Why hasn't there been a great Star Trek game?

Why hasn't there been a great Star Trek game?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15022752
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Elite Force 1 and 2 are good

>release a great Star Trek game today
>it's on the same level as TNG or DS9
>literal children screech about it being "ruined" by SJWs
I'd rather nothing at all than have to face the embarrassment of dealing with the retards

Elite Force 1-2, Bridge Commander and Invasion on the PS1.

We are well overdue for another great one at this point tho.

>tfw you will never get to fuck Seven
Feels bad, man

>tribble containment simulator

>it's on the same level as TNG or DS9
Fucking what?
TNG is peak Star Trek and DS9 is rock bottom, nigga

i preferred kes, the thought of cucking neelix still gets me hard to this day

i wouldnt refuse a seven though

What about that mmo? Was ship combat any fun in it?

the only star trek ruined by SJWs was discovery

>tfw I will never get to cum in Jeri Ryan

>DS9 is rock bottom

What the fuck are you smoking?

>containment

just launch them at the nearest star

I'm sure she'd be honored to hear that user

Because Star Trek isn't good.

I really enjoyed Starfleet Command 2

There's nothing more SJWy in discovery than you'd have in TNG or DS9. You let Sup Forums memes turn your brain to mush. Good job. You're exactly the kind of retard I'm talking about. A new Star Trek game would come out and you'd be crying about tumblr the moment you saw a black person.

You can't afford VR it seems.

The Star Trek Bridge Crew is legitimately incredible game, especially because it's VR.

what she thinks doesnt matter, she's a fictional character

Well then, enjoy the sex

>shovelware
>good

Nice shilling mate

>There's nothing more SJWy in discovery than you'd have in TNG or DS9.

thats a fucking lie and you know it, or let me guess, youve never actually watched discovery have you?

if i had a nickel for every time a white male is put down or made to look weak/pathetic/evil in that show, id be a fucking rich man

i will, the human brain is a wonderful thing

Yeah yeah, and if DS9 came out now you'd cry about Kira being tough and Dax being smart and Sisko being in charge and the only white guy, Miles, being a jokey character who spends most of his time being treated like shit.

Fucking time traveling SJWs ruined Deep Space 9 with uh white genocide

FTL

>look at me, I can't afford VR nor video games but I sure can only use buzzwords to hate on fun things

That wouldn't happe- Oh

maybe in TNG with piccards pussy explorer weenie shit but not in DS9, that fucking show was savage

>legitimately incredible
no

you hyperbolic faggot nigger pretending to have ever been a fan of the series.

discovery is tainted by sjw bullshit because they care more about quotas and touting their so-called diversity instead of actually writing and producing an interesting/good show. that's why people hate sjw bullshit. their political horseshit only exists to be political and has no real substance. its an abomination that has no place in the franchise but will forever taint the name and brand because anyone involved in the actual treks is either dead or too old to give a fuck.

there's nothing fun about a shallow shitty "sit here and press 1 thing" sim at an incredibly bloated price focused around the worst trek universe/tech design.

>Miles, being a jokey character who spends most of his time being treated like shit.

Miles is fucking awesome though despite getting shat on by writers.

>Kira being tough

Kira's whole thing was that she pushes herself too much and needed to learn to rely on others or else she'd become a mental wreck.

But that's literally what Star Trek is.
Did you by chance mistake Start Trek for Star WARS? If so, go play your ADHD short attention span action shit, faggot.

Birth of the Federation is great if you enjoy turn based games

You really are braindead. Try watching DS9 again with your new and improved brain force plus SJW-spotting technique and you'll be shocked, I promise you.
>he genuinely GENUINELY gets mad as fuck about STAR TREK having a diverse cast while calling everyone else "not a true fan"

Yeah I'm sure if you dished out all this spergy shit about diversity to Leonard Nemoy he'd agree and call you a true Star Trek fan.

i watched tng, ds9 and voyager during their original airing, dont tell me what i think, or try to put words in my mouth

strong women have been a staple of sci-fi for decades and i have no issue with it whatsoever, what i have an issue with is the forced bullshit that they shoehorned into discovery

keep trying to label me as a redneck, though, you come across as extremely mad

Can you actually give an example of this forced diversity and how it differs from previous Star Trek series? I don't think you can.

