Super Smash Bros 5: Daily roster thread #2002

Remeber PuyoNewfags: just because your OC's are New and Shiny dosen't make them more Relvant than Arle Nadja

Reminder that Smash 5 hasn't been announced in any capacity and starting the hype train now is pure unfiltered autism and stupidity.

autism

bump

Arle is the fucking best puyo character and if you disagree you're wrong. Raffine is an acceptable, but not the only, answer for runner up

>Raffina
>Not Carbuncle

At the very least, it's not Ally

Shit, you right senpai. I remember back in the fever days when I was a kid, stryggling to unlock him. Good times

Might as well list the characters I think we would see in the next smash.

First Party:
>Inkling
>Spring Man
>Wolf
>Ice Climbers
>Rex
>Sylux
>King K. Rool
>Paper Mario
>Takamaru
>Karate Joe
>New Gen 8 Pokemon Rep
>New FE Rep

Third Party Reps are hard to figure but here are a few I could see in:
>Bomberman
>Rayman
>Simon Belmont
>Doom Guy
> Maybe Snake

Cut characters:
I don't think many cuts will occur but I do think a few should get the slip.
>Roy and Lucina. I don't hate FE but if they do need to add a new rep that these two should go.
>Sheik. Honestly I think that they should replace her with Impa, but the chance of that happening is little to none.

>OCEAN MAN

Dark Matter
>ram attack (charged, rams forward, then returns to his original spot if he misses)
Based on his move in KDL2, and Zero's move in KDL3
>dark lightning (can be angled up and down)
Based on his and the orange Dark Matter's lightning attacks in KDL2 and KDL3 respectively
>shadow balls (up to 3 at once, they chase you slowly but disappear quickly, or one big fast one could be charged from his sword)
Based on possessed King Dedede's attack in KDL3
>phase shadow (move on the ground as a shadow for a short while)
Based on Dark Matter's behavior in a K64 cutscene
>dark sword beams (shoots projectiles from his sword)
Based on his sword beams in KDL2
>dark fire pillar (summons a pillar of dark fire in front of him)
Based on Dark Daroach's fire pillar from KSqSq
He could also have some sword attacks and new uses of dark energy/dark lightning.

>Final Smash: Final Form
>becomes a hairless oval with a bigger eye and purple petals
>can fly around freely
>can shed his purple petals which fly into enemies
>much more powerful ram attack, he leaves his petals behind to explode
>much more powerful dark lighting, shot from his eye like in the original game

Why are these short sighted threads a thing? At e3 there can pretty much be a game that turns an irrelevant character relevant again, most of you will get BTFO for that very reason.

>there can pretty much be a game that turns an irrelevant character relevant again, most of you will get BTFO for that very reason.
duh?

bump

>>Doom Guy
Ignoring the fact that Snake is still comes from the most violent series that was featured in Smash, on top of his having just ports as Doom's relationship with Nintendo, what makes you think this random ass WESTERN character can get into Smash? At least with Diddy Kong, he is DK's nephew/sidekick.

>what makes you think this random ass WESTERN character can get into Smash
>"muh fake rules"
cite a quote from Sakurai on Western characters then we'll talk.
stupid nig

Sakurai better put my boy Akuma in as a hidden character.

Is the use of "autistic" REALLY necessary there? You could've conveyed the same message with "hysterical" without the ableism.

Here is your obligatory (You). Run along now.

Mama should have been in by now.

@405565764
>>>/tumblr/
you don't deserve a (You)

How about a Kirby rep with some actual relevancy

Considering Nintendo's investment on mobile, they'll probably add at least one character from those games. I guess this is the most likely choice.

>one-off
yeah, i guess people should run for Rundas over Sylux instead
but then again, he's perfect for Sakurai to resurrect the old "vehicular item" idea for Sukapon

>Not picking best wife .

>non-mainline spinoff
not a chance

>Nintendo's first and most successful push into mobile
more likely than you think

you can be the best selling Pokemon or Mario spinoff game in years yet its contents will end up in the same place it always been
and speaking of that, Veronica's perfect for a new FE Assist Trophy

F

Your getting a Pokémon go stage and your going to like it

Honestly I can see him given the moveset they gave him in Ziplash

What Assist Trophies could upgrade to a full character?

Takamaru?
Dillon?
Samurai Goro?

Dillon's getting a new game so he has a good chance

Dillon

objective best taste itt coming through

>objective best taste
>trash from Other Movie

This is going to be your roster, better suck it up. And before you say anything, I forgot Ganondorf.

