What a waste of potential this thing was

What a waste of potential this thing was

Other urls found in this thread:

wiiu.guide/
gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-portable-proto-any-one-got-wii-mode-wattage.377590/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Normalfags thought it was just a Wii add-on

I enjoy mine and no amount of threads on Sup Forums will change my mind.

Well, I still got mine and I do regret it a lot, however it was cheap and I might mod it.

There are still SOME games worth playing on it that aren't on Switch yet.

What the hell happened to that floor? looks disgusting

Hacking the Wii U took it from a 4/10 to an easy 9.
You suddenly have one of (if not the best) the best ways to play Wii (with actual pointer controls), DS (with authentic pen input), GameCube, and all classic consoles.
And of course the few great Wii u games.
I have a good PC for emulation, but the Wii U honestly has some great features that make it worth using too.

if anything I might just buy a WiiU now that I have a Switch.

why pay for an accessory when you can hack your wii u and play any ds game through virtual console

looks like cement desu

if anything the amount of hate Wii U gets makes the console and accessories cheaper by the day. what was once a $300 console is now $100 at pawnshops

Dude it's a Nintendo product you're fucking wrong delete this

>not getting one from retail for 50$ plus 5games 2controllers and 150$gc

And that ultimately turned out to be true.

>WiiU gets a full library of exclusives, biggest of the gen
>Switch doesn't and if you own a WiiU or other games from the last decade or so of gaming the Switch has very little to play on it
>Switchtards are desperate to convince me the WiiU is the bad console of the two
Ahahahaha

soy > soda
are you retarded and fatso?

Soyda

not only are switch games wii u ports but they are $60 as well while Wii U is already discount tier or free thanks to piracy

Who PC + Wii U here?
Doing my 2nd playthrough on doom 4k and bayonetta 1&2

I mean I think you're just retarded

Kek

Well, now I'll never know because some faggot deleted the post

Thinking about copping one, already have a switch but I have a feeling that ports like TP and WW aren't gonna make the cut to be ported once again.
How easy is it to hack one and get free vidya if I were to get a refurb one from Nintendo's website.

Not to mention you can play Wii and Gamecube with an HDMI output which tends to look significantly better than how they normally look

I would have killed for a 3DS player for Wii U.

THANKS FOR BETA TESTING FAGGOTS

Good exclusives, okay hardware, the worst marketing I've ever seen in my life

>Buying ports for full price, considering them new exclusives, and killing the Switchs exclusive potential
Thanks for ruining the Switch, portfags

I already own a Wii and a 3DS. What's the point?

The Wii U had a DS adapter?

WOAHSHI

You say that but the Vita exists.
>Hire some cheap ad company
>They lie about the capabilities of the Vita
>Get banned from advertising it in the west

The WiiU at least made it into a few family homes like it was intended to.

spbp

playing gamecube games on the gamepad screen is comfy as fuck. the display resolution looks like native gamecube res so you aren't missing any details. attach a powerbank to your wii u and put it in a backpack and you basically got yourself a portable gamecube with hundreds of games loaded on a SD card

>attach a powerbank to your wii u and put it in a backpack
Lets not be retarded now, just "Gamecube games in bed" is a pretty good sell

Thats called a Switch user.

wiiu.guide/

The only console I've ever skinned is my black Wii U because it's pretty ugly normally.

it sure did

Wii U uses 35watt power max playing GC games, it barely generates heat and a portable power bank is definitely feasible.

Switch can't even do GC emulation. Wii U is native play not emulation.

I don't see what's your point when even the Vita of all things sold more than the Wii U, if anything you're making the Wii U's marketing look worse than it actually was.
Looks bretty gud, definitely an improvement.

>wii games
>gamecube games
>wii u games
so....nothing?

>Lost my Wii-PAD
>It costs 200 bucks
AAAAAAA

I heard that the Nvidia Shield can emulate gamecube so maybe the switch has a chance

>Switch can't even do GC emulation

because there's no virtual console yet?

emulation will have all sorts of bugs so expect a very limited library. meanwhile Wii U can play all gamecube games flawlessly because it has the same CPU architecture as gamecube.

this. i have a ps4 pro and a switch but i'm never disconnecting my wii u.

>Potential
>Wii U

Are you faggots really so blinded by nostalgia you still can't figure out how Neo-tindo operates?

They throw gimmicks at the wall and see what sticks. The Wii was so profitable for them and they are so desperate to recreate the success this will be their tactic indefinitely.

With the Wii U they were desperately fishing for some sort of gimmick to bring in the younger generation, because kids these days don't want video game consoles, they want tablets and smart phones.

So they threw a tablet at a couple of Wii motes and the abomination that was the Wii U was born.
But unfortunately for Nintendo the hardware was so weak it couldn't run UE4, which would become the stable for AAA for it's generation.
The Wii U was fucked before it even launched.

Lucky for them the Switch was such a smash hit. It's a tablet! It's a home console! It's all three! No better advertisement when you're trying to sell a product to a generation with the attention span of a 4 year old.

Switch doesn't have the power for GC emulation

The typical powerbank can't deliver 35 watts of power. The small ones have 37wh of capacity, but even with quickcharge 3.0 (if the wii u was capable of using such) you only have about 23 watts of power being transferred. You'd have to set up a controller and hang a bunch of powerbanks off it, which is annoying. Or rig some cells to a different connector/buy a powerbank that has a connector capable of supporting the power draw.

The circumstances of how the gamepad came to be doesn't mean it lacked potential retard.

