Other urls found in this thread:

ask.fm/Matthewmatosis/answers/144944188319
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

PS3 got good in 2009
PS4 has yet to get good for anyone who has already had a PS3/360/PC

Bloodborne still almost makes them even

>"Muh Bloodborne"
You're just as much of a faggot as the game journos who make DS references
Won't be surprised if the whole BB machine meme was just Fromfags jerking off their series

Nintendo Switch

Neither?

Ps3 caught up and dominated end of gen.

Ps4 is the overwhelming winner this current gen.

PS3 is the worst console ever made. Laggy as fuck system that constantly crashes and poor security

Ps3
>Great street fighter
>Great batman/s
>Great Deus ex
>Great GTA/s

PS4wful street fighter
>Awful batman
>Awful Deus ex
>Awful gtas (online cancer literally killed single player content, GTAV came out FIVE fucking years ago)

>Great street fighter
Better on Xbox
>Great batman/s
Batman games are not good
>Great Deus ex
Literally garbage and the only good deus ex is the OG, rest are filled with awful QTR prompts and cutscenes for basic attacks
>Great GTA/s
Again, better on Xbox

PS3 was flat out garbage

Do you have to be a contrarian faggot?

Neither of them is a disappointment, but PS3 was probably slightly worse because of (almost) no games before 2009.

I don't know. Personally I think PS1 and PS2 are the best the PlayStation brand has ever been, but everything started going downhill during the latter middle part of PS3's lifespan.

Personally I'm not crazy on either, they have lots of good games but there was something out of PS1 and in particular PS2 that I really miss and feel very nostalgic about.

>Le Xbox was good meme

Haha point and laugh the xboner

PS4.
It has nothing much new to offer, just a bunch of ports for the most part. Any exclusives are just ports, movies, or have mediocre gameplay. Bloodbourne gets boring after a while.

Dont be so mad that the only good game of the last century is a ps4 exclusive

SFIV and GTAIV used to run better on X360 compared to their PS3 versions.

>don't own either
>actually want a ps3
I feel like at this point, if you've never played ps3 or ps4 games, the ps3 is the better buy.

Who gives a fuck you loser? Lmao wow a whole 2fps better

The Xbox one

PS3

PS4 has a better lineup of Nippon games which are all that matters. And no it doesn’t matter that you can play a lot of them on pc, pc is for strategy and indieshit walking sims

>Fromfags
>Liking DS after DS1
Nah, we want more AC.

And real 720p res
And proper use of shadows
And better textures
And much less input lag

PS3 was known to be one hell of a console for a developer, it was a nightmare to develop on it due to its weird architecture that not even Sony Japan really knew about.

The best games of the PS4 are still literal PS3 games. And the others could still have been made as PS3 games had the developers wanted.
The step from the PS3 to the PS4 was always very unimpressive.

The PS3 on the other hand was almost only games that you simply couldn't even imagine on a PS2.
It had modern technology of its time and was actually an impressive piece of engineering. People just made a big deal out of its launch price (that is still cheaper than a PS4 if you add the costs of PS+).

Ps1 - had great genre defining game lineups and sequels.
Ps2 - expanded upon it, and has aged way better than ps1 or 3.
Ps3 - started the sellout like Xbox 360 did, and the newest gen just continued it. Which is probably why they both cling to their exclusives a lot more.

Both of them are the best console of their generation, with the best library and the most power.

Only way you'd be disappointed with either of them is if your expectations were retardedly exaggerated.

is free online play a retardedly exaggerated expectation? it was possible with ps3

No it wasnt

PS4

Lack of backwards compatibility is fucking unacceptable especially with the PS3s library.

The PS3 by far. The fucking American made Xbox 360 had better JRPGs and Jap games in general

>PS3 is the worst console ever made

>The best games of the PS4 are still literal PS3 games. And the others could still have been made as PS3 games had the developers wanted

Do people think in these terms for PC?

