So

So
Is it safe to say this is the best game ever made?

Not the best game ever made but still very good and one of the best SNES games.

It's a 10/10 for me. I've never played a more perfect game.

Top 5

If you like shitty games, yeah.

Elaborate, plebian

Same.

Not only does the game have no real flaws, it manages to have a perfect difficulty curve that is simple enough to play but insanely difficult to master. The game teaches you how to play in very creative ways and each level is unique and distinct.

It is Shigeru Miyamoto’s masterpiece, the single best game ever made.

Dark Souls > Yoshi's Island > Spelunky

>Platforming is a joke because of hover jump
>Enemies are a joke because you can instantly eat almost every enemy in the game, or just throw an egg and watch it clear out the entire room
>If you somehow get hit you can't actually die, just catch baby mario and you're fine

Game is absurdly easy. Don't confuse speedrun tricks that you don't have to do and the game doesn't encourage you with the actual mechanics of the game. On top of that it's just fucking annoying to listen to, it suffers from being one of the worst tech demos by using the special chip hardware to fill the game with annoying as fuck yoshi/baby mario sounds, and to pad the gameplay with dumb gimmicky shit and needlessly large levels that reward exploration by giving you meaningless prizes or more boring ass levels to play.

Calling this game "super mario world 2" is a fucking travesty, it does everything that game did well and does the exact opposite.

Egg throwing is shit and fluttering makes platforming pointless. Also it and the DKC series are responsible for the deluge of collectathon garbage that ran rampant in the 5th gen.

The only flaw I can say it has is that there are certain stages that are almost 100% impossible to score 100 on because the sprite limit gets too high an causes red coins to despawn. Otherwise it's as close to perfect as has been humanly possible to date.

Faggots will complain about crying baby mario, but that's entirely subjective.

>>Platforming is a joke because of hover jump
>>Enemies are a joke because you can instantly eat almost every enemy in the game, or just throw an egg and watch it clear out the entire room
wanna know how i know you haven't actually played the game

>It's subjective that you're annoyed by a sound that humans are biologically programmed to find annoying and something they want to prevent

>DKC series
>collectathon
fucking how
there are a couple hidden bonus areas that aren't really required for anything, that's not a collectathon
fuckin nsmb has star coins, is that a collectathon

yes, it is entirely subjective to call baby mario's cry a "flaw".

About as close to perfect as you can get, at least.

Wait, what? Are you referring to the bonus levels?

Definitely not.

I didn't say they were a collectathon, I said that they were responsible for collectathons. Learn to read.

Yoshi's Island and the DKC series both had a heavy focus on finding collectibles and graded you on the collectibles you found. This focus on collectibles would turn into collectibles being the core progression mechanic of games in the 5th generation.

*appears outside of your sight radius*
*disappears outside of your sight radius*
*doesn't respawn no matter what*
*leaves you confused why you're missing one red coin*

I remember red coins despawning on a level in world 3 because of sprite limits. I don't remember which level though.

Are you sure you don't mean missing a Shy Guy?

Go to bed Joseph Anderson

>names two nitpicks
>shitty game

I mean despawned red coins because of exceeded sprite limits.

>Not getting so good at egg throwing you just bounce them off the walls to catch them when they become red eggs

I've played through the game front to back a good half dozen times, and thats never happened to me.

Can you give an example?