FFXV

I finished FFXV a few days ago, I watched the movie and plan on watching the anime too. Why do people bash it so badly? I liked the game a lot! What FF game should I pick-up next?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=axfFbGZ68nI
youtu.be/Md7GhVH3vUg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

your standards seem very low,pick literally any next

Why are XV fags always newfags or people with no standards
It's an early access game with multiple season passes ffs
>queue 500 xv autist posts

oh really? so it's mainstream to hate on the game, or what?

dang dude, who hurt you?

You're either a massive weeb who has countless pictures of Noctis on his/her phone and is already thinking about cosplaying someone from the game or someone who started playing games in 2013.

What did you like about it?

This game

Hmm X maybe
It's the same type

Uhm, I think I started like 5 animes and only finished 2, so I don't think I qualify as a weeb. My phone is filled with metal music to the brink that the 32 internal and 128 external barely allowed me to save that picture :D (flacs are huge, heh).

The entire reason I played XV is because it was a totally different sort of game from the Final Fantasy norm.

A superb candidate for “it’s a bad installment but an alright game”.

assuming this isnt a troll thread you should play the episode ignis dlc if you really liked the game

I just think it's kinda mediocre, which has been the case for FF for a while anyway so no surprise here.
No good prolouge, the invasion is a movie, combat doesn't evolve at all and is way too easy, no optional summons, only 2-3 good dungeons and the rest is fetch quests, story shit happens of screen, story gap fillers are DLC, even more DLC coming this year etc.
The music was pretty good though and the oldschool monster designs
>What FF game should I pick-up next
You'll probably like all of them if you liked XV.
Just play the popular ones

ffxv is the worst game i have played

so you're just a faggot with no experience and zero taste in games

>mainstream
no-one is impressed you're 14

Why are people that make "why you hate xv" threads always so weird

no combat

because they're obviously troll threads
look at and tell me this isn't a troll

I usually play fps and mmo games, so this is kinda my first try at a rpg/jrpg and it was quite neat desu. I picked the game for a low price and spent almost 1 week to finish it, I don't mind the plot holes, since I don't believe that everything should have an explanation. I like when games leave me in the dark and make me think and imagine what happened. Same, the ending was decent, and it left a lot of room for interpretation.

>People hate on the game because it's not muh linear corridor story with turn based combat with shitty menus dogging it down
>Literally the best fighting system vaguely associated with Final Fantasy since the days where turn based was still used (and could be good)
>You cunts hate it because it tried something different yet only the ending parts of the game and the backtracking excuse sucked
>The same cunts somehow managed to hate FF13 even though it was very traditional FF style - what do you even want then? Spoilt cunts.
>Failing to understand the comfort of travelling in a fucking sweet car through a modern fantasy landscape

When it comes to xvfag i'm not even sure anymore. They literally type like retards and use year old memes and emoticons. Just look at xv-kun

Will do :D

oh yeah, forgot about the whole episode dlc thing, thanks

If you liked XV, try the dissidia beta today. It has noctis as a playable character and features some of the other main characters of final fantasy games.

close enough, more use more braincells next time

I'm not a noctis fan, haha, I just liked the game. a friend had dissidia on psp, shame it's ps exclusive

>cunt
>cunt
>cunt
>makes up random shit
Am i not allowed to criticise is because it's literally an early access game? Beccause it has multiple season passes to fill sotry gaps? Because the combat is style over substance shit which shouldn't be the case in an ARPG?
Stop putting words in others mouths, noone said it should be linear, but noone said it shold only be one big green and one big brown field either. You guys needs to learn that there's a middleground and you can dislike both XIII and XV.
Why are you XVfags always so insecure.

Any criticism or opinion is always countered by "you are not allowed to dislike it because it said so"

>People hate on the game because it's not muh linear corridor story with turn based combat with shitty menus dogging it down

XIII gets a lot of hate for being corridor, so no.

>Literally the best fighting system vaguely associated with Final Fantasy

That'd be XI or XII

>You cunts hate it because it tried something different yet only the ending parts of the game and the backtracking excuse sucked

There's better reasons to hate it.

>The same cunts somehow managed to hate FF13 even though it was very traditional FF style - what do you even want then? Spoilt cunts.

XIII was anything but traditional.

>Failing to understand the comfort of travelling in a fucking sweet car through a modern fantasy landscape

This is the only thing people actually agree on, you idiot.

So you played on Xbox? Yeah okay this thread is bait
Why are any XV related threads always full of autism

I didn't play other FF games, but I watched some of it on youtube and i'm not a fan of turn-based games; it's a bold move to change the franchise and the whole feel of a game, but it turned out decent

What are you playing on? Xbone?

If so, try the comrades expansion after watching the movie.

>cunt cunt cunt
Are you another australian? What's up with this game that attracts so many people that just throw out random insults and are afraid of others opinioins

90% of all shitposters are AUS.

does the platform matter at all? let people enjoy things and quit the elitism

Glad to see you enjoyed it OP, I hope you'll try even more RPGs and have a nice day

ye, X, will do, I just gotta find time for that

FFVII is getting an action game remake. Could be worth your time.

thx, witcher 3 waits patiently on my desk, I know it's a loong game and everyone praised it for being really good

Type 0 is available on xbone. I haven't played much of it but it's action based not turn based.

another ps exclusive :(... makes me drop 250e on a slim just to play detroit bh, horizon zero dawn and ff7(the trailer looks amazing, and i saw it tops all polls when it comes to gameplay and story)

looks nice

The PS4 is worth it if you have more than 2 games to get excited about I think.

Maybe get one pre owned.

If you liked FFXV you'll obviously like W3. Both are for plebs but at least Witcher has a serviceable story.

>>Literally the best fighting system

lol

IX

>Why do people bash it so badly
Realistically speaking?
Because SE was hyping up the game to be the next coming of Christ and the trailer did look great and intriguing.

When it came out the game was an unfinished mess of poorly executed ideas, bugs, barren open world full of invisible walls, shallow combat and missing story content full of plotholes and a sorry excuse of a world building and storyline which was divided across different mediums before the game even came out.

Also, obligatory webm for the thread.

I agree, side quests were boring af, without watching the movie, it gives no clues as to what happened in Insomnia.
I liked the music a lot, and I heard that most FF games have amazing music. I'll probably pick up IX, X, XII on Steam soon.

>When it came out the game was an unfinished mess of poorly executed ideas, bugs, barren open world full of invisible walls, shallow combat and missing story content full of plotholes and a sorry excuse of a world building and storyline which was divided across different mediums before the game even came out.

aka an Early Access game

The FFXIII trilogy has my favourite music in the series.

FF has a pretty low standard, that's why it's the best from FF since turn based days.

They should've "borrowed" more from Devil May Cry, like they were trying to with XV in the first place.

Also

>Me getting this many "You"s

Hey, me too, OP. I finished it yesterday. Honestly, the last few chapters were pretty bad. But the last scene really got to me.

Yep I'm Aussie, thanks for the Yous.

>They should've "borrowed" more from Devil May Cry, like they were trying to with XV in the first place.

or get someone else to do the combat. Like what SE did by getting Platinum for Nier Automata

I see. I picked it up a month ago, so I got no idea how the game played when it came out. They fucked up big I see.
Weird, but wasn't the game in "development" like, since 2006-2007? Even if they had breaks, changed the game engine, assets, etc they should've nailed the story, the sidequests, etc long time ago

The story was drastically changed.

>Weird, but wasn't the game in "development" like, since 2006-2007? Even if they had breaks, changed the game engine, assets, etc they should've nailed the story, the sidequests, etc long time ago

they changed Directors around 2013 from Noruma to Tataba and he changed a lot of shit.

This is what he said about the combat system. He was the guy who wanted it to be "Hold O to win"

Yeah, they kinda fast-forwarded the last chapters, and World of Ruin was short lived and it didn't make me feel bad for world, I just wanted to understand what happened after Noctis touched the crystal and why I had a beard

>and why I had a beard
did you miss the part where he was in there for 10 years?

Yeah, outsourcing can go that way. OR, you could end up with a Deus Ex: Human Revolution, with the shittiest boss battles known to man - so bad, in fact, that they need to do a Director's Cut of the game just to fix it.

To be honest it looked like FFXV was stealing from DMC almost directly but they were scared of losing traditional FF trappings. If they had, it would have been a better game. The true weebs would QQ about XV but they are anyway, so shit would've been worth.

I hope they'll drop that idea with the next game. The gameplay was nice at the start of the game, how Ignis and Gladio offered "advices" on how to approach a situation, but after the 1st chapter, it died and it became boring.

>Why don't people like X
>I like X

At least attempt making an objective argument you fucking mongoloid. This is youtube comment section levels of dementia

After playing the game, no, but when it "happened" I had no clue what was going on. Either I phased out and didn't read the subtitles, or the game did a poor job at explaining in that very moment what happened.

>OR, you could end up with a Deus Ex: Human Revolution, with the shittiest boss battles known to man - so bad, in fact, that they need to do a Director's Cut of the game just to fix it.

I played the base game and the first boss was nearly impossible for me because I thought I could stealth/hack my way past it.

Nope.

2nd boss was easy
3rd boss was "can't see shit"

So this is how you complain in autism.

>autism
Nah you missed it, that was all the people trying to blame Australia because they copped a decent trolling from an Aussie.

The version we got started around late 2013, and everything before that was scrapped due to the original game being a trilogy and Square not wanting to commit.

Everytime i see i want to believe the Versus remake bullshit only to forget about XV.
So much wasted potential

I liked the story, how Noctis went from some ungrateful brat to a men that made his father proud, how his bros were there for him, how they tried, each in their own way, make Noctis a king, like his father (I see that the whole son tries to become his father thing is present in the whole game), I liked the ending with both Noctis giving his life to end Ardyn and how, probably in the afterlife, he got his marriage with Luna. I didn't like the combat system, it become boring, I didn't like the last 3 chapters, they seemed rushed out with barely anything palpable. There, I hope you can jo calmly now.

at least Comrades looks like they fixed the flaws in the game play

but I am not spending $20 on a buggy Mutliplayer DLC to confirm it

$20? I payed $19 for the game, steelbox edition (it was on sale)

>at least Comrades looks like they fixed the flaws in the game play

Not all of them, but the combat is indeed miles better.
It lacks substance heavily though, the only unique thing it can offer is the lv.70 Bahamut trial.

Wait, is this the only Final Fantasy you've played? If so, play FFX, next.

>$20? I payed $19 for the game, steelbox edition (it was on sale)

the DLC is $20 by itself

>It lacks substance heavily though, the only unique thing it can offer is the lv.70 Bahamut trial.
the lack of content for $20 is why I have not gotten comrades

Episode Ignis has some nice combat too, but compared to what it was supposed to be..

youtube.com/watch?v=axfFbGZ68nI

FUCKING TABATA, WHY?

Ye, the only one. I'll get X, XII(when it'll release) and probably IX on Steam later.

Is the loading time patch out already? I played it day one and finished all the conent which was mostly just piss easy short missions in like two days and half of that time were loading screen, there're 3-4 loading screens before and after every mission

To be absolutely fair, the E3 2013 trailer looked great, but probably played like garbage.
Some of the animations (especially for the great sword) are junk, the party attack interruptions are even worse than in the main game, etc.
I would've much more preferred the 2014 stuff they shown.
youtu.be/Md7GhVH3vUg

>sick fluid animations with perfect weight, momentum, separation and hit stun from the enemies
>being able to air-step with the great sword properly, not being locked in the animation like a faggot
>dat cuhrayzee armiger
>dat jumping over enemies Prince of Persia style

Auto weapons switching is give or take, but to me the game looked much more fun to play in that build than what we ended up getting.

>Is the loading time patch out already?

I heard it was

>It's bad because you need to watch the movie and anime to understand it

This is a meme, the story is really fucking easy to follow in the game alone. The only part that's a little jarring is that old guy who dies and we're supposed to care about.

I watched none of the side material before playing the game and found the plot to be infinitely more coherent than FFXIII.

Well, most games nowadays are downgrades of what we see at E3, so it's not relevant anymore to trust trailers and gameplay trailers.

I think the 2013 gameplay was really in early development.
But indeed the 2014 gameplay was amazing, really a shame that everything (even the fucking imperial cars) was throw away.

What bothered me the most was how Noctis' model is still the exact same, except for the head. A big old guy's head attached to the body of a short, skinny kid. Makes all the costumes look like shit

What photo did you take with you, Sup Forums? Here's mine.

Look, I know you probably will not believe this. But, particular tastes aside, you like it because you know very very little about the structure of a story, characters and pretty much everything involved.
If you learn about this while growing up, in a few years you will go back to this saga and realize exactly how shitty it was.

The pic where they were all together before going on the boat.

The game's story wasn't great, but there's no need to dwell on the negatives. The characters are good. There are a lot of exciting moments. And a few scenes will get you emotional.

I won't deny it, but I kinda get "stories" and how they are supposed to develop during a timeframe. I used to, when I was in highschool, to read a lot, but I always liked books in which the story and all the details weren't out in the open. I don't need a carer to point me where to go, to explain me everything. I like ambiguity, mystery, but up to a point. I won't deny that the game does make things hard to understand, but it won't lose too many points from me because of that. I don't need to know each branch of a story to enjoy it, some things are left unsaid, unshowed, unexplained and this is why I enjoyed the story (up to a point). If people feel the need to know everything about a certain story, be it, but you don't need to call out people who enjoyed it. My favorite game, lore-wise, it's World of Warcraft, and despite it's many expansions, quests, many things about the world are left unexplained. I also read some of the books, and while they do offer more info, it's nothing groundbreaking, and sometimes they make me question stuff even more. Finally, as I stated before, I agree, there's a chance that after some years, when I'll look back at FFXV I'll see more flaws. I can't say that I adore or love or idolize the game or it's characters, some characters, like Cindy, are so poorly developed that it took me a few seconds to recall who she was. Anyway, thanks for the input.

oh yeah, they "skipped" some work and only drew the head and glued it to the body.

>FF has a pretty low standard, that's why it's the best from FF since turn based days.
LR says hi.

Well, now buy multiplayer DLC to understand it

This! Yeah, at the ending scene, when they played back the intro, when they were pushing the car, that made me realize how much they changed from that point and how much time has passed.

No game in the XIII trilogy is good. They're not even real Final Fantasy games.

Noct shoving his sword into a rhino's ass.

No, most people think it's at least decent and the the extreme ends are either loving it or hating it. It's a forgettable game with a few aspects that had potential that weren't flesh out enough and a couple really notable flaws. You don't get points for being a contrarian on this one.

I'll buy it for PC. Looks fun. I was a huge FF fan, but that tapered off after FFXII, a game i thought was actually great. I wasn't invested in the hype for this, so I don't think I'll be so disappointed like most of you.

please play ff6

There is no playable version of VI.

??
SNES version