Twice the content of either Dark Souls or Dark Souls 3

David Carter
David Carter

twice the content of either Dark Souls or Dark Souls 3
balanced combat
insane variety of weapons and armor
secrets out the ass
Why does Sup Forums hate this game again?

All urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SRTfcMeqhig
youtube.com/watch?v=mtf-2nz6je4

Jayden Bailey
Jayden Bailey

quality > quantity

Easton Fisher
Easton Fisher

Because it's fucking garbage like the rest of Dark Souls.

Jayden Hall
Jayden Hall

Soul Memory

Lincoln Morris
Lincoln Morris

to name a few adp doesnt have three rolls muddy graphics sm dark wood grain ring filthy hexers
cant remember anything else right now because im tired and autistic

Jack Long
Jack Long

a fucking pile of rubble

Jordan Hernandez
Jordan Hernandez

dogshit bosses
dogshit areas
enemy despawning
movement/fighting feels like ass
gank squad enemies
LOL RUBBLE
branches of yore
insane amount of weapons and armour you cant actually customize your character with until you're at least 1/3rd of the way through the game
adaptability
the forest with invisible enemies you cant fucking see even with the torch
the fucking area immediately after
ornstein fight for no reason, with a dead end bonfire immediately after making his fight completely pointless

Jose Butler
Jose Butler

Your reply

James Torres
James Torres

oh, and how could I forget the magnetized grab that the orcs and other enemies have

Hudson Rodriguez
Hudson Rodriguez

oh you mean the dancer

Jose Stewart
Jose Stewart

no, I mean the fucking orc at the beginning of the game in things betwixt

and the pursuer's sword

and literally any fucking enemy with a grab attack

Angel Smith
Angel Smith

What a great game this was, no one can say otherwise. Especially that matosis faggot!

Jacob Peterson
Jacob Peterson

You forgot the most important thing. Making funny looking characters.

Aaron Diaz
Aaron Diaz

thanks for confirming the dancer of boreal valley

John Roberts
John Roberts

I finished Dark Souls II when it released but never had a chance to play the DLC. SOFTS edition for ps4 is on sale now, should I?

Jaxon Morales
Jaxon Morales

Because muh B team. DS2 haters ruined the series, that is how we ended up with the boring repetitive samey looking turd that was DS3. DS2 will be remembered as the best souls game in the years to come.

Easton Campbell
Easton Campbell

figuratively git gud

Angel Fisher
Angel Fisher

eat shit. if Im not even within 3 feet of their fucking hands, how is it my fault that Im suddenly being eaten or thrown to the ground

Luke Hall
Luke Hall

Having trouble with one of the easiest bosses of the game

Benjamin Young
Benjamin Young

confirmed for typical contrarian edgy hardcore soulsfag

Carter Carter
Carter Carter

Who the fuck is this idiot and why is there art of him about to fellate something

Ryder Hernandez
Ryder Hernandez

Are katanas good?

Grayson Gomez
Grayson Gomez

clearly im baiting and youre falling for it the boss is ez but i heard retards complaining on the steam forums about it all the time

Ryder Harris
Ryder Harris

It has hotline miami 2 syndrome

Everyone said they liked the first game because it was hard. Devs start the difficulty curve at where the last game left off. Everyone who considers themselves "masters" at the old game are now fanny frazzled they have to learn something new or try something different, and retroactively poop on the game to make themselves feel better for only being one level above a casual player.

Not the first time this has happened and it won't be the last

Mason Sanchez
Mason Sanchez

DS3 > DS2 > DS1
Fite me

Lucas Hall
Lucas Hall

No thanks, I don't plan on imitating your plebbish behaviours

Levi Price
Levi Price

Because most of Sup Forums haven't played it since the PS360 version or the PC launch version, which were both busted to fuck.
Between patches, DLC and SOTFS it's improved a lot. I hated it at first too but I replay the entire series in order once a year and DaS2 has grown on me.
The build variety is ridiculous, everything is viable early and scales smoothly, there's none of that "this build is shit until you find X" that all of the other games suffer from.
But it still has shit graphics, weird controls, the worst soundtrack in the series, and the second worst story in the series.

Yeah that happens in every game in the series. DaS2 is only worse because it gives you the option to keep ADP at base and create hilarious webms, but if you're playing the game seriously and have spent more than 30 seconds discussing it online, you know that leveling ADP is a good idea, so it's not even a valid criticism anymore. If leveling up was slow like DaS1 then mandatory ADP would be a flaw but you level up ridiculously fast.
Take ascetic as gift, kill Dragonrider and Dragonrider NG+ with fallstrats, crunch both boss souls and spend it all on levels. Boom, 5 minutes in and you're level 50 with enough ADP for the whole game, and you haven't even swung a weapon yet.

Anthony Morgan
Anthony Morgan

What's with the amount of contrarian pro-DS2 threads lately? It's not like I'm surprised seeing how many Mass Effect and Oblivion nostalgia threads are being created, but still, it's never been to the point where there are 10 of these every day

Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey

yes, the DLC are pretty top tier

Brody Cruz
Brody Cruz

it's just fundamentally bad

Luis Hernandez
Luis Hernandez

DaS2 only second worst story
no fucking way, it was the absolute worst of the series.
Also, Nashandra and Aldia were fucking trash final bosses.

Landon Wood
Landon Wood

You only have to cheese your way to lvl100 as soon as you start the game for it to be playable!!
You sure convinced me this game is not a piece of shit.

Samuel Bailey
Samuel Bailey

Everyone who considers themselves "masters" at the old game are now fanny frazzled they have to learn something new or try something different
This. People forget that in their first playthrough of DeS/DaS they had to resort to greatshields and heavy armour, they had to spam projectiles and get enemies stuck in the environment, they had to grind for levels, they had to summon help. Everyone struggled and used every tool available on their first playthrough, and that's part of the fun, you couldn't just steamroll it without trying like every other RPG on the market at the time. Then they got gud and learned to beat the game naked with just a Longsword and assumed all that skill would carry over to DaS2, which is a drastically harder game than DeS or DaS.

Just look at criticisms of Shrine of Amana for a perfect example. The game gives you magic barrier, shields that block 90% magic, the option to upgrade a shield to block 100% magic, shields that parry magic, invisibility spells, a thousand different bows and crossbows to fight back with. But everyone chooses to ignore these options that trivialize the level, wade in with a Longsword, die, then call it bad level design.

Austin Diaz
Austin Diaz

leveling up is "cheesing"
You're really bad at videogames anon.

Austin Martin
Austin Martin

Best in the series
Soul memory was the best idea ever
And i'm not even sarcastic

Asher Long
Asher Long

having your head this deep inside your ass
Seriously, this is just embarrassing.

Samuel Myers
Samuel Myers

Because you actually have to be good at it.
Roll spam and stacking 1000000 poise doesn't work past the first few bosses.

Ethan Clark
Ethan Clark

Who here actually enjoys the series? It seems like all you fags only care about arguing about which one is the best one (when it doesn't matter because it's all opinion) and not the games themselves.

They're all good games, and crying about DS2 or BB or whatever is so fucking stupid.

Logan Ortiz
Logan Ortiz

defending Shrine of Amana
wtf, do you have Stockholm Syndrome or something?

Nathan Perez
Nathan Perez

Dont forget
best pvp

Blake Lewis
Blake Lewis

I just started DS2 tonight (I have played and beaten 1 and 3).

I went in with a pretty critical mindset from all the hate it gets but I was genuily surprised. I’m not far in but so far really digging everything. The atmosphere seems a bit more likeable for the lack of a better word and I actually like the feel of the controls/combat quite a bit.

Anthony Powell
Anthony Powell

fk me this is why gaming is abysmal these days.

I HATE CUSTOMISATION AND BEING ABLE TO PLAY A GAME IN MORE THAN ONE WAY

also a lot of your points are literally
I am bad so the game should is too.

Asher Harris
Asher Harris

kek

Jordan Campbell
Jordan Campbell

Those are not the things that made Dark Souls great.

Parker Edwards
Parker Edwards

if I was bad at the game, why did I beat just about all of the bosses my first or second try?

Zachary Peterson
Zachary Peterson

there's a npc after ornstein. you never played the game anon

James Miller
James Miller

Because the gameplay is clunky as fuck and not fun

James Russell
James Russell

ya got me

good thing that NPC isnt used for anything except opening up a covenant.

Joseph Reed
Joseph Reed

Weapon memory + SL matching is better, even with SM you can just use the agape ring, get in the DLC and get a few +7 or +8 weapons, so you don't inflate your SM.
Plus truly new and bad players will die and lose souls, advance in SM in higher tiers but still be low level. Even SM as it is is flawed, it should only count spent souls (either at mearchents/blacksmiths or by leveling up).

That being said, SOTFS is still the best overall souls game.

Robert Kelly
Robert Kelly

hating Shrine of Amana
wtf, do you have bad at videogames syndrome or something?

