Are we going to get cheap hardware now?

Are we going to get cheap hardware now?

Not now, but very soon.

Easy you think miners and scalpers are going to fund the entire hardware industry?

No there's going to be a crash when the prices soar to high and nobody buys except the miners.

They will have to regulate the prices and face a heavy loss.

>miners will get btfo twice

Feels good

>Are we going to get cheap hardware now?
Economy doesn't work like that. its a little bit more complex but we MIGHT get cheaper hardware in a few months.

It doesn't work that way.

Once people start selling off the hardware they bought, and more people have stopped buying new hardware, yes. It's not going to go down to where it was though. GPUs will forever cost more than they did, relatively.

>people actually thought crypto could beat the jews

Who in their right mind would buy a card that has already been used for mining? Even if it's half the cost, the thing might break down in a couple of months and you'd have to buy a new one.

>eth already climbing back up
Are you retarded? Unless it crashes to $200, don't expect to get any gpu ever again.

>was 7500 yesterday
>is 9k now

>he didn't buy the dip

kek, this was your last chance to get a cheap gpu you dumb nocoiner, next stop 100k

Nope. Not anytime soon. Both amd and nvidia got a taste of selling their shitty ass cards two times of their price and they are not going to lower the prices, regardless of coinshit.

>next stop 100k
and santa is real

I would sue Sup Forums if I could /biz/ fucking lied to me

Back when i finally decided to get into BTC in novemeber it was at 6K.
I sold most at 19k thanks to the normie boom
Are all of you retarded? Shits not going to go below 7k.

they still sell at MSRP to retailers, don't they?

>Who in their right mind would buy a card that has already been used for mining?
i am yet to see proof these cards have wear

if i see one for a good price im totally buying

The guys in mining aren't tards. Cryptomarket had every year massive drops and nobody gave a fuck.

You should've invested in bitcoin. Could have afforded the best gpu now but instead you just bitch and moan.

You must be joking.

Yes, that user is a retard.
Their site has the price listed as $700 for a 1080 Ti, limit two per customer and unsurprisingly they're sold out.

Resistance levels are a myth.

>i wish i bought bitcoin im poot

Fuck off, poos. Nobody wants your shitty coins

i am not
>muh heat
>muh 100%
>muh 24/7

these components fail day one then they either work or dont, 1 year of use tops on these recently released gtx10xx is nothing

Nigger, cards can get fucked for much less than what they do with them, adding a "mah" can't change that.

Realistically you're going to need to wait a while. Once the minercucks hang themselves en masse, there'll be a long process before their possessions eventually get sold off.

Reminder that the volume in bitcoin decreased ~96% when mtgox got hacked.

It crashed around 86% around 2005.

This is literally nothing, unless you are a brainlet, or a nigger that is.

so now i buy or what

Buy high sell low.

>japanese company got hacked
>coins go bye bye
>mfw people still trusting this obvious scam of a system
can't fool me, faggots. I know a lot of you are working to get more people involved the scheme, but it's clearly obvious this shit was designed to steal my precious shekels.

I hope mods start banning coin threads from Sup Forums.

won't i lose money that way

Professional stock trader here

I can confirm that this is the strategy we try to follow

no they dont
if you buy from a good manufacturer plus youre not rubbing it between your asscheeks they will just work, if you keep them pretty inside the case without real abuse (not 24/7, not

This is such a retarded post

>bank gets robbed
>therefore the currency is shit

They do. Doesn't change the fact that they are selling out because of crypto. And they can shit out PR articles about gamers being their primary customers, but that's not where money coming from right now.

So? There is literally nothing stopping them from fucking you over after the bubble pops.

good thing I don't buy cripto like those retards. Now let me check my stocks.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSAAAAAAAA

>implying those customers that lost coins will be reimbursed
you can't fool me, goldman. now take your ass back to /biz/ and stop trying to spread your cancerous scheme.

>bought at 600
>got out at 19,000
Only made 7k, but that's still a lot of loli I can buy

Sure, but they'll keep selling out till there's demand, that has nothing to do with prices.

that's not the original argument you retarded subhuman

I don't know what to say to someone who thinks VRMs can go over 100°C 24/7 and not significantly decrease its lifespan. You don't know how bad they've been treating their rigs, if their poorly cooled and overclocked, but you can bet they treat them way worse than other consumers selling used parts.
I'll still buy a shitty mining 1080Ti if it's at something crazy like 20% MSRP. I have no idea how low eBay prices will go.

In the long term it works, first you need a healthy coin market to make money, so you support it and make it flourish first of all and then get the sweet sweet money.

Get in late, get out late.

Invest in stocks or currency instead.
Also, crypto has been in freefall for a few days now. If you're set on investing in crypto at least wait until it settles a little first.

>Invest in stocks or currency instead.
that seems harder

buy gold

>making fun of eth
>still has 300% increase from 2 months ago

glad I bought 3

>digital currency ponzi schemes collapsing

fucking FINALLY

>tfw missed the dip
it'll go down again right?

yes

>Are we going to get cheap hardware now?

Nope, even when Buttcoin went from $1000 to $150 a few years ago, there was no flood of cheap hardware.

It's what market timers deserve

Gamble on racehorses?