>Sylucksfags still mad nobody cares about him
>Anthony was the best part of Other M and at least became a meme, which is more than Sylucks can say

I think there's an argument to be made for Doomguy, or most western third parties in general, lacking the same global popularity as the likes of Cloud, Ryu or Pac-Man, etc. Smash's third parties are characters that people all over the world can recognize as icons of gaming and their genres (and Bayonetta). They just happen to also all be of Japanese origin. Doomguy is an icon of video games and the FPS genre in the western world, but how many people in Japan know or care about Doom or the FPS genre? Are his historical merits enough to get him a spot if they're irrelevant to such a large portion of Smash's fanbase?

By the same token, Dragon Quest is unlikely to get a spot on the roster due to its lack of popularity in the west. It's a harsh restriction, but a fair one I think. As much as I'd like to see it happen, I don't think Doom as a franchise really has what it takes.

>Knuckles
Forget about it, after the whole ugandan knuckles shit he'll never be in Smash.

Would you be upset if ALL third parties were DLC only? I heard from a business perspective this will likely happen to separate proceeds for character rights and profit sharing

- - - -

I used to not want Slippy toad or Dark matter in at all.. but you guys have memed them enough to appear on my wanted list.

-----

What do you think of Pokemon getting skins of their prevo/evos with slight size changes but retaining their exact movepools?

What does T/F mean

what ever happened to that game? no news at all

Transformations aren't coming back user.

>>Sylucksfags still mad nobody cares about him
[citation needed]
>Anthony was the best part of Other M
>AYO PRINCESS REMEMBUH ME XDD
>jobs to Ridley clone
and still from a trash Metroid game

hey you know one more thing? Sylux did get representation in Smash game. Unlike the nigger federation soldier.
so enjoy getting cucked the second time, idiot

Klonoa and Starfy aren’t even relevant anymore.

It's japan only atm. And yeah, there's no new info, I guess.

Third parties like Sonic, Pacman & Megaman will probably stay free, plus the newcomer to hype shit at e3...maybe two free newcomers. But characters like Ryu and Cloud will obviously stay as DLC.

Eh
I'm about as big of an Akuma fan as it gets but if we had another Capcom rep I'd want Dante or Chun or someone with a drastically different non-shoto playstyle

that is not a citation from Sakurai
i said post a quote of Sakurai talking about western characters, not bullshit "fake rules" from the fanbase's asshole

Neither were Little Mac, Duck or Roy.

Transformations yeah. Sakurai said they were taken out for the same reason ice climbers were... the 3ds couldnt handle them.

& if they in fact were not coming back I 100% think Shiek would be replaced with Impa

>inb4 someone gets confused why i put t/f on banjo&kazooi because they dont "transform" =_= Cmon, you know what I mean, surely

I'm an entirely different user. I was just posting what I figured to be relevant information to the conversation.

>Cmon, you know what I mean, surely
Do they transform into Yooka and Laylee?

give spring man, wonder red, and travis touchdown
>jack
supreme taste but i think they'd put in travis over him, given that he's only had one game on their system and is less relevant in this day and age. still, i'd prefer him. anarchy reigns and madworld were dope as fuck

>>AYO PRINCESS REMEMBUH ME XDD
More memorable than anything Sylucks ever did
>>jobs to Ridley clone
*saves Samus and survives by pulling some Die Hard shit*

Here's your citation, fag

People keep forgetting about Pauline

Little Mac appeared in Captain rainbow which sparked interest in Japanese audience.. as well as Little mac recieving punch-out for the wii and being put in as an assist trophy in brawl easily because he is a nintendo first party..

Plus hed been recieving little easter eggs in things like mii boxing and other fighting centred nintendo things. Referee Mario also became somewhat of a meme back then.

Speaking of memes.. Duck hunt dog has ALWAYS been a meme in gaming in general.. plus again he is a first party character and fills the niche of an instantly recognizable retro character.

Roy appeared in melee to push his game coming out at the time in the same respect Greninja got into Smash 4. He got into Smash 4 because he is still relatively popular as shown in the polls. Plus hes a sexy ginger. I doubt hell be back in the next game unfortunately.

They switch between each other [banjo & kazooi] and recieve a completely unique movepool per character. It would look the same in game coding as zelda/shiek

>Banjo and Crash

are you actually retarded?

