Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree this is the best in the series

Only after we can agree this is the worst

No

that's a fact

The opposite, MGS4 and MGS2 are the best and MGS3 the worst (not counting V, the msx ones and the ones from the psp)

I've always been pretty torn over 1 or 3 being the best. Seems like I change my mind during every full series playthrough.

no
no
yes

3>=2>1>5>4

Of course.

3 > 1 > V > 2 > PW >>> Getting shot in the nuts >>> 4

Having to pause the game every 30 seconds to go to the camouflage menu and equip the highest index camouflage is the definition of fun

IIIIMMM STIIIIIIIILLL TAKING A SHIIIIIIIIT
SHIT EATAAAAAAAA

Mgs4 is at least a full game, unlike mgsv, I got suckered into buying GZ too....made me drop the series

Autismo detected

>At least MGS 4 didn't literally rape my mother, like MGS V did, amirite fellow true MGS fans? :)
MGS 4 defenders are cucks, kill yourself

>5 better than 2

2 is the best

change 2 with 1, and then you are right

Metal Gear Solid peaked at 2.

MGS3 is not canon.
Neither is 4.
Neither is 5.

it must be hard to live with this level of autism

I'll fight you on the street you fucking talk to me like that again

MGS2>MGS1>MGS3>Ghost Babel>MGS4>MGSV:GZ>PW>MGSV:TPP

*gropes your junk*
yea I thought so...

absolutely correct

Here is the best.

This game was so good that I really want sequel and on the other hand I'm afraid they will manage to fuck up the swordplay

>have no idea what is Ghost Babel
>quick internet search
>it's the GBC game which was released as Metal Gear Solid in my country for some reason

>Projection
Geez buddy, kinda worked over a small comment eh? I'm not defending the game per se, but shit it was OK for when it came out, but definitely not the best, I fucking hate MGS2. MGS3 is my favorite, MGS on NES being the close second since it was my first MGS.

I want MGR2 with Raiden and Sam

wtf I love Sup Forums now

What a thrill

anyone who thinks 1 isn't the best should be burned

RULES OF NATURE

what?! I can't hear you, there is a helicopter here

Yes. Even if it isn't your personal favorite you must accept it as a perfect unanimous best or you are a colossal nignog.

No, V is still the worst

2soys belong in the zoo.

i think it may well be almost as good as the first one

>MGS3: Cock Eater
the Solid trillogy (MGS1-2-4) is the best set of games, they are all good but 1 is the best as it was experimental and didnt shove fanservice or as japanese school girls what they think

Are you still 12 and don't understand the concept of taste, regardless of quality?

Yes, but only if we agree act 1 and 2 are great.

don't work yourself, user

MGS2 is a carbon copy of MGS1 except worse

happy that people are starting to realize this
mgs2fags are just fedoratippers that jumped on the bandwagon

MGS2 is a perfect example of "it's shit on purpose"

these

doesnt someone have that anons tourney bracket for best MGS and 3 was the best there as well

he does the tourney brackets for like everything

>Getting shot in the nuts
HAHA WOW EPIC

Correct
Correct
Correct

It's settled, then

I love MGS2 story and characters a lot more, but the jungle setting is what makes MGS3 my favorite in the series.

4 was a perfect ending to the series. Shit like going back to shadow moses and liquid ocelots final words really tugged at my heartstrings. So many memories wrapped up in these games. It was nice to see big boss one last time. I know kojima ended the series with 4. Its why when he was forced to do 5 he made the game have nothing to do with the series. 5 is for people who like to grind boring missions and people who havent played the others in the series.

no

also no

V would've been an ambitious game if he was allowed to finish it. That said, the balloon shit ruined the gameplay long before the missing "Act 3" could ever start.

>4 was a perfect ending to the series
Shit only retards say

>1 is the best as it was experimental
?

>the first 3D MG game
>did whatever the fuck he wanted
>was a unique game at the time and probably still is
>unhindered autism and anime
>fighting a mech, tank, cyborg ninja and yourself
>gameplay makes stealth fun and gameplay allows for lethal weapons to be good
>no faggy tranq gun
>god tier codec calls and voice acting
>get to cooperate with someone instead of soloing it
>first time a game had unnessaccarrally LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG cutscenes
>mixed anime with western media
theres nothing like MGS1 untill MGS2 came out, but even then its just watered down and panders to schoolgirls, MGS1 in its time was nothing anyone seen before, it was also pretty video gamey.

he literally remade MG2

of course the mechanics were a bit more complicated, but at its core it has the same setup as his prior games. It was during MGS2 when he started to be more creative, although, that was mostly in terms of subverting expectations

It's funny you mention MGS1 as the experiment when it ripped off so much from MG2:SS
All it was was a 3D experiment

>not realizing V was them letting Kojima do what the fuck ever he wanted except they didn't let him finish
I seriously don't understand why Sup Forums autistically picks apart this game so much. Its FUN.
Maybe that's why...

>copied MG2
and MGS2 copied 1 and 3 copied 2 and 4 copied 1 2 and 3. almost like he used the exact same formula because he was a hack?
>be snake
>infiltrate thingy
>meet one or two people that will call you on codec to help out
>fight some shitty bosses named after myths or animal code names, always atleast one vehicular boss
>get all your gear taken and or tortured
>have to watch some fag die and listen to another fag cry about it
>*wacky plot*
>something something BOSS
>something something BIG BOSS
>nanomachines/parasites
Hhhhmmm...really fires those neurons

it's cool hating on mgsv

No dumbass not the formula, he copied whole setpieces. Having a key that becomes 3 different keys depending on the temperature in 2 different games is just fucking lazy