What would you like to see in Smash Bros for the Switch?

What would you like to see in Smash Bros for the Switch?

dovahkiin because reasons

>New Donk City stage
>Inkopolis Stage
>Takemaru, Saki and Sable as Playable characters
>Inklings, Rex and Pyra, Spring Man as Newcomers.
>Less Fire Emblem stuff.

>return to melee speed+physics but not shit like L-canceling
>new Subspace emissary
>Travis Touchdown

Smash 4 but with more patches, I enjoy watching the chaos of patches.

Takamaru
Elma from Xenoblade X
Rex and Pyra from Xenoblade 2
Bring back Snake
I guess I don't really care that much about anything else. Before Smash 4 even got DLC I couldn't fathom anything else than what was already in the base game. I'm expecting some real bottom of the barrel shit in the next game.

>Less Fire Emblem stuff.
This is a poor way of thinking. Less Fire Emblem newcomers is fine with me. But they should never ever remove a character I feel.

Something that is different from smash 4

Goku

fluid physics

Do we really need Five Fire Emblem reps? Six if they add Alm or Celica in the next one.
Konami won't play ball.

No one cares. He's right. Less FE characters is the best solution.

Inkling boy and girl as newcomers.

Melee mechanics

>Proper classic mode
>Adventure mode with branching paths and bosses
>Proper break the targets
>Smash Tour deleted
>More unique events instead of just "beat that character with this character"
>Tag Team mode where you pick 2-5 characters that switch on KO
>Stages that don't have hazards, bosses, walkoffs and transformations coming out of their ass
>Omega mode just turns off hazards instead of making every stage FD
>Less rehashed music/stages/assets
>Equipment and stats deleted
>Custom moves either removed or all unlocked by default
>Items made less overpowered and chaotic
>Better menus
>General gameplay improvements that aren't deliberately anti-competitive. Make the game faster and more aggressive.

more Metroid representation that isn't Ridley. I still stand by my stance that one of the space pirate variations could make an interesting character depending on how sakurai spins it

A more robust stage builder, with gimmick objects and the ability to add geometry to the foreground and background of levels. Trophies could be used as static level objects.

A single-player adventure mode of some sort. A mix of Melee's Nintendo-themed levels and Brawl's Subspace Emissary style of exploration would be nice.

More complex movesets with context-sensitive attacks. ie, Link shoots a bomb arrow if he fires an arrow while holding a bomb.

Stages in general should be smaller and less hectic. A primary gimmick is fine, but the focus should be on allowing the players to fight, not distracting them with hazards.

Costumes you can unlock for characters. Bonus for making them hidden in single player levels.

Customization returns, but no randomized gear. Instead there is only gear that gives effects, and it's all purchasable with coins from a shop menu.

Lastly, regarding trophies, maybe just don't throw in whatever. Make them proper sets to collect, themed around a series, a specific game, or whatever, and completing a set nets you a coin bonus.

DJ Octavio since Inkling is guaranteed. He'd be cool as heck to play.

>more big surprises, because those are probably the best thing about Smash imo
>Super Mario Odyssey-related stuff (this is pretty much 100% guaranteed anyway)
>reeeeeaaally out there and completely unnecessary, but a story like Brawl
and you know balancing stuff and quality of life changes and general improvements and all that stuff

Make it so that you can only do 1 airdodge until you touch the ground
and add Travis

Realistic graphics.
Smash wii u looks like absolute garbage

Maybe Sylux.
He would probably be some sort of boss.

>Spring Man with Ribbon Girl or Springtron as alt skins
>Max Brass heavyweight clone of Spring Man
>Dr. Coyle as a similar but non-clone character because there's not enough villains in Smash and no female villains at all
And none of those are even my favorite ARMS character but oh well we'll probably only get the first one anyways.

Oh and also TRAVIS MOTHERFUCKING TOUCHDOWN.

My suggestion for the single player is to save some fucking money and do the cut scenes in 2D rather than multimillion dollar CG stuff. Subspace was a herculean effort. Also, make the physics work for platforming and the enemies less spongy.

do you really want brawl art style again?

Gohan Blanco

Brawl still looks good today. Smash 4 gets old after a few days

Saki should finally be playable.

ARMS could pull a Bowser Jr
>Spring Man
>Ninjara
>Misango
>Ribbon Girl
>Min Min
>Dr. Coyle

Don't know who else you could fit without some serious work though. Twintelle's hair being her weapon kind of screws her out of the deal.

Travis fucking Touchdown.

>The only eshop icon to suddenly get a game 5 Fucking years later, an actual sequel too and not just more of the same

My nigga Travis is all I want

Lemme just go ahead and get this out of the way.

Fuck the roster. They could delete half of it and add no new characters and I'd be outright happy if they instead made the game fun to play again.

Excellent taste

Excelent taste in tastes

characters that are rigged and animated properly. no more clothes and joints clipping into eachother all the time with sharp polys protruding out. I don't need 2B's ass level of detail but just something better than this.

It’s near impossible due to the amount of shit the character models go through

They can’t make every single detail of cloth not clip

For them not to remove any characters

All I want is Ridley on the roster. I hate myself for still giving a damn. It's never happening why won't I stop wanting it?

A guy can dream can't he?

Never stop believing my guy, I'm not a ridleyfag but we'll make it one day

Style Savvy rep and stage.

What I truly want is my man Kid Cobra but I know there's absolutely no reason for him to be in

Also this dude I've never played his games but he looks like a cool guy who deserves to be in Smash

An option to turn off stage hazards without turning the stage into FD.

Never ever.

If you want Melee, go play Melee.
Hate fucks like you.

People might hate me for it but Toon Ganon.

Melee was the last time the series was actually fun and not just roster wanking.

I still don't get the complaint for 4's classic mode since it's literally the same as before, it's just that now you pick what opponents you have

hakurai removed from the dev team

Dillon has a fucking ace artstyle

Don't worry user, I can guarantee you that people will indeed hate you for that suggestion

>Implying we are getting a switch version when the console is already selling so well
Nope. Get ready for just another release of 4 but with a few more maps at best.

>Crash Bandicoot and/or Coco bandicoot
>kefka
>Mars people from metal slug
>A new donk city stage
>Gannon gets a calamity gannon final smash
>Shantae
>Shovel Knight because that fucker cameos in every other game
>Hollow knight
>KosMos
>Bass.exe
>Cactaur
>The cop from Lupin the 3rd
>The Doomslayer
>a Zergling
>Space Pirate
>Neku or Joshua from The world ends with you
>Mai Shiranui or King from KOF.
>Chun lee
>Millia, I-no, or Bridget from guilty Gear

M O M EN T U M
Fucking momentum on jumps, god dammit. Especially if they're going to do something like Smash Run again, that shit was so fucking jarring.
>get ten million sanics per hour worth of speed powerups
>jump and all the speed fucking vanishes until you land
What the fuck was that, why the fuck was that

Flops don't get 2 characters

>no female villains at all
How easily they forget.

I'm okay with fire emblem characters, with one caveat: You only get one character per class. Fuck, I'll give them two sword users, since Marth is never going to leave, to give them space to shill the latest FE. Throw in six goddamn FE characters, but give me a tome user (no they don't get a backup sword they can robust niggers with their books if they need to I don't care), an axe user, a spear user, a pegasus knight, throw a fucking dancer in there or something holy shit just lay off of the swords.

Have 'em work like Pokemon Trainer, and it'd all be good.

Also John Cena, Trump and ugandan knuckles

Plugg as a new kirby rep

>Arle beated in Votes on Japan to both Bayonetta and Cloud
>Amitie and Ringo can't even make it to the Top 50 even through they are more Shilled by Sega
PRAISE ARURU

Doomguy

I'm sorry wendy baby please forgive me I didn't mean to do you dirty like this

>fire emblem warriors comes out
>they said they wouldn't add all the series protags because it would overload the roster with sword users
>game ends up being more than half sword users anyway
Fucking hilarious

Now I want Style Savvy to get more popularity cause it's a cute chill game but they'd definitely have zero way to come up with a moveset for something like that. Even Villager had some ideas to build on.

I literally don't just want Melee you cunt. I want melee physics and speed without autistic tricks like L-canceling and Wavedashing.

What I Expect:
- All DLC included with no new DLC planned
- Smash Run added but no other returning 3DS levels
- Gamecube USB plug support, no 3DS controller support

What I Dream Heavily Stamped Into Reason:
- Brawl minigames included
- Both 3DS and Wii U challenge modes available
- Extra character skins
- Snake and Wolf

At this point I don't really care who else gets in. The only thing I want is for Rosalina and Luma need to get fucking nerfed. They are nothing short of fucking retarded.
And don't even get me started on Cloud's bullshit. Having a chargeable "I win" button that also enhances performance that cannot be removed and works with damage given and taken, unlike Little Mac's "I win" button.
>but it's OK because sometimes his recovery is lackluster.

An actual NINTENDO character would be nice

1up'd even in her own series.

I wonder if the Broodals will show up as a stage hazard or something in an Odyssey stage

im going to be alone here but i'd like to see them take a break and forgo making smash for a gen. Make a VERY special one. Sakurai has lost his love for it. I think the man has earned a generation to brew on it instead of being rushed into making another one.

The switch is doing fine, and if they come out with a mainline pokemon that alone will carry it. they don't NEED smash like the Wii u did.

On that note, I didn't expect New Donk to be midgame with all the publicity it got. Wonder if it'll still be the obligatory Odyssey Smash stage.

Okay if you want the game to not change at all play 4.

>Not wanting the dream crossovers of your childhood
That's stone cold heartless

Please.

$0 poorfag here. My Wii U broke long before Smash was ever announced and I never got around to buying another one. I've been watching Smash 4 shit recently and I want to play it fucking super badly. Should I just get a Wii U and Smash 4 for hopefully cheaper eventually, or just get a Switch and wait for the inevitable Smash 4 port of Smash 5?

t. Guy who hasn't played Smash since around a month after Brawls release

The Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan

If they can make Captain Falcon, Olimar, Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, Little Mac, Duck Hunt, Pacman, Palutena, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer work as fighters, then there's no excuse not to do Ridley. Even more so after they pulled 5mash ZSS moves and design out of their asses.Anyone who disagrees just wants to start shit or is unimaginative as fuck.

>still just an assist trophy a decade later
IT'S NOT FAIR

fewer*