>Started on Nintendo and has been publicly approved by head of Xbox, Nintendo allows Microsoft IPs like Minecraft on their system
>Hasn't been a Sony franchise since the early 2000s, DK and Bowser both appear alongside Crash in Skylanders
Both of them make more logical sense than Cloud or Bayonetta.

>More memorable than anything Sylucks ever did
>from a game that couldn't out Hunters and Zero Mission
im laffin
>*saves Samus and survives by pulling some Die Hard shit*
and still jobbed to Ridley, when someone else did the job

>Here's your citation, fag
and here's mines on your case

Klonoa also had a Wii game that game out a year prior to Punch Out in Japan and the same year for the rest of the world, he had a (short lived) official web comic, is getting a movie and was reference in Tekken 7, showing that Namco still recognizes him. Starfy also had a DS game that came out a year before the Punch Out game in Japan and the same year everywhere else. He also has an assist trophy.

>Moving goalposts to sales and a debate on Other M's quality when that was never in question
Other M is garbage but Anthony is at least a character with a personality, unlike Sylucks.

>and still jobbed to Ridley, when someone else did the job
Samus is the only one that gets to beat Ridley. He saved Samus, allowing her to beat Ridley.

>Neither were Little Mac, Duck or Roy.
and? one of big reasons why Ice Climbers because they had no new game backing them, so Sakurai just gave up on fixing them and dropped them anyways.

We aren't getting a full Smash 5.

We are getting a Smash Bros 4 "deluxe" port that will probably add a few more characters(like MK 8 deluxe did).

>>Moving goalposts to sales and a debate on Other M's quality when that was never in question
when did i move goalposts? the nig was from a niche Metroid game while Sylux was in two popular Metroid titles
>Anthony is at least a character with a personality, unlike Sylucks.
he has a personality to a generic Ardanian Soldier (DON'T FORGET ME YA DONE THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME) while Sylux actually has a in-detail backstory

>Samus is the only one that gets to beat Ridley. He saved Samus, allowing her to beat Ridley.
the Ridley clone retreated and got his nut sucked by the Queen. Basically like saying SSB Vegeta beated Frieza, when youknowwho stole the kill.

>when did i move goalposts?
The argument was that Sylucks never did anything memorable, whereas Anthony did, multiple times. You then changed the subject to sales. Which is honestly even more embarrassing, since Anthony is STILL remembered more than Sylucks despite being in a game that sold less.
>he has a personality to a generic Ardanian Soldier
Ah yes, I forgot that all the other faceless soldiers had endearing, Sam L. Jackson personalities
>Sylucks actually has backstory
Cute, Anthony does, too. He also has dialogue, a personality, and a role in the story.
Samus was still alive to beat Ridley, which she wouldn't have been, if Anthony hadn't saved her.

fuck

pew pew pew

Why is it always the same old comments in these threads? Can't any of you come up with anything interesting that hasn't already been said?

How is it that no one ever suggests anything from Bandai Namco? You know, the guys who are no doubt working on the next Smash again?

Here’s what I’m more interested in

Characters that were originally split up
It’s clear at this point it’s better off to keep them seperate

But then, what would that mean for newcomers, would we see newcomers with transformations again or just tag team characters

>The argument was that Sylucks never did anything memorable,
he started a rebellion against the federation, defeated Samus on their first encounter using stolen federation tech, having the affinity weapon needed for Samus to obtain the Omega Cannon to defeat Gorea, now hunting down Samus since secret ending of MP3 and stealing a Metroid with ease in Federation Force.
> whereas Anthony did, multiple times.
yeah, jobbing to Ridley and scream AYO PRINCESS multiple times. you barely seen in the shitty gameplay either
>You then changed the subject to sales
the subject was relevant because Anthony has zero shot on the roster (lol nigga didn't get a trophy in Smash) since its not the latest major Metroid game anymore.
see >since Anthony is STILL remembered more than Sylucks despite being in a game that sold less.
the secret ending to MP3 and MP4 sparking discussion about him says other wise
>Ah yes, I forgot that all the other faceless soldiers had endearing, Sam L. Jackson personalities
irrelevant, you can be voiced by Norio Wakamoto and inspired by John Cena and still be a generic piece of shit
>Cute, Anthony does, too. He also has dialogue, a personality, and a role in the story.
which is all inferior to what Sylux does as well
especially in Smash, don't even get me started on his move set possibilities

>How is it that no one ever suggests anything from Bandai Namco?
Sakurai and the Tales producer(/director?) did say they wanted Lloyd to appear in Smash one day

>no doubt

Sakurai always chooses a different team to handle smash bros and any of his projects

The Brawl team ended up making a TMNT smash clone, Sakurai literally picked random people specifically to make Kid Icarus Uprising and then shut it down and sent them back to their original positions

>being an anti syluxfag

I used to be like that... until i found out how involved he is in the metroid universe.
Metroid Prime 3
Metroid Prime Hunters
Metroid Federation Force
Metroid 4's main protagonist

He's unique and fills the spot for another Metroid Rep. While not being "TOO BIG" or from a game everyone wants to forget.

>Bandai
Digimon rep and Tamagotchi stage when?
V-Pets are important in vidya history and yet are currently unrepresented.

*antagonist, fuck

That better?

>I used to be like that... until i found out how involved he is in the metroid universe.
He appeared in one ending of Prime 3. He was barely involved at all.

Federation Force has a really bad reception with fans, so I doubt Nintendo will even acknowledge it in Smash.

Ridley plays a way bigger role throughout the entirety of the series.

will my dick be playable

>He appeared in one ending of Prime 3
still matters. its a key reminder that he's the next major antagonist of the newly "numbered" Metroid Prime sub-series after the Phazon trilogy
>Federation Force has a really bad reception with fans
the Metroid fanbase all agreed the secret ending is the one of the justifiable things of Federation Force. just bring up the game and you'll see someone talking about the ending mostly.
not mention most of the hate was from the people who wanted a normal game so it was all resolved by E3 2017, but that doesn't matter.
>so I doubt Nintendo will even acknowledge it in Smash.
Other M was everywhere in Sm4sh so no. Also the Sticker Star stage.
>>Ridley plays a way bigger role throughout the entirety of the series.
well the thing is Ridley is still being blocked from the roster (after a decade) and isn't appearing in the next new Metroid Prime game making his priorities low. Regardless of that, and as much as i don't mind playable Ridley, the chances of a SR388 stage with a stage boss is still pretty high.
the second thing is that Sylux will be a case for Prime share in the Metroid representation. so anyone clashing Sylux and Ridley over roster spots needs to back off, its all different matters.

I just want Klonoa and Travis Touchdown

SMI242018

is there any archived version of the esrb leak?

there was this

bump

>he still goes on about "muh nintendo appearances" when Sakurai said its a courtesy to need it, not required
unless you just really hate non-nintendo stuff, Bartz and Onion Knight was at least another Final Fantasy suggestion for "Nintendo-eccentric" autists like you

Dark Matter appeared in the same game though.

>unless you just really hate non-nintendo stuff
I don't, but I would like my Nintendo All-Stars game to mostly be full of Nintendo characters that Nintendo fans liked.

>Steve from minecraft
So 12-year-olds really do run this board

I want a story mode with cool boss fights like Brawl

But have some tag team boss fights

Like Metal Sonic and Springtron

>but I would like my Nintendo All-Stars game to mostly be full of Nintendo characters that Nintendo fans liked.
since Brawl they drop the "Nintendo All-Star" title (to "Great Frey") since Brawl when they added 2 guest characters in the game
even then the roster still dominates Nintendo characters, even guests that appeared on Nintendo consoles.
you're not showing any indication you don't hate non-Nintendo stuff, which is too proving my point

I don't care for the change in direction. I would have preferred fan service from Nintendo franchises over turning into an overall Icons game, I can get icons from their games, but some other Nintendo stuff could only really get the spotlight in Smash. The Prince of Sable assist trophy in Sm4sh was the kind of thing I like
>you're not showing any indication you don't hate non-Nintendo stuff, which is too proving my point
I don't need to, and it doesn't prove your point. It isn't a relevant point either. I like Smash 64 and Melee the most, I think Brawl was well-presented too, though Sm4sh has better basic gameplay.

>I don't care for the change in direction.
nothing has changed, just the title. which is basically just Nintendo All-Stars AND Guests without saying.
>I don't need to, and it doesn't prove your point.
my point was that its been said that guest characters don't need Nintendo appearances to join. Crash doesn't need it (specifically all those GBA spinoffs nobody talks about, even Skylanders), nor does Cloud or Bayo, and Banjo being a rival company IP doesn't matter either after the "forget about console wars, lets all have fun" quote.
nothing more logical when its the same case for those other twos in Smash 4. just ask S-E for Bartz and Banjo next game, then if you want Nintendo-originated guests.

bump

Bayonetta is quite literally a Nintendo girl now. Fucking deal with it.