Can we finally stop pretending that this game doesn't exist?

can we finally stop pretending that this game doesn't exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EoVcf2sjgYs
youtube.com/watch?v=sz4V8GJONT0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, Lanky Kong looks like a actual retard and I refuse to play it

I find this game the comfiest, I think it's the setting and music it's not as good as the others but it feels relaxing. And it reminds me of the days when I suffered from alcoholism and sold all my games to pay for vodka but in a good way not a bad way you know?

Are you the same fags that made a threat saying "Are we still pretending that DKC2 was better than DKC1?" the other day?

What the fuck is your obsession with the Kong Dong?

That's not Lanky, it's Kiddy Kong and he's supposed to be a baby

DKC is unironically the greatest series of platformers ever made

Sure. Its my favorite of the bunch

i still like DKC3 but it has some of the worst fucking gimmick levels in the entire franchise, and the most of them to boot

What about the gba version that had a different soundtrack?

The fuck

>mfw my favorite DKC game is everyone's least favorite

uh, try again sweetie

I dont like him.

shut up

The game is just oddly unremarkable
While the music and for the most part level design are great, there's so many gimmick levels that it just doesn't have it's own proper identity outside of "the gimmick game"

I never played them

did i hurt you feelings, donkeyfag? Sorry you can't move past your nostalgia and realize your series only had one good game

We're still ignoring it, just like Nintendo ignores any DK/Country game that isn't the first one.

The gba version of 3 is pretty much the only dkc gba port worth a damn.
youtube.com/watch?v=EoVcf2sjgYs

We need to get a picture of the elephant with the WHHIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRR meme.

Fuck that baby fuck. He's a shittier DK. Plus the level design is not as good. The quality drop from 2 to 3 is too drastic to ignore.

Squeals on Wheels is the worst level in a platformer
Ever
Of all time

ELL OH FUCKING ELL

Well I own all of them on SNES so I don't really care

the underwater reverse controls one is worse

Fucking nigger ape kong is such a stupid tank character, absolutely useless compared to Dixie.

These, plus Kiddy Kong.

Also as a personal issue I feel like it doesn't really have a theme to make it pop.
DKC1 is the first so it gets some leeway on this, and besides that it does it's just subtle as you work your way from natural areas to progressively more industrial zones.
DKC2: Pirates Edition
DKC3: ... You're in canada? Does that even count as a theme?
Just bland overall.

>You're in canada
That literally makes any game good Canada is the greatest country in the world and if it weren't for us Europe would have been taken over by the Germans

God tier
Enguarde
Squawks
Rambi

High tier
Squitter

Mid tier
Rattly
Winky

Low tier
All the ones you can't ride

Absolute fucking shit tier
Ellie

you guys would be a lot better without all the stoners

>squawks that high even though all of his levels are gimmicky garbage
yeah, no

Nobody pretended it didn't exist. People like it the least in the trilogy, but when asked they will all they you it's an 8/10 on its own.

>Game set in Canada
>Followed by a poorly made cgi show made in canada

This was a 11/10 show
I agree, I think drug addicts should be whipped

>Canada is the greatest country in the world
Good one, hockey sticks.

Why the fuck isn't Nintendo bundling Tropical Freeze and Returns together?

What the hell happened to the art design in this game. It is shockingly hideous.

Jealous cuckstralian, go drink your soy

lol stay mad, virgins

what do sonic's feet look like haha

Fornciation is a sin anyway they'll burn in the lake of fire

They're blue

Fuck you, that was one of the coolest bosses.

>God tier
Enguarde
Rambi

>High tier
Squitter
Expresso

>Mid tier
Squawks
Rattly

>Low tier
Winky
All the ones you can't ride

>Absolute fucking shit tier
Ellie

you mean america

religion is so retarded. Everything enjoyable is a fucking sin. Might as well just be a ruleset on living a dull life

>Everything enjoyable is a fucking sin
t. Sodomite faggot

>"Are we still pretending that DKC2 was better than DKC1?"
The fuck? There are people that believe it isn't? Literally what the fuck does DKC do better than DKC2? Genuinely curious.

This guy was fun though

>Jumping off those blades to knock him in the head
>That oh shit moment when the helmet starts taking shots at you

3 actually had some fun bosses though that deviated from the standard "Throw shit at it" formula that every boss in 2 had.

