Every person's favourite final fantasy game is the first one they've played when they were younger. This is because...

Every person's favourite final fantasy game is the first one they've played when they were younger. This is because, when playing their second FF game, they're measuring their experience of playing the game by the feeling they had when they were exposed to the consistently high quality of past entries in the series.
The Reason that FF7 is so widely believed to be the best is not that it would be the best, judging by its story, characters or combat system, but as the first final fantasy that was released on the Playstation, it could impress with, for its time, breathtaking graphics, which pushed many westerners into buying this game as their first attempt at the series.

Prove me wrong.

FF7 was my first and FF9 is my favorite.

FF8 was my first, then FF4, then 5, then 6. 6 is my favorite. FF7 is beloved because of all the things you listed. At the time it showed off how 3D could be use to convey a story. FF7-fags are definitely nostalgia fags but I don't think it has anything to do with the ones you played first any more so than other series.

Yes there seems to commonly be a connection with your first experience and your favorite. This goes for all things, and not everyone is susceptible to it.

If 8 wasn't such a disappointment for most and if 9 wasn't taking the series back to its roots, I bet 7,8,9 would be seen similarly to how 4,5,6 and are seen. All high quality, with people having various favorites for various reasons.

obviously it doesn't apply to aspies

FF4 was my first FF and I barely think about it any more.

I went:

FF4 > FF6 > FF1&2 (GBA) > FFV (GBA) > FF3 (DS) > FF9

I'd say 5 is my favorite - along with the GBA remake of 1, it's the only FF game I've beaten more than once. Still need to play 7.

1 was my first. 7 is my favorite.
Where are you getting this shit from?

8's the third one i played and it's my favourite
there goes your autistic logic. btfoooooooooo

FFX was my first it's not even on my top 5

2D to 3D was a pretty significant barrier that younger people won't understand, but arguably the artwork of the backgrounds is what granted the strongest and iconic sense of immersion to its world.
People would consider the movement speed outdated and frustrating, but it allowed you ample time to soak in each location you were travelling towards. It also helped that every pause in break from the random encounters along your adventure had quite meaningful events. NPCs hit the right amounts of curious information, but the characters themselves had motivations developed on throughout the story. Aerith mystery, Barrets past, Reds home, Cids ambition, Yuffies reason for stealing, Cloud x Tifa dynamic. Even if you had 3 chosen characters in fighting the entire story, others can still be useful any time due to sharing via Materia system.
In contrast, I enjoyed FFVIII story of teenage soldiers a lot more, but the junction system was meh. Both IX and VI were great experiences. Arguably I'd rate X weaker than the others, despite being a game I really loved as well, just due to so many elements being shit on hindsight.

1 (GBA) was my first, 5 is my favorite. 2 is also pretty good.

FF4 was my first, it's not even in my top 5.

I have never finish a final fantasy game. Started to get into the series 4 years or so ago. Before asking for an underage banned I'm 29, just grew up poor couldn't afford games

Is this what VEGANA really looks like? A sight to behold.

I just don't like FF2 that much. I understand what they were trying to do but the implementation is totally retarded. You need to be casting spells constantly or raise your MP but you have so few of them that they're incredibly valuable. And you have so little HP that you don't want to get hit but without taking hits you can't get more HP.
My favorite is probably X-2 because I loved the dumb girl power adventures and that cool combat system that was half turn-based and half combo focused. It does get much worse once the story tries to get serious.

My first FF was the original but my favorite as a child was IV, VII as a teenager, and XII as an adult.

>poor
>finally get a game that lasts way longer than your money's worth
>don't finish it

You're just retarded.

same here, never played any final fantasy when I was younger. now when I try it's hard to finish, I guess it's not for me

FF IX was my first and IV is my favourite.

>Prove me wrong.

I love FF9 just as much as FF7 perhaps even more so. I went from 7 to 8 and fucking hated it. Then played 13 and hated it even more. I went to 9 then went to 10 which I found a bit boring.

The reality with FF games is that they have got to click with the player in terms of sotry, gameplay and characters. It's got nothing to do with first love syndrome.

Wrong. FF7 was my first and I dislike it even back then but 5 is my favourite.

my favorite FF game is the 4th one I've played.

People like 7 and think it's the best because it's a fantastic game, and your contrarianism doesn't change that. The only entries in the series that measure up to it in any form are 5, 6, and arguably 9.

my first was the DS remake of 3 at like 12 or 13. my favorite is 6. 19 is my least favorite. i've played every save for 11, 13, 14 and 15.
everything after 9 is garbage and shouldn't even share the series title Final Fantasy

>19
i meant 10

>first I played was tactics
>best I've played was Crystal chronicles

I can understand this sentiment for dragon quest because it's barely changed throughout the series but ff is different enough that shit games like 2 and 13 are generally regarded as shit

I've played FF7 but I've replayed FF8 more. I just love FF8's setting.

8 was my first 5 is my favorite and It was one of the last ones I played.

While that's true for a lot of people, it's not true for everyone.
My first was FF7 and I loved it but I like FFV more.

I've never once liked any FF game.