>It's a Switchtard exclusively focuses on sales on marketability episode
Surely some other website where you can discuss video games would be a better fit for this particular brand of faggotry

it can only emulate less than 5 games, the rest are a buggy stutter mess.

gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-portable-proto-any-one-got-wii-mode-wattage.377590/

>m
fuck off phoneposter

This is one of the reasons I have issues with them underclocking it though. They could have just made it thicker, shoved in a far larger battery, put some fans in and gone full power. The full Tegra architecture is capable of running UE4, it benchmarks about the same as SD835 and that has UE4 games for it.
But nah, lets just shoot it in the foot

If you were here when the Wii U was released, you would have seen the hundreds of threads of people spitballing great ideas for games using the tablet controller. I wish someone had compiled them. There's a lot more to video games than marketability, like gameplay. Just look at BotW and think of how much better it would be if you could control the menus on the second screen.

So, yes, a nonstandard powerbank with a different connector.

still more than feasible. even ignoring the that aspect, it's nice that you can plug your Wii U into any outlet and just play directly through the gamepad without any HDMI cords.

Is it as easy as the 3DS guide?

It has XCX and Switch doesnt, so as far as I'm concerned, it's better in every way imaginable.

I'm pretty sure it does have the power, the issue is more about software emulation. Even Nintendo can't get their emulators to work right. See Majoras Mask release on Gamecube.

I never said it wasn't feasible. Just not as simple as buying the most common form of powerbank and utilising that. if you saw a serial connector for, say, 2 QC3.0 powerbanks or 4 standard ones which then powered an outlet for the wii-u to plug in, you'd see far more people utilising it. Since you can just turn the shit you have laying around into a power source for it.

I enjoyed mine, but now the Switch is making it feel totally redundant.

>Discussing the motivations of the corporations at the helm of our hobby is bad! I don't want that! I want to talk about BING BING WAHOO!

Kindly fuck off, brainlet.
And the circumstances of how a product comes to be has EVERYTHING to do with it's potential.
Nintendo obviously designed it to try and incorporate tablet style touch controls, because for some reason they thought that the reason contemporary kids all want tablets is because of the fucking control scheme.
Anyone else with even an iota of knowledge about game design would look at the thing and go "ah, asymmetrical game design right?" but not Nintendo.

Nintendo don't innovate with their game play.
They make a console, and then they work as hard as they can to get a Zelda and a Mario on it as fast as possible, which will then be given 10/10 by every shill under the sun.
Rinse and repeat.

Easier. It works on the latest firmware too.

Hack it then

>we call it a Wii U because it's a Wii for you
ok, so who was the first Wii for?

if anything the wii u makes the switch feel redundant. most of its good games are straight up overpriced ports from it.

maybe switch will be worth it once they come out with metroid prime 4, smash bros switch, and pokemon ass/titties

big guys

Wii U is what the Wii should have been but Nintendo fucked up and released a gen6-tier console in 2006. Wii U is the definitive version of the Wii.

Can Sup Forums think of a better name than Wii-U?
[hardmode] must keep 'Wii' in the name.

Wii+
Wii-Pro
Wii 1080

Wii U would have not failed it they just called it Wii 2

Soccer moms

Nu-Wii

Wii 2

Wii 2

Works like a charm for Sony.

When hacked, it's actually the best console I've ever had.

If Nintendo released Super Mario Maker as launch title instead of Nintendoland, pretty sure the console would had sold better. What the fuck was Nintendo doing and thinking between 2011 and 2013?

the gayest thing about the wii u is that you can't turn off the gamepad without turning off the system. unless you go out of your way to remove the battery or purposefully walk out of range and it auto shuts off.

>Wii U
>potential

Super Nintendo Wii
You need to be japanese to think U = new console, but with Super is obvious for everyone.

They were thinking that the Wii was such a massive success that they could simply release it a second time except put no effort into their mainline game entries and it would still sell gangbusters.

Wasn't Iwata sick at that point so someone else had to fill in for him during his sick days?

>>Lost my Wii-PAD
Literally how?

It was good but there was no must buy thing for it. Really glad Nintendo is bringing over the games tbqh even though it's a kinda shitty business practice

>there was no must buy thing for it.
smash bros, splatoon, xenoblade, mario maker, mario kart 8, bayonetta 2, etc

is that thing real?

I think you're somewhat understating it, a cheap hacked Wii U plays nearly every Nintendo game ever made, the only systems unavailable are 3DS and Switch. Great as an all in one Nintendo box, exclusives were decent throughout its lifespan and are only now making their way to Switch, unfortunate that it flopped so hard and didn't come bundled with the fucking Pro controller.

My mom threw it away inside an old travel bag I used to keep some toys in.
I left it there because I took the bag to a friend's house and he had a Wii-U and when I came back I left it on the floor for a couple of days, then left again to work at my grandpa's shop for a few weeks and when I came back again she threw the bag away because "The Ipad was broken and wouldn't charge"

speaking of the pro controller, it's underrated for shooter games.

That's exactly what it is though.

My bad I'm busy making even more money than you

no but it can play ds games anyways

>Baiting based upon capitalist born societal norms
Try harder.

with proper emulation or will it still look like it belongs a 2 inch screen?

Both?

any good guides?

I made 12k in 2016 and now I'm worth a quarter milli.

>inb4 role playing

Stupid nocoiner

wiiu.guide/

I made 2 RMB in 2003 and am now worth seven billion mung beans
Stupid nobeaner

How the fuck did i never heard of this!? Was this a jap only thing?