Except the waterfall thing. Even Cranky in the gba port doesn't know what the fuck that thing was.

more levels focusing on core platforming instead of gimmicks

Everyone who doesn't appreciate Squawks is just a brainlet that has trouble on that last level of DKC2.

What constitutes as "gimmicks"? The bird/barrel levels I suppose? They aren't even the majority. And besides that DKC2 has far better platforming stages than DKC1 did.

This, his levels were genuinely fun.

banana bird.

Yes, the animal/barrel stages mostly. There's also a lot of retarded nonsense like the hot air balloon level. Overall the first game just had more levels that were basic platforming, regardless of whether or not it had "worse" platforming.

I guess DKC was more consistent with it's level design but I could easily argue that DKC2 having a LOT more variety of levels is a much bigger strength.

It has the character who’s in the fucking title for starters.

Not like anyone played Donkey.

I guess it's a personal taste kind of thing. However I do agree that from a fundamental view DKC 2's style of having more variety without going too far, i.e. DKC 3, is better than just having too much of the same thing.

I love the level design, setting, soundtrack and overworld exploration of 3. Fight me

have fun bouncing off an enemy with diddy's weak jump

Still an advantage over DKC2. Other than that I can’t complain.

>not grabbing TNT barrels

Sonic was never good.

_____________Ever.__________

delet

>I feel like it doesn't really have a theme to make it pop.
What the fuck? You admit DKC1 doesn't have very strong of a theme beyond "natural" and "industrial", yet think DKC3's well-executed yukon wilderness theme doesn't count? Come on dude.

>Kills Armadillos in one hit
>Can kill Klump by jumping on him
>Can kill Krushas period

>>Can kill Klump by jumping on him
I have to ask but why weren't Klumps like opposite Krushas where they were invulnerable everywhere except if you roll into them with Donkey?

This was my favorite, I loved the setting, loved the worlds.

I loved the travel on the overworked. The collectibles, Kiddy was a bit of a fag but I liked Dixies speed and helicopter moves.

Loved Wrinkley's Save Cave with the n64 in there, and the Banana Birds you rescued.
Funky being the cool mechanic, his music was fun.

Fucking loved the Christmas themed cheat code you could use to make the bonus levels play christmas music and presents or whatever to collect.

Great cheat codes, actually. Tuft? I can't remember them off the top of my head.

The Lost World was cool. The game had tough bosses overall mostly.

Don't understand the hate, as far as I'm concerned it goes DKC 3 > DKC 2 > DKC > DKC R.

I didn't like the changes in Donkey Kong Returns. Don't like the health system, and it just doesn't feel right. Needs Kremlins.

I've heard DKR Tropical Freeze is really great but it just doesn't feel like a DKC game, from what I've seen. I'll probably pick it up on the Switch.

3 is easily my favourite game in the series.

it was the 90's, that would have been seen as too obvious and autistic. Game design wasn't like that back then.

Modern game design is ALL about that.

>Well this character does X then Y so we OBVIOUSLY need a character that does Y THEN X

Another example of this assymetrical game design is how DK has that special "ground slap" move in DKC1 that barely does anything at all except occasionally spawn a banana and attack some enemies.

Also the barrel balancing, it's in the game but there's literally no real purpose for it you can just do it for flavor and it's up to the player to make it useful.

The only version of the game I've enjoyed was a brown/blue colored bootleg version for the gameboy

I want to try it again and give it a fair chance but Kiddy felt like pure shit. His roll was fucking garbage.

to be fair, their are few threats in real life that cannot be neutralized by throwing shit at it.

>DKC1

>Most of the bosses can be beaten by jumping on their heads, even the final boss

>DKC2 comes out, my cousin invites me to play it for the first time

>Enjoying it immensely

>Get up to the first boss

>"REEEEEEEEE FUCKING PIRATE VULTURE IS INVINCIBLE WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?"

>"WHY ARE THEIR COINS IN HIS NEST!?"

>"JUMPING JUST BOUNCES OFF OF HIM AWKWARDLY"

>injure him once

>he starts doing entirely new patterns

>manage to hit him a few more times

>"WHY ISN'T HE DYING"

>the vulture is filling the screen with big falling eggs that can't be picked up

>frame rate starts to dip between all the falling eggs and the rain effects

>"WHAT IS THIS IMPOSSIBLE BULLSHIT"

youtube.com/watch?v=sz4V8GJONT0