>its collapsing
>its over
BTC only costs like 3000 to mine per each one so miners will still be buying up until that point. Plus its not over until BTC hits 0 which it wont. Considering it was at 600 this time last year 8000 is still a massive gain for anyone in the market so demand is still there.

fuckers buying the dips
downtrend is still there though

It's not quite a ponzi scheme because a ponzi scheme implies a constant cash flow towards the originators while in crypto once you sell you're done. But structurally it is similar to a ponzi scheme.

this is correct. plus they dont usually last almost a decade. If satoshi was a ponzi he would have cashed out years ago. people throw around that world ponzi and dont actually know what it means.

Considering it has no innate value, it may get pretty close to 0.

Yeah I heard that the average ponzi scheme lasts around 3-4 "generations" until it gets busted or the originators run off with the money.

its innate value is a decentralized public ledger. thats more innate value than gold. plus it wont go to 0 as ill be buying at 100.

Still got 980ti. I don't think i need a need one anytime soon.

right. satoshi is worth like 3 billion atm. if he was a scammer he would have cashed out at 1 billion. no man could resist that amount of money.

what if satoshi isn't a person?

if its the nsa/cia spooks why would they allow it to fail then? they have free infinite black fund money so they will make sure it survives.

Shut the fuck up faggot

>if

>it's either satoshi or the CIA
false dichotomy

im just giving another example. if its chinese govt they also wont let it fail as its power for them.

the thing is how can it be viable when it's used as an investment rather than currency

Crypto will probably stay around, but technology will eventually branch between dedicated mining and gaming hardware.

Bitcoin ain't viable, the technology behind it is.

there is truth to this. lot of new people only go into crypto to make money and view it as an investment. as such its not doing what it was intended for. these same people want regulations and governments entering to protect their investments which isnt the whole point of it.

>2005

uh what

Reading most cryptofag posts, it's so fucking obvious this is their baby step into investing.

If only it were like a real stock market everyone would've panic sold their bitcoins.
For now, we just have to hope that it keeps dipping down

so it's just a crappy execution then?
top wew
seems like greed kills everything good

Do you know anything about the manufacturing process? There is no such thing as a good manufacturer. Everyone plays the odds with these things and have no reliable MTTF estimate. One single transistor who's metal layer has degraded from wear can cause the whole thing to be fucked.

>so it's just a crappy execution then?
not really. it was just the first one as such its not as fancy as some of the newer coins. what bitcoin does is the most basic of all other coins plus new coins have tons of features that btc doesnt have atm.

heres 5 why bitcoin can still win

sounds interdasting
you gonna have to spoonfeed me on this but what are these new features?

Making an exchange in less than 40 minutes, for starters.

scalability is a big one. bitcoin has fees and bloat that slows the network down. some newer coins have side chains to split out the movement. eth, neo and strat are ico platforms that allow new coins to be built on them. building on btc isnt as easy as those platform coins. monero is 100% private with a private ledger unlike public ledgers. plenty of others out there do other stuff too.

This is good for bitcoin.

Cryptotrash is a ponzi scheme.

Enjoy getting burned faggots.

kek
imagine being to wall street and taking 40 minutes to buy out some stocks
yet people still going to look for bitcoin anyway since they're meme'd by its legacy

>yet people still going to look for bitcoin anyway since they're meme'd by its legacy
most people only hear about bitcoin as such doesnt understand there are other coins. thats why when newbies hit coinbase in dec they pumped up all the coins on there as well realizing there are other coins as well.

Lol I remember when Bitcoin was $13 and I was considering mining it at the time. I wish I could beat up past me

For what, missing this one particular opportunity out of literally thousand things that would have made you rich with prior knowledge?

>mined for 5 years straight
>sold too early and spent it all on a car, some clothes, and dumb shit

couldve had a mansion if i waited a little longer lol

if you would have bought bitcoin back when all the recent hype started (~6k) and held you would still have made a profit despite the biggest crash in bitcoin history

you are absolutely delusional if you don't buy into this shit right now

Mining cards are actually usually undervolted and underclocked to achieve better energy efficiency.

I totally believe you with my money, anonymous speculation on the internet.

need to crash harder

>There is no such thing as a good manufacturer.
there is, hence you pay more for certain brands, some are more reputable with more perks
> Everyone plays the odds with these things
the only odd you play is day one, you stress the fuck out of the card to find anything worhty of RMA, then youre pretty much safe
>One single transistor who's metal layer has degraded from wear can cause the whole thing to be fucked.
one transistor i am not sure, it depends on many things, components generally come with random "broken" parts day one but it is part of the manufacturing process and they are supposed to work like that, but lets say there is undermining damage, why would it be damaged at all? are you taking your graphics card with you when you shower? or again just heat and heavy use? things dont really happen like this, components with no moving parts barely show any wear, youre blowing all yours fans before anything else

this works on the mentality that everyone will make a profit in the market
kinda like those bullshit people who promises 25% returns on investment type timeshare and crap
there's a trillion thing i regret more in the past than making money user

tell me im wrong

The poor jump into crypto hoping to multiply their meager savings. The vultures feast on them.

People so fervently believe in Bitcoin because it's the only chance these basement dwellers will ever have at amassing any sort of wealth without having to actually go out in the sunshine, interact with people, and work physically and mentally

It's so blatantly obviously with how defensive the coiners get

>All these people with Bitcoin thinking they can cash out

lol