Why aren't games comfy anymore

why aren't games comfy anymore

because its the only thing you do in your free time
try other hobbies and you'll appreciate games more

Games are still comfy it's just that everyone plays the shittiest ones these days.

>comfy
Shut up.

Only indies are not-shit nowadays.
Sup Forums has shitty taste, that's why you only see people talk about Gook Story 23 and Fighting Game Rehash 12.

>playing the same old shit, can't remember the last time I truly smiled in a game
>dust off the wii and put in a copy of galaxy i just bought
>grinning like an autist numale every hour I played the first few worlds
this was a few years ago. stopped grinding to global on csgo and now I just play immediate gratification fun shit. much nicer feel tbqh.

you're playing the wrong games
personally i recommend emulatan some dreamcast

hollywodification of video games

Don't fall for this meme. I did, and now I don't enjoy playing video games, playing the piano, or target shooting instead of just not enjoying video games.

Personally, I started to enjoy the art of Japanese rpgs

>tfw no magic genie with three wishes
I'd wish for video games to be truly truly amazing right off the bat

I'd wish for every wojak poster to have their dicks rot off.

>tfw actually like videogames
>tfw like multiplayer, singleplayer, jrpg, shooter, puzzle, everything
>tfw it feels nice

it's okay, my other wish would be shapeshifting so I could just regrow it

I had my depressed ass start working out and reading history books because I cannot enjoy anything. So while I don't enjoy doing those things either, I at least feel better about my body and knowledge of the world. There's something concrete there.

>it won't fall off but it's still entirely gangrene and functionless

perfect

I'll guess I'll have to live the rest of my life with a telescopic prehensile vagina, oh well

He still has his shapeshifting ability

shapeshifting a rotten stump into a penis shape doesn't sound like a pleasurable end to me, but okay

That's not how shapeshifting works.
It's magic nigga

jfc I want normies to fucking die

I sort of get that. I have impressed females with my music and rednecks with my shooting, but I don't know how to parlay that into getting a gf or joining a psuedoterroristic militia. I'm just so alone.

You're older and aren't enjoying things you used to.

Find another hobby or play different games.

Because devs only care about graphix and political views instead of making a fun game. That or you're just getting old and life is destroying your imagination.

>a feels a feel, user...

I agree with this so much, god damnit...
Video games have become a strange joyless up-it's-own-ass experience.

I'm currently replaying the old Commandos games and I feel I'm reminded of when video games didn't try as hard to be in your face melodramatic, but were more understated, let the world and the feel of gameplay speak for itself and not have cringy expository dialogue cutscenes every five minutes.

Try this: Look up the old Medal of Honor: Allied Assault D-Day map and then look at the new Call of Duty version of the exact same material.
The CoD-version is of course much more flashy and expensive, but it introduces mini-game mechanics and a gamy leveling-up system in the middle of a heated, dramatic battle, it makes no sense.
They want to tell a super serious war story by putting you in the boots of a soldier, yet you're met with world-breaking gamey mechanics that belong in an iPhone game, it's an enormous blunder.
You can guess how the Medal of Honor version differs and succeeds on every level, but it struck me as a very clear example of what's wrong with (big budget) video games today.

Too little faith in their audience to have an imagination and immerse themselves in the world and too much shit cluttering the screen in hopes of keeping the player occupied and not bored.

I believe this is also why games like Minecraft and Papers Please are so succesful.
Keep it simple, keep it focused, don't oversell it.

Speaking for western games they are now mostly created by self hating whites pushing for identity politics coupled with greedy publishers trying to fuck you with Half finished Games/DLC/Microtransactions

Having political views can be a positive, though.
It means the creators actually have a pulse.
I know what you mean and I agree to some extend, but I wouldn't write off creators being passionate about something as a part of the problem.
IMO there is too little passion in video games.
(From the perspective of the audience, I know all these people probably wouldn't be working if they didn't like their job)

>You're older and aren't enjoying things you used to.

15 years ago i was doing LAN Parties playing Freelancer/UT2004/BF1942 32-64 Player matches playing through dozens of high quality maps and game modes all weekend long

Now you get no lan support with most games, a handful of maps, maybe 2-3 game modes and thanks to console shit need to be glad if you get anywhere near 16+ players

Games went backwards on so many levels its not even funny

I honestly wouldn't mind more politics in video games, but coupled with publishers looking over the shoulder of creators and waiting to get paid, I agree.

It really is just new games being shit, but there's exceptions, I put in 48 hours into Stardew Valley over the course of five days, it was magical, like reliving childhood.

>It means the creators actually have a pulse
Enjoy your upcoming "Fuck Donald Trump and fuck white people" series of games because thats the only shit the west will put out

this website is 18+

because my body hurts and i am alone

In many ways its the Harvest Moon Spiritual successor Japan is unable to put out since the new games are total crap

it's funny how when laptops have finally caught up with modern games to make LANs easy from a logistical standpoint there's zero new games worth lanning

Tetris is still comfy.