Henry Hernandez
Henry Hernandez

Lol keep dreaming 2 fag.

Asher Jones
Asher Jones

confirmed for zero reading comprehension

Robert Barnes
Robert Barnes

Nothing to defend, it's a decent level with lots of secrets.

Adam Morgan
Adam Morgan

Need "fallstrat" cheese to beat Dragonrider
Can't start at a new playthrough without cheesing 10M souls
Can't beat Last Giant without being lvl50
Still call other people "bad at videogames"
This is bait, nobody is that retarded.

Joseph Wood
Joseph Wood

defending Shrine of Amana
I just read anon's post. No where in it is he defending Shrine of Amana. Learn to read, nigger.

Hunter Hughes
Hunter Hughes

empty words.

I HATE GAM THAT WHY I DEVOTE MYSELF TO IT

Aaron Stewart
Aaron Stewart

Just like Ash Lake.

Cameron Gomez
Cameron Gomez

you suck at the game
no I dont, I beat the toughest enemies in each area very easily
IRRELEVENT, GAME IS FLAWLESS

Elijah Lewis
Elijah Lewis

I cant beat the three sentinels boss. First off the walk from the bonfire to the boss has a super hard to land jump if you want to use the shortcut. Its hard to land and then there are dogs trying to mess up your positioning as you jump. 40% of the time I died there.
Then the boss itself is fucking 2v1 at best in a clunky 1v1 combat oriented game. Plus all the sentinels move fast as fuck and have ranged attacks.

Lucas Ortiz
Lucas Ortiz

people that hate on ds2 are literally retards. literally. retards.

you cannot open yourself up to good points of the game and also play it a huge amount of time.

ds2 is a good game. it might not give u hard on for pixels like the others (seemingly evident) but it's a good game... learn to not use your ego to make urself seem like an unlikable retard.

Thomas Hall
Thomas Hall

first five minutes into the game
"Get ready to die over and over again! That's why people play these games right?"
get to Majula
xxxxxxxx total deaths worldwide
It's like they just completely didn't understand the games at all.

Luis Ramirez
Luis Ramirez

DS2 has less bullshit and "LOL GOTCHA" moments and deaths than DS1, it is way more fair with a new player than DS1.

Jordan Brooks
Jordan Brooks

Vast majority of the areas were crap.
Vast majority of the enemies were crap.
Vast majority of bosses were crap.
Awful world layout.
Soul memory.
Adaptability
Shitty and weightless animations.
Seriously. Have you seen the running animation for the Falconers before the Forest of Invisible Pricks?
Lazy item descriptions that ask questions
Enemies have insane levels of poise.
Durability managing to be even more annoying than the other games.
You can break chests.
Enemies can break chests.
Only way to tell if a chest is a mimic is to hit it.
Far too many useless Pharros' Contraptions
Far too easy to become over-leveled with how bosses throw souls at you
Hollowing decreases health, while failing to understand how Demon's Souls balanced the game with it in mind
Hexes require that you level INT and FTH and then require you to spend souls on top of that
Bait and switch demo
I love a lot that DaS2 had and did, but it's a joke when compared to the other four.

Nicholas Bennett
Nicholas Bennett

excellent response

rather that back it up with LITERALLY any argument, all you can do is spout the word retard over and over again

Brody Rodriguez
Brody Rodriguez

DS1 has prepare to die on the cover, but I guess it's ok when Miyazaki does it.

Ryder James
Ryder James

ur a retard, nice pic of urself. anyone with a semblance of intelligence would read this discourse and shudder in disbelief of how much humanity can fall to retardation. you are the epitome of that said retardation. bb now

Jayden Taylor
Jayden Taylor

another nonexistant argument

buh bye, dumbass

Gabriel Turner
Gabriel Turner

good thing that NPC isnt used for anything except opening up a covenant.

opens up the arena
hunt down sinners
is also a merchant

Aaron Collins
Aaron Collins

anon dies to grab attacks because he chose to not level ADP
calls anyone retarded
You should at least learn the basics of the game before you try and express opinions on it.

Christian Sullivan
Christian Sullivan

I played about half of DS2 but haven't played in a while. I like it generally so far
dogshit bosses
Yeah I beat a bunch of them first try by circlestrafing with a shield up
enemy despawning
This doesn't even prevent grinding (especially with how many level ups you get early game) so I don't understand why they even did that stupid shit
Why does everyone say that? I didn't find it that different to 1
gank squad enemies
Can be fun if you don't try to cheese them
branches of yore
Fuck that bullshit
Just move slowly and look for silhouettes m8
ornstein fight for no reason, with a dead end bonfire immediately after making his fight completely pointless
There's a covenant guy or something behind him but yup that entire part of Heide's Tower felt kind of pointless. Especially with the dragon in front who you can kill just as easily

Xavier Cook
Xavier Cook

see

John Adams
John Adams

What's with the amount of contrarian pro-DS2 threads lately?
they only came after the release of the lack luster DaS3 DLC

Matthew Wood
Matthew Wood

he released a really bad video defending ds2. It was really opinionated and hypocritical and contradictory. he glossed over the things that ds2 actually did better than the first game and just took all the criticisms, didnt dispute them and just said "yeah but this is a good thing"

Isaiah Flores
Isaiah Flores

That's just as idiotic for sure but it's not in the actual game. Nowhere in the other games do they push the difficulty meme that hard.

Matthew Richardson
Matthew Richardson

opens up an arena only used for PvPing, nothing actually relevant to the world outside
hunt down sinners, also only PvP related and unrelated to anything in the game
merchant for selling covenant items and nothing actually related in any way to anything outside of the covenant

WOW, THANKS FROMSOFT

Jayden Anderson
Jayden Anderson

Hollowing decreases health, while failing to understand how Demon's Souls balanced the game with it in mind

You just negated your own points, good job.

Julian Cruz
Julian Cruz

This doesn't even prevent grinding (especially with how many level ups you get early game) so I don't understand why they even did that stupid shit
Well it's so bad players can finish a zone even if they suck. So much for the "ur gonna die xd cliche"

Noah Gomez
Noah Gomez

still not an actual argument, keep crying

Juan Allen
Juan Allen

There's a covenant guy or something behind him but yup that entire part of Heide's Tower felt kind of pointless. Especially with the dragon in front who you can kill just as easily

It's pointless in PvE.
The statues down by the bonfie transport you into PvP arenas, same with the Undead Purgatory.

Austin Ramirez
Austin Ramirez

DLC main areas and bosses are better than the base game (that doesn't take much effort), but the side "co-op" areas are complete cancer and some of the worst in the series.
The new last boss is a total flop too.

Grayson Campbell
Grayson Campbell

Enemies have insane levels of poise
use a mace then
you clearly haven't played the game
Only way to tell if a chest is a mimic is to hit it
You clearly haven't played the game
Far too many useless Pharros' Contraptions
Literally the point of the mechanic, its gambling kappa, you clearly haven't played the game
You wouldn't be hollow if you were better at the game, but you clearly haven't played the game anyway
Hexes require that you level INT and FTH and then require you to spend souls on top of that
Damn

Luke Jones
Luke Jones

Undead Purgatory at least had an interesting boss fight
Ornstein was only "interesting" insofar that he's proof that he can't do shit on his own without absorbing Smooch first

Daniel Morgan
Daniel Morgan

Kek

Zachary Thompson
Zachary Thompson

You should at least learn the basics of the game before you try and express opinions on it.
Hum yes, just give me 200 more hours.

Sebastian Ortiz
Sebastian Ortiz

the DLC is okay. don't have super high expectations and you should enjoy yourself.

Kevin Martinez
Kevin Martinez

You're the only one here who clearly hasn't played the game, Anon.

Michael Murphy
Michael Murphy

Reminder that all classes but the Bandit and Mage start with the equivalent of a DS1 midroll but with less recovery frames, it's more of a midroll-fastroll hybrid.
You don't need to level ADP at all till you get to the DLC or endgame areas, unless you're truly awful.

Jaxon Rogers
Jaxon Rogers

Ds2 is the worst on the first playthrough and the best on subsequent ones. So much variety compared to the others, and the fast levelling means you get to complete a build and have fun with it fairly quickly, unlike the others

Elijah Hall
Elijah Hall

The dude is mostly wrong but that's no reason to go full obnoxious with the "hurr durr you're bad if you ever die in this game" shit

Ryan Perry
Ryan Perry

the controls and combat are a travesty when compared to the other games.

Evan Murphy
Evan Murphy

You only need 2-4 hours to learn to roll late.
But if you still haven't gotten the hang of it in 200, then maybe you simple lack any talent in this franchise.

Wyatt Barnes
Wyatt Barnes

I've played it a lot, almost as much as DS1 and BB. I know almost everything about it.
I meant that human effigies are not at all hard to come across

Matthew Ross
Matthew Ross

Shitty rolling and movement mechanics
Trailing hitboxes
Most areas are boring (imo)

Jonathan Rogers
Jonathan Rogers

DS1 and DS2 are both 9/10 games.
DS3 is a 8/10 game.

