Twice the content of either Dark Souls or Dark Souls 3

>twice the content of either Dark Souls or Dark Souls 3
>balanced combat
>insane variety of weapons and armor
>secrets out the ass
Why does Sup Forums hate this game again?

quality > quantity

Because it's fucking garbage like the rest of Dark Souls.

Soul Memory

to name a few adp doesnt have three rolls muddy graphics sm dark wood grain ring filthy hexers
cant remember anything else right now because im tired and autistic

a fucking pile of rubble

>dogshit bosses
>dogshit areas
>enemy despawning
>movement/fighting feels like ass
>gank squad enemies
>LOL RUBBLE
>branches of yore
>insane amount of weapons and armour you cant actually customize your character with until you're at least 1/3rd of the way through the game
>adaptability
>the forest with invisible enemies you cant fucking see even with the torch
>the fucking area immediately after
>ornstein fight for no reason, with a dead end bonfire immediately after making his fight completely pointless

Your reply

oh, and how could I forget the magnetized grab that the orcs and other enemies have

oh you mean the dancer

no, I mean the fucking orc at the beginning of the game in things betwixt

and the pursuer's sword

and literally any fucking enemy with a grab attack

What a great game this was, no one can say otherwise. Especially that matosis faggot!

You forgot the most important thing. Making funny looking characters.

thanks for confirming the dancer of boreal valley

I finished Dark Souls II when it released but never had a chance to play the DLC. SOFTS edition for ps4 is on sale now, should I?

Because muh B team. DS2 haters ruined the series, that is how we ended up with the boring repetitive samey looking turd that was DS3. DS2 will be remembered as the best souls game in the years to come.

figuratively git gud

eat shit. if Im not even within 3 feet of their fucking hands, how is it my fault that Im suddenly being eaten or thrown to the ground

>Having trouble with one of the easiest bosses of the game

confirmed for typical contrarian edgy hardcore soulsfag

Who the fuck is this idiot and why is there art of him about to fellate something

Are katanas good?

clearly im baiting and youre falling for it the boss is ez but i heard retards complaining on the steam forums about it all the time

It has hotline miami 2 syndrome

Everyone said they liked the first game because it was hard. Devs start the difficulty curve at where the last game left off. Everyone who considers themselves "masters" at the old game are now fanny frazzled they have to learn something new or try something different, and retroactively poop on the game to make themselves feel better for only being one level above a casual player.

Not the first time this has happened and it won't be the last

DS3 > DS2 > DS1
Fite me

No thanks, I don't plan on imitating your plebbish behaviours

Because most of Sup Forums haven't played it since the PS360 version or the PC launch version, which were both busted to fuck.
Between patches, DLC and SOTFS it's improved a lot. I hated it at first too but I replay the entire series in order once a year and DaS2 has grown on me.
The build variety is ridiculous, everything is viable early and scales smoothly, there's none of that "this build is shit until you find X" that all of the other games suffer from.
But it still has shit graphics, weird controls, the worst soundtrack in the series, and the second worst story in the series.

Yeah that happens in every game in the series. DaS2 is only worse because it gives you the option to keep ADP at base and create hilarious webms, but if you're playing the game seriously and have spent more than 30 seconds discussing it online, you know that leveling ADP is a good idea, so it's not even a valid criticism anymore. If leveling up was slow like DaS1 then mandatory ADP would be a flaw but you level up ridiculously fast.
Take ascetic as gift, kill Dragonrider and Dragonrider NG+ with fallstrats, crunch both boss souls and spend it all on levels. Boom, 5 minutes in and you're level 50 with enough ADP for the whole game, and you haven't even swung a weapon yet.

What's with the amount of contrarian pro-DS2 threads lately? It's not like I'm surprised seeing how many Mass Effect and Oblivion nostalgia threads are being created, but still, it's never been to the point where there are 10 of these every day

yes, the DLC are pretty top tier

it's just fundamentally bad

>DaS2 only second worst story
no fucking way, it was the absolute worst of the series.
Also, Nashandra and Aldia were fucking trash final bosses.

>You only have to cheese your way to lvl100 as soon as you start the game for it to be playable!!
You sure convinced me this game is not a piece of shit.

>Everyone who considers themselves "masters" at the old game are now fanny frazzled they have to learn something new or try something different
This. People forget that in their first playthrough of DeS/DaS they had to resort to greatshields and heavy armour, they had to spam projectiles and get enemies stuck in the environment, they had to grind for levels, they had to summon help. Everyone struggled and used every tool available on their first playthrough, and that's part of the fun, you couldn't just steamroll it without trying like every other RPG on the market at the time. Then they got gud and learned to beat the game naked with just a Longsword and assumed all that skill would carry over to DaS2, which is a drastically harder game than DeS or DaS.

Just look at criticisms of Shrine of Amana for a perfect example. The game gives you magic barrier, shields that block 90% magic, the option to upgrade a shield to block 100% magic, shields that parry magic, invisibility spells, a thousand different bows and crossbows to fight back with. But everyone chooses to ignore these options that trivialize the level, wade in with a Longsword, die, then call it bad level design.

