Super Smash Bros. 5 roster thread #2009

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gVNFSFqGmL4
sourcegaming.info/2015/08/17/sakuraibrawlquestions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

puyo puyo rep is a shoo-in

There's already a Smash roster thread up, you know?

Also Agumon when?

bump

never

what are the chances of us seeing X or Zero
Rock is bound to get in cause he needs to advertise MM11 but i dunno

0%

probly just as likely of them adding proto man or tails
worth consideration at least tho
but i wonder exactly what their algorithm is for adding characters
cause if duck hunt can get in that who knows who cant

as an assist tropy maybe

this

Mutt Shepard reporting in.

>random western characters in smash

I'd love this but has Digimon ever been taken seriously as a videogame?

Also Master Chief please

B-but he's iconic. :(

no

who is a shoo-in

We already have diddy kong, and USA-clothed Mario.

Tell me in all honesty you wouldn't be overjoyed to see Shepard flash on screen with the slogan:
>We'll Bang, Okay?

Or maybe.
>Shepard makes a statement!

Or
>Shepard flies into battle!

At the end of a match, he looks behind his back tentatively and mumbles 'I should go'. Following the battle during the results compilation you can select the appropriate dialogue for your victory.

>but has Digimon ever been taken seriously as a videogame?
That depends on whether or not V-Pets are vidya or not. If so, then quite considerably, along with Tamagotchi. Besides that, Digimon games have had quite the resurgance in popularity in these recent years. But it's mostly on Playstation.

Just Inkling.

Arms and Xenoblade are still pretty likely to get a rep though.

0%
i loved Eggman in Smash but no way guest characters from the same series are getting 2

>Also Master Chief please
I mean, he gets to be in Minecraft for the Switch

>still spouting fake rules
kill yourself smashbabby

link

i meant "random" as in "characters that don't really matter at all but are popu, so rayman at least fits in

this
also, thready reminder

You sure, famioli? I mean I can't see Megaman getting a second one, but does Sonic really seem out of the question? I wouldn't be surprised if we got Eggman eventually.

:(

I'd main the yolk out of him
Sakurai would surely have an egg-septional moveset in mind

>I mean I can't see Megaman getting a second one, but does Sonic really seem out of the question?
if Sonic were to get two reps, we already get it by now. Especially with all the fanboys for Shadow in the Smash modding community
but too bad, doing that would kill Sonic "guest" status in Smash

>link
It's been archived since some time after that post was made, but

Fuck Shadow. Bring in Eggman. Bring in Eggman just so I can listen to Mike Pollock voice him some more.

>only Xenoblade protagonist to have actually good costuming/design
>cool moveset potential with weapon switching (dual guns with long but narrow range and dual swords with short but wide range) and attacks that reposition you and have positional bonuses (+damage from behind, or trip players if you cross them, recovery might work like Falcon's but only if you land it on an enemy's back etc)
>X's attack animations easily lend themselves to attacks, easy to come up with moves to fill the rest of her moveset, emphasis on gunkata/dual swordplay is unique
>from a Wii U release (Smash is usually based on last gen) and basically guaranteed Switch rerelease (Smash factors in characters who are getting future releases)
>great costume sources; default outfit, recolors from the different levels of her base outfit + headgear (heart glasses, gauze eyepatch, scanner, etc), swimsuit outfit to match Shulk having one, True Form

>will still get shafted for Rex in Smash Switch after being shafted for Corrin in Smash Wii U/3DS

If he gets in, so gets Wily or Zero

and thank god for that
Fiora should join later on too

Klonoa

TRAVIS

how

Elma might be in with Rex

Not before this guy.

I mad one a while ago, it's based on the average number of character they added and removed from each new smash game. Earthworm Jim can be replaced with Bomberman however.

You guys know we can get 2 new xenoblade reps, right?

FE is trash

just give me my fucking Snake back and I'm content

how do smashbabbies feel about Xenoblade now?

What can i Add for Possible Characters/Stages for the inevitable Smash 4 Port

I appretiate that you have a couple of unusual yet completely plausible choices in this roster - however, this is fucking garbage.

I don't hat Xenoblade but putting more characters like FE will seem like something really cheap to do. They can easily make a hundred of characters with all those anime swordsmen, I think that the people against it want something original instead.

Ridley please.

Pretty good? It's better than a billion Fire Emblem dudes.

>even Andross is realistic than Ridley

I want Snake back too, but he needs a weapon that isn't an explosive or CQC. If Bayo can have guns, why not Snake?

>406011840
youtu.be/gVNFSFqGmL4
If Nintendo can make an opening for Smash better than Namco X Capcom, I'll buy a switch just for it.

how do you fuck up this badly

1,06 is terrible, it wont get new characters

I'm amazed too, don't worry.

>a million is terrible

>Agumon
I think Guilmon would work better.

Says who?

I'll be happy if Zero gets in, and gets a skin based of Model Z Giro from ZX.

It's funny to see how smash players standards for sales figures suddenly get much higher when it's for something other than Fire Emblem.

>Assault and Command didn't even sell that good for a typical Star Fox game
>still gets in
>even over Krystal when her debut game sold better

also Louie won't be a clone, but a nigga riding a dweevil. You know the drill

To be fair, Wolf was almost cut, and besides being more popular on polls and such, he got in over Krystal because he was also easier to make considering he's modeled after Fox/Falco.

sourcegaming.info/2015/08/17/sakuraibrawlquestions/

>Wolf was a character that barely made it in due to time constraints. He was added because there was high demand for his inclusion on places like “Smash Bros. Dojo!!”, and he’s a popular character. Of course, if he didn’t have that backing him, I don’t think I could have put him in. Among the characters with high popularity, I chose one who had a high possibility of becoming realized in the game, and as a result you could say Wolf was created.

>For Krystal, we didn’t have any of the technical modeling knowledge that we had cultivated with Fox and Falco, so it was like making a brand-new character from scratch. And because of the limited amount of time we had, creating Krystal wasn’t realistically possible. On that point, with Wolf we already have some knowledge of how to model his character, and would require about 70% of the effort required to create a whole new character.

>Tell me in all honesty you wouldn't be overjoyed to see Shepard flash on screen
I wouldn't be overjoyed to see Shepard flash on screen.

why would xenoblade get more reps?

And yet he still didn't get in

I'd definitely take Elma for Smash 5. Only problem is the final smash which will most likely be a Skell transformation, how will they pick the skell and skell weapons?

Got some nice choices, but I feel we'd maybe get Wright over Layton. Also having Chibi Robo would be perfect (even though I prefer to see Ray 01) but only problem I have is Greninja. Lucario 2.0 aka Zoroark will always be the better choice over special snowflake frog.

why shouldn't it?
are you an angry zelda fan?

You're right, but Agumon is far more iconic. So if Bandai Namco ever got a Digimon in, it'd be him.

because le ballot only had one winner

>no miis
REEEEEEEE

no

Hasn't the switch sold 15 million?

we don't need a smash game

retard

>our console has seen immense success
>let's not make games that are guaranteed to sell for it anymore
???

Even if Smash 4 sold over 15,000,000m it's just not going to happen any time soon.

I don't see how Smash 5 would be hype, smash 4 n brawl sold becaue the hype, but smash 5? naah

refere to my post

>how will they pick the skell and skell weapons?
She'll get her legendary Skell.

Why would a new Smash not be hype?

you can have my roster user, not his

>Tons of discussion for a game that hasn't even been announced
>Won't have the hype

????

Nah, you made it worse.

Even if the switch is selling like hot cakes i don't see how Smash 5 will outsell Brawl or 4, there's not much they can add.

Besides characters/stages from the new hot switch games, what it will have to bring hype? a new story mode? new 3rdparty characters? eeh

I think they should wait to 2020/2021 at the earliest

how so?

>it's a "third parties reeee" poster
Opinion discarded. They could add nothing but third party characters and it'd still draw the usual hype.

>getting rid of marx for morse pokemonshilling. 6 mons is good enough. It's not even a solidified rule that there needs to be a new gen pokemon in every new smash game. Sakurai just did it for brawl and 4 because lucario and greninja were so imensly popular. Gen 8 could be CRAZY popular, but if there isn't a particular pokemon from it that sticks out, then sakurai isn't going to make any of them playable.

Also, salurai said he's going to dial it back on fire emblem this time, in his reaction to Corrin, so he probably won't even add a new FE rep this time. Also getting ris of Robin for that was a bad idea too, since, again, robin was added due to popularity, not simply "uhhhh, there's a new game, add a character from it!"

Basically: getting rid of marx for new game shilling isn't a good thing. I like the miis taking the place of the random slot, even if they're really obscure now.

Soccer Guy decided to add Greninja before Gen 6 was even released, user.

They have to pick the right 3rdparties for that.
How will they beat Cloud anyway? Goku? Master Chief?
Crash Bandicoot?

>getting rid of marx for morse pokemonshilling.
actually, we don't need 5 Kirby reps. and if we do, i'd choose Bandana Dee.
plus Dark Matter represent for all the typical Kirby villains in the series, so that's another reason Marx isn't needed. may as well throw in the halacadran egg while you're at it

>miis are really obscure
Fucking 80 year olds know what Miis are for fuck sake. Did you forget the the Wii existed or something?

>How will they beat Cloud anyway Notvideogames? Master Chief? Crash Bandicoot?

learn how the greentext fag

Steve, Dovahkiin, Doomguy. Take your pick. Hell, even a Digimon would get people going.

Steve, ok

But Doomguy and Skyrim should never be in smash

i don't really think that Bayo is a Sega rep anymore, Nintendo funded the series AGAIN and Sega probally thinks is an Unwated Child
Can we have Arle then

Sure. But the question is who would match Cloud in terms of overall hype, and those guys would do just that.

do we really need Splatoon 2 and ARMS reps?

>angry zeldafag the post

Zelda deserves 2 reps, BOTW is the best game ever

ARMs is questionable, but you're getting a Splatoon rep whether you like it or not. Because it is happening.