Why do so many people get angry when you say you want Bloodborne 2? It's not a...

Ryder Bell
Ryder Bell

Why do so many people get angry when you say you want Bloodborne 2? It's not a story focused game like The Last of Us, and even though BB is probably top 5 ever for me it's not a perfect game.

Combat can be improved.
Chalice Dungeons can be improved.
Build Variety can be improved.
Covenants can be expanded upon.
Beast and Kin form can be expanded upon.

People who obsess over the lore and meta-narrative need to calm the fuck down. Nobody wants BB2 to be a direct sequel that expands on the Yarnham story, they want to see the gameplay evolve and improve.

Gavin Robinson
Gavin Robinson

you want it but it will not happening.

Juan Murphy
Juan Murphy

Only in different setting, but there wouldn't be any point to call it bloodborne 2.

Henry Bell
Henry Bell

shadows die twice will not be bloodborne ATLEAST but I still think bb2 will not happen ;__;

Liam Young
Liam Young

ppl want new ips, also their is old Japanese caligraphy so it cant be bloodborne

Benjamin Bennett
Benjamin Bennett

Because Fromsoft can't into Souls sequels, why would Bloodborne be any different? Even if it's a decent game, it would still inevitably be a disappointment in many ways. Has very little to do with "muh lore" and everything to do with the quality of the core mechanics and gameplay content. Better to just make another new unique IP with new interesting ideas.

Gabriel Fisher
Gabriel Fisher

Only in different setting, but there wouldn't be any point to call it bloodborne 2.

For Sony there's a point, because Bloodborne already has brand recognition. You could easily set it in Loran it something.

Thomas Barnes
Thomas Barnes

From has proven time after time that their new IPs are muchnbetter than their sequels.

Grayson Walker
Grayson Walker

Two reasons:

1. I want a new IP with similar mechanics. The story of Bloodborne is finished. Bloodborne 2 would just be milking the IP past its potential.

2. FROM said they weren't going to make a sequel.

Xavier Murphy
Xavier Murphy

Two reasons:
1. I want
stopped reading there

Christian Gonzalez
Christian Gonzalez

I like the idea of it more than them actually making a game that may possibly tarnish the game’s legacy. I hope it’s a new IP.

Jeremiah Gonzalez
Jeremiah Gonzalez

OP are you really THIS lacking in self-awareness?

Camden Adams
Camden Adams

Sequels already ruined Dark Souls.

Juan Roberts
Juan Roberts

Remember Dark Souls 2? We don't need that happening again.

Ryan Brown
Ryan Brown

you don't need a fucking sequel to every fucking game you retard

Asher Adams
Asher Adams

This guy gets it. Please, dont fucking ruin it.

Tyler James
Tyler James

it seems people forget how involved sony's japan studio was in the making of bloodborne

Jace Taylor
Jace Taylor

Bloodborne babbies would just get mad because it would be multiplatform.

Jose Jackson
Jose Jackson

Because it will be exclusive

Benjamin Hernandez
Benjamin Hernandez

angry
more like they tell you'll never get it

there are no references to niponland in BB

Nolan Cooper
Nolan Cooper

I'll give you an honest non-troll answer.

I don't want a sequel to Bloodborne because I feel like Bloodborne is a perfectly complete package on its own. The story is self contained, the gameplay and variety isn't lacking, the areas of interest were shown enough to let us explore them without taking away from the mystery of the setting. Part of why the world and setting are so engaging is the amount the game leaves to your imagination, having another look at yharnam could easily just oversaturate the concept and cheapen it. If you don't want to go back to Yharnam then make a different game altogether, not bloodborne.

As for build variety, I think that the ideas of the game don't let itself to more than what's on offer. A hunter is a hunter, and a hunter uses the tools of the trade. It's not like Dark Souls where you can be any kind of fighter or warrior or mage or thief you want. Bloodborne is an action game first and an RPG second, and as far as customization and variety are concerned it has plenty enough to give lots of variety without cheapening the idea of what you're even supposed to do/be to begin with. Add too much variety and the term hunter loses all meaning. If you just want the gameplay without the setting or story then it doesn't need to be bloodborne hell it doesn't even need to be made by fromsoft. Plus, it's not a character focused game where you'll want to see where the characters next adventures take them.

Since I'm kind of lazy and I have a character limit on Sup Forums I'll just sum it up by saying Bloodborne was great on its own and isn't in need of expansion, so much so that a sequel is more likely to cheapen or tarnish the original than surpass it. Here's a quick selection of things that were originally great but then became shit by going on too long or by adding horrible sequels. The Simpsons. Guild Wars. Dragon Age. The Saw movies. My parents marriage and likely your parents marriage. I hope you get the point.

Adrian Flores
Adrian Flores

I...
Agree with you user. Bloodborne autists are some of the worst folks on Sup Forums.
I played it, it was great. Who gives a flying shit about the lore, as long as the sequel is well-made I'd enjoy it.

"The IP is dead, babby wants new ideas!"
It's a Souls game in everything but name, you're a fool. It's about gameplay/mechanics, not the lore. Another one is fine.

Nathan Allen
Nathan Allen

Blooooorne
Again with this fan made logo. Why this one?

Juan Moore
Juan Moore

Nobody wants BB2 to be a direct sequel that expands on the Yarnham story, they want to see the gameplay evolve and improve.
Except Yharnam is known for its obsession of blood and the lore reasons
if you change the place but keep the obsession with blood you get Dark Souls 2
You may as well make a new IP
Also, nobody gets angry at wanting BB2, they only ever get stupid reasons why they want a sequel and mention that it is unnecessary

Hunter Bell
Hunter Bell

Bloodborne was lightning in a bottle, and from is incapable of recapturing it. They often fall back on referencing themselves endlessly with sequels. They make a great setting once, and then just point back to it in the future.

Tyler Torres
Tyler Torres

Loran
Loran is fucking dead
Buried by sand

Joshua Garcia
Joshua Garcia

make really good detailed art and body
ruined by anime face
I don't actually understand this
I love anime but this picture just didn't need it

Jace Myers
Jace Myers

If they made a sequel it would either have to retcon the first game or have nothing to do with it since the ending implies that the story repeats itself either with ng+ or a new character depending on which ending you get.

Julian Johnson
Julian Johnson

The dlc made the game perfect. Don't touch it.

Ian Johnson
Ian Johnson

Name 1 sequel that didnt shit all over the first game. You cant.

Josiah Carter
Josiah Carter

Because sequals to great games almost never live up to them.
If you want improved combat, build variety, covenants etc etc then wish for a new IP in the same style instead.
For example. Dark souls 3 is the sequal to Dark Souls. and because of that they were restricted what changes they could make, the mechanics and design of bosses etc. It made improvements to combat, expanded uppon covenants etc etc. And while I think it is a good game, it is nowhere close to Dark Souls. But when they created a new IP instead (BB) then all the restrictions were gone, it opened up a whole new world and the results is an amazing game.

The same thing would happen to Bloodborne 2.

Elijah Scott
Elijah Scott

we don't need another Kojima situation where they're stuck making sequels they don't want to make that inevitably get shitty once they exhaust the ip of good ideas

Gabriel Miller
Gabriel Miller

You think nobody cares about something just because you don't. Hundreds of thousands of people watch lore videos on YouTube, potentially millions if the viewerbase is split among different YouTubers. I always watched ENB but I've never seen a VaatiVidya video for example. Not only do the players clearly like it but obviously it was a large part of the game for Miyazaki and FROM themselves, the game, the interviews, and the design works books make this as clear as day. Stop being so closed minded and thinking that your values = everyone's values. Bloodborne didn't get a cult following people will be talking about console generations ahead of now purely on gameplay alone.

Sebastian Gonzalez
Sebastian Gonzalez

Nobody wants BB2 to be a direct sequel that expands on the Yarnham story, they want to see the gameplay evolve and improve.
So what they've been doing from DeS to DS all the way to BB without being chained to the lore?

Mason Taylor
Mason Taylor

Why do so many people get angry when you say you want Bloodborne 2?

i dont understand why anyone would care. not gonna lie, i will happily lap up rehashed souls titles, i thoroughly enjoyed every one, even if each can be criticized for their own flaws. they're just plain fun.

Luke Robinson
Luke Robinson

*crickets*

Isaac Martin
Isaac Martin

get a life loser AND QUICK

Nicholas Baker
Nicholas Baker

gee op I dunno

Liam Torres
Liam Torres

So Bloodborne 2 would be better than the original? Awesome

Bentley Lopez
Bentley Lopez

I like DS2 too but let's not get silly

Levi Barnes
Levi Barnes

From have proved that they either can't or refuse to make good sequels in the current era.

DeS -> DaS -> BB is a better trilogy than DaS -> DaSII -> DaSIII

Robert Lee
Robert Lee

Two things that have two be in bloodborne 2:

More variety and quality in chalice dungeons
More variety in NG+, like shard placements getting updated and chests with low tier gems being replaced with better ones

If bloodborne itself had these it would be the only game I'd ever need

Austin Parker
Austin Parker

chests with low tier gems being replaced with better ones

This would not even be a difficult fix, I wonder why they didn't do it. If you don't want to do chalices your only choices for good gems at farming brainfucks at mensis or fishing hamlet

Tyler Moore
Tyler Moore

Miyazaki hates NG+ it seems. Even DaS2 had a somewhat worthwhile NG+, if only the main levels weren't so lame

Luis Wright
Luis Wright

Chalice Dungeons can be improved.
Yeah, by completely removing them.

Jacob Howard
Jacob Howard

This desu. From has proved that they don't know how to tackle sequels. They are at their best when doing their so called 'Spiritual successors' or formula twists.

Carter Brown
Carter Brown

I'd like a completely new IP more than I'd like a BBII, since Dark Souls has proven conclusively that FROM is better at pulling an entirely new setting out of their ass, and knocking everyone's socks off with it, than they are at not fucking up their own lore and mechanics in sequels.

I'll be happier to see whatever this Shadows Die Twice thing is than BBII, even if it isn't Japan Studio.

Adam Clark
Adam Clark

I honestly believe DaS 3 was the worst. It literally felt like playing a fan made game that was trying to cater to dark souls 1 as much as possible.
At least DaS 2 gave you some fresh shit and some really unique armors weapons. I mean for fucks sake DaS 2 had high heels.

Wyatt Morris
Wyatt Morris

for all its flaws, DaS2 is still a great game in the grand scheme of things, and frankly ive always thought it has more replayability than most of the other titles given its massive amount of weapons/gear/spells, viable build variety, huge DLC content, actually good PvP, power stancing, and so on.

Matthew Parker
Matthew Parker

this for sure. DaS3 had the worst build variety of any souls title (including BB), the worst level progression (even if you have a couple "branching paths" it feels linear as fuck) and the most bland, same-y areas in the series. i played through it twice, once with the DLC and both times i felt like i was forcing myself to finish it.

the boss fights are often pretty awesome though and are really the only high point.

Jacob Diaz
Jacob Diaz

You may as well make a new IP
Exactly.

Carter Cook
Carter Cook

Comes down to personal preference. When DaS2 was announced I was hoping to see how a new age of fire would play out and how much weight the events of the first game could've had in it. A year later, I'm playing a game with next to no conection to the first game and that is trying too hard to make their characters and world interesting enough to live up to the measure of the first game. If anything, DaS2 felt like a fan made story ripping off the settings of the first game.

Aiden Campbell
Aiden Campbell

massive amount of weapons/gear/spells
like every game
viable build variety
Soul memory
huge DLC content
no comment
actually good PvP
Depends on who you ask. PvP in 2 was way too slow for my liking

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit