Now that Nintendo is embracing what fans ACTUALLY want in their series...

Now that Nintendo is embracing what fans ACTUALLY want in their series, like Mario Odyssey being somewhat of a sequel to Mario 64 and making Samus Returns a 2D platformer, do you think they'll give the same treatment to the Paper Mario series? Do you think they'll make a Paper Mario game similar to TTYD or is the series doomed to be shit from now on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0YeeVhz_iXw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I really hope so, but Mario Odyssey's whole.kingdom shit would've been so much better if they tied the spinoffs, imagine a Luigi's Mansion kingdom or diamond city as a kingdom or rogueport etc. Hell throw other franchises in there id love to jump around in satorl Marsh or some shit, huge missed opportunity man. But yeah it seems they might be listening but I say that with little confidence

Would you take:

Sticker Star/Color Splash 2
or
Super Paper Mario 2

A Color Splash sequel would be perfect if it was a RPG this time and all the NPC's weren't fucking Toads.
Sticker Star is irredemable garbage.

>The old Paper Mario games, they were obviously RPGs and had a lot of good elements, but they weren't just about the RPG elements. They were full of solving puzzles, solving mysteries, the color factor, the visual style. For the Paper Mario series, we're focusing more on those elements — the puzzle-solving.

>Personally, I don’t give much thought to how we are leaving old methods behind in any series, not just Paper Mario. I always prioritize thinking about how we can build new methods and new elements. Of course, there were some series where we have not made big changes to the systems, but sometimes that’s because we feel as though these systems haven’t been perfected yet, or the gameplay can be expanded even further.
move on
stop making the fucking "yfw the next paper mario at e3 is like TTYD" threads

move
on

I'm ashamed of myself for feeling this way but I honestly had more fun with color splash than with my first playthrough of super paper mario. That game should have been a movie or a comic or something, the only really shitty part is the gameplay

While other games are taking turns & going back to their roots could lead one to believe they could for Paper Mario I'm very doubtful of it based on what Tanabe has said. I hope every day though.

Super Paper Mario 2 or something completely original (which is what it seems like we're getting based on the information we've been given). I hate SS/CS's gameplay way too much to even want to deal with it again, hell I'd be a lot more ok with them if they simply dropped the turn-based combat.

Maybe they could make a Super Paper Mario games with creative enemies, no FUCKING padding city puzzle garbage, a shitton less dialogue, and platforming everywhere instead of barely there.

Tanabe and Tabata confirmed Paper Mario will be experimentation focused on the paper gimmick to differentiate it from Mario & Luigi because you can't have two RPGs...because.

color splash 2. Super paper mario is one of the most boring and generic platformers I've ever played. The story is great and it's really fucking funny but it's just not fun to play

>Let's fix what isn't broken!
It's fucking stupid

Shiggy-daddy's cummies~!

No story, no buy

user, spare yourself the pain, don't get your hopes up.There will never be a PM64/TTYD-esque Paper Mario game ever again and you know it. You're better off learning how to code and making your own indie paper game from the ground up. At least that would come out sometime in the next ten years, unlike another true Paper Mario game.

>we can't have another RPG Paper Mario because Mario & Luigi
>we can't have another Advance Wars because Fire Emblem
>we can't have another F-Zero because Mario Kart
For fuck's sake, why they don't get their shit together.

>tfw the main IS team went on to handle FE
>they aren't even good and killed two series by ignoring one and letting shit tier teams handle the other

>Paper Mario
rather have any other long dead franchise revival than that.

I'd like to think so, but Nintendo did say "relatively" recently that they don't want 2 Mario RPGs (Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi), so I wouldn't count on a glorious return to form for PM anytime soon. It's a pretty morbid prediction, but I genuinely believe the only time we'll ever get a true TTYD successor is whenever Miyamoto dies or retires (which I'm pretty fucking certain will be when he dies)

>BUT MIYAMOTO
paper mario is dead and you can thank fire emblem + a team that would rather get ideas from watching children at daycare

I mean, the two RPGs were already pretty distinct from each other

Shut up Kokichi

you've had your chance

give us another f-zero

As long as people think it was Miyamoto's idea to shit the PM games up with Toad, Paper Mario as a franchise will stay dead.

That's what a lot of fans think but to them it doesn't seem to be sadly.

I'd prefer another Mario & Luigi game instead.

Yeah, I don't give a fuck.

That's kind of a cool idea. Mario travels to other dimensions which are actually other game universes.
The final one is Green Hill Zone

No partners
Toads only
Final Destination

Super Paper Mario 2, no question. One of the weirdest Mario games to date.
youtube.com/watch?v=0YeeVhz_iXw

Sticker Star was the new standard for Paper Mario. They're not changing it anytime soon. Mainline Mario is fine, but spin-off Mario titles will not receive the same treatment.

I like the fact that is just says Toads at the end instead of the "T." names

Can't waste that valuable man power on anything that won't sell like hotcakes, you know. And while we're at it,

>we can't have another Wario Land because Mario

That's because they just straight up don't even have names anymore. At best, it would have to be some generic titles like "Train Conductor Toad" or "Flower-Planting Toad". Can't go confusing kids and polluting that Mario™ Brand by having Toads with names, different clothes, and genders that actually make them feel fleshed out as a species rather than just copypaste population fodder.