>leveling up is "cheesing"
You're really bad at videogames user.

Best in the series
Soul memory was the best idea ever
And i'm not even sarcastic

>having your head this deep inside your ass
Seriously, this is just embarrassing.

Because you actually have to be good at it.
Roll spam and stacking 1000000 poise doesn't work past the first few bosses.

Who here actually enjoys the series? It seems like all you fags only care about arguing about which one is the best one (when it doesn't matter because it's all opinion) and not the games themselves.

They're all good games, and crying about DS2 or BB or whatever is so fucking stupid.

>defending Shrine of Amana
wtf, do you have Stockholm Syndrome or something?

Dont forget
>best pvp

I just started DS2 tonight (I have played and beaten 1 and 3).

I went in with a pretty critical mindset from all the hate it gets but I was genuily surprised. I’m not far in but so far really digging everything. The atmosphere seems a bit more likeable for the lack of a better word and I actually like the feel of the controls/combat quite a bit.

fk me this is why gaming is abysmal these days.

>I HATE CUSTOMISATION AND BEING ABLE TO PLAY A GAME IN MORE THAN ONE WAY

also a lot of your points are literally
>I am bad so the game should is too.

kek

Those are not the things that made Dark Souls great.

if I was bad at the game, why did I beat just about all of the bosses my first or second try?

there's a npc after ornstein. you never played the game user

Because the gameplay is clunky as fuck and not fun

ya got me

good thing that NPC isnt used for anything except opening up a covenant.

Weapon memory + SL matching is better, even with SM you can just use the agape ring, get in the DLC and get a few +7 or +8 weapons, so you don't inflate your SM.
Plus truly new and bad players will die and lose souls, advance in SM in higher tiers but still be low level. Even SM as it is is flawed, it should only count spent souls (either at mearchents/blacksmiths or by leveling up).

That being said, SOTFS is still the best overall souls game.

>hating Shrine of Amana
wtf, do you have bad at videogames syndrome or something?

Lol keep dreaming 2 fag.

>confirmed for zero reading comprehension

Nothing to defend, it's a decent level with lots of secrets.

>Need "fallstrat" cheese to beat Dragonrider
>Can't start at a new playthrough without cheesing 10M souls
>Can't beat Last Giant without being lvl50
>Still call other people "bad at videogames"
This is bait, nobody is that retarded.

>defending Shrine of Amana
I just read user's post. No where in it is he defending Shrine of Amana. Learn to read, nigger.

empty words.

>I HATE GAM THAT WHY I DEVOTE MYSELF TO IT

Just like Ash Lake.

>you suck at the game
>no I dont, I beat the toughest enemies in each area very easily
>IRRELEVENT, GAME IS FLAWLESS

I cant beat the three sentinels boss. First off the walk from the bonfire to the boss has a super hard to land jump if you want to use the shortcut. Its hard to land and then there are dogs trying to mess up your positioning as you jump. 40% of the time I died there.
Then the boss itself is fucking 2v1 at best in a clunky 1v1 combat oriented game. Plus all the sentinels move fast as fuck and have ranged attacks.

people that hate on ds2 are literally retards. literally. retards.

you cannot open yourself up to good points of the game and also play it a huge amount of time.

ds2 is a good game. it might not give u hard on for pixels like the others (seemingly evident) but it's a good game... learn to not use your ego to make urself seem like an unlikable retard.

>first five minutes into the game
>"Get ready to die over and over again! That's why people play these games right?"
>get to Majula
>xxxxxxxx total deaths worldwide
It's like they just completely didn't understand the games at all.

DS2 has less bullshit and "LOL GOTCHA" moments and deaths than DS1, it is way more fair with a new player than DS1.

>Vast majority of the areas were crap.
>Vast majority of the enemies were crap.
>Vast majority of bosses were crap.
>Awful world layout.
>Soul memory.
>Adaptability
>Shitty and weightless animations.
Seriously. Have you seen the running animation for the Falconers before the Forest of Invisible Pricks?
>Lazy item descriptions that ask questions
>Enemies have insane levels of poise.
>Durability managing to be even more annoying than the other games.
>You can break chests.
>Enemies can break chests.
>Only way to tell if a chest is a mimic is to hit it.
>Far too many useless Pharros' Contraptions
>Far too easy to become over-leveled with how bosses throw souls at you
>Hollowing decreases health, while failing to understand how Demon's Souls balanced the game with it in mind
>Hexes require that you level INT and FTH and then require you to spend souls on top of that
>Bait and switch demo
I love a lot that DaS2 had and did, but it's a joke when compared to the other four.

excellent response

rather that back it up with LITERALLY any argument, all you can do is spout the word retard over and over again

DS1 has prepare to die on the cover, but I guess it's ok when Miyazaki does it.

ur a retard, nice pic of urself. anyone with a semblance of intelligence would read this discourse and shudder in disbelief of how much humanity can fall to retardation. you are the epitome of that said retardation. bb now

another nonexistant argument

buh bye, dumbass

>good thing that NPC isnt used for anything except opening up a covenant.