>this copy of RE5 i just downloaded to PC is a PS3 game
>this copy of GTA IV i just downloaded to PC is a PS3 game
>this copy of MGSV i just downloaded to PC is, you guessed it, technically a PS3 game...

Who thinks like this??

It’s ugly and it’s UI is a mess. Out of all the mainstream consoles it’s definitely one of the worse

>Do people think in these terms for PC?
I certainly don't think of them as "PS4 games" at the very least. More like games also available on PS4, or simply games available on everything.
I mean forget PC, most of those games are even available on the PS3, so you don't even have to venture away from Sony. But then you can also play them on PC, Xbox, or Nintendo's systems.

All that said. Do you actually consider Resident Evil to be among the best the PS4 has to offer?

Eh, she is an akward bitch, but i kiss her cheek fondly. She lets me play a collection of PSOne Classics as well as Tekken 5, 6 and TTT2

The PS4, easily.

>All that said. Do you actually consider Resident Evil to be among the best the PS4 has to offer?

I buy things i like. I have always owned PlayStation systems, but i do not buy a thing “just because”. I have a PS3 and a PS4, i have literally NEVER played the uncharted series. It doesn’t interest me. I only just played and finished bloodborne as my first ever fromsoft game this year. I WAS missing out there and had no clue.

Why do these threads need to be made.
The PS3 has a clear purpose it has a handful of exclusives, and can play the bulk of ps2 games in 720p if you're willing to buy them again.
If you want multiplats to go to 360/PC

Both have barely any exclusives worth a damn. Only the Yakuza series really. Everything else is either on other consoles or PC.
Deciding between constipation and diarrhea isn't much of a choice.

They were both great.

Consoles using their online capabilities as an excuse to endlessly shit out “stability updates”; COMBINED with their pushy requests for all your personal information to tie to your PSN (a terrible service that they now make you pay for) is what did the PS4 in for me. That and a bland UI.
It won by process of elimationation this gen. They kept the status quo and that’s it. Except they didn’t, because upon starting up a PS4 you’ll notice it’s missing most of the features from the PS3 and even 360. Took them years just to add a quick menu. The console was clearly shat out. The store (when it actually lets you find the thing you want) was completely empty until two years ago too. Nothing but PS3 ports. Also no backwards compatibility speaking of. Please pay 20 bucks a month for our GAME STREAMING SERVICE. The biggest meme in gaming. Also please pay for PS Vue and Spotify. We will not let you take these off the main menu.

The only good thing to come out of this console is it gave incentive to Japanese games to make a comeback. The console they were developing for first (360 was dead over there so last gen was just PS3) wasn’t alien technology this time and they finally decided to cafe and just use the western engines. Plus since this architecture is just PC architecture. More PC ports.
The PS4 winning was good for Japanese games, not because it was a good console.

I fell for the PS4 meme. But honestly, Bloodborne is so good I don't regret buying it. I'd never have thought that one (1) game worth playing could carry a console, but it kind of does.

Why is this question asked? Ps3 wasn't a disappointment at its an amazing console with great exclusives, multiplates, and the library of its predecessors.
Ps4 is a piece of shit and I get bored everytime I turn it on.

the ps4 by far
I sold mine after less than a year. No games especially if you already have a PC. Even all the weeb shit is coming to steam now

Both are fantastic and Sup Forums are shitposters who are blind to their stupidity. They say neither have any good games, but years later if one of them gets ported, suddenly its one of the best games of "the year".

And I have just about every system there has been, except the Xboxes and the PS4.
And I already have access to all the Resident Evil games and don't see a reason whatsoever to get a PS4 in order to play them.

Dial back to when the PS3 was new. If I wanted to play PS3 games I needed a PS3. It had more to offer.
The PS4 is a massive disappointment. The PS3 was just expensive (and the PS4 is too when you add PS+).