Ayden Hall
Ayden Hall

at least I don't need to cheese my way to lvl50 before even starting forest of giants.

Ryan Ortiz
Ryan Ortiz

I was gonna say that some people don't want to run around human but then I remembered DS2 has invasions even while hollowed, so you are correct. Carry on

Robert Ramirez
Robert Ramirez

Because for every one thing they did right, there's two they fucked up unforgivably badly

Justin Lee
Justin Lee

All areas till Drangleic Castle are easy even at SL1.

Ayden Perez
Ayden Perez

use a mace then
The fuck are you on about? The game is littered with enemies that tank through ultra greatswords like its nothing.

Dylan Jones
Dylan Jones

I finished it fairly recently. I had a fair amount of fun but the flaws are everywhere. Feels like it was directed by a dozen different people. Also 90% of the bosses are incredibly lackluster. People who said Aldia was a good fight are fucking liars, sure he's not nearly as bland as Nashandra, but still pretty lackluster. And for some reason they made it so you can fight him before completing the DLC (though he's not actually relevant to the DLC areas at all besides making a couple references to it), which made him even more anticlimactic. Fume Knight is okay but not amazing.

Only half-way decent bosses in Dark Souls II SOTFS:
Flexile Sentry
Executioner's Chariot
Darklurker
Sinh
Sir Allone
that's it

Everyone else is either forgettable or total dogshit. And I'm being generous with bosses like Flexile Sentry because even though it's piss easy I really like it conceptually.

Ayden Reyes
Ayden Reyes

Real talk why don't people like the controls? I don't mean to open with what is essentially an ad hominem but is it because they don't like the idea of having to commit to every action with no easy way out? The whole "you can instantly turn 180 degrees between every single swing of the sword" shit that the others have has always seemed and felt silly to me, for a game that tries to have as much depth as possible surely you want your swinging mechanics to be a nuanced as possible to encourage play and counter-play based on knowing your swing angles, how far you can turn with and between each, and where it's safe to go in for an attack on someone based on their swinging pattern/moveset. I love the series as a whole but it still feels retarded how non-commital everything is in DaS3, you can turn on a dime, roll super fast out of fucking everything, have 9 trilliong rolls even at base stamina and taking a sippy takes less time than the human eye takes to blink.

Xavier Nguyen
Xavier Nguyen

i love mathew

Gavin Gutierrez
Gavin Gutierrez

Best boss in the entire series coming through

Gabriel Perry
Gabriel Perry

Nope, even the horses in Frigid Wastes stagger after 3 2H claymore hits.
Only the giants in memories have tons of poise.

Asher Myers
Asher Myers

The regular mace can carry you through the whole game, easily. And those enemies (Lion Hobos, Gold Knights, etc) have really, painfully slow attack startups. All you gotta do is press the dodge button, my man.

Ryder Watson
Ryder Watson

okay, lots of DS1 veterans will know that almost every enemy can be beaten by circling around him, what do we do against that?
give some of them attacks where they fall on their back and crush you with almost no reaction time?
yeah sounds great! what do we do about the same thing for bosses though?
it's fine just give them all a sword and a shield players will never figure out to get close and circle

Jayden Baker
Jayden Baker

Feels like it was directed by a dozen different people
Maybe not a dozen but to my understanding it did suffer MASSIVELY due to dev shenanigans. IIRC the original dude in charge fucked it up so bad that they had to pull someone else in and pretty much go "Here's the mangled remains of a game, you have 15 minutes to give us a finished product." which is why it feels incredibly disjointed in places (the harvest valley windmill - iron keep transition being the most visible (and memed on) example of this), pretty sure the initial plan was even for it to be open world, which explains even further why it feels in a lot of places like shit was just stitched together in the best way they could manage, because it most probably was.

Kevin Garcia
Kevin Garcia

People who blindly hate DaS2 are absolutely cancer that has resulted in the retardation of the series though.

It's because of you people that, instead of the games progressing by offering a varied variety of useful tools and giving incentive for the player to use them, we get everything after having you mindlessly iframe through everything, because that's what you fuckers asked for.

Carson Campbell
Carson Campbell

this was one of my favorite games back when i was a poorfag, i finished it around 2 times on 360 and 8 times on pc.

Daniel Sanchez
Daniel Sanchez

muh content
i hate this argument, both ds1 and ds3 delivered good amount of content for $60 game
doubling or tripling that amount without any quality or effort put into it doesn't mean jack shit
i rather play a great 10 hours long game than a "ok" 20 hours one

Isaiah Smith
Isaiah Smith

why do I suddenly have to pump souls into a stat when the dodging was fine in DS1
WOW, FUCKING FAG, WHY DO YOU WANT SO MANY I-FRAMES

kys

Alexander Ortiz
Alexander Ortiz

Not that guy and I haven't finished the game so please excuse my unfounded opinion, but I also think a lot of enemies have way too high poise (or great weapon poise damage is too low, I suppose)
The fucking turtle warriors are my bane, every time I attack them with a big weapon, they refuse to get staggered and they can winddown AND attack again faster than I can even swing once

Aaron Sanchez
Aaron Sanchez

You forgot: Smelter, Veldstat, Pursuer, Ruin Sentinels, Sinner, Freja, Rotten, Ivory King, Fume, Elana.

Wyatt Moore
Wyatt Moore

using the fire paper
Honestly...

Andrew Barnes
Andrew Barnes

good thing its got quality pvp

Gabriel Scott
Gabriel Scott

I think some YouTuber one time said it was shit so all of Sup Forums jumped on the hate bandwagon.

Landon Long
Landon Long

lost sinner
smelter
good

implying the Rotten is anything but pure dogshit

Cameron Cooper
Cameron Cooper

actually defending adaptability

Samuel Reed
Samuel Reed

If only he were alive today to read that ;_;

Ethan Smith
Ethan Smith

Why is Rotten bad?
He has tons of moves and actually requires proper rolling.

Nathan Parker
Nathan Parker

Yui is literelly at fault for everything shitty about DS3 and I want nothing more than for them to remove the multiplayer from all future games so the PvP retards have to go back to playing smash or whatever fake fighting game they like.

Austin Rogers
Austin Rogers

but anon I don't WANT anything to be different :(
different is bad and scary and I might not be good at it so I want them to release the same game over and over again, filling each new entry with even more Dark Souls references, man I loved the first game! wasn't Andre so EPIC?? man I love that he shows up in this one with no explanation, I'm glad miyazaki sure isn't a gigantic fucking hack! :D

Zachary Parker
Zachary Parker

car bombs have taken another hero

Jeremiah Robinson
Jeremiah Robinson

easily telegraphed attacks
just a flat blob of meat designed to waste your time
copy paste aoe from asylum demon

Kevin Scott
Kevin Scott

implying the Rotten is anything but pure dogshit
The Rotten is literally Nito without his skeletons to back him up

Brayden Perez
Brayden Perez

I dont understand this comment

Hudson Carter
Hudson Carter

He has tons of moves
he has 4

Jordan Howard
Jordan Howard

What weapon are you using?
Are you 2handing?

Brayden Hill
Brayden Hill

You cut that out.

Xavier Hernandez
Xavier Hernandez

dark souls 3
quality

Nolan Hall
Nolan Hall

project harder

Cameron Brown
Cameron Brown

fucking based.

Logan Lewis
Logan Lewis

trying this hard to fit in

Levi Williams
Levi Williams

Smelter
Terrible, and the DLC adding another one was incredibly lazy.
Veldstat
'member Demon's Souls?
Pursuer
Mediocre shockingly easy boss, annoying recurring enemy.
Ruin Sentinels
One of many terrible multi-enemy fights.
Sinner
Only memorable for how annoying the lock-on is, otherwise another forgettable swordsman.
Freja
Dogshit.
Rotten
Forgettable.
Ivory King
Interesting setpiece, and finding all the knights to make the fight easier is an interesting concept, but the actual boss is lackluster, and the pre-boss mob fight is a boring slog.
Fume
Okay but not amazing, first phase is uninspired and the second phase is too easy. The best thing I can say is that he's way better than any of the """co-op""" DLC bosses.
Elana
Better than Nashandra I guess? Still pretty lazy overall.

Daniel King
Daniel King

argument is this. you're a fucking retard. we have our evidence. case closed. have a nice weekend ;)

William Barnes
William Barnes

Still waiting for arguments.

vertical slash
horizontal swipe
punch
2 hit combo
3 hit combo
grab
explosion

Parker Sanchez
Parker Sanchez

your evidence being that I suck at the game despite beating the bosses, and never playing it despite having 28 hours in it

Eli Stewart
Eli Stewart

It's just a game, Bro. A shitty one, but a game none the less.

Lincoln Thomas
Lincoln Thomas

Because the enemies do turn 180 while swinging. And the game heavily focuses on gangbang fights where monsters constantly try to surround you. Making fighting them off a chore because you can't turn around fast enough.
Restricting the player makes the game feel like total ass, and they didn't only fuck with weapon angles, but throwing/shooting/casting too, where you can only aim in like 3 angles if you don't lock on or use binoculars/first person view.
The rollspam in 3 is a design flaw too, where the player was given too much safety, because all the enemies like to chain 10 fast wide arcing attacks in a row.

Nicholas Hall
Nicholas Hall

completely agree. a friend of mine recommended dark souls to me as the super cool uber hard game for pro gamers such as himself. when I partied up with him online once he said I was playing the game wrong because I was using equipment that was too good. fucking retard.

Dylan Bailey
Dylan Bailey

woops meant to say swordsWOMAN* since Lost Sinner is actually a woman you know

Hudson Gonzalez
Hudson Gonzalez

I cannot read.
I will post regardless.

WHELL XKSCUSE ME BUT YOU'RE WIT-OUT AN ARGUMENT.

look in the mirror for 30 seconds, I know it's very difficult

Brayden Ross
Brayden Ross

Horrible enemy and level design. That powerstance gimmick was a mistake.
PvP is the best in the series, sure - dueling and shit. But one has to suffer severe brain damage to play Dark Souls game for the PvP. It's basically spamming rolls at the right time with a target lock on.

Joseph Harris
Joseph Harris

I cant read

you're right, you cant

Jordan Clark
Jordan Clark

But one has to suffer severe brain damage to play Dark Souls game for the PvP.
T H I S
Even Miyazaki has said multiplayer interactions was never the focus of the games, who could possibly enjoy the rolling/R1 fest that PvP offers?

Easton Cruz
Easton Cruz

I agree about the enemy/level design but power stancing is fun as fuck. If anything it slightly saved the combat for me.

Jackson Watson
Jackson Watson

because all the enemies like to chain 10 fast wide arcing attacks in a row
I wish they'd given themselves more of a gap between BB and DaS3 because maaaaaan does it show. They were very obviously still in the BB design mindset for a large portion of the enemy and movement design of 3 and you can really feel it if you've played BB.

Brody Rodriguez
Brody Rodriguez

This new to 4chan

Isaiah Wright
Isaiah Wright

Still waiting for arguments.
No you aren't.

Nathan Fisher
Nathan Fisher

Good thing everyone agreed Smelter was the best boss and make you look dumb

Connor Rogers
Connor Rogers

it's another thread of people who played vanilla DS2 at launch and think it still applies
meanwhile having fun doing dumb fucking builds because while the geography is strange it's still the most fun DaS game in PvE

Henry Thompson
Henry Thompson

sorry, your autism prevents you from reading emotion

Brody Cox
Brody Cox

what are you even talking about

besides the fact that I couldnt give 2 shits what Sup Forums's opinion on smelter is, people called it a terrible fight all the time

Austin Wright
Austin Wright

Smelter
Terrible, and the DLC adding another one was incredibly lazy.
Why is he terrible?

Veldstat
'member Demon's Souls?
Hopefully not, that game was trash.

Ruin Sentinels
One of many terrible multi-enemy fights.
So DS2 a game that's balanced for multi enemy fights via omni-directional rolling does a 2v1 and it's bullshit, but when DS1 does it without omni-rolling it's ok?

Sinner
Only memorable for how annoying the lock-on is, otherwise another forgettable swordsman.
Artorias without the spin slash is now terrible? Also the lock on has bad range in the dark, that's a returning DS1 mechanic. Also you can light the fires to make it not dark.

Freja
Dogshit.
Why?

Brandon Wright
Brandon Wright

You're just proving my point.

Aiden Bell
Aiden Bell

Is there a single well designed level in Das2 besides Forest of Fallen Giants and maybe Lost Bastille?

It's designed like a gauntlet instead of a world that constantly loops back on itself, instead just lazily copypasting bonfires to cope for it.

Jayden Myers
Jayden Myers

This level of cognitive ability.

Still waiting on your argument.

Austin Sanders
Austin Sanders

All of them besides Harvest Valley and Shaded woods.

Nathaniel Kelly
Nathaniel Kelly

I dont think you even know what you're saying anymore

Jack Gonzalez
Jack Gonzalez

no-one, not even you, know what point that is. you would take any victory scenario, even one where you don't know what the hell has occured. because you've not experienced it

Ryan Price
Ryan Price

Keep at it, Sonny Boy.

Jackson Lee
Jackson Lee

you would take any victory scenario, even one where you don't know what the hell has occured. because you've not experienced it

what the fuck are you even talking about

Brody Fisher
Brody Fisher

It could lead to some interesting moveset, sure. But the whole idea of dualwielding is pretty retarded. Even that double-daggered rouge meme, that haunt fantasy forever.
Except for a rapier and a parrying dagger combination. Bud parrying dagger is effectively a shield build not to deflect blows, but to receive them and trap weapons - it was only possible because of the use of rapiers and other light weapons. One does not parry even a longsword with one.

Leo Rogers
Leo Rogers

hey this thing from X game is trash!
'but it's basically a copy of this other thing from Y game, and that thing is universally agreed to be good'
yeah well Y game is shit!
literally impossible to have a discussion about a souls game without this happening at least once

Cooper King
Cooper King

Velstadt looks cool and all, but the actual fight is dogshit easy 2sing1overhead like all the other armored dude fights. (there is a reason why ds2 gets shit for this after all)
Ruin Sentinels is a piss easy 3man fight where you don't even have to fight them all at once. They also have some terrible hitboxes.
Freja is a joke.
Elana is a slightly better Nashandra (and Nashandra was dogshit)
Rotten is a 2sing1overhead fight where the boss barely even moves
Smelter is a adp/greatshield check

Josiah Cruz
Josiah Cruz

remember good things about DaS 2
try to go back and play it
running is locked in 8 fucking directions and moving the character feels sluggish and awful
all weapons have shitty flaccid mocap animations that are even slower than in DaS 1 but also lack any impact
enemies barely react to your hits, using the biggest weapons in the game on royal soldier hollows just kills them by passing through them like butter, in any other Souls game (even DeS) huge weapons sent enemies fucking flying
this is why Dark Souls 2 fucking sucks, the terrible world design, shit bosses, ADP, and Soul Memory are just icing on the cake. it's a shame, because the game is fucking huge and does have a ton of variety but it is simply not fun and feels like shit to play.

Xavier Kelly
Xavier Kelly

I mostly like No Man's Wharf, some of the enemy placement is annoying but I like the shortcut at the end and ringing the bell to summon a boat is neat. It may not make any fucking sense from a world design perspective but as a self-contained area it's decent enough. The DLC areas are also pretty good.

Aaron Nguyen
Aaron Nguyen

Is there anyone more autistic?

Henry Richardson
Henry Richardson

at least /dsg/ over on /vg/ can have actual discussions on DS2 and the other from games.
you should go there sometime, they're cool dudes

Parker Gomez
Parker Gomez

shame that's entirely your opinion and sadly that holds absolutely no merit nor weight. better luck next time

Joshua Sanders
Joshua Sanders

but it's basically a copy of this other thing from Y game

That's what makes it shit though.

Nicholas Davis
Nicholas Davis

@404099923

lost sinner is artorias without the spin slash

extreme level bait

Jayden Price
Jayden Price

Yes, the same few moves every boss in 2 has.
Only difference is he is fat and barely moves.

Ryan Bailey
Ryan Bailey

We should just call you, "Nitro Man," since Chill Man is clearly too much for you.

Colton Ortiz
Colton Ortiz

fucking kill yourself DaS 2 fag, it's OBJECTIVE FACT that running is locked in 8 directions and heavy weapons do not have the same impact as in previous games. For fucks sake, if you go up to the royal soldiers (the first enemy in the fucking game) and hit them with a power stance heavy attack from dual fucking zweihanders it doesn't break their guard.

Nathan Perez
Nathan Perez

If they put DaS3s PvP/online babby mode training wheels onto the DaS remasters PvP/online I'm going to fucking ascend to the 12th nether-plane of anger

Cooper Diaz
Cooper Diaz

first time you've used the collective noun eh, and in this case it doesn't even make sense for you are projecting a falsehood that anyone would hold your opinion or likenesses

Cameron Johnson
Cameron Johnson

How does this make you feel?

Nathaniel Smith
Nathaniel Smith

so you're telling me you played the game enough to experiment past levels most average people do and yet you stir hate into it? why don't you improve your life instead of looking for ways to worsen it.

u guys r boring.

Kevin Adams
Kevin Adams

actual discussions on DS2
I still remember when talking about DaS2 in literally any way that wasn't expressly and obviously shitting on it would have people (and luci) come out of the woodwork to spam you with (You)s saying ">he's literally defending DaS2 right now xDDDD" etc. Those were dark times and I'm glad the general is actually capable of some kind of discussion and actually able to admit that every game has pros and cons.

Robert Allen
Robert Allen

The powerstance moves look cool and all, but most of them are just worse than using a weapon 2handed. Offhand weapons dealing % less dmg makes dw simply shit if you aren't using a few very specific weapon combos that have unique animations or special properties.

Kevin Watson
Kevin Watson

you havent played it
yes I have, here's my playtime
wow, whyd you play it so long if you hate it, loser

Kayden Nguyen
Kayden Nguyen

dude why did you play the new entry in one of your favorite series' to the end hoping it would get better lmao
wew, if I hadn't played it you would say "hurr u didn't even beat it"
u guys r boring
back to facebook

James Scott
James Scott

feels like I looked at an anime picture posted by an autist. so... ?

Lincoln James
Lincoln James

Do you feel flat or do you feel like you are spinning out of control?

Eli Ross
Eli Ross

what are beast blood pellets

Anthony Cook
Anthony Cook

er what. nice way to feed false dictomy to falsify an argument. I know that's WAY WAY beyond ur comprehension but w/e. I don't need to be told I've won like other people I just have.

Dylan Gomez
Dylan Gomez

Mauler.

Julian Hill
Julian Hill

so this is the power of the DS2 defence force

Hudson Russell
Hudson Russell

Because it is cool and edgy to hate on dark souls 2. Don't you want to fit in on this anonymous memes and frogposting board where no one knows who you are or even if you are one poster or the next?

Tyler Evans
Tyler Evans

So DS2 a game that's balanced for multi enemy fights via omni-directional rolling
Too bad they removed your ability to turn while attacking, or aim spells/firebombs freely d:-)

Hudson Perez
Hudson Perez

I'm done talking to a filthy, deluded, DS2-defending mobile poster.

Eli Hernandez
Eli Hernandez

Man who memed his opinion into reality
Relevant

His taste is trash tier and his explanations are meaningless. Anyone who parrots someone else's opinions in place of their own is a waste of space

Nolan Wilson
Nolan Wilson

i think it's grown on all of us. i hated vanilla (even tho i have 129 hours in it) and also SotFS for the first few months.
Then I came back and played it like a clone, not like a Souls game and it's excellent. And now it's one of my favorite Souls games. it's different, not bad.
I hate how DS3 feels like such a fucking cashgrab in linearity, nostalgiagrabbing and general dicksucking.
It's the mechanically best one, no doubt, but that alone doesn't make a game great.

Fist weapons also suck in all other games but DS2 for some reason and i fucking hate it. let me punch that giant fucking demon, DS3!

Brayden Jenkins
Brayden Jenkins

None of those have a 2swing 1 overhead combo, but Smelter.

Connor Rodriguez
Connor Rodriguez

it's cool and edgy to hate on what is vastly the most disliked game in the series

Jacob Anderson
Jacob Anderson

You can still do that, just don't queue the attack while rolling, do it after the roll.

John Morgan
John Morgan

BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=SRTfcMeqhig

Landon Young
Landon Young

Totally irrelevant character outside of the dlc
In place of someone who we actually care about from the series
Flashy but easy to dodge and generally boring moveset
Ugly design

Nah, he's okay but not that great. Literally anything from BB is better

Gabriel Sullivan
Gabriel Sullivan

The fuck are you on about?

Xavier Young
Xavier Young

resorts to an e-celeb video to make his argument

wew lad

Joseph Adams
Joseph Adams

Have you tried DaS3's Caestus and/or Demon's Fist?

Owen Stewart
Owen Stewart

it's shit

Austin Barnes
Austin Barnes

Oh sorry the 2swing 1thrust totally doesn't count

Dominic White
Dominic White

His video was forced so hard around here when it came out that I find a hard time believing it wasn't him or people pushing it as a meme and it's what pushed the DaS2 hate so hard

There were people who hated it like every other game but it was so oppressive and widespread until his video

Oliver Foster
Oliver Foster

Fist weapons also suck in all other games but DS2 for some reason and i fucking hate it
You have no goddamn idea just how much I agree my man. I started a random DaS2 run years ago because I was bored and did a dual caestus build as a literal fucking joke and then it turned out to be the most fun build I've E V E R done and it's still my favourite to this day. And then 3 comes out, I eagerly snatch up the caestus the first chance I get, two-hand it for the dual mode, engage an enemy aaaand... hit like a fucking wet noodle against concrete.

not him but imo on top of hitting like a piece of wet paper the fist weapons in 3 feel super slow compared to 2. It's been a while right enough but IIRC dual-caestus L1 in DaS2 came out super fast, in 3 it feels so fucking slow in comparison, especially given how much weaker it feels.

Ethan Fisher
Ethan Fisher

I found caestus run in 3 to be quite fun, tho it did suck dicks at the start

Christopher Baker
Christopher Baker

Dark Souls 2 should have been called Demon's Souls 2

Jaxson Ortiz
Jaxson Ortiz

Demon's Souls' name wouldn't have saved it from mediocrity.

Eli Hall
Eli Hall

Das2 is a superficial copy of Dark Souls, it's serviceable, it plays fine, but it lacks little moments of game design genius that even Das3 displays multiple times.

Jaxon Sanchez
Jaxon Sanchez

Is Dark Souls 3 good?

Dominic Rodriguez
Dominic Rodriguez

It sits at a comfortable 7/10 for me.

Carson Howard
Carson Howard

I have more than 800h on it

Samuel Jones
Samuel Jones

it's the mechanically best one
I strongly disagreem DaS 3 made heavy armor not only useless but actively terrible because it provides no benefit but still requires tons of levels into VIT to wear, it has the worst balance in the series (DEX and straightswords are vastly superior to everything else) and whereas rolling in DaS 1 was a great system where you had to be really light to have a great roll or use heavy armor and have a medium roll, DaS 3 makes everyone have the exact same fucking roll and the roll is ludicrously OP. DaS 3's gameplay is a bastard child of DaS 1 and BB, lacking the strengths of either of those combat systems individually. I fucking hate how they tried to make DaS 3 super fast, that's what fucking Bloodborne is for keep Dark Souls combat slow and tactical.

Brandon Parker
Brandon Parker

twice the content of either Dark Souls or Dark Souls 3
only because it's the worst souls game bundled with the DLC.

balanced combat
ADP exists so its not Balaced

Jason Richardson
Jason Richardson

that's what fucking Bloodborne is for
this. I love both of them (idort so I'm above console-war plebs) but if it goes "SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" and flails a bunch it belongs in BB, not DaS.

Owen Reyes
Owen Reyes

i wish i could remove all traces of ds2 existing, just thinking about it makes my stomach spin. the most disappointing sequel to anything in the entire universe

Carter Watson
Carter Watson

DaS2 fans
SCHOLAR FIXES ALL THE PROBLEMS

Ummm, no. SotFS still has ADP

Jaxon Sullivan
Jaxon Sullivan

Except heavy weapons are sitting on top of the food chain right now.

Wyatt Moore
Wyatt Moore

the most disappointing sequel to anything in the entire universe

Jacob Miller
Jacob Miller

If you level it up to 33, you end up with one more iframe than fast roll in DS1.

The real issue with SotFS is that ganking is even worse.

Brayden Clark
Brayden Clark

Noah Price
Noah Price

sequel
It isn't a sequel though. Kys

Grayson Watson
Grayson Watson

The real issue with SotFS is that ganking is even worse.

that to. I have no idea why the trolls spout that meme

Ayden Barnes
Ayden Barnes

Dark Souls 2 is not a sequel

Lucas Anderson
Lucas Anderson

yeah, it's a spin-off chinese game

Michael Barnes
Michael Barnes

It isn't a sequel though

except the devs said it was

Isaac Hill
Isaac Hill

It isn't a sequel, have you even played it? Dark Souls 3 is a sequel to 1. Dark Souls 2 has its own story and lore and has nothing to do with 1.

Fucking retarded Dark Souls 1 elitists.

No they didn't.

James Stewart
James Stewart

Drangleic = Lordran
All the areas resemble those of the first game.

Carson Howard
Carson Howard

Dark Souls, Dark Souls II and Dark Souls III are all really great games. The best franchise of the decade. None of them are perfect, but they are all top tier.

Brandon Butler
Brandon Butler

No it isn't. What little evidence there is points to Drangleic being Thorolund.

William Sanchez
William Sanchez

Thorolund is a human kingdom in the real world, not a magic/afterlife place

Eli Torres
Eli Torres

yes, but it only takes shape at around 30/30 "skilled". until then you're dancing like a madman and trying to hit anything slightly bigger than a humanoid means you're hitting air most of the time, like said.

Tried to make a Blue Flame build just the other day and weapons that deal majorly magic damage seem weak af compared to pure phys counterparts. Any other build you guys'd recommend or am i going to have to do a bone-fisting run again?

Owen Reed
Owen Reed

It's a good game
It's not a good Souls game

Xavier Campbell
Xavier Campbell

No, Its god awful. But 2 is up there in terms of shittyness.

