>>vgchartz.com/db/game.php?id=182673

Piratefags killed Metroid and 3DS

>fuck live

>making a 3ds game after literally everyone has homebrewed their 3ds
serves nintendo right
just move to the switch for fuck's sake

>VGChartz
lol

reminder that no one uses this site unironically, every vgchartz mention is straightforward shilling

Not surprised. Fewer people than you think give a shit about Metroid.

Nintendo DS was easy as fuck to pirate yet it made tons of sales.
Metroid fans are just bitter hypocrites as usual.

>vgchartz

even uganda knuckles shitposting is less pathetic

>makes a mediocre game
>blame fans because they didn't bought mediocre game
Then people say gamers are entitled instead companies who like to sell shit and got offended when not everyone buys it

I pirated it and it was shit. Not surprised it bombed.

I thought Sup Forums liked this game. Are you telling me Sup Forums isn't one person with a single static opinion?? What the fuck!

Switch version when?

Wasn't there a site saying that it sold 500k worldwide?

>outsourced remake did poorly
Considering how hacked to hell the 3DS is, 370k is amazing

>vgchartz
lmao, wheres an actual Nintendo investor report?

Meanwhile AM2R was universally praised.

>VGshartz

that said it's probably not off a lot, no one cares about 2D metroid anymore

>tfw Xenoblade Chronicles is doing better than Metroid
>tfw Fire Emblem is doing better than Metroid
>tfw Splatoon is doing better than Metroid
>tfw Star Fox is doing better than Metroid
>tfw Metroid has such a poisonous fanbase that Nintendo would be better off making a new Sci-Fi game and leaving the unpleasable neckbeards behind.

You miserable cunts, this series is gonna die and it's all your fault.

>370k
that's not bad for a metroid title.

>the Metroid fanbase is a vocal minority
Wow, how surprising.

Make Star Wolf

prime 4 will sell gangbusters

>implying

game was mediocre anyway

>prime 4 will sell gangbusters
Prime has never sold gangbusters.

Sup Forums liking a game has nothing to do with how well it sells
though Sup Forums often likes to brag when sales are good, because apparently this matters

oh, well i blame the 3DS then. should have just released it on the switch.

Or we know when a game is shit. They threw that game together to shut fans up instead of making something decent.

nah i was playing the much superior version aka AM2R, i had no interested in that ugly looking game, seriously why they didnt go full 2d with sprites, game texture in 3d looked ugly and ridley in the end was stupid, could have been much better, the game had pratically ZERO story

>I blame the 3DS
>gamecube games sell over a million/2million

>>v
>>>g
>>>>chartz

I guess you're new so you're unaware, but the entire site is fake news and has been this way for over a decade. There's a reason the industry ignores this trash.

It's a remake. It's not like it had a budget or anything. 300k is probalby plenty. :/

In order to determine if it "bombed" or not, expected sales need to be considered.

Good! Fuck this Other M 2.5D cancer.

holy shit THIS many people bought a 3DS? i thought it was a meme toy no one actually used.

>wasn't advertised as a brand new Metroid
>was barely advertised as it is

I think someone at Nintendo just hates Samus.

>We
NIgga, don't play that revisionist shit, people were saying both A2MR and Samus Returns are equally good if different takes.

This doesn't bode well for Prime 4

Prime 4 is likely going to sell fucktonnes becaue it's hit that "hype" stage where it's "Gaming royalty" and even if people who didn't play Metroid, pretend to like it for gaming cred.

are you the same retard that's posting vgchartz console sales in another thread?

i hope you're just trolling, nobody can be stupid enough to still believe vgchartz numbers

I actually really enjoyed this game. The parry system was something new and different and at least added some sort of strategy on basic enemies and using the circle pad for aiming was such a nice feature. Music was amazing, added boss fight was great and added a little characterization. Chozo lore was interesting for those wondering what's next.

All around solid game. Not amazing, but I honestly don't understand how people could think it's shit.

I want that bastard to moon me

>outsourced remake did poorly
I unironically hope that Metroid Prime 4 shits the bed for the same reason.
I want Nintendo to fucking bleed to almost death so they can feast on their own arrogance and kikery.
Their no fucks given attitude of the past couple of years is alarming. Their faces need to be curmbstomped into shit so they learn some modesty and respect again.

>Piratefags killed Metroid and 3DS
This.

the only people that think it's shit are retards that unironically cite vgchartz as a credible source

We don't know if prime 4 is outsourced

no its not

I wasn't too impressed with the remake imo. I still have my GB copy of Metroid II

>VGChartz

I knew vgcharts wernt accurate but fuck thats litterally just guessing

That’s not bombing for a AA 3DS game shithead that’s a profit.

...that doesn't seem true

I recall that Samus Returns did pretty well, unless I'm mistaken.

That or >VGChartz

I bought one so....can't blame me.

This, sales fags need to fuck off back to >>>r/eddit/.

reddit > Sup Forums

Then go back.