>They were both great

I didn't buy a PS3 until after the PS4 was out but its twilight years were god tier. PS4 suckered me in with Gravity Rush 2 after I bought and loved the original on Vita and for what I paid, I don't regret it. I'd say they're about equal now, which means PS4 is probably gonna be better in the long run. I mean, right now it's basically Folklore/Demon's Souls vs. Gravity Rush 2/Bloodborne.

Also, PS4 controller is great for using on your PC.

I'd pay for a native 1080p PS3 over a PS4 anyday.

PS3 was until it got hacked. My CFW Original 60gb PS3 was my favorite console ever. So many good times.

>RE, pegi 18
>RE4, pegi 15

The PS3 is still TO THIS DAY, a solid purchase.
The PS4 is God tier. It's literally Izanagi.

>Everything else is either on other consoles or PC.
that's the dumbest thing people say: "instead of playing everything on one system, I can buy 3 other systems"

>that's the dumbest thing people say: "instead of playing everything on one system, I can buy 3 other systems"
More like. I already have these 3 systems, there is no reason whatsoever to get this 4th one.
Are you some kind of young teenager that missed the previous generations somehow?

No they mean “why would I buy a system to play what I already own”.

>and don't see a reason whatsoever to get a PS4 in order to play them.

Alright? Im not trying to convince you anything. It’s just what i did. I have to olay them on something if i want to play them, and my best option is my PS4. My PS3 is a more recent edition than my PS4.

Well you wouldn’t? But your making a specific hypothosis that relates to you then.

>My PS3 is a more recent edition than my PS4.
How even?
The PS3 has been supported on the market for over a decade. How come it took you so long to acquire one?
Well whatever floats your boat. But it's weird seeing someone who was interested in the PS4 but was never interested enough to ever get a PS3 in the literal decade it was on the market.

No, I helping you understand the point the guy you were replying to was saying.
Numbers state more people “currently” own those old systems already. The person who never owned a console before has room to benefit in your scenario, sure, but what about the rest of the market?

I had one years ago and stopped gaming entirely for a bit. Picked it back up these last years. So i bought a PS3 this Dec again, and now it’s a digital only retro box.

>>this copy of RE5 i just downloaded to PC is a PS3 game
More like. That copy of RE5 I just downloaded would run just fine on a 10 year old computer. I didn't need to upgrade for this game.
And yes people think like that for PC. And it's the same for consoles. If the game runs just fine on the PS3, there is no reason to "upgrade" to a PS4.

PS3 auto loses points for launching at $500/600

>Alright? Im not trying to convince you anything.

I love it how they come to these threads and try so hard to prove they don't need the console. A console that's by any objective metric, the best in the market.

The thing I really don't like is how the ps3 was classed as too expensive and hence a blunder at $599 but $399 + $60 yearly tip is acceptable, despite this working out at well over $599 over the 5+ years you'll own it.

>PS3 auto loses points for launching at $500/600
>the goose is loose.webm
he doesn't work 2 jobs for his PlayStation.

Matthewmatosis responded to a question about the PS4 a bit ago actually.
ask.fm/Matthewmatosis/answers/144944188319

The ps4 is even more expensive, you just pay for it in the long run with ps+.

Maybe you dpn't but all the normies do, and it really pisses me off ow the $599 ps3 was a blunder but the $399 + $300 online ps4 isn't.

And the PS4 loses altogether for going full Xbox, making PS+ required for online play, and charging $50/$60 a year for it on top of the $399 for the actual system.
The PS3 literally launched for cheaper than the PS4. Unironically.

I disagree with that entirely. The thread is about dissapointment. I own a PS4 and I don’t like it. If he wasn’t trying to convince people of something, why join a discussion?

And yet:

>there are two seperate versions of RE4 for PC
>there are two seperate versions of Grim Fansango for PC
>there are soon to be two versions of DMC3 for PC
>there are soon to be two versions of Dark Souls for PC
>PC gamers would likely jump at the chance for MGS2 HD or Silent Hill 2 and 3 to get a re release on PC despite having PC versions

Ao it’s worse, you can buy the same game for the same platform TWICE. AND... try playing that “for windows” version of RE5 on a modern PC

>and it’s UI is a mess

There are some things that can be forgiven. Shitting on the XMB is not one of those things

An alternative point of view. It’s not an expectation for you to go out and specifically buy a PS4 for games i like that you don’t. The question is “who is more disapointing” i chime in and say “actually i like mine” or do you only want controbutions that say one is shit for certain?

>I disagree with that entirely.

lol you suck cocks entirely. I don't even need to shitpost. the ps4 is by any metric the best console right now and one of the best consoles ever: best price to power ratio. gets 99% of the games made. most first party. most second party. most third parties first. best controller. best PS+ games. most aesthetic. anri okita has one.
if you don't like it, you are either assmad or you don't like modern gaming !

>or you don't like modern gaming

You do realize that's not the most uncommon sentiment on this board, right?

This. At least it wasn't littered with ads like the 360.

ps4 no games but bloodborne

And N’Sane Trilogy, Yakuza 0, Kiwami, SOTC Remake, Uncharted 4

>the ps4 is by any metric the best console right now
No matter if that's true or not, it doesn't stop it from being worse than the previous generation of consoles.
If anything that just drives home just how pathetic this generation has been. Good thing the Switch is a next-gen system.

too many remakes

Yes and? Would we discount REmake as a good (at the time) GameCube exclusive because the orginal exists?

That’s not the problem. You say you like yours, then when people ask you why you give a half hearted answer and tell everyone “WOW NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE YA” which is anti discussion.

That's a lot of RE on PS4.

Is REmaster on the store as well?

No you said why should you buy one of you already have “X” elsewhere. I literally cannot advise you to do so, nor would i. For whatever reason you chose another platform. I choose PS3 and PS4.

Yes, but it’s also the first box in my image. Resident Evil CV is also available on the PS4 store as a 1080p PS2 game. Looks great. All that’s missing now is the orginal 1-3

PS>PS2>PS3>PS4

At least for now. I haven't played a shooter as fun as Warhawk on PS4 yet. Nothings story is comparable to Nier's. Seems like there are less notable JRPGs with each gen. Interactive movies and ports/remaster are too common, especially for newer games like PS3 games that don't need a remaster yet. The current biggest genre is the worst genre, open world. So on, so forth.

more like ps2 > ps1 > ps3 >> ps4

Ah, my bad, I somehow mistook that box for a collection of the Chronicles games.

And cool beans on CV.

Does RE4 and onwards support Move controller aim?

FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS

5 might as the PS3 gold edition did. Not tried.

see

here's the TRUE winner of the 7th gen

PS2 started turning games to shit, like Final Fantasy. Hell, it even ruined series that started on PS2, like Dark Cloud. It is too much of a mixed bag to call it the best. Let me guess, you either started with the PS2 or you don't like JRPGs?

Normies think they're getting free games with PS+.

Which makes them happy because "consoles games are expensive".

>any Iwata system
>good
Pick one user...

They definitely don't. Most the ones I talk to literally refer to ps plus it as "online" e.g. in conversation "my onlines ran out"

Considering they both won their gens I'd say neither were. Fuck off Xbox shills.

Another guy here. JRPG is my favorite genre and PS2 is the best gaming platform ever.

That botw though given that it got a 97 and actually wont it's yearly goty while your shit only has a measly 92 and lost to the witcher 3. Since people never go by subjectiveopinions which are garbage since you are a biased ps4cuck, lets go with the critic scores :)

>PS3 won
I haven't had a Nintendo console since the SNES, but you must be pretty deluded to think that Wii didn't win.

well if i gotta pick just one, it's definetely the ds.
>the two best pokemom generations
>the best m&l game
>ace attorney
>ghost trick
>smt games
>elite beat agents
>twewy
>great castlevanias
>advance wars
and the list goes on and on.

Hmm.

Say, I don't have a PS4. You can buy stuff from the Store without a subscription, right?

The DS is my favorite system ever, so I'm going with that.