Grayson Flores
Grayson Flores

dogshit bosses
Bed of Chaos
dogshit areas
Lost Izalith
enemy despawning
What's the matter? Wanted to farm for Souls to make the boss easy?
Your shitty opinion
gank squad enemies
What, you can't even beat a gank squad?
LOL RUBBLE
LOL DOOR
branches of yore
And? These were fantastic. Dark Souls III is less for the decision to not have Branches of Yore, Pharros Lockstones or something equivalent.
insane amount of weapons and armour you cant actually customize your character with until you're at least 1/3rd of the way through the game
In what fucking world is this a negative
Seriously, read that sentence again
Are you okay?
adaptability
Resistance
Actually you can cast Vow of Silence and they all get a huge ass aura so you can pinpoint each and every one
Failing that if you're a huge pussy you can change the lighting in your game settings to see them quite easily
the fucking area immediately after
Shaded Woods? What's wrong with that? Did Lion Warriors rape you as a child?
He's guarding a covenant. And it's probably not Ornstein, just a pretender. And people were bitching about how they wanted to 1v1 Ornstein after DS1. I don't expect you to have been around for that though since you were born in 2015.

Alexander Torres
Alexander Torres

in the real world
Where do you think Lordan and Drangleic are?

Jayden Ortiz
Jayden Ortiz

Just because it doesn't directly continue the story doesn't mean it's not a sequel you fucking mongoloid, if it has a 2 in the title it's a sequel.
has nothing to do with 1
Except for the fact that all the lord soul bosses are explicitly stated to be reincarnations of the lords from DaS 1 and all the reappearing equipment. Also like said they pretty clearly meant for Drangleic to be Lordran after like 1000 years but then retconned this in DaS 3.

Lincoln Smith
Lincoln Smith

Resistance
it's not tied to a vital gameplay mechanic. Adaptability is.

Nathan Stewart
Nathan Stewart

drangleic is a purgatory realm you would know it if you played the game

Nathan Thomas
Nathan Thomas

It would have made so much more sense if the elevator went down
But it's not like from could be bothered to do that

Cooper Lewis
Cooper Lewis

I dont understand this comment

it's what DaS2 trolls to. Point out something bad in their game and they go "b-b-b-b-but DaS1 also did it" even if they try to stretch the connection

Dylan Gonzalez
Dylan Gonzalez

I want to play

dogshit bosses
Wolnir
dogshit areas
Catacomb, Smouldering Lake, Profaned Capital, Anor Londo, Undead "oh you wanted to collect everything in one run?" Settlement
LOL RUBBLE
LOL DOLL
adaptability
luck
Smouldering Lake/ODK

Oliver Green
Oliver Green

all the lord soul bosses are explicitly stated to be reincarnations of the lords from DaS 1
No they aren't
Drangleic to be Lordran after like 1000 years but then retconned this in DaS 3.
But they didn't, the descriptions in DS2 speak about lordran as a far away land across the sea.

Just kys.

Ryan Gutierrez
Ryan Gutierrez

drangleic is a purgatory realm
there is literally no evidence for this aside from the nonsensical opening cutscene, Drangleic is clearly meant to be a real kingdom with a history, citizens, and past wars and shit and that's just looking at DaS 2's lore, DaS 3 100% objectively confirms that Drangleic was a real kingdom.

Juan Martin
Juan Martin

Literally one old lady at the beginning of the game says "You will lose your souls over and over again"
Not one single character says even the WORD "die" in regards to you
Death counter monument which won't even tell you your personal deaths unless you're offline, like the phantoms and bloodstains it exists to show you that you're not struggling alone

PREPARE TO DIE EDITION
Bloodstains a huge staple of the series
FORCED death in Duke's Archives, something DS2 and 3 NEVER do

Leo Gomez
Leo Gomez

People's problem with Resistance was that it didn't do anything. Problem solved.

Nice dude
I liked the Catacombs and Demon Ruins though

Dylan Morgan
Dylan Morgan

That is the single stupidest theory I've ever heard regarding DaS2.

Lincoln Hill
Lincoln Hill

What's the matter? Wanted to farm for Souls to make the boss easy?
No I want to farm the fucking ARMOR SETS because god damn Dark Souls 2 thought it would be fucking HILARIOUS to make tons of armor and weapons locked behind absurdly low droprates (or even black phantoms that spawn fucking ONCE) and then also make enemies despawn after a mere 15 kills. Fuck you.

Blake Watson
Blake Watson

The firekeepers saying that I would die over and over just felt like miyazaki laughing at me atop a giant pile of money

Dominic Scott
Dominic Scott

Yeah okay I agree with you on that one then.
Stuff like the Ruin Sentinels are okay since there's enough of them, but that Aurous set...fuck that.

Blake Cruz
Blake Cruz

no they aren't
on NG+ The Duke's Dear Freja drops the "Old Paledrake Soul", the Rotten drops "The Old Dead One Soul", Lost Sinner drops "Old Witch Soul", etc. all of which are described as ancient souls that once held great influence over the land. You are fucking delusional, commit suicide.

Jack Morgan
Jack Morgan

Resistance is bad, therefore adaptability isn't bad.
Do you understand how your logic is flawed here?

Connor Young
Connor Young

xxxxxxxx total deaths worldwide
Isn't that in DeS too, though?
b-but it's back because DS2 did it!

Leo Ortiz
Leo Ortiz

Lmao what?

Benjamin Brown
Benjamin Brown

back
*bad

Cooper Lopez
Cooper Lopez

Opening movie, things betwixt NPC dialogue, and some item descriptions confirm it

Zachary Price
Zachary Price

Just stop.

Oliver Roberts
Oliver Roberts

he thinks the transition to lash lake makes no sense, but it does.

he's just trying to say that DaS is just as bad as DaS2

Jason Sanchez
Jason Sanchez

I liked the Catacombs and Demon Ruins though
I thought the Sup Forums hivemind hated chalice dungeons? Or is it okay when a PC game does it

Andrew Murphy
Andrew Murphy

dialogue
Nope.
items
Which ones?

Luke Lewis
Luke Lewis

why did DaS 3 have so much shittier graphics than BB?

Lucas Butler
Lucas Butler

Too bad they removed your ability to turn while attacking
No they didn't

Turn it on in the options menu

Landon Moore
Landon Moore

The opening movie and Things Betwixt just imply that Bearer travels through time to Drangleic.
DaS3 100% confirms this. It confirms that the Crown Ending is canon. It confirms that Drangleic existed as an actual kingdom. It confirms that Drangleic invaded The Ringed City.
NPC dialouge
Like?
Some item descriptions
Like?

Luis Nguyen
Luis Nguyen

why the fuck would Drangleic have a deep history of warfare and have the whole story revolve around Vendrick stealing from the giants and the queen tricking him etc. if it wasn't a real fucking kingdom? There is literally nothing to support your shit theory.

Joshua Murphy
Joshua Murphy

I remember when Virgin vs Chad images weren't just "thing I don't like vs thing I like".

Adrian James
Adrian James

p-please stop proving me wrong with evidence!

Jack Howard
Jack Howard

I fucking love chalice dungeons and I wish they were in DS3, even in all their unfleshed-out glory.
Their only crime is that they we're not properly realized. So much potential rushed out of the door as usual.

Dylan Campbell
Dylan Campbell

No, they're not.

And heavy armor is still fucking useless

Jacob Ross
Jacob Ross

I'm not the guy you're responding to but:

I mean, you're not wrong, but that's not "explicitly stated". It's in the game, but it's in NG+, so its "canon-ness" is up for debate. I happen to believe they are indeed reincarnations of a sort, but Drangleic is not Lordran. If a Lordvessel (of which we now know there are multple) could find its way to Drangleic it's obvious that the Lord Souls could as well.

Landon Powell
Landon Powell

You aren't proving anything other than you are dumb.

Jaxson Collins
Jaxson Collins

Twice the content of Devil May Cry
balanced combat
insane variety of enemies
secret missions out the ass

Grayson Ortiz
Grayson Ortiz

I've never played Bloodborne though so maybe that's why I liked them.

Totally fucking blew the shit out of DS1's Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith. It was fantastic.

Also, I only play on PS4.

Adam Sullivan
Adam Sullivan

The game explicitly states that Vendrick traveled across the sea, fought giants, and brought back a prize. His prize was likely the Lordvessel. BAM! There's your Lord Souls.

Josiah Lee
Josiah Lee

I'm not trying to say that Drangleic is Lordran, DaS 3 confirms it isn't (I do genuinely believe that the original intention in 2 was for it to be Lordran though) my point was just that he was trying to make the asinine argument that Dark Souls TWO had nothing to do with the first game in any way and was not a sequel.

Isaiah Mitchell
Isaiah Mitchell

The opening movie and Things Betwixt just imply that Bearer travels through time to Drangleic.
We don't really know what it implies. Some people were considering the big whirlpool a form of "the Deep".

It confirms that the Crown Ending is canon.
Can you elaborate? Do you mean Wolnir?

It confirms that Drangleic existed as an actual kingdom.
Well we know that. That's obvious.

It confirms that Drangleic invaded The Ringed City.
Elaborate again? How do you figure?

Not trying to be argumentative, I'm just really into this stuff.

Isaac Gutierrez
Isaac Gutierrez

They were there to pad the game, it was incredibly short otherwise.

Chalice dungeons are fun for a while, but then when you realize they reuse the same few rooms, that you have to grind them over and over and fucking over again and that the ones that actually drop shit you'd want to use halve your fucking health, they stop being fun and start being a tedious slog.

Cutting your health in half so the bosses fucking one-shot you even though you spent time building your character to avoid that is the very definition of artificial difficulty.

Jack Campbell
Jack Campbell

I'm going through Scholar as my first playthrough now, although i've only ever played 1. I think most people just like to complain for the sake of complaining, that said you definitely have to come at it at a different angle from the first. I'm just assuming the lore's fucked because Miyazaki.

Nathaniel Wright
Nathaniel Wright

no japan studio

why would you only play on PS4 but not have its best exclusive

Luis Ross
Luis Ross

Because the vast majority of PS4 owners just buy it for western AAA shit

Brayden Myers
Brayden Myers

I do genuinely believe that the original intention in 2 was for it to be Lordran though
Yeah I think so too, I think it wasn't meant to be so prolific though, only hinted and something you realize after like 2 playthroughs, not as soon as you meet Straid.

While we're on the subject, I think they were originally intending the series to be like Final Fantasy, where each iteration is a different story in a different location with only vague ties and recognizable franchise icons of the brand. I think Dark Sous III would have been a LOT different if people hadn't kicked up such a fuss about how there was no closure to Dark Souls 1 and how they didn't like all the new armour and mechanics and stuff. Otherwise, the would have accounted for things like Humanity and stuff like that.

Brody Russell
Brody Russell

Maybe for you, but I love all of that shit you just described. It's downright criminal that FRC's are so damn expesive to make unless you want to co-op (which I don't)
Cutting your health in half so the bosses fucking one-shot you even though you spent time building your character to avoid that
I build my characters to shit out damage and just, like, move when I see an attack.
Never really had a problem with Defiled Pthumeru.

Ethan King
Ethan King

I never had a problem with the orcs, they're ez, sometimes I get grabbed and feels kinda bullshit but I have to disagree with the pursuer's sword, as I dodged that shit like 2mm from getting nailed

Jacob Martin
Jacob Martin

I have it Anon I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I started with Dark Souls back on PS3 so I'm still finishing DS3 before I jump in. I work a lot, unfortunately. Think of it as "saving the best for last".

Jack Gonzalez
Jack Gonzalez

Shut up bruh MGS2 is a great game don’t even compare it to DaS2 in terms of sequel

Owen Jenkins
Owen Jenkins

they were both disappointing sequels

Colton Garcia
Colton Garcia

We don't really know what it implies. Some people were considering the big whirlpool a form of "the Deep".
I've heard that theory, but I'm not convinced. For starters, it would have been foreshadowed in some respect in DaS2. And secondly, The Deep is actually visible from the Cathedral of the Deep in DaS3. It's that pool of water that you find one of the Evangelists starring out at. Seems like Miyazaki was going for a more Shinto sort of shtick with it.

Can you elaborate? Do you mean Wolnir?
I mean SotFS's crown ending, where the Bearer succeeds in finding a one man cure for the curse.
Faraam Armor
Armor named after a god of war.
The armor of the Forossa Lion Knights was preserved even after the destruction of their homeland, and is mentioned in numerous legends, alongside the names of those who are said to have gone beyond death.

Well we know that. That's obvious.
Well clearly one nut job in this thread thinks otherwise.

Elaborate again? How do you figure?
There's a lot to it, but I'm not going to ruin the hunt for you. I first started looking into it when I realized that the spirits of Vendrick's Ruin Sentinels were being summoned.

Juan Ross
Juan Ross

So dissapointing that Sup Forums circlejerks this game every 3x3 thread and Sup Forums is a valid source of gaming criticism you know

Charles Reyes
Charles Reyes

I dont get it either - I only played DS2 for the moment and enjoyed it, excited for DS1 remaster and I'll probably play DS3 after I finish the remaster

Luis Phillips
Luis Phillips

I'm sure anons will be contrarian, but I know if I start Dark Souls, I'm playing pyro, leveling faith, gunning for Astora's sword, and buying miracles. Why? Because that's what the game makes immediately available. And I'm probably heading straight for the swamp, because fuck Undead Bore. That's going to happen every time I replay the game. Dark Souls II is imperfect, but wins on sheer content. And that content drives the replay value.

Charles Walker
Charles Walker

I remember when people didn't get butthurt over a meme

Angel Torres
Angel Torres

So dissapointing that Sup Forums circlejerks this

whiteknigths spamming threads to defend this mess is not "circlejerking"

Jordan Richardson
Jordan Richardson

numbered sequels were a mistake, they should have called 2 Dragon Souls or something, and 3's lore is just a fucking mess. It does nothing but muddle the actual good lore and world-building of 1.

Adrian Evans
Adrian Evans

Because that's what the game makes immediately available
Why not go Zweihander and sorceries, if you are gonna go about it like that? Or full DEX with Great Scythe?

John Price
John Price

Just summon help, its much easier when they're not aggro'd all on you, or git gud

Ryan Gray
Ryan Gray

Niggers you know how I play DaS2? I just spawn some /fa/ armor and bullshit overpowered weapon and run around and kill everything because the game is literally unplayable otherwise

Hudson Wright
Hudson Wright

But are you aware that you can join a covenant that makes enemy respawn indefinitely?

Thomas Walker
Thomas Walker

at the price of making this bullshit game even harded

Christian Jackson
Christian Jackson

I want to but it's just so much slower than ds3, it's painful.
The game only picks up after you have a shit ton of endurance and adp.

Gavin Jones
Gavin Jones

Dark Souls 2 gives you access to Forest and Tower of Flame right out the gate, both of which ultimately lead to the same area (Bastille). DaS 1 lets you access Undead Burg, Blighttown, New Londo, Valley of Drakes, and Catacombs right at the beginning and many of those areas lead to other new areas, there are way more different items you can rush for at the beginning of DaS 1 than 2. Also the starting gear for all the classes in 2 is fucking horrible unlike 1.

Carson Gonzalez
Carson Gonzalez

well you can join just to farm the materials and then leave, i did it for twinkling titanites in the shrine of amana. It seems that you just want to hate it because you want, not because you have actual reasons to

Isaac Wood
Isaac Wood

What was even going on in this game? Why did she suddently become angry and why did she want to fuck me up?

Dominic Robinson
Dominic Robinson

Dark Souls is more like the recent Persona series in terms of quality.

Dark Souls/Persona 3: Very tight gameplay, the absolute apex of tying your theme in with your narrative and mechanics; memorable, groundbreaking; inspired spin-offs and speculation; great characters; knows what it wants to be and succeeds - falls short only in technological limitations and deadlines

Dark Souls II/Persona 4: A little bigger than the previous game but feels a little aimless. Lots of quality of life improvements that don't fit with the roleplaying; some of the most unique ideas seen in the industry to date; the phrase "it's a good game but not a good <x> game" gets thrown around a lot; it feels a bit like the team wanted to "one-up" the previous by making things explicitly stronger or better in-game; ultimately has to get its shit together in the last 5 minutes to make the "middle-of-nowhere" narrative feel like an actual threat

Dark Souls III/Persona 5: Very flashy, much faster paced and very confident - but only because it debuted on a new system and its narrative draws heavily from a previous game; has a lot of derivative mechanics from 2 games ago even though the previous game got shit on for the subtle things it took from the same game; some major staples of the franchise inexplicably changed somehow to streamline the experience but offends longtime fans; as a game it's bombastic and the apex of the series on a technical level, but held back by linearity and odd decisions

Matthew Stewart
Matthew Stewart

DaS 1 lets you access Undead Burg, Blighttown, New Londo, Valley of Drakes, and Catacombs right at the beginning and many of those areas lead to other new areas
This makes an average DS2 fag create 'WHERE DO I GO FIRST REEEEEEEEEEEEE BAD GAME DESIGN' threads

Dominic Anderson
Dominic Anderson

b-but Dark Souls 3!!!!

Every single time. Dark Souls 3 existing does not magically excuse 2 of its many, many flaws.

Isaiah Perry
Isaiah Perry

She was too much of a bitch to collect the power for herself, so she figures that she can get you to do it and then kill you when you are done.
But she realizes that isn't going to work so she tries to kill you anyways, which also doesn't work, since you are undead.

Gavin Price
Gavin Price

forgot pic

Nicholas Wright
Nicholas Wright

apparently she is a fragment of the final DLC boss from the first game

Charles Harris
Charles Harris

Hm, sounds fair. Who the fuck is Aldia? And whose idea was it to make those bitches fragments of Manus?

Benjamin Myers
Benjamin Myers

The only weapon worth suicide running for in Dark Souls is the Gravelord sword, and it's so fucking good it invalidates every other option in the game. Astora's sword just makes that process easier. Having options doesn't mean they're worth taking. When people say Dark Souls II has build variety, they mean the options are balanced enough to bother considering them. There's no reason to "go anywhere" in Dark Souls. The path of least resistance is fairly linear.

Adam Flores
Adam Flores

The only weapon worth suicide running for in Dark Souls is the Gravelord sword, and it's so fucking good it invalidates every other option in the game
there are tons of other great weapons you can get right at the start like the Great Scythe for one. You are now trying to argue that more freedom is bad because "uhh there's totally nothing worthwhile there anyway! the areas are too hard to go to early!"

Andrew Phillips
Andrew Phillips

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THE THRONE EVEN DO?
WHY DO WE HAVE TO SIT ON IT?
WHY DOES NASHANDRA WANT IT SO BADLY?

I have finished this game six or seven times and I still have no idea. somebody help me.

Isaiah Carter
Isaiah Carter

I'm warming up to the idea of SM.
Thy only thing it seems to prevent, is low level griefing. and the devs did enough of that to begin with. As the ranges for SM later on are so god damn huge that they're all but irrelevant. THEN you have to factor in that if the SM matchmaking fails, it falls back on SL.
So it balances out.

Eli James
Eli James

nigga theres a million weapons that invalidate the game, claymore and halberd are right in undead burg/parish

Brody Lopez
Brody Lopez

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THE THRONE EVEN DO?
WHY DO WE HAVE TO SIT ON IT?

you get lied to and told by the final boss that sitting on the throne breaks the curse.

but it doesn't. You can not break the curse (unless you buy the shitty DLC or the "we fixed it we swear" SotFS edition)

Ayden Nelson
Ayden Nelson

great scythe is also arguably better than the gravelord sword: more reach, lighter, less stats required, buffable, scales

Christopher Torres
Christopher Torres

It's not as bad as people make out, but it's still not great. Basically you don't feel "ready" for PvP or even invasions till around Lv40-50 and by that point you're already in something like tier 7, with the lower tiers being heavily divided, which doesn't do much but make it harder to see other players.

Thomas Ward
Thomas Ward

The Throne either has some direct link to the Kiln or IS the Kiln, since it can be used to link the flame. How did they move it across the sea, if it is the Kiln? Who knows.
Nassandra is a greedy bitch and wants the power of the Flame.
See

Lincoln Taylor
Lincoln Taylor

youtube.com/watch?v=mtf-2nz6je4
How can DaS2 soundtrack even compete?

Austin Hall
Austin Hall

what do we do if the player gets behind this boss?
how about making some unique animations where it does like an elbow attack or something like in DaS1
nah let's just make it spin in place really fast and give it the same generic AOE blast every other boss has
cunt it's a long watery corridor with a couple of siderooms and the same enemy copy pasted everywhere.

James Collins
James Collins

I'm aware of that. But WHY were we tricked into sitting on it? What does it even do to us? what function does it serve?

The Throne either has some direct link to the Kiln or IS the Kiln, since it can be used to link the flame.
Is this ever plainly stated anywhere? or did people just assume this because its a closed, vaguely kiln-esque stone room at the end of the sequel to Dark Souls?

Liam Scott
Liam Scott

I would definitely argue that the GS is better than Gravelord Sword and it shows that the other guy is a fucking moron who hardly knows anything about DaS 1 (like most DaS2fags). It has great reach, great damage, and amazing scaling. Gravelord is better early game but later on the Scythe totally outclasses it.

Cooper Cox
Cooper Cox

This is all dumb, every dark souls is vague on purpose: who are the other 25 sons and daughters of Gwyn? What appens if you don't kindle the flame? What is the abyss? Where does the flame come from? Ad libitum... the throne is just one in a long series of things open to interpretation, and it's fine that way

Isaac Howard
Isaac Howard

Well they thoroughly discuss the pointlessness of your choice between linking the flame and not linking the flame. They wouldn't bother doing that, if the choice wouldn't present itself in some way.

Ethan Ortiz
Ethan Ortiz

Ash lake is a surreal dream world, it's not meant to make sense. Bloodborne has the same shit in the hunters dream

Christian Parker
Christian Parker

Except that it can be fully upgraded half-way through the game without any embers. Again, path of least resistance. Wu fucking wei.

Adam Collins
Adam Collins

PVP
Ds3>Ds2>Ds1>BB
PVE
BB=Ds1>Ds3>>>>>Ds2

Eli Hernandez
Eli Hernandez

The difference here is you are supposed to read into Ash Lake like a Greek myth. The Lords overthrew the old world and built a new one on top of it.
Meanwhile, The Old Iron King was just a stubborn power-hunger human who somehow built a kingdom that began to sink into the ground somewhere in the sky.

Grayson Martinez
Grayson Martinez

Can anyone explain to me why people believe

Farron Keep is Oolacile/Darkroot/Blighttown
Demon Ruins are literally the exact same Demon Ruins from DS1 but look completely different for some reason
Smouldering Lake is Lost Izalith/Ash Lake
Catacombs of Carthus are the Catacombs/Tomb of the Giants
Irithyll was there all along, it's the city under Anor Londo

Like yeah Farron has mushrooms and some sorcery scrolls, how the fuck is that proof? As for the others? There are absolutely no similarities beyond theme. It's even explicitly stated that "the lands have shifted" as if the fabric of space and time is twisting in such a way as to literally force the lands to converge upon Lothric and the First Flame. What would have been the point of that if they were the same places anyway?

Easton Powell
Easton Powell

game is trash and almost everybody hates it
some e-celeb makes a video about it
game is great and almost everybody loves it

EVERY FUCKING TIME

Kevin Cooper
Kevin Cooper

nice headcuser

James Rodriguez
James Rodriguez

You can see the Great Hollow from Firelink Shrine. Where do you think the rest of Ash Lake is?

Zachary Miller
Zachary Miller

it's what pushed the DaS2 hate so hard

DaS2 was thoroughly hated since launch for a plethora of reasons spanning from the graphical downgrade and literal removal of lighting after the showcase demos and network test to not only figuring out how SM worked, but also figuring out the fact that it never goes away even on NG+ and beyond. No full red orb, initially learn about iframe bracket increases from agiity, etc.

As much as you want to revise history and pin any and all hate for it on a literal who, Dark Souls 2 was never well received on Sup Forums. It had the rockiest launch of any souls game.

Luke Ortiz
Luke Ortiz

The problem with DS2 is that it has a bunch of shitty filler bosses. DS2 and 3 both only have about 10 fights that I would actually consider good, but 2 has almost twice as many total bosses so you go from a 1/3 good to shit boss ratio in DS3 to a 1/6 in DS2.
That said ds2 is still my favorite one.

also ds1 only has 4 good bosses and 2 are from the dlc.

Joseph Bailey
Joseph Bailey

PVP
DaS1 > DeS >>>>>>>>>>>> BB > DaS2 > DaS3

PVE
BB > DaS1 > DeS >>> DaS3 > DaS2

Jack Miller
Jack Miller

Brainlet here.

Why did the From team even try to make such a different Souls game after the success of Dark Souls 1? You're basically gambling that lightning will strike twice.

If DS2 used the exact same animations and engine as DS1, and just had slightly better graphics and new enemy and level designs, people would have loved it. Maybe not as much as DS1, but certainly there'd be less hate.

It also would have made sense considering the B team would have less work to do. So why didn't they just blatantly rehash DS1?

Aiden Jones
Aiden Jones

Why did the From team even try to make such a different Souls game after the success of Dark Souls 1?

you think people going "B Team" was a joke?

Jonathan Nelson
Jonathan Nelson

Because they still had hope, Anon.

Alexander Martin
Alexander Martin

character progression stops completely dead the moment you're forced to equip the agape ring in order to prevent falling into the never ending abyss of accumulating soul memory that forever ruins your online interactions unless avoided
can't even purchase items any more after the fact
DaS2 is still a cool game and it's not all bad. I had great fun with it. But fuck if it doesn't have the most glaring flaws in the franchise while also being the most frustrating.

Ethan Allen
Ethan Allen

Isn't that in DeS too, though?

No, it isn't. DeS has a couple of leaderboards for some other things though.

Joshua Foster
Joshua Foster

You mean to say they hadn't gone hollow? At least II was charming. III came across like a Street Fighter rerelease.

Xavier Flores
Xavier Flores

because if you've worked as a director in almost anything for more than a week, you're not going to take another man's work and just blatantly reproduce it without trying to change it or stick in your vision, that's not how artists work

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit