes and then chain attacks you for 2 million damage*

Aaron Wood
Aaron Wood

but it played better than 2
1 might as well be unplayable after 2. I won't deny that the story/characters weren't top notch, but the gameplay was fucking terrible. Affinity and side quests were unbearably bad.

Ian James
Ian James

I wouldn’t worry too much about the biology of it all, but when Mythra goes to heal Jin she’s also surprised to find he has a human heart.

Hudson James
Hudson James

my flowchart is better than yours

Josiah Moore
Josiah Moore

I ended up using that first common wind knuckle blade Azurda gives you the entire game. The one you're not allowed to release. Why the fuck did I get attached to that one of all the commons I have?

Nathaniel Butler
Nathaniel Butler

Play the game the correct way.

Andrew Flores
Andrew Flores

No, that's exactly what 2 did. It fucked up and removed a ton of mechanics from Xenoblade 1/X. Where are the enemy aggro types? Where is the collectepedia? Where did the engaging combat go?

Xenoblade 2 is exactly analogous to Brawl.

Alexander Garcia
Alexander Garcia

Turtle it, go double tank full support.
They like to drop aggro and go for the anyone, so if everyone is tanky no one dies.

Chase Torres
Chase Torres

But dude, its like you didnt even play the game. Its said that aegises can survive a bit without their core crystals. Plus as long as the core crystal survives they do come back. Plus since Pyra is an Aegis, she doesnt lose her memories and stuff. It was foreshadowed forever ago man.

Jaxon Thomas
Jaxon Thomas

seal reinforcements
did this with the final boss. feels really good to cuck a nigga for once

Connor Hill
Connor Hill

Where are the enemy aggro types?
Learn them
Where did the engaging combat go?
It's right there, it got even better if anything

Dylan Bell
Dylan Bell

Vale
Goddfrey
Perceval
KOS-MOS

There are tons of good blades locked behind the gacha. I bet you don't like dealing 300% extra damage with Vale, or becoming Dunban 2.0 with Goddfrey.

Gavin Bennett
Gavin Bennett

From what I gathered from her vague flashbacks, Nia was a blade that her driver treated as his daughter/had her treat him as her father and was forced to consume her "sister"s heart in order to become a flesh eater and appear more like her "father"s actual daughter.

Eli Jones
Eli Jones

And the scene after Tantal when Rex was about to quit
Rex gets hit twice by cold bitches that don’t understand what just happened to him
Poppi delivers the most heart-felt shit I’ve ever seen

James Cox
James Cox

aion felt like the only boss that actually worked on. other times it feels like the unique monsters just ignore the seal and summon monsters anyway. fuck the damn frog that mass summons like 50 fish and then eats them to regain all its health.

Jacob Jones
Jacob Jones

Xenoblade X had like 15 different flowcharts, dude. And that's not even counting the skell flowcharts. Xenoblade 1 also had different flow charts for every character. Melia's flowchart alone was as complex as the Xenoblade 2 flowchart for every character. Especially when you get to the last step. Literally too complex for plebeians to understand.

Anthony Hill
Anthony Hill

There is a quote in one of the previews by either Treehouse or the like that was something about different monster aggro and thye essentially wanted you to 'learn them and how they might behave' rather than just tell you.
While different, it's fair since once you know that type of enemy has vision aggro, the rest that you encounter of the same type will do as well. Not hard to remember that.

Aiden Richardson
Aiden Richardson

thanks for the tip, seemed like they were being pretty random with their agro despite using a dedicated tank. Guess I'll go Tora, Morag, and Rex w/ Nia.
Kill yourself

Dominic Adams
Dominic Adams

last step
empty the talent gauge
whooooooooooa

Robert Lee
Robert Lee

Learn them
Fuck you, there are like 400 different enemies with different variations of aggro types. It's inexcusable for both prior games to have it and for 2 to lose it
It's right there
lol no. Xenoblade 2 has the least engaging combat in the series. I fucking love 45 second battles against health sponge enemies and needing to chain attack regular enemies that are only 5 levels above me to do any significant damage.

Cooper Torres
Cooper Torres

It's moment annihilating. Why even bother having an emotional goodbye scene to begin with if it's perfectly fine a few minutes later? Defending the ending makes you a massive faggot.

Juan Torres
Juan Torres

60 dollars don't give jackshit in any mobage.

There is people that blow like 300k and still don't get everything.

Alexander Collins
Alexander Collins

t. Gaming journalist.

Liam Watson
Liam Watson

Teared up at Malos' final goodbye, but started balling when Poppi refused Rex.

Julian Murphy
Julian Murphy

Then why the fuck didn't any of the characters remember that themselves if it was true?

The way I saw it, Pyra gave up her half of her lifeforce to fully restore Rex's, was no longer connected to the powerless core crystal.
Malos even said Pyra would flat out die if she did that earlier in the game at the end of Ch 6

And it still does not explain why Pyra and Mythra got separate bodies out of the deal.

Angel Fisher
Angel Fisher

You look like a real idiot right about now. You might want to leave the thread before you embarrass yourself further.

Jason Gutierrez
Jason Gutierrez

there's someone in this thread RIGHT NOW who likes XBC combat above 2
I get preferring overdrive and secondary cooldowns to 2's combo system but XBC is literally Chinese MMO tier

Thomas Davis
Thomas Davis

this game needed more levels of blushy crushy
youtube.com/watch?v=fk0gyrX1W3U

Justin Powell
Justin Powell

but started balling when Poppi refused Rex.
Don't worry because it's perfectly fine in a matter of minutes.

Elijah Lee
Elijah Lee

Fuck off, Xenoblade-2-apologist. Removing helpful features is inexcusable.

Asher Jones
Asher Jones

Takahashi loves happy endings. Are you new to this?

Jaxon Russell
Jaxon Russell

no it wouldnt the core crystal could be instantly rolled then dropped on death for a random party member its same rng

Ian Bailey
Ian Bailey

That little girl that wanted to be "just like Dahlia" when she grows up

Oliver Richardson
Oliver Richardson

Or why Malos died instead of returned to his core crystal like Pneuma did. They made a big noise about Fan dying instead of reverting earlier for mysterious reasons, then it never got brought up again aside from her missing core.

Elijah Morris
Elijah Morris

Nigga, if you think playing as Melia is anything close to complex, I think the one who should be leaving is you
The chart is missing the part where you use Spear Break followed by Starlight Kick whenever things somehow go south

Henry Rivera
Henry Rivera

Overdrive exists in X while team attacks don't for a fucking reason you nutter.

Xavier Walker
Xavier Walker

Xenoblade 1 combat is very much better. There's a reason why everyone loves Blossom Dance. Riki, Melia, and Fiora have more complexity alone than all of Xenoblade 2. And it's fun to play, to boot. Enemies don't last forever, you get actual equipment, and leveling up off of enemies is feasible.

Jeremiah Jenkins
Jeremiah Jenkins

KOS-MOS is the only really good one of that list and it's kind of redundant to use her becaise there's no reason to have another light user when you have broken ass Mythra.

Jason Price
Jason Price

CHEEKI BREEKI

Ethan Adams
Ethan Adams

I'm in the spirit crucible elpys and in order to continue I need fire mastery to a certain level and I don't have pyra anymore what the fuck do I do?

Nicholas Cruz
Nicholas Cruz

Malos core was broken, pyra/mythra wasn't.

Nathan Evans
Nathan Evans

There's a reason why everyone loves Blossom Dance
The quote.

Carter Howard
Carter Howard

b-but you're just an edgy dramafag user

Jaxson Hall
Jaxson Hall

He fixed it though.

Isaiah Howard
Isaiah Howard

Aegises are also special and dont play by the same rules as all other blades. They dont have to listen to their drivers and survive after their death. If they just stopped working then they couldnt process information from all other blades.

Brayden Long
Brayden Long

Why would you want the game to end like that? It’s supposed to make you cry, sat there depressed on your couch as you watch the credits go by, wondering what was the point of it all. Then at the last second as everybody else is breathing a sigh of relief, and Rex is wondering what he’ll do without the woman he loves, BOOM they’re back, and you’re just as happy as he is. It’s honestly perfectly executed and the whole “bittersweet end” is played out.

Grayson Perez
Grayson Perez

BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE

Lincoln Cox
Lincoln Cox

Overdrive is more complex than chain attacks. True, it's more broken than even Xenoblade 2's chain attacks, but you have to put in effort in organizing your art's palette, armor, and augments properly to pull off a juicy infinite overdrive. You'd really have to fuck something up to not shit out 200k+ damage with a chain attack in 2, and 1's chain attacks are still far more complex than the ones in 2, especially when it comes to matching arts colors.

Jace Brown
Jace Brown

wow those voices do not fit

Colton Ortiz
Colton Ortiz

Brighid + a stack of generic Fires?

Mason Thomas
Mason Thomas

See?
AGAINST THE ODDS

Grayson Reed
Grayson Reed

It really feels weird that it's your fault for killing Zanza in Xenoblade 1 that Rex is going through this. I have to blame myself but I can't blame him as well

Lincoln Nguyen
Lincoln Nguyen

just equip a bunch of fire commons to each of your drivers

Benjamin Morales
Benjamin Morales

curse the game for putting story elements behind a gacha system.

then play the gacha system until you get all the fire blades you need. you will also need ancient wisdom lv4 almost immediately. go unlock it from dromach and that katana blade that morag has

also heads up you will need lv4 thunder and lv 5 focus towards the end of the game. so make sure you have that if you don't wanna have to go around leveling up blades and their atributes

Justin Butler
Justin Butler

Read the flowchart you moron.

AGAINST THE ODDS

Lincoln Howard
Lincoln Howard

That HtH was shit in every language

Kayden Sanders
Kayden Sanders

shit man. you should've played Nia in english. perfect voice TERRIBLE DELIVERY

Charles Lee
Charles Lee

The world was saved and Rex appeared to mature? That was the point of it all.

And I was not as happy as he was, I was confused. If you want a happy ending, either don't throw in drama where a character appears to die just to go "I'm okay" without explanation, or actually make the cast work to save them instead of being handed the miracle on a silver platter

Jose Gonzalez
Jose Gonzalez

You know other blades have that skill too, right?

Luis Peterson
Luis Peterson

Pyra vs Mythra is so obvious and boring
Brighid vs Morag is the real debate

Thomas Price
Thomas Price

You're trying too hard to create a case for something trivial. Features are nice but;
400 different enemies with different variations of aggro types
See that Tirkin, it has a vision aggro of approx. 45 degrees cone ahead, that does not change throughout the game, for any non-quest related Tirkin.
If that is too hard to remember and you need something on the name plate to tell you that, then you have the memory of a goldfish.

Evan Thompson
Evan Thompson

KOS-MOS is for another party member. You don't need healers when you give everyone 25% heals off of crits.

Michael Roberts
Michael Roberts

Enemies don't last forever
confirmed for retard who doesn't understand the two combo systems
I agree, but that doesn't change the fact that X doesn't have chain attacks while 2 does for a reason, and 2 has a lot better of a system then just "lol affinity random continues" for it's chain attacks.
I vastly prefer ground combat Overdrive though

Ethan Lee
Ethan Lee

Why did they come back in multiple bodies
Why did the game go through the "tragedy" part of Pyra threatening to kill herself with Siren's targeting laser and Malos later saying she'd transfer her entire core over, but die, especially if that wasn't the case in the end?

Thomas Jones
Thomas Jones

it's the opposite dumbfuck

brawl added superficial content while fucking up the core game, xeno 2 does the opposite

Dylan Robinson
Dylan Robinson

I do but I deleted all my common blades recently, I guess that was a bad idea

Joshua Young
Joshua Young

And also because it's fun as fuck to use. Dunban in general is hilariously fun to use. Way more interesting than Morag because of all the different gimmick sets he can run. Naked Blossom Dance sets are gimmicky as all fuck but amazing.

Easton Allen
Easton Allen

Would've rather they threw Nia's dub voice to Morag. Might've been more fitting that way

Owen Smith
Owen Smith

climbing the world tree
reach a point with 2 big ass robots (ones that shoot out the motorcycle guys) blocking the elevator
trying to run past them, a unique giant robot falls down and forces you to fight him
strategically take out the other two first
take on the unique robot
going pretty well, set up an 8 element combo that's sure to take him out
morag goes down the second before i start the combo
the combo fails
no bars left to revive morag
robot focuses on me and kills me
respawn, all the enemies are back
just fuck my life, i'm actually pissed off right now

Ian King
Ian King

running Naked Dunban
ever
It's so fucking memey it doesn't even work
You're better off slapping agility gems on him

Ethan Reyes
Ethan Reyes

You know, just how fucking strong must that targeting laser have been to actually be able to do damage to something on the ground from outer space?

Connor Martinez
Connor Martinez

Maybe you just aren’t very emotionally available user. You and BotW Zelda should get along well.

Lucas Evans
Lucas Evans

elysium/morytha dlc
klaus/galea arguing about what the zohar is
another scientist enters the room pissed off at their yelling
he's older with a familiar voice
camera pans up to his face
it's dickson

Cameron Butler
Cameron Butler

Girls bridal carrying their men is the ultimate fantasy.

Julian Jenkins
Julian Jenkins

But what about the enemies aggroed by sound? Like Arachnos? You know different enemies in a type have different aggro methods, right? Or at least, they would, if they were in Xenoblade/X. Saltats, for example, have a couple of cases of being aggroed by sound, a couple of cases of aggroing if you fight a nearby enemy, and a couple of cases of attack-on-sight.

Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper

Tora looks like he'd fall over

Eli Collins
Eli Collins

I should really go and play the first two games. Also this one.

Zachary Jenkins
Zachary Jenkins

Dickson was originally a giant, not from their world.

Xavier Kelly
Xavier Kelly

Ask all the games with Orbital Strikes

Evan Morales
Evan Morales

I gathered that Aegises without their cores are rather fragile, as they're essentially dying by that point.

Isaac Morgan
Isaac Morgan

I generally see people say this is the best build

Rex
Mythra
Agate/Zenobia
Nia

Morag
Brigid
Aegemon
Theory

Zeke
Pandoria
Sheba
Vale

Only 2 gacha blades.

Jack Fisher
Jack Fisher

The End. Now to go do some super bosses. About to fuck Gonzalez again.

Jaxon Parker
Jaxon Parker

Hello brother. After my first attempt I just baited and cleared the left side bots, then the right, then leaving the SURPRISE unique bot to the end.

Cooper Sanders
Cooper Sanders

originally a giant
we don't know that, he could just shift forms to a giant since they seem to be the most powerful

Logan Carter
Logan Carter

was there actually an enemy that could even survive setting up 8 orbs before it was dead in the world tree.

Asher Stewart
Asher Stewart

mfw they have a conversation about the zohar early on that's eairly similar to the conversation him and Shulk have about the Monado at the beginning of the original Xenoblade

Carson Moore
Carson Moore

Enemies still last a considerably long time. By 60 hours in in X, I was killing enemies 10 levels above me in just 20 seconds. Enemies 4 levels below me, 70 hours into 2, take a good 45 seconds to kill. I've had fights in the World Tree last for 3+ minutes. In X, I could clear out 90% of the Ganglion base in that time.

Wyatt Powell
Wyatt Powell

Did you not see the part where basically god gave her basically god powers? That’s the difference from the Malos thing. As far as two separate bodies, who knows, it’s more convenient for waifu posting.

Camden Turner
Camden Turner

Who else here doesn't buy anything? Almost 20 hours in and I've been ignoring all the shops, aux cores and pouch item stuff. Really feel they went overboard with this shit.

Caleb Gutierrez
Caleb Gutierrez

I know. She's for Zeke but the point remains. You don't need a second light user. Mythra is able to fire off specials so quickly she doesn't need help putting up a light orb.

Aaron Phillips
Aaron Phillips

I hope the real art book has detailed sketches of Pneuma.

Aaron Rodriguez
Aaron Rodriguez

mfw I use a legendary crystal and get some shitty common blade
All of the rare blades should've been quest and story rewards like Vess, Praxis, Theory, Herald and Kasandra.

Robert Sanchez
Robert Sanchez

Hell you don't even have to exploit crit specials to set up a light orb on her. Animation canceling on aegis swords can easily get one too.

Parker Sanders
Parker Sanders

No, that's exactly what Xenoblade 2 did. It added a bunch of superficial content while cutting out important content from X. Like... running, (good) jumping, enemy aggro types, class variety, moving while attacking, on the fly weapon switching, secondary/tertiary cooldowns, a functional equipment system, field skills that didn't suck ass, non-gacha weapon system, etc.

All of the good, core content has been removed or tainted. But the superficial content (the story, music, aesthetics) were all better.

Brandon Thompson
Brandon Thompson

If it was the admin privileges that let her do it, then was Pyra/Mythra totally unaware that it would let her survive, or was she being a dick and not telling everyone that she had a good survival chance?

Chase Morales
Chase Morales

Have the middle robot chase you up the ramp and just jump off while running to the elevator. Worked for me.

Jace Reyes
Jace Reyes

this wasn't specifically implied. he gave her admin permissions to the facility, nothing more. and the final ring he creates is most likely terraforming protocols for the cloud sea.

Joseph Lee
Joseph Lee

superficial content
story
Xtards are hilarious

Evan Cruz
Evan Cruz

You're retarded.

Lincoln Fisher
Lincoln Fisher

We finished the game with almost the exact same time and almost the exact same team, except switch Morag for Zeke, and I think I finished at 73:30:00 or something.

Dominic Nguyen
Dominic Nguyen

Even better
Camera pans out
Ganglion and Zaruboggan servants bringing Klaus some supplies

Owen Hill
Owen Hill

Also did this
Got KOS-MOS on my next core crystal

Owen Evans
Owen Evans

how many aggro types were there in previous games? I thought it was just vision, sound and none, which enemies in xc2 still followed

Henry Hughes
Henry Hughes

You learn, you adapt and know for the future.
There's no progress lost if you die so if you happen to die to something you weren't expecting, you should try and remember what happened know for next time.
Like going the parasites in this game, the bipedal are vision but the eggs are proximity/sound, you might not know this first time around, but curiosity and experimentation will eventually demonstrate that (such as if you fight the bipedal, then try to position around them but walk next to an egg). After this, you now know for the rest of the game whenever you encounter them.
Not everything has to be handed on a silver platter.

Brandon Myers
Brandon Myers

Where the fuck do you get more Premium Cylinders? I thought the world tree would have a shop, but it doesn't.

Aiden Watson
Aiden Watson

I did spend around an hour and a half on tiger tiger. Poppi kinda became indestructible unless it was some random AOE with other enemies.

That one unique enemy with all the other enemies with it in the world tree data room that summoned like 20 tops, motorcycles, and orbs killed me for the first time since getting QTpi.

Christian Barnes
Christian Barnes

Why is Roc the only blade in the entire fucking game that Rex can use to smash? Not a single side quest or gacha blade uses his weapon type and only that weapon can smash for Rex. I don't know if this was intentional oran oversight on the developers part.

David Martinez
David Martinez

Is this THE Kos-Mos? If so how could such a powerful and possibly plot significant character be relegated to a lucky drop?

Jack Smith
Jack Smith

Why would you want the game to end like that?
Because it would make a whole lot more sense and would fit way more? This is seriously the most forced "happy ending" I've ever seen in a game. It would tell that the world doesn't need the Aegis's because humanity can walk on their own, but then they come back just to appeal to waifufags.

don't throw in drama where a character appears to die just to go "I'm okay"
This is honestly the reason I don't like it. It feels very phoned in.

Grayson Turner
Grayson Turner

Xenoblade also had ether aggros (mostly on the leg and Satorl), on top of sound, vision, and reinforcement types.

Luis Martin
Luis Martin

uh zohar lol

Camden Diaz
Camden Diaz

*teleports behind u*
*launches u*
*manipulates your elementary particles*
*moves at the speed of light*

Heh... nuffin personnel... kid...

Camden Moore
Camden Moore

Argentum.

Jackson King
Jackson King

I think she may have had a guess but was prepared for the worst. That’s why she gave Rex the core crystal, if it didn’t work then at least he doesn’t die, and if it does work she knows her crystal will be with him
I mean you’re right, but clearly she was built with some pretty special powers anyway as the master blade and there’s no doubt he did something to her. She turned Azurda back into a big Titan didn’t she?

Luke Ross
Luke Ross

running
your move speed increases throughout the game
(good) jumping
okay, sure
enemy aggro types
But they're right there, you just need to learn them now
class variety
incredibly superfluous when you can just go with anything once you're done with the class
moving while attacking
while adding actual purpose to AAs
on the fly weapon switching
Between 3 instead of two this time
secondary/tertiary cooldowns
I'll give you that
field skills that didn't suck ass
YOU CAN'T SET UP A PROBE HERE/OPEN UP THIS CHEST YET NERD, COME BACK WHEN YOUR BLADE LEVEL IS HIGHER
If anything this didn't change at all, there's just more of them
non-gacha weapon system
I'll give you that one too but it's a different approach nonetheless

Aaron Barnes
Aaron Barnes

Quixotic means exceptionally idealistic, and Tutelar means protector, so she's the perftect shield

Gabriel Gonzalez
Gabriel Gonzalez

forgetting freezing shit to absolute zero

Seriously, who the fuck wrote this guy's power set?

Tyler Evans
Tyler Evans

Takahashi loves happy endings. The final thing we see is such a Takahashi ending that it makes me feel complete.

Xeno games never have sad endings, unless you count X's sequel baiting as sad.

Brandon Sanchez
Brandon Sanchez

What, where? I've got Argentum's dev level at max and the salvaging grade Nopon won't give me the A rank for gold chest salvaging.

Isaiah Taylor
Isaiah Taylor

That's fucking retarded, and so are you for defending it. There is no reason not to show what their aggro type is. And I never tried to figure it out because I'd always kill them, or if I couldn't handle the whole crew, I'd give them a wide berth. I'm not sticking around in an area and testing every single fucking enemy to try and find out what it's aggro type is. That's dumb bullshit for dumb faggots.

It's just really bad game design on Monolith's part. Just because there is a work-around doesn't mean that it's good.

Angel Davis
Angel Davis

I would legit prefer if she was dlc than being super fucking rare in-game. Unless you're really damn lucky you won't be able to get her till you can grind for legendaries at the very end of the postgame. When you no longer need her.

Matthew Sanchez
Matthew Sanchez

the whole time I referred to this faggot as "Kingdom Hearts Aznable"
then on the credits I find out that Nomura designed him.

never fucking change Nomura. you talentless fuck.

Caleb Gonzalez
Caleb Gonzalez

We're getting XCX2 and XC3 eventually since this is selling pretty well. Everyone is gonna be happy eventually.

I just want XCX2 to have a bigger font size is all.

Matthew Price
Matthew Price

Objectively a shittier story than Anohana

Asher Sullivan
Asher Sullivan

all these clashing accents

just stop it NoA

Camden Clark
Camden Clark

I can buy premiums from the cylinder vendor.

Anthony Taylor
Anthony Taylor

Oh, I don't remember the ether one at all, though I think reinforcement types were altered so that it could be a 'seal **' thing since it seems a fair amount of enemies call for reinforcements and then enemies from nearby that either normally wouldn't aggro or are far enough away to not see you would come on over. Those little chicken dudes in Uraya liked to do that with their goat friends that would normally be chill.

Ethan Jackson
Ethan Jackson

*takes ur entire party out in the blink of an eye*

Jonathan Myers
Jonathan Myers

It was pretty obvious when he joined your party.

Aaron Reed
Aaron Reed

Again, the issue is not that it was a happy ending. Happy endings are fine.
The issue is that the game's plot creates an unneeded situation where Pyra/Mythra have to sacrifice themself, and then the game basically goes and ignores that happened.

Luke Murphy
Luke Murphy

Fucking seriously? That's hilarious.

Dominic Taylor
Dominic Taylor

Fucking how, what the fuck is the game doing

Do I just gotta salvage with the four i was given and fish up silver chests to get the damn nopon to give me the A rank or is there a sidequest or something? Why does the item say it was found at the world tree when I haven't found a single one there?

Andrew Rogers
Andrew Rogers

you can buy anywhere with a cylinder vendor. thing is its all RNG. long rest at the inn and then check the vendor. its gay but its the only way

Justin Cooper
Justin Cooper

kinda. blades become titans, Aegis' contain the entire data of every single blade in the world. so it's not a leap of logic that she could restore Azurda like she restore any other blade(Jin? i forgot specifically)

personally for such an asspull I would prefer for the game to explicitly say why/how it happens. at this point the only thing we can go on is headcannon

Nicholas Barnes
Nicholas Barnes

I don't remember the ether one at all
IIRC it was those nebula things

Christopher Nelson
Christopher Nelson

That's weird, it's not there anymore.

Anthony Bennett
Anthony Bennett

So I keep getting my shit pushed in when trying to kill the power lines. How do I stop this? I'm level 42-49 depending on who is in my party.

Christian Hall
Christian Hall

When you have under 5 rare blades to go, legendary cores aren't that great. You can go through 20 and not get a single rare.

Jeremiah Sanders
Jeremiah Sanders

Can you imagine him at maximum power? No surprise he didn’t like to fight, there’s no way anybody could have beaten him.

Jordan Roberts
Jordan Roberts

Everybody cites this as her major moment but dramatic, emotional scenes in weeb shit are always so overacted they end up ruining characters more than anything. This isn't an exception either. Every time a character I thought was fine is forced to deliver an emotional outburst my eyes roll into my sockets. I don't know why this stuff is considered a positive.

Benjamin Carter
Benjamin Carter

is there a reason why he was so retardedly powerful compared to non-aegises? Or do we have to wait for the Torna DLC?

Asher Rogers
Asher Rogers

tank aggro the robot then solo power lines yourself

James Ortiz
James Ortiz

Platinum rarely show up. It's another rng mechanic.

Charles Jones
Charles Jones

He might be the protagonist of the DLC
I'm okay with this

Levi Nguyen
Levi Nguyen

The point wasn't the sacrifice. Pneuma wanted to die the entire game, that's nothing new. This was the climax of Rex's character arc. He shows how much he loves them, and the maturity to let go.
Them coming back doesn't invalidate that.

Isaiah Hall
Isaiah Hall

Flesh eaters get additional powers. It's why Nia has crazy healing abilities too.

Levi Lee
Levi Lee

oh I remember these things now, I didn't really like them that much so I just forgot about them.

Jack Brooks
Jack Brooks

Giving him light-speed was so dumb.
If Jin was anywhere near serious, the party's attempt at rescuing Pyra in Ch 7 would end in them getting butchered in less than a nano-second by him.

Elijah Clark
Elijah Clark

Your move speed only increases if you buy certain deeds, and you still don't move that quickly. Remember that the deeds are locked behind merc missions which are set on a real life timer of ~30 minutes - 80 minutes

But they're right there, you just need to learn them now
Shitty defense for an inferior system. That's like defending a Pokemon game for removing feedback for super effective/NVE moves.

Once you're done with the class
Each weapon is its own class because of being able to mix and match with Drifter. That's why every weapon has like 15 unique arts to it.

While adding actual purpose to AAs
Meanwhile slowing the battles down drastically. Who even liked moving while auto attacking? So lame and boring, right?

Between 3 instead of 2
No, you don't switch on the fly. You have to wait to be able to switch, and there's a cooldown when you switch them out. In X, You also had 3 weapons. Melee, ranged, and skell, with more total arts.

Xenoblade X field skills
You could get a field skill to 4 within the first 20 hours of gameplay, even with a shittier blade branch. If you left your game on overnight as a prospector, you could come back and powerlevel to rank 8/9, thus being able to open 90% of the chests and place 95% of the probes. Your progression also wasn't gated behind field skills, and leveling up your field skills was related to actual gameplay, and not luck. You didn't just roll level 4 mechanical, or level 3 archeological.

Different approach to a weapon system
An entirely inferior one. No one likes having to randomly roll for hours to get their desired blade. No one.

Joseph Parker
Joseph Parker

Takahashi says he was making a boy meets girl story
He actually makes a coming of age story

This is the shit I love.

Tyler Miller
Tyler Miller

user Ontos is Alvis

Jason Butler
Jason Butler

does 50 second long parry
get knocked up for 10 minutes if you touch him

shit was annoying

Cooper Sanders
Cooper Sanders

Them coming back doesn't invalidate that.
It invalidates it completely, what the fuck are you talking about. All it does is manipulate the player's emotions. The EXACT SAME THING happens in Persona 5, too. I really can't believe two fucking games came out this year that pulled this shit. Oh no, don't kill off the marketable characters! Anything but that!

Kevin Wilson
Kevin Wilson

thats why I prefer this scene
youtu.be/LSnSj7v_6PE?t=4052 go to 1 hour 7 minutes.

Christian Foster
Christian Foster

Didn't he say it was sort of going to be both? and that 2 doesn't have really have connections to 1? :^)

Nolan Ross
Nolan Ross

What are you talking about, this is one of the best scenes and deliveries in the whole game. There’s definitely a lot of lines that fall flat in this game but that Poppi part just isn’t one of them.

Isaiah Butler
Isaiah Butler

I did not see the maturity to let go.
I saw a guy upset that he was forced to leave the girl he love to die in a dire situation, and before he can process everything he has her back already

And the sacrifice does matter because you can't just fucking revive characters without explanation and keep the plot serious

Hunter Perry
Hunter Perry

I thought nia had crazy abilities cause her "dad" paid out the ass for quality blades

Charles Thompson
Charles Thompson

Yeah, the ether aggros were the nebulas. They only spawn in 3 - 4 areas of the game, so they weren't major, but there was a decent variety in enemy aggro types. It should've been expanded on instead of being nerfed in each subsequent game.

Jayden Young
Jayden Young

Hearing Shulk shout his finishing line hyped me up so bad. And then I got sad as it caused all that bad shit to happen at the end. But then it became okay again. What a fucking ride of emotions.

Isaac Moore
Isaac Moore

Switchless peasant here. Have a 3DS, should i get the first game? Is it worth the time in case i get a switch for xmas?

Juan Phillips
Juan Phillips

If that was the case she could've resurrected her sister and father and would've have had this massive guilt over watching people she could've saved die because she was scared of her true form and her past until Rex frees her.

Joshua Hall
Joshua Hall

I feel like you could just save before opening them and if you didnt get them just retry

Ethan Howard
Ethan Howard

That's like defending a Pokemon game for removing feedback for super effective/NVE moves.
But that happens after you attack in the first place, which you then learn about it for next time. You wouldn't know what was and wasn't effective otherwise (without external references or talking to NPCs).

Luis Hughes
Luis Hughes

Xenoblade Chronicles still the best

Riki > Tora > Tatsu

youtube.com/watch?v=otg0CoES8Co

Ethan Reyes
Ethan Reyes

Have a 3DS
Wasn't it for new 3ds only?

Austin Ward
Austin Ward

her sister had a worsening terminal disease, healing can only do so much

Ryder Anderson
Ryder Anderson

I'd say play the first on dolphin if you have the means. If not, then play the first game to gain a greater appreciation for the series as a whole. It's hard to go back to 1 after 2 fixed a good chunk of the problems 1 had.

Owen Cox
Owen Cox

You're better off emulating the first game if you want to give it a shot

Easton Evans
Easton Evans

Shit, I forgot that bit. I would like to see a crossover between the two games though. Would be pretty neat to see Alvis telling Rex to treat his sister or would it be sisters? Correctly. Then go on a rant about nieces and nephews and how he will spoil them all.

Jack Sanchez
Jack Sanchez

Poppi's English VA
Man, some characters just completely lose the actual meaning behind their character in the dub. She doesn't have her cute, young personality at all.

Making it so it auto-saves after every crystal
What a retarded system.

Julian Roberts
Julian Roberts

yeah the new one i have one of those.

Cameron Cruz
Cameron Cruz

Even if you never get a Switch the first one is worth playing.
Pretty sure it only works on New 3ds though, so maybe you'll need to emulate the wii version?

Lincoln Thomas
Lincoln Thomas

Then sure, go ahead then. The games run parallel and you can play either in either order and you'll get why they're connected at the end.

Isaac Morris
Isaac Morris

I mean would you prefer to have it taken a week and then she comes back?

Jaxon Parker
Jaxon Parker

still loses to your party
asks you to kill him after he loses
you pussy out so you can talk to him
fucking dumb moment.
war breaks lose
your team just stand there watching
they all agree they should hurry and stop the villain ahead
they continue to just stand there and watch the war happening and talking
huge beam shoots towards them
they continue to just stand there and watch
also another dumb moment

Camden Ward
Camden Ward

Probably intentional like how they don't let you chain attack, none of your permanent members can smash until Chapter 4.

Jordan Young
Jordan Young

I forget, does the Monado exist after Shulk resets the universe?

Jayden Jones
Jayden Jones

Would "connected but not a direct sequel" be a better way to describe XB2 going forward?

Jason Lewis
Jason Lewis

"A man has to know when to let go."
"Are you going to act like a baby forever?"
Everything is literally fine minutes later
Not days
Not weeks
Not even years
But MINUTES later

Connor Perez
Connor Perez

the Monado is Alvis. Alvis is the true god. so yes.

William Myers
William Myers

Each weapon is its own class because of being able to mix and match with Drifter. That's why every weapon has like 15 unique arts to it.
You don't even need to be Drifter to do so, you only do it because it's the only class with 5 skill slots.
As soon as you master a branch you can add those weapon types to whatever else you want, which is why Memedance builds are a thing.
Meanwhile slowing the battles down drastically
There's nothing I can say to you other than acquire proficiency
Just like in every other game so far, the deeper you go into, the faster fights become, especially endgame where you're shitting out specials like no one's business
Your progression also wasn't gated behind field skills
You mean the part where setting up probes not only count towards field completion, which are necessary for advancing the plot, but also sets up a potential place to get valuable resources from, which no only is the best way to buy new gear and giant robots in the game, but also nets you material to complete quests?
No one likes having to randomly roll for hours to get their desired blade
You'd be surprised.
I might not be one of them, but again, you'd be surprised.

Juan Green
Juan Green

Parallel events game that are directly affected by the events of the first.

Blake Murphy
Blake Murphy

The time is not the point with regards to the plot, it fucks up the theme you are going for though.

Either
A. Remove the space elevator exploding and Pyra needing to stay
B. Have the party find a way to save Pyra and earn it, rather than an unexplained revival occurring

Otherwise, make the ending more bitter-sweet in some way

Zachary Perry
Zachary Perry

It quite literally takes place during XC1, and by the time XC1 is ending, you're fighting Malos piloting Aion. So yes.

Kevin Mitchell
Kevin Mitchell

Good thing it's explained why he only does it sometimes. He's pretty much at the end of his life and falling apart. Using his powers, either for freeze or light speed drains him a lot and usually his swordsman ship is more then enough.

I also like to think that he's holding himself back from killing Rex and the others because he knows that they are different. He berated Rex for his failure, as if to tell him that he wanted him to improve. If he didn't care, if he really wanted them dead. He would have. Rex pretty much calls him on this later.

Brody Reed
Brody Reed

It's retarded but they probably wanted a way to demonstrate that an Aegis's true reality warping powers granted from the conduit are even more stupidly strong.

Aaron Mitchell
Aaron Mitchell

That's not how Takahashi rolls friend. Fuck man. It could be actual God doing Rex a service. Would not put it passed Takahashi as Rex already earned his ending.

Colton Richardson
Colton Richardson

There is another way that you can go to bypass the web if I recall.

Evan Perez
Evan Perez

He basically does it constantly when he waltz through the Mor Ardain forces though

Jack Myers
Jack Myers

Nah, Tora is way better than Riki.

Jonathan Allen
Jonathan Allen

At little bits of a time though and Malos specifically tells him not to over do it.

Adam Martinez
Adam Martinez

You know, just because that is the way the author you like does things does not make it good story telling.

Ayden Nguyen
Ayden Nguyen

hi I'm riki I have a 2 minute cutscene at fallen arm but am otherwise useless/irrelevant for the entire game after makna woods

Asher Cox
Asher Cox

wants him to improve
If he didn't care, if he really wanted them dead
uhh.. he killed him at the start of the game. so that right there makes his character shit.

David Cook
David Cook

Just go watch Logan again if you want that ending. I’m telling you the bittersweet stuff isn’t how this dev likes to make his games.

Camden White
Camden White

XC3 will be about Rex and co. looking for the third aegis. They travel various universes, encountering some crazy shit.

Jose Davis
Jose Davis

I would've liked if it was explained better too. Though I guess realistically it would've just been something like she used the last of her wishy-washy reality breaking sword powers to come back to life or klaus' was being a nice guy before he kicked it.

man I was just glad the games ending didn't take the opportunity to shit on Rex yet again with another person important to him dying.

Matthew Garcia
Matthew Garcia

It isn't, but at this point, we've gotta roll with it. I personally don't mind corny happy endings. I just hope we get epilogue DLC or something.

Robert Kelly
Robert Kelly

Exactly. He’s suffered plenty already, just let the kid have his wives and everybody can live on happily.

Leo Brooks
Leo Brooks

I like how the themes of chapter 3 resonated throughout the entire story at least. Everyone has their own battles that they have to fight for their own reasons. Every character had a reason, which is good in my book in terms of writing.

Carter Garcia
Carter Garcia

*sigh*, again THEN WHY MAKE PYRA STAY IN THE EXPLODING SPACE ELEVATOR IN THE FIRST PLACE IF THE ENDING IS ALWAYS GOING TO TURN OUT HAPPY

Seriously, if another Xenoblade game ever comes out I will know from now on that ANYTHING bad about to happen to the protag is just an attempt at emotional manipulation and won't actually matter. I guess that is the lesson here.

Blake Nguyen
Blake Nguyen

I usually hate callbacks like that, why dd this one work so perfectly?

Robert Garcia
Robert Garcia

The DLC specifically mentions the 'world of Elysium' People thought that was a typo, but remember that is what Rex and everyone called the new land mass. So their world isn't Alrest anymore after the end.

So the DLC might be an epilogue that still involves Torna some how. I swear if Mik survived or there were 'secret' Torna members.

Jaxon Robinson
Jaxon Robinson

Because it made for an important character building moment for Rex. Normal people don't throw autistic tantrums over this.

Benjamin Lopez
Benjamin Lopez

Consequences. The actions of the first game caused something meaningful to happen in this one. That's the kind of shit a first game should do.

Connor Allen
Connor Allen

I don't think I would've been able to take a bad ending here. That would've reflected so poorly on Shulk

Adam Watson
Adam Watson

XC3 will be a morytha prequel, unless it's extensively covered in the DLC like Witcher 3's blood and wine

Mason Morales
Mason Morales

hey Rex, stop being a baby for a moment
Excellent character building

Oliver Gutierrez
Oliver Gutierrez

Because it made for an important character building moment for Rex.
It literally didn't because it gets immediately invalidated. The only explanation they could factually give for why it happens is for gameplay purposes because of the DLC or whatever.

Levi White
Levi White

there are two separate story DLCs, one in january and one in autumn

Jose Ramirez
Jose Ramirez

I don't get people's adversion to bad endings. personally if the game had ended with that scene where they show how pyra had made the sparks near the campfire for rex and the debris of the station making the same effect(they really had to spell it out for you too but that's another argument) I would've thought that was the best ending possible.

sometimes a sad ending is amazing, something like the movie "The Mist" or even a melancholy one like "Saving Private Ryan" "Schindler's List" or even "Forrest Gump" carry an impact that makes a story go from good to amazing.

Gabriel Price
Gabriel Price

Exactly, the embers and sparks callback and how Rex thought it was beautiful because Pyra made it, that would have made a fine ending to it.

Samuel Anderson
Samuel Anderson

see

Lucas Allen
Lucas Allen

But we already know about what happened. Kind of a waste of time. Continue the story have it about Pyra and Mythra slowing losing their minds as Rex begins to die of old age before the start of the game. Then when he finally does pass on, they go insane and travel the world looking for a way to bring him back or something. Then its up to the MC to stop them because their quest is ripping the world apart. As for the ending, have the MC fail and the world is destroyed but Pyra and Mythra get their shota back so it all works out.

Cooper Phillips
Cooper Phillips

I don't mind sad or happy endings, I just want consistent ones. Deus ex machina ones that make death cheap don't fit this category, whether it's mysteriously resurrecting someone that should be dead, or surprise killing someone that survived to the end. Wishing consequences away, whether they're happy or sad, usually isn't good writing.

Chase Thomas
Chase Thomas

but it would've also retroactively made Xenoblade 1 have more substance. then the actions of a group of people with no knowledge of their impact on another world would be more meaningful. this is like Phil1301 shit right here.

Luis Nelson
Luis Nelson

Not that guy, I get what you mean, but I do think it could have been done better
Let's take Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon as an example since the ending schlock is pretty similar
If you're familiar with the series, at the end of the game, the protag needs to go back to his world but then comes back because reasons/ his partner wanted it really bad, but in this game specifically, it's actually your partner who needs to go.
So after having one last talk in the hill where they met, your partner gives you his/her final goodbye and flies off, and we cut to MC bawling his eyes out for the entire duration of the credits.
Then after that's done, he mopes for a while but decides that he wants his nigga back, so he goes on a quest to get his nigga back somehow
He explores dungeons, finds clues, meets deities, and finally punches Xerneas in the face because he wants his nigga back.
So after all this shit, he gets his nigga back.
Then after this, the postgame actually begins.
So it'd be cool if the party went through trials and tribulations to get Pyra back after everything, but since the world changed fundamentally unlike in PSMD, I can see why they didn't go with it.
I mean, imagine having to watch a 1h cutscene of them doing shit to get Pyra back, that would honestly be pretty boring.

Noah Russell
Noah Russell

You have to admit, It'd be pretty funny though

Jayden Foster
Jayden Foster

Thought that Rex actually confessed to her in return because I guess I'm just a naive dipshit
I feel robbed. Pyra and Mythra are immortal so once Rex dies that's it and they'll continue on living. At least Nia would actually grow older with him.

David Bennett
David Bennett

Man I first thought I was supposed to throw this battle, it felt bad to hear her say this and then immediately have to thrash her, especially after her scenes in chapter 7. Then Rex wins and runs away screaming.

Xavier Sullivan
Xavier Sullivan

I don't like the idea that Shulk ruined eveything for Rex, especially since it makes me feel responsible as the player for XB1

I'd definitely be shitposting about it

Dominic Cox
Dominic Cox

except no she wouldn't, did you pay attention?

Landon Sanders
Landon Sanders

Flesh Eaters grow old. Look at Cole.

Robert Cooper
Robert Cooper

Good or endings don't matter to me. But wish fulfillment is just bad.
They're afraid to kill off what sells the game to the shallow masses. Plain and simple.

Landon Flores
Landon Flores

He was fighting his own war. He just wanted a world where nothing was predetermined.

Jacob Richardson
Jacob Richardson

Cole was an early prototype, flesh eating is refined

Asher Nelson
Asher Nelson

And he got that along with his waifu. The idea of Rex getting dumped on as a result would've really bothered me and not in a good way.

Lucas Lee
Lucas Lee

even then she would live FAR longer than rex

Henry Thomas
Henry Thomas

And Nia's dad knew the long-passed down specific procedure for producing perfect flesh eater blades?

Xavier Bell
Xavier Bell

I hate to sound like a kotaku "games are art fag" here but try not to see past my soy boy status for a sec.

art is a medium where the artist conveys an emotion/idea to another person using a sensory medium(my interpretation don't google it)
in this sense the fact that a sad ending would've made you have a feeling of regret/responsibility for the characters in a story, isn't that the highest possible praise you can give to a piece of art?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit