So what GPU do you plan on buying this year, PCfriends?

So what GPU do you plan on buying this year, PCfriends?

For anyone who hasn't been paying attention, idiots are bulk-buying GPUs to mine cryptocurrency.

most people don't buy one GPU per year. that's for ultra-enthusiasts. was about 4-5 years before i upgraded mine

So when can I buy a used 1080ti for 50 dollarydoos?

Im stuck with a r9 280x, and no way to change it at reasonable price. Fucking mining babies. They need to crash, now

>quite literally the cost of electricity for mining exceeds the returns
>retards can’t even do simple multiplication problems before dumping tens of thousands of dollars into a dead end investment

You're gonna have to buy one if you want to play FFXV at 1080p/60fps because it has the double whammy of being a PC port from a typical dipshit JP dev team and being fucked in every hole by Goyworks.

Another week so long as you're willing to buy one that's been worn out harder than a one-cent whore in a one-whore brothel.

I just got myself a 1080ti and an i9.

>i9
I can't imagine getting cucked by the blue Jew this brutally.

280x shouldn't be that bad. i had a 270 before i upgraded

i didn't even buy that shit for PS4 when i saw it on sale for twenty

it's funny, because even at the current prices he's turning a profit.

only cuck here is you, poor boy.

>He doesn't hides his mining machine at work

Getting my raise one way or another that bitch.

>>quite literally the cost of electricity for mining exceeds the returns

They are either mining other cryptocurrency than bitcoin, or are part of very large scale operations with economies of scale..

>implying he made over 35K in 3 weeks.

Its a good chip, I looked at performance comparisons and everything. Only one better is the i7 7700k, and that's only for single threaded processed. This guy has 10 cores.

>Btc goes for 1k to 20k in 6months Sup Forums doesnt give a shit btc goes for 20k to 8k Sup Forums thinks btc its over
Bhahhahahaha

>He buys a pc only for games
Bahahahahaha

Got 1080ti from friend for dirt cheap. Now I just hope Intel gets their head out of their ass

where's the screaming pink wojaks

I'm curious if they posted something on their facebook after the crash a few days ago.

extremely gay samefag

How dirt cheap are we talking?

*screams*

>Btc being relevant on a discussion of GPU mining
So in other words you don't know shit but feel like arguing about something.

Considering crypto is crashing by the hundreds every hour, a brand new 11x0 series card.

>retard doesnt now how to setup a build, its about to set the oc and underclock to balance the hash/Cost.
>let me guest you play on console cuz i bet its to hard to setup the drivers on you pc

no screams now
soon i'll be at peace

Nice eye sherlock

God damn it, I hope their imaginary internet money market crashes.

Good call. half my playtime on ps4 is fucking loading screens
And a quarter of it is watching the car drive itself
Seriously it's such a fucking chore to get to the fun stuff in that game

Fuck, this makes me irrationally angry. I hope they lose it all.

Mine some alt buy btc cash btc, i bet you only keep your alt and have literally useless money

>Doest have a hybrid hhd and wc on their ps4
This poorfag kiddo

$400. my friend is stupid rich. he had two mismatched 1080tis and "didn't like the aesthetic" so he sold me one and replaced it with another.

They're just hoping their monopoly money will blow up like Bitcoin and Etherum did.

people mine to swap for btc and even then btc sets the tone for other cryptos

Did this normal get meme'd or is he actually going to turn a profit with this?

Bought a 1070 back in 2016 have no reason to upgrade.

>and being fucked in every hole by Goyworks.
You act as if gameworks can't be turned off.

ITT: children are mad because adults are buying up all of "their" toys

Upgrading from a 970 to a 1080ti and buying a 1440p monitor

I'm gonna buy an i5-8600k since I already have an RX570 that I bought like 2 years go.
Is it any good or should I save up for something else?

He got memed so hard.

I'm not mad about anything. I'm concerned. Please don't kill yourself.

>1080ti sli instead of buying a titan v
What a retard

Reminder that Nvidia and third party manufacturers (EVGA, MSI etc) are selling at MSRP if you buy directly from their store.

>10% dip
>cause for panic

Man, you must have zero testosterone in your body.

8700k minimun, and a 1080ti.

dont. Wait until 1100 series at this point you fucking dingus

Let's just hope this ends before the next recession

Hush retard im selling toons of 1070 that i bought on sale mine 24/7 for 6 months on ebay for 800$ and they sold like hotcakes.

>t. hodl fag who bought in december

BUY HIGH SELL LOW

bitcoin was 20k 2 weeks ago, now it is at 8k

and then when those cards are released i'll be told to wait until the next set are out again

NONONO NO NO NOOOOOOOO

>Couples who mine together stay together
Do couples who crash together murder-suicide?

Youre beyond help.

20k was back in december, 15k on january, 8k now. On jan 2017 was 1k

With the prices of vgs now they can double all their investment on the vgas alone without conting all the coins they farmed

This is not MSRP. This is more than $300 over the launch price.

I got a bit pissed off at losing money after today's stock market losses.

Then I remembered that buttcoin miners exist.

Only Nvidia are doing 100% MSRP prices and they are out of stock on most cards it seems. It's also with the stock cooler but it's pretty good this time around.

like i said, stupid rich.

>See the top of the line vgas
This is not msrp

Go ahead and buy a reference design gpu.

lmao

Dow's gonna tank

Don't listen to this faggot, the i5-8600k is a great CPU for the price. If you have the money, then do listen to that faggot, but a little overclocking and you get the similar performance while saving a few hundred dollars. Since graphics are going anywhere anytime soon, your graphics card should hold up as well if you continue to use 1080p. If you need to upgrade the graphics card, the new generation of cards is coming out soon, hopefully crypto mining settles down and you can find a current generation geforce 10XX for a reasonable price.

Who else 750 ti in 2018

>trump says his economic plan is reaganomics on steroids
>market crashes in 1 year instead of 8
He keeps his promises.

>paying for crypto when you could just be using sweatcoin
fucking brainlets

>mfw Reagan would have been reviled by the right of today
The Overton window has shifted so fucking far, it's insane.

>needs to buy and aftermarket cooling system to do oc, which brind the cost close to the 8700k which with oc its even better. The only mobos right now are the z370 series which are a waste with 8700 and bellow. Either just wait for budget mobos or get a 8700k or dont bother at all and go buy an amd crap or a console you dirty pleb

WAIT, They made a 1080ti Kingpin!?, when did it come out?, back when I bought my FTW3 it wasn't in the selectable options.
FUCK!, I always buy the kingpin version but why wasn't it available along with the FTW3!?
Fucking REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EVGA.

oh gee, who saw this coming

Once the bitcoin plumets to less than what the cards cost, about 50% off a second hand 1080

>PC gaming is cheaper than console gami-

It'll be way cheaper once these crypto currencies take a dive and they have to resell these cards at reduced prices

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT
STOP REMINDING ME I CAME TO Sup Forums TO FORGET ABOUT ALL THIS SHIT

I PUT BOTH OF MY KIDS' UNIVERSITY FUNDS INTO THIS SHIT
FIRST I BOUGHT AT 18K AND PANIC SOLD AT 9K
THEN WHEN IT CLIMBED BACK TO 12K I BOUGHT AGAIN
NOW IT'S AT 8K

MY WIFE IS GOING TO FUCKING DIVORCE ME MY LIFE IS LITERALLY ENDING AS I'M LOOKING AT THIS COMPUTER SCREEN, STARING AT RED NUMBERS

The price of the 1070 I've been eyeing returned to pre-mining levels (probably because Nvidia Volta got announced? I dunno anything about anything) so I've placed an order. They're still cleared out, with no restocking date, though.

i can tell you're really good at making poor life choices

huh?

BUY HIGH SELL LOW

an UNUSED 1080ti
No way am I dumb enough to buy a minetards sloppy seconds

I bet you also buy cars that were used as a taxi for 10 years and pat yourself on the back for making a great deal.

k

i already have a good card, dude. only plebs who want to get into PC now are the ones suffering

>market crash
>still higher than the start of the year
I blame the bond yields rising and huge gains in january for the selloff

MY GTX 960 IS ALL I NEED REEEEEEE
I DIDN'T NEED AN UPGRADE ANYWAYS, THANKS CRYPTONIGGERS

YOUR BUTTCOINS BETTER FUCKING CRASH WHEN CYBERPUNK 2077 COMES OUT REEEEEE

>very large scale operations with economies of scale

yeah, instead of losing a little they're multiplying their losses

>450$ budget vga cheapper than a console
Bahhahwhahahahahah

Time to go to /biz/ and get some new pink wojaks

I work in the business of doing CG and our boss uses our workstation comps, meeting comps, portable comps and SECTORS OF OUR backup server to mine bitcoins.

This has NOT gotten out of hand.

Nope

Time to get a Xbox One X and get off this ride

No you won't

That sounds very inefficient. He's probably losing money on electricity bills doing it.

baked 750ti here , the wait is literally killing me

Its gotten to the point of stupidity. Also yes he prolly is bleeding cash but I'm guessing its not his loss since it will factor into business expense but BITCOINS are conveniently NOT mined for company profit ofc.
Guess where the bitcoins go.

Holding onto my 1060 that I got for $230 before all this bullshit
Maybe I'll buy a couple cheap 1080's when the retard bubble bursts

wow i remember white litecoin was 3 dollars