>opens up the arena
>hunt down sinners
>is also a merchant

>user dies to grab attacks because he chose to not level ADP
>calls anyone retarded
You should at least learn the basics of the game before you try and express opinions on it.

I played about half of DS2 but haven't played in a while. I like it generally so far
>>dogshit bosses
Yeah I beat a bunch of them first try by circlestrafing with a shield up
>>enemy despawning
This doesn't even prevent grinding (especially with how many level ups you get early game) so I don't understand why they even did that stupid shit
>>movement/fighting feels like ass
Why does everyone say that? I didn't find it that different to 1
>>gank squad enemies
Can be fun if you don't try to cheese them
>>branches of yore
Fuck that bullshit
>>the forest with invisible enemies you cant fucking see even with the torch
Just move slowly and look for silhouettes m8
>>ornstein fight for no reason, with a dead end bonfire immediately after making his fight completely pointless
There's a covenant guy or something behind him but yup that entire part of Heide's Tower felt kind of pointless. Especially with the dragon in front who you can kill just as easily

see

>What's with the amount of contrarian pro-DS2 threads lately?
they only came after the release of the lack luster DaS3 DLC

he released a really bad video defending ds2. It was really opinionated and hypocritical and contradictory. he glossed over the things that ds2 actually did better than the first game and just took all the criticisms, didnt dispute them and just said "yeah but this is a good thing"

That's just as idiotic for sure but it's not in the actual game. Nowhere in the other games do they push the difficulty meme that hard.

>opens up an arena only used for PvPing, nothing actually relevant to the world outside
>hunt down sinners, also only PvP related and unrelated to anything in the game
>merchant for selling covenant items and nothing actually related in any way to anything outside of the covenant

WOW, THANKS FROMSOFT

>>Hollowing decreases health, while failing to understand how Demon's Souls balanced the game with it in mind
>>Far too easy to become over-leveled with how bosses throw souls at you

You just negated your own points, good job.

>This doesn't even prevent grinding (especially with how many level ups you get early game) so I don't understand why they even did that stupid shit
Well it's so bad players can finish a zone even if they suck. So much for the "ur gonna die xd cliche"

still not an actual argument, keep crying

>There's a covenant guy or something behind him but yup that entire part of Heide's Tower felt kind of pointless. Especially with the dragon in front who you can kill just as easily

It's pointless in PvE.
The statues down by the bonfie transport you into PvP arenas, same with the Undead Purgatory.

DLC main areas and bosses are better than the base game (that doesn't take much effort), but the side "co-op" areas are complete cancer and some of the worst in the series.
The new last boss is a total flop too.

>Enemies have insane levels of poise
use a mace then
you clearly haven't played the game
>Only way to tell if a chest is a mimic is to hit it
You clearly haven't played the game
>Far too many useless Pharros' Contraptions
Literally the point of the mechanic, its gambling kappa, you clearly haven't played the game
>Hollowing decreases health, while failing to understand how Demon's Souls balanced the game with it in mind
You wouldn't be hollow if you were better at the game, but you clearly haven't played the game anyway
>Far too easy to become over-leveled with how bosses throw souls at you
>Hexes require that you level INT and FTH and then require you to spend souls on top of that
Damn

Undead Purgatory at least had an interesting boss fight
Ornstein was only "interesting" insofar that he's proof that he can't do shit on his own without absorbing Smooch first

Kek

>You should at least learn the basics of the game before you try and express opinions on it.
Hum yes, just give me 200 more hours.

the DLC is okay. don't have super high expectations and you should enjoy yourself.

You're the only one here who clearly hasn't played the game, user.

Reminder that all classes but the Bandit and Mage start with the equivalent of a DS1 midroll but with less recovery frames, it's more of a midroll-fastroll hybrid.
You don't need to level ADP at all till you get to the DLC or endgame areas, unless you're truly awful.

Ds2 is the worst on the first playthrough and the best on subsequent ones. So much variety compared to the others, and the fast levelling means you get to complete a build and have fun with it fairly quickly, unlike the others

The dude is mostly wrong but that's no reason to go full obnoxious with the "hurr durr you're bad if you ever die in this game" shit

the controls and combat are a travesty when compared to the other games.

You only need 2-4 hours to learn to roll late.
But if you still haven't gotten the hang of it in 200, then maybe you simple lack any talent in this franchise.

I've played it a lot, almost as much as DS1 and BB. I know almost everything about it.
I meant that human effigies are not at all hard to come across

>Shitty rolling and movement mechanics
>Trailing hitboxes
>Most areas are boring (imo)

DS1 and DS2 are both 9/10 games.
DS3 is a 8/10 game.

at least I don't need to cheese my way to lvl50 before even starting forest of giants.

I was gonna say that some people don't want to run around human but then I remembered DS2 has invasions even while hollowed, so you are correct. Carry on

Because for every one thing they did right, there's two they fucked up unforgivably badly

All areas till Drangleic Castle are easy even at SL1.