$60 gacha game

>$60 gacha game
how is this allowed?

is there a chance that the gacha shit to be patched out later on? cuz i already have the game but i seriously hate gacha

The gatcha jngame doesn't coat extra money.

Guess this is the new bread?

>hey boy i need 5 things go get them
>spend like 5 cylinders doing the qte correctly every time
>only get 2
>hey boy do you want more companions? ROLL THE DICE AS WELL
This game is designed to frustrate

the gacha on mobile is free.
do you have any idea how much you'd need to buy in a mobile game to hit $60?
And you don't need to payh $300 for the privillege to access a mobile game.

I would rather pay $5 for KOS-MOS instead of spending hours farming legendary and rare cores, opening hundreds of them and not succeeding.

Because it has Nia's crotch in it

XB2 threads are the best I've seen on Sup Forums in sometime. Perfect mix of vidya and waifu posting with most people generally liking the game

Is it true the tutorial is like 16 hours? I want a new switch game. I can get past the stupid bimbo waifu designs but the main character looks so fucking retarded.

I played Xenoblade for Wii U and I remember it took like 16 hours before I got my mecha. I quickly burned out after that.

Once all the shitposting and hate finally died down anyway yeah

>The developers put up a level 80 enemy right next to one of the starting towns. Which frequently strolls around the area you need to go to for quests.

Is feee if you want to take the long painfull way.

Should I get this? I liked XCX, but I don't like all the waifu shit I keep seeing for this game.

Despite the game's flaws, it actually evokes genuine emotion out of me which is more than I could say for Mario's overrated Odyssy

>don't use boosters at all
>don't raise ideas at all
>WTF WHERE'S MY KOSMOS REEEEEEEE
I have 10 rare Blades that aren't given and I'm at Tantal. Stop playing the game wrong.

Question: Can you marry Hikari in this.

Another Question: If not, why?

how much you bet nintendo is going to make a gacha fire emblem clone out of xenoblade for mobile

Yes, if you can't stand going through that then this probably isn't going to be your cup of tea.

OP here, should I get this game?
I've been spoiling myself recently buying basically a Switch game each week after buying the system on Black Friday, is XB2 good value?

Yes

This is the game that made me glad I bought a Switch

Have you played the first one?

people wouldnt call it gacha if the enemies just drop blades instead of crystals

You're a moron.

The tutorial teaches you new things as you play to pace out the battle system, becuase it's actually pretty in-depth this time. So yeah even at 16 hours it'll teach you a new concept, but in xb2 the combat actually gets fun pretty fast. Even if you learn what to do when your party guage is full at like 15 hours, theres a shit ton to focus on before.

invest in litecoin instead you fucking cuck, just sell by December 30th

>An ojou-sama looking qt with the right type of thicc body

Sign me up. I hope I can use her thighs as a pillow.

To all those looking for Kos-Mos, it's worth the struggle. Granted, I got really lucky and pulled her when I first got Zeke.

boosters don't do anything besides raising the chances of getting a certain element, it doesn't matter if you hyperload on Justice ideas and boosters, your odds of getting a rare has not increased, just a blade of that element.
Technically you at one point get to chose which one you prefer
every tutorial splash is like 15-30 seconds depending on your reading speed but it's spread out over 20ish hours. It's not like something like Persona 5 where the tutorial lasts fucking hours on end

>the main character looks so fucking retarded.
why?
he's one of the rare JRPG male protags with hair that doesn't make him look like a faggot.

>hey boy i see you are busy killing some quests mobs
>here's a high level flying fucker out of nowhere
thanks

the game fucking tells you that ideas raise your odds of getting stronger blades

If this kind of game is your kind of thing, you'll get your money's worth and then some definitely.

Does Kos-Mos have a special weapon type or is it just the normal Ray-Gun?

To think there are people on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who made the objectively wrong choice

Admittedly, I'm a bit of a contrarian on these things. The easiest way for a girl to lose me is when I can tell the game wants me to like her.

That exact same enemy is also found in one of the earlier areas in Xenoblade 1.

Getting to the factory in Lower Mor Ardain was worse. Unless I did it wrong, I had to sneak passed level 80 dinosaurs, birds and wolves that all aggro on sight in order to get there.

>dude its standalone, like final fantasy! Perfect for newcomers.

gun but she uses a sword for a specials

>the default background music is too loud
>again
At least they give sound options finally, can they patch this in Cross please?

Yes, I too saw the dunkey vid and never played any of the 3 xenoblade games before!

fucking this. shit was insane

I have so many people to apologize to over that ending

People have posted that releasing rares reverts the rates back. If you get a bunch of rares you don't care about, release them and you improve your chance of getting KOS-MOS. The game doesn't want you getting new rares when you have less than 5 remaining. The only way to get around that is to release ones you don't want.

For a moment I thought I was going the wrong way but nope, I guess the devs were just assholes about that one part

>Need to kill Tantal volffs to get an affinity perk.
>Return to Tantal.
>Literally everything has been replaced by level 80-ish seafood wandering everywhere.

What's the one song that plays before the final battle & during Rex trying to get Pyra/Mythra to join him right before the transformation in the fight with Jin & Malos? Plays in one or two other sections as well.

Every Xenoblade game so far evokes a similar feeling from me: like a precious child I grow to love so much in spite of its own pretty glaring flaws. Even then at the end the flaws just adds its charm in the way of a memorable frustration/moment.

Post Nia

No I haven't. Does it relate to the first one at all?

What's a good place to farm rare cores at around level 45? I'm near the end of chapter 5

In a way. You'll still be fine playing 2 as your first, but the ending has a deeper level of meaning/context if you've played the first game, but it's not necessary in the grand scheme of things either.

>roll crazy Yoshimitsu looking dude
>his name is fucking Perceval
who comes up with these names

Should I play the previous games before playing this one? I was thinking of emulating the Xenoblade Chronicles on PC, but was recently gifted 2. Should I just let it sit on my shelf until I beat the earlier ones? How far back in the series is a good place to start?

it's mostly standalone, but is a lot more meaningful if you have once the game passes a certain point

For 90% of the game it doesn't, but then it starts referencing the first game like crazy for its big twist

That said, All you need to know about the first game is its ending to grasp XB2's plot. I'll sum up the connections in the spoiler if you want to know.

XB1 and 2 are occurring simultaneously in parallel universes. The backstory of XB2 explains how the universe of XB1 came to exist and Shulk's killing of the god in XB1 causes the death of the god you meet in XB2 to trigger the ending.

His costume is a genuine 5/10

Second one bumps up to a 9

>tfw game is $90 in canada after tax

No regrets, game is amazing.

I would have picked hikari but homura just sounds better when he shouts it

You can get to there from upper Mor Ardain you know

You don't ever need to actually cross the high level part of Chansagh Wastes unless you want to find the key to unlock the locked gate from the docks

It's the the fog that causes it.

Anyone else surprised by how good this game is? Blunderfagging aside, the way the combat ramps up and yet the gameplay not being dumbed down from the previous games is pretty impressive.

A little let down they toned down the boob jiggles since the trailers though

90 canubucks arent 90 usd hun

Sup Forums who’s on your waifu team?
For me, I put the three bro drivers with their full lineup of waifus.
Rex: Mythra (best girl) Nia (4th best girl) and Agate (2nd best non-legendary blade)
Zeke: Pandy (3rd best girl) Zenobia (best non-legendary blade) Azami
Tora: both Poppi’s
For the record Morag gets Godfrey as her husbando.

Clearly Monolith wanted you to play a waifu team, why else would they give you a 50% damage increase item for having waifus?

Tl;dr. It's not necessary. You could play either or first. But playing both in the end makes the other retroactively better.

you were supposed to go from the upper level. I admittedly did the same thing though.

>Nia will never be a trap

>But playing both in the end makes the other retroactively better.

Seriously, I hated XB1's ending initially and now I actually like it

You're supposed to go through the abandoned factory, past level 35-ish Lizards instead. One of the level 80 birds might bug you when you run down the stairs but otherwise it's all clear.

P U S S Y B O N E

I should have known, that factory looked so neat tho

I think you should play the first game before 2, mostly so you can appreciate 2’s gameplay improvements. 2 also makes cute little references to the first game even if they take place in separate universes, so play the first if you want to get them.

What's the best way to build the 3 Poppis? I'm fine with grinding for ether crystals but not grinding for the Master Role CPUs.
>All the different ways you can get down to the second half of the lower level
I wish more of the game was like this
what didn't you like about it, I thought it was pretty swell. Are you just not a fan of good ol' JRPG god killing?

>surprised
Monolith-Soft & Takahashi always come through. They're one of the few remaining teams I'm still fairly confident about giving my unconditional trust.

>"Nice barreh."

This game straight up spoils xeno1 so yes, play that first if you ever planned to.

why is Rex such a shit party member. dude dies with just 3 o 4 attacks from any enemy

>It's just a simple romantic "boy-meets-girl" story.
Did you rike it?

>what didn't you like about it, I thought it was pretty swell. Are you just not a fan of good ol' JRPG god killing?

I liked killing god but I failed to see how the shit with Klaus impacted the story in any meaningful way. Now it does and it adds a bittersweet element to the fight with Zanza when you realize the impact it had on the world ox XB2

Honestly for the first several hours I was so bored I thought about quiting but once you get Tora and Nia both together the game really picks up steam. I like how there’s progression in combat mechanics all the way to the very end too. I mean still in the final chapter they’re giving you new abilities, it really helps you feel like you’re progressing.

>just got the titty monster bunny
>that disgusting accent

>Look! You can pinpoint the exact moment where his opinions became irrelevant!

Only a gay would choose pyra over ascended Nia. Hell, even regular Nia.

Generally speaking, Rex is your attacker. You want to have your tank character take all the aggro while the attacker doles out damage and the healer protects the tank.

But you can and possibly might need to switch these rolls around, depending on your whimsy or core rolls.

>You will never wake up to this.

>Aggro management while you have Mythra out
Even Rolling Smash can't save you

Dub or Sub?

Can someone please explain to me how buying shop deeds work? I've bought out stores like in that one quest but I've never seen another deed.

I'm a real big fan of how the combat slowly builds upon itself and becomes more complex, with more and more way to make combat trivial if you understand the mechanics
Rex plays very similar to Shulk did in the original XBC, high damage but you're supposed to keep the agro off him at almost all costs. Unlike Shulk however, his agro dropping art is a lot worse since it's AoE, so it can accidentally hit enemies you're not currently fighting and immediately draw their agro. If you're early on in the game things become a lot easier to manage once you get Tora, your first tank party member.

Somebody at MS had something awful go on in their love life. There's no conceivable reason for a normal person to do something like this with such regularity

Sub if you can help it. Dub if you really can't stand reading subtitles/don't understand the simple banter/battle phrases in Japanese.

>Generally speaking, Rex is your attacker

You mean Zeke, right? Because you put Rex away the moment you got Zeke...right?

Fuck that stupid ass bird. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

you need to raise development level and do a merc mission for contracts, or be on a specific side quest to snag em all

stop playing dub

I feel like Brighid is surprisingly ignored in the battle of the waifus. Just look at those tits, that sheer slit through the dress, them tiny panties. Goddamn.

>She brushes it off so easily, even though her heart literally shattered to pieces

Nia is truly best girl. NiaxZeke doujin when

Sometimes you need the development level higher to have their whole stock available for purchase, and sometimes you have to do quests for them once you unlock the quests you send left over blades on. They'll often drop items in bulk that add items into multiple shops at once.

It just gives you a greater appreciation and some mind blowing. The game can be played standalone.

i have farmed over 100 rare and 10 legendaries cores and yet not a SINGLE NEW BLADE. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i seriously have about 11 missing in the catalog.