What is the best game ever made by only ONE person?

What is the best game ever made by only ONE person?

the undertale thread is around here somehwere

Knytt's good, minecraft is an obvious choice, rct was entirely chris sawyer, axiom verge is pretty damn high quality for a one man job, dust an elysian tale is alright too.

But yeah my vote goes to iji. undertale is garbage.

Absolutely no contest.

After all these years, it's still the best.

Axiom Verge

>singlehandedly creates one of the biggest fandom of the world
>all while being drunk as fuck

Iji wasn't technically made 100% by one person- the soundtrack was outsourced to a couple other folks (later renamed Hyperduck Music), plus the voice acting, and the fact it was made in Game Maker itself instead of being 100% from scratch like . Fantastic game anyway though, still one of my all-time favorites.

Undertale wasn't made by one person, he had helpw ith the sprites at the very least.

Probably one of the most meh games I've played in recent years

Thread/

>Iji will never get a remake or sequel
On one hand, it means normies will forever be too casual to play it. On the other hand, I would strangle a man to death for a new version with better graphics that fixes the flaws of the original game.

Spiderweb games are made by one guy, and are great.

So is Tales of Maj'Eyal.

>ToME
lol

Will gaming ever recover?

Remar just dropped 1.7 not too long ago, which updates some of the cutscene art and rebalances a bunch of stuff, some for the better and some for maybe the worse. I can't hate the graphics too much, both because of the obvious Out Of This World influence and after reading how he made them (drawing in basically Paint over renders of basic models made in a version of Blender so old it didn't even have an undo function).

/thread

LISA trilogy

ToME has a few developers.

but undertale is bad

It's better than any Sup Forums project in the last few years. For all the shitposting Sup Forums does about indie games, they actually don't make or play games anymore.

>Sup Forums project
you're not fucking proving anything.

Have Sup Forums or the game maker general in /vg/ actually finished anything good? Honest question. The only thing that comes to mind is Katawa Shoujo and that's a fucking VN

The alien voices are still the best part of this game, the Komato give you a real deranged maniac feel. Every once in a while I think back and hear it in my head
>KILL!

iji feels like it was made by ulilililia

How long did Notch work on minecraft by himself?
If that version has multiplayer Minecraft wins, the discussion is over.
If not, it might be up there.