NEXT MARIO KART IS A SMARTPHONE GAME

theverge.com/2018/1/31/16958066/nintendo-mario-kart-tour-smartphone-app-game-announced

>Nintendo has announced the latest of its IPs to make the leap to smartphones, and it’s a big one: Mario Kart. An app called Mario Kart Tour is set to be released in the next financial year, meaning anywhere between April 2018 and March 2019.

>No details about Mario Kart Tour have been made available other than its existence, but the Mario Kart franchise is one of Nintendo’s biggest. Yesterday the company announced that 14.86 million Switch consoles have been sold, along with about half as many copies of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe — a straight port of a game that managed to sell a further eight million copies even on the Wii U.

>Nintendo is likely to have more mobile titles in the works. The company originally planned to have released five smartphone games by 2017, but only Super Mario Run, Fire Emblem Heroes, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, and the ill-fated Miitomo social app have made it out so far. Last year The Wall Street Journal reported that Nintendo was working on a Legend of Zelda mobile title.

Are you buying it?

no thanks, paying approx. $1000 monthly to have access to all the content is too much for me

why make it for mobile, when the switch has mario kart already?

>buying a phone game
Also OP you're like fucking days too late here

Marketing for the "full edition available on Nintendo Switch". It'll be gimped as shit to try and get people to buy the Switch version

becaue normalfags don't have good taste and legitimately believe that touchscreen > buttons

Fucking finally. I can play Mario Kart on my phone. NICE!!
Not everybody owns a Switch user.

Gonna play this on my 1600p tablet using my Dualshock 4 and then brag about it in Switch threads.

/thread

they have only 1 (arguably 2) success from 4 games.

Let's see how this one goes.

Will it be a racing game or something like that pocket card jockey for 3ds?

>Smartphones

I hope it's racing. I just hope it's as close to a mario kart game than it is to a sonic run bullshit

Woah there getting pretty nifty with apps

>pocket card jockey clone.

No God is good enough for that

This guy sums up my reaction

The same could be said about your Switch toy.

Tbh mario kart wii was the best. Nerf motorcycles and its perfect

Yeah, I think it's kind of weird for them. I get the feeling they don't want to gouge people like many companies do on mobile because it would make them and their IPs look bad. But, at the same time, because they're trying to not gouge people, their shareholders are likely breathing down their necks.

They tried to just "sell" the game normally with Mario, but phone gamers are so conditioned for f2p that it's a hard sell. They'd rather just pay a shit load of money over time than $9.99 once.

Gotta be hard to find that balance. Animal Crossing for instance is really generous. I got to like level 40 w/o paying a dime before I lost interest. That isn't a good thing for them.

yes im getting it
>mfw poorfags wont be able to run it at 60fps

>people here still think this is just to entice people to buy the switch
I have some bad news for you. Cross-play enabled.

Why even keep miitomo up, I was gonna give it a go since I like miis but not gonna bother if they shutting down

What if it's not a game but just a way to watch the short highlight reels people can make at the end of races on your phone? Like, after editing it in MK8D they offer you the option to post it on your MK Tour account and then others can watch and rate it. Could even double up with the video capture capabilities of the Switch by holding the picture button to save a recording of your last 30 seconds of play you can edit like in BOTW.

No, I don't support the degeneration of my favorite series further. Though after 8 in all honesty you can only go up.

It’s a card based racing game where you complete a lap every 16 hours and get random items as in app purchases.