Games always seem to fall apart when you reach 200+ turns, no matter how much I try and play as the Federation "correctly" and try to please everybody shit just happens and it always ends up turning to war

Sadly this. Just look at this gibbering retard:

Never forget

>James did I ever tell you about my Step sister who was black and completely illogical and threw a bitch fit every other second while crying and whining? Funny how did I not mention such an important family member to my best friend eh, she was a terrible friend

I just rewatched ds9 last year. It's a great show and one of its lowest points is when the writers forgot it was the 24th century and Sisko goes completely out of character and cries about how B-B-B-BUT DEY WAS WASIST BACK DEN 2 OUR PEEPOE about the fucking holo-bar. "our people". like he'd be thinking about black people as "our people" in the 24th fucking century. shit fucking sjw writing.

also star trek has always, ALWAYS had a diverse cast, it's the awful actors they chose to go along with the terrible writing/characterization. literally every character has to be cast with an ugly actor (Tilly the fat warty blob) or unlikeable (every single character, especially "Michael" (naming her michael is stupider than the skirts in season 1 tng)).

>you hyperbolic faggot nigger
Don't you ever get bored

That fucking episode. Felt like someone took a leftover b-script from the original series and retooled it for DS9.

im too busy trying to measure the circumference of your asshole

this is gonna be an all-nighter

How come nobody posted this yet?
Which episode?

da sooperior spess show

>I just rewatched ds9 last year. It's a great show and one of its lowest points is when the writers forgot it was the 24th century and Sisko goes completely out of character and cries about how B-B-B-BUT DEY WAS WASIST BACK DEN 2 OUR PEEPOE about the fucking holo-bar. "our people". like he'd be thinking about black people as "our people" in the 24th fucking century. shit fucking sjw writing
Pull Sup Forums's Sup Forums-lite dick out of your ass and use your fucking brains. I've seen this idiotic argument posted a million times and I swear it's a meme at this point and nobody watched the episode.
Yes, Sisko complains about racism of the past, but everyone else thinks he's being stupid. And in the end he realises that too and gets over it and goes and has fun. The episode is about him being wrong and coming to accept that.

>Generations

Really? That was a strange game, they didn't even pretend to follow the movie

>Which episode?

Move Along Home. Where the crew gets zapped into the board game. I mean there's a cheese factor that makes the episode enjoyable if you're in the right mood, but considering what the show evolved into, hard to look back fondly on it.

Spock also had a brother he never talked about so it's not like this is new to him.

I think that whole social commentary was Avery Brooks wanting it written in--I watched some documentary and he sort of seems like a crazy old black man in the same way Shatner seems like a trolling old leaf. Star Trek would always try to toss in some "socially relevant" shit though so who knows.

How is star trek sjw, Sup Forums?
>tos treats women like objects
>tng has plain racist episodes in the first 2 seasons & the captain & Nr 1 are white
>ds9 has sisko committing warcrimes
>voyager had to rely on t&a from season 4 onward
>haven’t seen enterprise
And discovery is just a shit show that only got a 2nd season because of brand recognition.

If anything voyager would be better if it incorprated more diversity and feminism, then we wouldn’t have suffered 4 seasons of “star trek: seven of nine & doc save the day”.

So no, you can't. At which point you should accept your entire argument is fucking retarded. But you won't, you will continue to believe you're right and anyone who points out you're wrong or asks you to explain is just a SJW.

You are legitimately braindead.

>The episode is about him being wrong and coming to accept that.
even if he was wrong and learned to accept it, it was still WAY out of character and a shit plotline with no consequence or meaning.

What's Star Trek online like these days? I had about 500 hours played I haven't played in about 3 years now.

can someone clue me in why he is such a prick

Oh please if DS9 were released today you'd have retards here crying because of Sisko being black.

see here a wild shillary voter in action

Why hasn't there been a great Starship Troopers game?

