Game collection thread

Game collection thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4QL9g72FMAE
youtube.com/watch?v=c9Km6vazzCw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well sorry OP, looks like it's just the two of us here

I don't collect as many games as I used to. Handhelds I do collect.

thanks

No problem man.

and uh, have fun

Handhelds.

thanks gabe

Because after NINE YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT.

why

WE ARE GOING TO GET...

YUME NIKKI 2.

oh-

someday ill update it
currently playing MHW

boring

painful to see

nice

thanks user.

and you sir, are a child.

Not him but it is boring. Easily the worst ITT.
It's just a mess, looks more like a shelf from gamestop than an actual collection.

Well how should he have it? With his dick in the way? A big ol open grin in the corner?

>Autistically collecting useless garbage and filling up your house with it.
I will never understand this. It's almost on par with autistically collecting figures.

Virgins the thread

>Sunset Riders
>GBC collection
My nigga

>stop liking what I don't like

>virgins
Ahahah you wish faggot, I have a girlfriend and she loves my collection.
Instead of losing time here, go get a gf that really loves vidya like you, you'll thank me later.
I mean... you love vidya, right?

your hand is not your girlfriend, even if you paint your nails or put lipstick on it as a form of a mouth.

>imagine being this hopeless

1/4, I have to update a couple of these pictures. Have to update this one for Kirby Battle Royale.

2/4, have to update this for Legendary Wings.

3/4

What a fucking soygoy. To think, video games on a physical medium reimagines the Victorian era, of a man with a study, filled to the brim with knowledge and entertainment, as a refuge from society and a reflection of himself, while serving as a reminder that it wasn't too long ago that it was acceptable for men to treat themselves.

Yet, here you are, showing off your ebook collection on your Amazon Kindle to everyone at Starbucks.

4/4, have to update this for Kwirk.

My humble collection of N64 games.

Just bought some paper sleeves and a box and threw away the cases
>tfw cut down 2 shelves into a tiny box
This triggers the collectorfag

Any suggestions for where to sell a small/medium sized collection? Nobody on Craigslist will buy because it’s too big but it’s so much of a bitch to part it out.

Why so many PS1 Lunar and Lunar 2s?

is the unlabeled yellow cart earthworm jim 3d?

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. I own EWJ 3D now though, that image is old. I actually had to chose between EWJ 3D and Bomerman 64: the Second Attack as a kid. Thank god I picked Bomberman.

I would've just stored the cases in a box and threw it in the attic. In a decade or so collectorfags would still pay you a pretty penny just for some pristine cases.

My Japanese copies of Sly 1 & 2.

>N64 corner
>literally 12 games

Why was there such a Nintendo collapse after the SNES era?

people moved to cds it was the hottest thing but imagine if the n64 went along too it would've been the most awesome shit especially since nintendo had the upper hand of using 64 bit.

re-imagines it to your liking maybe

That's disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourself. The labels aren't even the worst part but the fucking scribbling.

And did you really need to label Rocket: Robot on wheels? At least the same colored labels.

A few exclusives aside Nintendo really dropped the ball with the dumbass controller and sticking with cartridges which at the time were miles behind CD's which became standard by it's time. GameCube was a little better but they still managed to drop the ball by making the discs small as hell.

The scribbles I've had since I was a kid (hence the writing), the blues were from my later childhood, greens are from my adolescence and the pink ones are from adulthood.

Nintendo thought it would be a good idea to do carts instead of cds

>2018
>physical

he's obviously trolling. no one is that stupid to throw away the boxes.

Yeah but wouldn't you know yourself just by looking at the game? You still have to explain Rocket, Isn't it obvious that its your only red game?

Don't want to tell you what to do but do, don't get me wrong, but you really think that looks ok?

nothing wrong

Sold a big chunk of mine because I was tired of hording and bought a ps4 pro for myself so I can give my old one to my gf.

thanks

and uh, have fun

>buying SNES/NES games when cycle-accurate emulators exist

but isn't the authentic stuff good?

They're the same, except authentic stuff is absurdly expensive due to collectards.

have people moved on from zsnes yet? Aren't they playing Bsnes or Higan now.

people are collecting tapes again. my generation is fucking weird.

youtube.com/watch?v=4QL9g72FMAE

I was thinking about buying up some old tapes I had when I was a kid. Not that I would ever watch them, I would just let them collect dust on my shelf, just like all the other toys I have.

not bad

what are the green carts?
is your majora and your ocarina both gold with holos?
Nice conkers BFD. I always thought was a great game. There's nothing like it.
what are the blue and red carts?

also, do you have Starcraft 64 ?
if you do, or youve played it, is it good ? the controls mostly cos i know what the game is like.

I have several tapes and I love to listen to them. It's weird, sound quality is awful, there is constant buzz in the background, but somehow it feels good to me.

Not him, but I own it. The controls are as awful as you would expect controlling a cursor with a N64 analog stick would be.

The game also runs like trash like most N64 games. Terrible framerate. Literally no reason to own it beyond the novelty. I got it when it came out, didn't even know there was a PC version til a couple years later.

and uh have fun

The green carts are Army Men Sarge's Heroes 2 and Rayman 2. My OoT cart is 1.1 grey (still has red blood and fire temple chanting, some bugfixes and different shading on the N64 logo at the start). The MM cart is the day 1 holo cover though.
I actually haven't played Starcraft 64, I'd like to some day just for the novelty if I can find it for a good price.

doesn't look bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=c9Km6vazzCw

Kids who'd had a SNES got a PlayStation 1 because it was cool.
If you're 14 and it's 1997 and you had a SNES as a kid, that isn't cool anymore. N 64 wasn't cool. It was kiddy, the games were kiddy, the magazine was kiddy.
So you got a PS 1. It was a robust, reliable console and there was tons of games and everyone had one so getting controllers, borrowing games etc. was easy.
Your kid cousin and that weird boy who smelled funny had an N 64.

That, and the fact that the games were expensive cos they were on carts. New N 64 games were £ 49.99 (Some AAA titles were even as high as £ 65 )
New PS 1 games were £ 30 - 40 but dropped in price quickly, plus there were loads coming out each month whereas there were 2 and 3 month periods where no N64 games were coming out at all.

So it was expensive, it wasn't cool, and also there weren't many games. It did have some of the best games of all time on it though, so most people who had an N64 had Mario 64, Goldeneye, Ocarina, Banjo, Majora, Perfect Dark. Out of those 5 games you've got years and years of replay value.

Would anybody boot up a PS 1 now?
>...... L O A D I N G ......

>ywn be a child again
>ywn have the same feeling of happiness again

Have you ever tried sneaking past Mido in Ocarina by nudging the cart while its in the console ? I have done this.

What are the red and blue carts?

I'd like StarCraft 64, too, when I was a kid in 2000 it was my birthday and I was in a games store. I was offered 1 game for my birthday and it was between StarCraft and Pokemon Stadium... I took Pokemon Stadium after much deliberation, and that got played to death, (I had Starcraft on PC already).
But oh how I wish I'd got SC... I like in the UK so it'd be PAL. With its box, in good nick, it would be worth a couple hundred quid by now. Sheesh.
ALSO!
Do you remember the heavier the cart, the bigger the game? The really shitty games were on feather-weight carts.
I love that how big a game is in cart era is physically tangible.
I remember Conker's BFD being the heaviest cart I ever lifted.
other heavy carts are:
Ocarina
F Zero X

Compared to what? Compared to the PC version its awful, not to mention more expensive. You can get the HD remaster for 20 bucks whereas the N64 version is like $40 last I checked. Literally no reason to own it beyond novelty.

Not necessarily "game collection", but I just picked up this sweet-ass PVM to use with my game collection.

Currently have my NES, SNES, Genesis, Gamecube and PS2 hooked up to it. Currently most are hooked up via s-video though, I need to order some S-CART cables for the SNES, Genesis and PS2.

NES and Gamecube are likely to remain on composite and s-video, respectively. Both require modding to get a better quality image.

>NES and Gamecube are likely to remain on composite and s-video, respectively. Both require modding to get a better quality image.
Why not just play GC on Wii? it runs them natively and has component out. Not to mention you can mod and it and get every game for free.

Because my damn Wii is at my parents' house and I won't be back there for at least a few months. It's coming back with me the next time I visit though, along with my Dreamcast and original XBOX.

Also I have the Gameboy Player for the Gamecube, so it's worthwhile to leave it plugged in, theoretically. Though really I've been carrying around my GB Micro and playing those games on that or my AGS-101.

Speaking of my Micro, I just got a new faceplate in for that yesterday. I need some maroon repro buttons to go with it.

>threw away the cases
There is literally no point. All you're doing is reducing the value of collection by up to 100%. Without their cases, those games will be worthless or pretty much worthless in a few years.

I've never seen anyone post anything Mad Bull before

I mean I see them all the time when I go to thrift stores and they're like .50 cents.

Didn't the owner sell this?

for you

Small IQ
Happens all the time normal fags read a new york times article on Video game collecting than they by a bunch of stuff and sell it as soon as they get bored

bored of your ass