What did you do the first time you arrived at this door?

What did you do the first time you arrived at this door?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h9S_9weEP8I&t=1032s
youtube.com/watch?v=tSDKCefOPtQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i solved it

legit never understood the difficulties

Unlock it through trial and error.

wait a minute that card...

/thread

Stopped playing the game, the difficulty was too high.

looked around the room for like half an hour for clues. little did i know my HUD was cut off so i didnt know there was an inspect button to rotate the claw

>centuries old door with secret code required to unlock, as well as a key
>the secret code is written on the key

so uhhhh whats the point of the code?

I looked at the claw thing and it didnt have any clues for how to solve it.
Then I googled the answer.
The "inventory rotation" feature was never used again later in anything.

Why even need a secretcode? Its not like you couldnt bruteforce it with just 9 possible combinations

Looked for 20 minutes at the walls then googled it. Unironically

Well seeing as I have played RPGS and Resident evil before.
I checked my inventory when I noticed the Claw symbol on the door. Noticed I didn't have anything like it and left. Came back later when I actually had said item that pointed me to this door via a quest. I then proceeded to examine the item and solved the "riddle" effortlessly.

>Sup Forums had problems with this braindead puzzle
Don't play RE

I watched Todd play the demo so I knew

got lucky and did it on my first try without knowing to look at the claw.

Why did they even have this? Was there even any puzzle solving anywhere after this? I think I can recall like one other dungeon with a puzzle afterwards, so whats the point of it?

I looked at the symbols on the walls and tried to figure out the correct order

looked at the claw and matched it up with that its not that hard user getting stuck at this is literally DSP tier

I turned the dials like two or three times before it just popped open and I didn't even have to solve it

Incorrect combinations trigger traps

I looked at the patterns on the wall, and it was wrong. Then I looked at the pattern of the claw and that was it.

Looked around the dungeon for clues. Ran through the entire thing for 20 minutes. Gave up on finding clues and spammed the rings for another 10 minutes.
Got it right by accident.

>No idea how to unlock it
>Try to "Use" the Paw but can't
>Turn the dial twice and it opens anyway

>9 possible combinations
>9
Sup Forums truly is retarded

like, all dungeons had those stupid "rotate-the-pillar" puzzles

I remembered a pre-release gameplay trailer when they mentioned that these dungeons would have clues hidden in the wall carvings and so on, so I tried to solve it based on them. It didn't work, so I merely brute-forced it until I noticed the retarded and useless feature with the combinations.
Skyrim was a dozen kinds of shit and stupid, but something like that was a special kind of retarded even for that game.

flipped through the journal I got from that dude then inspected the claw
literally took me like 3 minutes

I'm brainlet, dicklet and bad at manual/physical labour type stuff, also no creativity or artistic/musical talent. What do?

kill yourself

more like

wait a minute that claw

I went into my invatory menu and examined the claw because I’m not fucking retarded.

Eventually figure out you can just barely see the images on the claw's default position because on release the whole "zoom in and turn the item" feature was broken and didn't work until later patches.

positive that i stopped playing shortly after this

I didn't realize you could inspect items so I just googled it.

the only people who solved this were the people who watched the gameplay reveals because no other time in the game does it tell you that you can rotate and inspect objects.

Activated no clipping and walked through the door.

survive

>Kill guy
>Has book
>Read book
>"The answer is in the palm of my hand"
>Think it's a clue
>Look at claw palm in inventory
>Solve puzzle

Wait. That card...

How? I can't tie a rope to hang myself. I tried watching a youtube video but it was too confusing.

The only reason it was easy for you was because you already watched the E3 demo that showed you were supposed to read the claw in the inventory.

I honestly had no idea you could even rotate the items in your inventory. All that wasted real estate for fucking match the pattern puzzles.

It's not even that cryptic.
>get claw from guy
>Find door with claw symbol and other symbols.
>Examine claw
>Solve door.

I just brute forced it. Only a literal retard would not realize how few combinations are possible. I can't remember how long it took me to realize I just had to look at the claw but I don't think it was long.

work at bethesda

This. ×1000

tcl'd through it because match the picture puzzles are for fags and it's quicker to clip through the door

This.

>9 combinations
It's six you retard, you just put a symbol once.

Why was Skyrim's UI so fucking god awful. The fact that you can't see your character at all in the menus will always make it fucking shit.

>Sup Forums made fun of Bioshock infinite for having braindead puzzles
>Sup Forums had a problem solving a fucking bethesda puzzle
>normies didnt even had a problem doing this

sadly this

Googled it

I'm just a faggot that goes through menus and tries everything in game the moment I have control. I'm used to vidya not explaining things or having dumb tutorials.

Turned 360 degrees and walked away.