>star trek is redpilled meme
The lengths you retards will go to just to convince yourselves it's okay to watch and like something left-leaning. It's sad how your minds work. "work"

Would explain the turn his character took with all the wormhole alien stuff. Can someone explain to me why it was relevant to his character to be projected back to the 1940s or whatever? I guess the stuff with being a sci-fi writer writing about DS9 was neat, but it got really fucking heavyhanded with the "racism is bad, mkay?" stuff.

Every time you reply with something retarded instead of explaining your own position the more clear it is to everyone that you're braindead, so by all means keep it coming.
And no I would never vote for her.

>tv show about ethical and moral dilemmas
>hurrdurr it’s sjw! REEEEE!
t. Brainlet.

why are they all so close together?

Can you actually give an example of this forced diversity and how it differs from previous Star Trek series? I don't think you can.

Cosby?

explain how skin color and sex not mattering is an exclusively left-leaning ideal.

Depends. Sisko works because at the beginning of the series he's basically a low-level officer thrown into an assignment he didn't really care for, and had to grow into the role. So he had to balance being "by the book" with letting everyone do their own thing, and only later grows into a more confident, proactive role. Dunno if modern writers would put that much effort into the character nowadays.

>You will never experience the comfiness of ten forward while Riker plays in the background

Fuck

He already made perfectly clear that he can't

embracing his role as Emissary of the Prophets is sort of babylon 5 showing through. Same shit happened, dude became Space Jesus or some stupid shit and even met God. Fuck Andromeda (Kevin Sorbo) had the same thing and it was terrible.

also there was at least one star trek writer who sort of liked the whole gritty 30s/40s era. Early TNG had Picard going into the holodeck to play Private Eye Dick Whiskey.

>do not submit any 'street' types

BASED REDPILLED TREK

>faggots whine that Sup Forums is a problem with the board
>same faggots bring their own shitty politics into every thread

I wonder who the real cunts here are. Perhaps you should fuck off to Sup Forums.

What a terrible world in which we live.

>Macha Hernandez

Hello boner.

But he's right and if a Trek game came out that was genuinely like the shows you'd have redpillers losing their minds

>DS9 is rock bottom
pleb

He's run to Sup Forums or Sup Forums to ask advice on how to answer. There's no way he's just wrong, he just needs a handy infograph real quick.

>Trek game came out that was genuinely like the show

I don't know what sick twisted warped world you view but there are games that are basically episodes of the show or contain all of the characters of one of the shows and more so in what way could they more be like the show I don't know but basically you just mean "if they made a shitty discovery game I'm pre-emptively discounting the critique as redpilled pol nazis because I need to carry the flag of Social Justice and virtue signal that I'm REALLY a really good person and not a nazi at all!"

Am I the only one that likes Discovery? I quite like the serial structure and focus on conflict.

The pilot was awful though, the show should have started on the shuttle ride where Michael gets picked up by the Discovery.

discovery isnt trash because of sjw bullshit, its trash because of bad writing and shitty unlikable characters. not sure what sjw has to do with anything.

are you kidding me, gender and sex are like forefront thoughts in most progressive left ideas.

they cant get out of bed without ordering everyone on the oppression olympics meter

>You will never experience camaraderie and friendship on the level of DS9's relationships

One of a few dozen that actually enjoy the show for what it is most likely yes. There's plenty of soyboys on nu/Sup Forums/ and /startrek/ for you to discuss it with though. They all "love" the "true trekness" of it.

strawpoll.me/15022752

yeah but in a galaxy with aliens nobody, NOBODY would care. (and as it is most first worlders already don't in spite of what the msm would have you believe) and not caring about that silly shit is far from left exclusive. in fact i'd say caring about it really hard and making a huge fucking deal about it all the time would be the left-leaning exclusive ideal.

There is, it's called Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War

Poor Bev.

Well at least the floor wont become intangible and then solidify under you.

Holy shit you are mad. I cannot figure out how people like you can stand to watch Star Trek at all.

Too bad it's

DED
E
D