But we had games for years that you could tell a lot of love and time went into and they didn't shove their views down our throats. It can't be a coincidence that games started to drop in quality when they started putting their own political views into the games story and making it the main focus of a GAME.

well you could always play the old games shit like UT04/Quake3/CS1.6 still holds up along with a ton of other games but its hard to find people

super mario odyssey is comfy as fuck

I think that's a gross overstatement.
Papers Please is very political, it's just not beating you over the head with it.
It can definitely be done, but like every other aspect of doing something creatively, it has to be done right.
In any case, I wouldn't mind more video games with political views I don't agree with. Idk, I think it would be exciting to be challenged more by video games, but maybe I'm just weird like that.

I feel you're right, but you can also ignore all that shit and find plenty to play that's still great. I really enjoy Downwell for example. I still play Tetris. There's a lot of great indie shit like you mentioned.

This goes deeper the gamergate shit was onto something before it went full retard.

The moment these brainwashed millennial failed art students entered the work place shit went down the drain but due to their special snowflake status and the modern corporate world pandering to them its hard to get rid of them

I feel like there's going to be a backlash movement eventually when some of us that are pissed off at being told we should hate ourselves start making our own games expressing that frustration.

I want unfinished games to die.

I want early access bullshit to die.

I want all "bonus" content except full fledged expansions to die.

I want multiplayer and online focus to die.

I want no mention of the outside world in games.

I want to buy a game, install it/pop the disc in, play it, and know I experienced everything the developer intended me to.

>I think that's a gross overstatement

Speaking for american media absolutely not these faggots are jumping the shark by as seen with their Film/TV/Music Industry.

I dont need anymore nuWolfensteins with breastfeeding blackwomen and badass pregnant womyn of color saving dat white dude. Dont even get me started on shit Bioware has been putting out or how Blizzard is going full on hugbox with Overwatch

I feel like being a poorfag aged me about fifteen years since I lost my career. It wasn't so bad the first few years being broke, but the last couple of years have been fucking tough. Hard to get comfy when you can't sit without discomfort because of back and nerve problems.

at least you got your white male privilege and dont have to fear getting rape when you leave the house or be hunted down by nazis

Oh, I'm not saying you can't have one without the other. Lots of games don't rely on politics, and shouldn't.
I'm saying it's a completely valid element you can put into a story... you just have to do it right.
When I say it can be a positive I mean it in an 'at least they are trying'-kinda way.
I would much rather see someone create a passionate overly political game and fail horribly than have EA churn out slut machine suedo-games every three months.
I just want to see someone try to create SOMETHING and not just turn a profit any way they can.

>comfy aesthetic
>amazing soundtrack
>end-of-the-world atmosphere
>great characters
>no bullshit gameplay
>fun progression
>challenging bonus missions

They're out there, you just gotta find them.

too bad they never made another good game

I'm still waiting on my special white privilege and patriarchy card. I'm sure it's horrible in other countries but here you get special treatment if you're a woman or minority.

Some of that stuff I really don't mind, but I can kinda understand why someone would.
I like being told stories that I've never heard before... I don't know what it's like to be pregnant, fuck it, I'll play a video game with that concept! It's something new and I'll take it.
I'm not saying it will be good, but I'll allow myself to be intrigued.
But I am annoyed by huge cooperations trying to announce how WOKE their company is by having contrived diversity shoved in everywhere. It's one of the reasons i can't stand the new Star Wars movies.
I really don't mind a diverse scene, but I mind being scammed into thinking EA or Disney would give a flying fuck about these things if it didn't mean big bucks for them.

>these faggots are jumping the shark by as seen with their Film/TV/Music Industry.

I don't think I understand this sentence, though.

Arhhh come on guys, don't start

you've missed the point of a hobby
but congratulations on changing yourself

Because the west has been dominating the industry rather than Japan for the last two and a half generations.

Sorry. I'll try to stay on topic. :)

Half of them don't even have dicks to begin with.

Realism

this picture always makes me mad

Because it doesn't actually make sense without context.
Context that doesn't actually exist or work outside that user's head, probably.

Transistor is great and I haven't played Pyre yet but I'd rather they try different things each time than just more of the same like so many other developers like to do.

I have trouble finding games fun sometimes. Especially when I have weekends while I’m on call for work. I end up just sitting around all weekend with intense anxiety over whether or not I’m going to get a phone call and have to remotely log in to troubleshoot dumb shit. Sometimes I won’t even get called but I still do fucking nothing and feel like shit. I can’t just get up and go do something and then tell them that I’m out seeing a movie or some shit because I still want to live my life, but I’ll help after I get out of the movie if they still need help. Shit like that. I don’t even play video games. I kept having to pause every time they’d call and I’d just say “fuck it” and turn it off. Couldn’t play a game without a pause feature at all.

Maybe I just need to quit. I get paid a lot but I hate not doing shit and feeling anxious some weekends.

Not trying to start a console war, but honestly the Switch is really comfy. Only wish it had more comfy games to play. It has Minecraft, Stardew Valley, and a few more. Nobody seems to like this tip, but try it: 1) take one old cotton sock without any holes in it 2) fill with 3 cups dry rice 3) microwave in one minute intervals until it is really hot. 4) put under blanket near feet 5) pull out Switch or 3DS 6) enjoy comfy

Is it just me, or has Wojak posting completely taken over Sup Forums at this point? It feels like Sup Forums has gone from making OC and actual MS Paint comics, to just spamming Wojaks all day every day. I'm a massive newfag that only started going to Sup Forums in 2011, but I remember this board having way more variety and stuff going on.

>I really don't mind a diverse scene

Diversity in american media means replacing shit with either niggers or strong white womyn

What the fuck is wrong with you?

"The right one" is "being a single mother who keeps asking where all the good men went".

I just think the woman is being selfish because she doesn't want to put any effort into the relationship. It sounds like she's a selfish person that will never find Mr. Right because he doesn't exist and all relationships involve compromise.

This has been an issue for so long I've honestly become desensitized to it.

Wish they'd just release Harvest Moon DS for pc. All their new shit or the old titles they put out just aren't anywhere near as good.

I want my bloody mermaid wife back.

Because it reminds you of how much of a beta you are that you will never encapsulate anything remotely sexually desirable to the female sex?

>I just think the woman is being selfish because she doesn't want to put any effort into the relationship

thats why i hate it the comic ignores the fact that relationship are work and fuels the delusion of Mr/Mrs Right being out there and just happen to come along one day

Cant you emulate it?

No thats your problem

I did about 2 years back but the save file corrupted after the first winter and threw a hissy fit and deleted it.

I feel like Wojak spam is getting even worse these days, to be honest. I know that both Pepe and Wojak have gotten way out of hand since 2014, but I feel that things are getting to the point where literally everything on Sup Forums revolves around those two memes.

That's called natural selection you moron. If you're not "Mr. Right" you shouldn't get to reproduce and pollute the gene pool with your weakness.
I'm not the one bitching about hamfistedly denying the laws of nature you fucking soyboy commie retard.

I'm not gonna go there, because I have nothing against niggers or women.

I used to work from how writing marketing promotions and that was my life. Your comment really struck home because I know the feeling. I found it hard to explain to people because I wasn't "officially" on call, but every time something went wrong I had to be right there to fix it. I always felt like an anvil was going to come down on my head and still do honestly.

Pepe had some funny, weird coincidences at least which made it relevant for the time.
You're just witnessing the creative side of Sup Forums becoming bankrupt.

Why do you say that? There's plenty wrong with me, but I don't think my comment was that weird.

THIS THREAD HAS NOW OFFICIALLY DERAILED, IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED GUYS, I MEAN THAT, SEE YOU NEXT TIME

Games used to be about exploring new lands and trying new things.
Recent AAA games aren't willing to break new ground because they know the majority of consumers are willing to eat the same shit over and over, and begin catering to casual players who happen to be discovering games for the first time.

?

Be less cynical or get better taste

>still playing sins of a solar empire, darkest dungeon and close combat.

My video game life is comfy as fuck.

yeah women are these magical creatures going only by their natural instincts breeding only with the top tier of men! believe it!

not using the word parlay will help you.

>person finds way to make Wojak an endless pool of creative variation
>suddenly there's more Wojaks
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

it's too good of a template so everybody naturally gravitated to it

I would say part of the reason games have become less comfy is because of the toxic communities so many good games have now and I don't mean toxic in the traditional chadchattering and ego dickriding but more how whiny and bitchy it all now is.
Add in games don't even act subtle about politics and it destroys the fun and the escapism.

It looks fine to me.

Fuck off it was never on the rails bud

90% of Wojacks are exactly the same with a slight skin variation
>Your pic related

They were until (((they)))) stuck (((their))) degenerative (((hands))) into the heart of civilization with their genocidal propaganda and artificial false utopian vision.

For me, it’s an irritating feeling in the pit of my stomach. I hate it. I keep telling myself that I only need to stick it out for 2 years where I am and then I can go anywhere. But I’m not sure I can handle the anxiety and stress. What do you do now, user? Is it better than what you used to do?

This game is pretty comfy. I hope someone here will enjoy it.

5YTPC-4J06G-_XWZA

_ = twelfth letter of the alphabet.

Hi pol

the only real solution is to stop buying shit games and expecting them to be good

Blame jews all you want but at the end of the day white people are willingly feeding the propaganda and lies to their kids.

I find it helps to sit somewhere other than home.
If you guys make enough money maybe you should rent a small office.
Could be anything, even some shitty rehearsal space for loser bands or whatever, just somewhere that isn't home.
Bring a book, have a little project on the side you can work on while waiting on call.
You'll go insane just sitting at home, I swear.
I think part of why you can't enjoy video games is that you're not really at home relaxing and you're not really at work.
I didn't play video games for a long time, but this Christmas break my brother and I sat down and played through Bloodbourne start to finish.
It was the best time, I had just finished a large project and my brother and I really deserved to just fool around and immerse ourselves in something else for a pretty intense couple of days.