Fuck the main story quest line.

i stand corrected he didnt get stuck on this door even he read the book and found the answer on the claw immediately so if you got stuck on this door you are literally worse than DSP at games

it's weird that the answer was on the claw instead of scattered in the dungeon

the ones that had problems ARE the normies that loved infinite

everyone had a problem doing this, not because you couldn't figure out what you had to do, but because you didn't know there was a control to rotate fucking inventory items

Owl owl owl
Owl owl moth
Owl owl bear
Owl moth owl
Owl moth moth
Owl moth bear
Owl bear owl
Owl bear moth
Owl bear bear

Triple it for starting with moth and bear, that means 27 combinations

>implying Bethesda didn't used to be at least pretty clever with their puzzles

The waters of Vivec one come to mind instantly. The problem with Skyrim's puzzles is there's so fucking many of them and they're all incredibly easy. What's the point of puzzles when the answer is fucking right in front of you at every given moment? They're just annoying road bumps 99.9% of the time.

how come there's no reviews, journalists or any group of memers saying LOL PUZZLE SO HARD XD?

it was fucking easy m8

>tfw Sup Forums is this shitty meme

Nigga, you expect people to read? Players nowadays would be stumped by the Pilgrimages of Seven Graces because it's not explicitly spelled out for you.

It's just a bad meme my dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=h9S_9weEP8I&t=1032s

>3x3x3 = 9

Not for that puzzle.

I solved it with the claw. Not because I got the logic behind the puzzle, but because early gameplay spoiled it for me back then and I knew where to look.

Ever since mgs3 I would always see if you could rotate stuff in menus. Thanks kojima.

yup

finding this difficult is a meme right? you gotta be legit retarded to not solve it immediately. completely daft

>talent
meme buzzword

also Start reading yaoi and pick up fat yaoi girls by pretending that you are gay.

For that puzzle yeah

I rotated the claw in my inventory, since it was literally one of the first things shown in the very first trailer.

>9 possible combinations

it's not hard,it's just retarded,like having your login be your password

I solved it immediately because the guy's journal said how to solve it.

I remember forgetting about the gimmick to those later in my playthrough though.

>guy's journal said open the menu and rotate right stick to view inside of claw
try again faggot

>tfw had to look it up
>tfw had to look up how to solve the puzzle on some of the doors where the code was right infront of me because I thought there would be more to it than that

I searched the room for a while before googling it because there is no indications that you can move items in your inventory. I should have brute forced it looking back.

>literally a journal next to the claw telling you to rotate the thing
>trailers showed rotation in inventory
>very few combinations so brute-forcing it takes 5 minutes
>previous known games had puzzles requiring inventory rotation
>normies were able to solve this flawlessly
>despite all this, Sup Forums had a problem with this puzzle and looked up the solution

youtube.com/watch?v=tSDKCefOPtQ

the journal alludes to it being a key, but it doesn't say that it has a password etched into it.

Hmm. the claw had stuff on it lets see. If you struggled with this you are a sub-100 iq untermensch and must sterilize yourself.

>literally a journal next to the claw telling you to rotate the thing
stop lying

27 if you allow repeats, but there is no repeats so 3*2*1, not 3*3*3

>two-part combination lock
>key is both parts so the second part of the lock is essentially worthless

this

then later when i got to another door and didn't want to bother I googled it and realized it was on the claw

terrible game design putting it on the claw when no other item requires you to look at it in the inventory

the Railroad code in FO4 was similarly bad, you have to memorize or write it down, but no other password or puzzle in the game requires that
and after all that the password to enter the Railroad is just fucking RAILROAD

I actually spent maybe 20 minutes looking around the room thinking that maybe the combo had some relation to the order in which the frescos on the walls appeared, I had completely forgotten that you could rotate objects in the menu.
Maybe I'm retarded maybe I just play too many adventure games, maybe both.

oh yea, i looked around on the walls for a pattern too, before brute forcing it

Practice. You're not going to be good at something in a day, hell, or even weeks months or years. Some people get handed the golden ticket and others have to work.

I had a buddy in college that moped about since his art was lacking and always loved what I did. I was never serious about it so that probably made things worse. All these years later he can paint circles around me since I didn't keep at it and he kept working.

Some of these doors have 5 sets of symbols.

IT's incomprehensible if you don't remember you can rotate items.
>Look at claw
>There's nothing there

>27 possible solutions
>about 7 seconds to test each solution
>worst case scenario takes around 3 minutes to brute force
Is it smarter to limit your solution to a random number under 3 minutes, or potentially spend a lot more time searching for a clue that may or may not exist?

>watched an early stream
>It kept getting taken down
>Eventually saw the puzzle
>Download the game two months later
>Puzzle was easy to remember

Hardest part was realizing I could examine the claw in the menu.

Wait a minute, that claw

Hardest part was actually being able to fucking do it since I literally couldn't do anything with them other than first have them pop up on the side.

>remembered when they spoiled how to solve it before the game was released at e3
>solve

Went back to my Whiterun rape dungeon and fapped my dick off

Except there is absolutely on indication in game that you can rotate things in your inventory. How was I supposed to know I had to click and drag the claw?

RE never told you yet everyone on Sup Forums was able to solve the puzzles

nowadays, this is the result of newfags