Why do people get so defensive about this series?

Why do people get so defensive about this series?

because they're manchildren/children

Literal autism.

I understand now

i just love how polarizing it is when it comes to these types of people

It gets a lot of undeserved hate for it having Disney characters and plots. I used to have the same judgement until I played it. Hope the Disney worlds have more plot relevance in 3 this time.

Very few Kingdom Hearts fans defend the games or the series as some lofty high art sitting at the top of the medium. It ranges from goofy as shit to outright stupid, it has some terrible fucking games, we're almost certainly not going to get anything resembling a payout in KH3, but it's a pretty fun time.

It's just usually the "critics" coming into threads are usually decrying it as the worst thing ever for every reason but the gameplay which they aren't remotely capable of addressing because they don't actually know what they are talking about.

It's fun, but it sucks

well the only games that really suck are re:coded, 358,and union cross

The combat isn't anything special though

People wouldn't get so defensive about it, if the shitposting against wasn't so pathetically harsh.

They aren't terrible by any means. They are solid games.

I don't think I've seen anyone get defensive about it, honestly
I'm catching up on the series myself, after having only played the first game as a kid
just "played" Re:coded last night on II.5, I don't know how good the gameplay is, but holy hell are the cutscenes trash. 95% of them are ridiculously pointless, but the remaining 5% are absolutely crucial to the overall plot
still, I love the series and the core concept, and even though the story is batshit crazy sometimes Nomura usually manages to make it work

Same reason some people are so irrationally hostile towards it. What I want to know if why was it so hard for the series to count to 3

Nomura loves making side-games
thing is, the side-games are actually really important to the plot. which is kind of cool in a way I guess? technically the series doesn't have any filler
but regardless of whether you care about the plot or not, the gameplay is at it's best in I and II, and for whatever reason Nomura has decided that style of play can't be used in side-games

It's a childhood game for most fans. It also started out as a straightforward "young boy leaves his comfortable home to chase after adventure" story just to quickly devolve into shonen anime bullshit. Even the initial appeal of Square Enix characters and Disney worlds colliding doesn't really mean anything beyond just keeping up the series tradition.

>this game sucks
>I disagree I like it
>LOL WHY ARE YOU SO DEFENSIVE OVER IT BRO

Kingdom Hearts is just a guilty pleasure action RPG with a lot of nostalgia factor for people who played it as kids. I never understood all the shitposting over it. It's fun, nothing to write home about but certainly nothing to autistically screech over people liking.

KH is literally Square's Sonic the Hedgehog. same amount of "prestige", same fan mentality and exact same as far quality goes. except KH doesn't even have a game as good as Sonic 1-3

>more people jealous of all the KH3 hype and they have none

It's like DBZ. I acknowledge it's shit but I still enjoy it cause it's my childhood.

What the fuck are you talking about nobody does you instigating nigger

trust me no one cares about KH3

Fuck you it'll be great Osaka team will totally get their shit together

You're part of the problem

>the series doesn't have any filler
Re:Coded exists, though.

you are a big problem. nigger.

>nobody cares

lmao. Can't wait for the shitposting once it comes out and Sup Forums start shitposting to try and take away from how good it is because it wil 10/10 GOTY

Screencap this.

It gets a lot of unfair shit because literal virgins think disney cartoons somehow are more childish than final fantasy, as though that would be possible

well I meant from the standpoint of plot
there are a couple of very important details in Re:coded
unless you just meant that Re:coded didn't need to exist because Coded was already a thing but I'd still disagree there

Hey I just finished 1 for the first time a few days ago
It was awful. Looked nice though.

what's the story behind this? I haven't been following KH3's development at all

you should cut your own throat since you love wasting time.