This
Nintendo's marketing department is garbage. Plus they don't let youtubers lets play their games which is basically free advertising.

wouldn't be the first time

return whence you came

>Piratefags killed Metroid and 3DS

No, Nintendo killed Metroid and 3DS by:

a. Making Samus Returns doodoo 3D with shit models
b. Releasing the Switch

nah reddit controls Sup Forums, you fags tell people to go back but 99% of channers users reddit, reddit gives life to this plance and you know that right ?

>99% of channers users reddit
but where are the proofs?

No, piratefags killed Metroid

visit reddit and u will see

I dunno, they're still making MP4 so I guess Metroid is still alive. Plus I think Samus is one of the Switch avatars.

i don't want to go to reddit.

Even who commented about this without shitting on vgchartz is an idiot or a falseflagger.

This post is 100% the best, all others suck.

>Keep Metroid and Star Fox on ice for years and half ass games when fans demand for a game
>bombs
>ZELDA MARIO SMASH ZELDA MARIO SMASH for years and years
>Constantly and consistently does well
It's a mystery

Isn't that more, "99% of redditers go on Sup Forums"?

I could see it selling 3 million plus if it has online multiplayer.

>Keep donkey kong on ice for years and half ass games when fans demand for a game
>returns sells over 7 million

oops. No one cares about a 3DS remake, everyone's waiting on prime 4. Star fox zero was straight shit.

>metroid fags whine about no metroid
>get a metroid still don't support it
>they stop bothering with metroid
>"wah where's metroid Nintendo wah"

THis

10/10

Any metroid fan that pirated the game deserves everything they have coming to them
I hope you don't buy Prime 4 as well just so Nintendo can permanently ignore you kek.

*raises paw*
What if I simply did not buy the game? I'm not gonna play trash just because it's free.

i'm a metroid fan, but the fanmade remake was way better

also the 3DS is dead, the game came out too late

Donkey Kong was never in dire straits the way Metroid and Star Fox were.

At least DK had good games, meanwhile Nintendo half-assed games or just made shit games like Federation Force, Other M, Command, Assault, Adventures and yes Zero.

DK didn't have a good game since 64 until returns came out

>yfw Prime 4 bombs because Metroid has never sold a ton and Metroidfags already hate it simply because Retro isn't making it

same goes for Starfox

I bought a 3ds just to play samus returns then sold it and the game right after i beat it

totally worth it though. one of the better games I've played in a long time

underage detected, the backlash against retro developing prime 1 instead of nintendo and it being in first person was almost at the level of fed force. It sold over 2.8 million copies. prime 4 is nothing but hype

Metroid's sales never stopped going down ever since Metroid Prime 2 and Fusion. Are those bad games too?

Yes recall the immense hype for the top seller metroid prime when it was revealed an American studio was making a first person metroid

Seriously why did Nintendo not just negotiate with the author of AM2R and put it up for sale on their eshop? completely out-of-touch company.

>the backlash against retro developing prime 1 instead of nintendo and it being in first person was almost at the level of fed force. It sold over 2.8 million copies.

Back when Prime 1 came out people still gave games a chance. Whereas now seemingly some games are condemned upon reveal.

prime 3 though

You do realize the reason no one rips on Donkey Kong is because those post 64 games are those dumbass Bongo Drums that no one considered actually main entries in the DK series. Anything that looked like a glorified mini-game was not something the fans treated seriously. Now if Nintendo or Retro made a main intended entry and that one indeed was horrid to play through? Then you'd have an argument.

Metroid fans are the muslims of the gaming community.
>"WAAHHH WE WANT THE EXACT SAME GAME WITH VERY MINOR DIFFERENCES!"
>Nintendo "Here you go"
>"WTF IS THIS ITS JUST A LAZY REHASH WE WANT SOMETHING FRESH"
>Nintendo "Here you go"
>"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS IS TOO DIFFERENT IT'S NOT EVEN METROID NOW GIVE US SOMETHI-"
>Nintendo "Nah fuck off you ain't getting anything lmao"

>Back when Prime 1 came out people still gave games a chance
no they didn't underage tard, people wrote the games off for being first person and they still do

Holy Shit...PEOPLE ARE STILL CITING VGCHARTZ?!?!?!?!

No seriously if you believe those numbers, you are retarded. Those numbers don't even make sense if you look at the Amazon 2017 video game list. No way it sold only 150K and beat AC: Origin on PS4.

Granted Amazon doesn't give numbers and doesn't represent everything, but most everyone does their shopping there so the general trend should be indicative.

le ``protecting the IP'' face

Get the fuck out of here, nobody wants you here and your opinions on games are shit you fucking normies now go back to /reddit/ and stay there.

>no they didn't

Hence why it's one of the best selling Metroid games by a significant margin, because no one gave it a chance in 2002.

this

>only pre-existing metroid fans bought prime

prime 1 is responsible for over half of metroid fans today

>negotiate with the author of AM2R and put it up for sale on their eshop?

It took him 11 years to make it on Gamemaker and it was still a glitchy mess. What the hell is the chance he'd even be capable of putting it on 3DS?

thats because AM2R was the better game overall

Except they didn't blame anyone and actually said they were satisfied with the sales

>actually said they were satisfied with the sales
That's PR