I'm starting to collect for both 3DS and DS. What are some must haves for both systems, including eShop games?

I'm starting to collect for both 3DS and DS. What are some must haves for both systems, including eShop games?

Castlevania Portrait of Ruins and Order of Ecclesia, pretty much the only games worth having

I don't know where to start with this one,DS has a a huge precious library,and 3DS too.You can look up the best-rated and best-selling games or past similar threads(in whatever website you stumble upon with Google),because I don't know if anyone is gonna bother making a good list.

besides the obvious Nintendo/Pokemon games:
Fire Emblem
Phoenix Wright
999/VLR
Chrono Trigger
Ghost Trick
SMT

Nothing because even Kirby Planet Robobot is selling for $80 fucking dollars. I bought a 2DS yesterday because Nintendo said they were still supporting it. Went to four stores and not a single store had any games worth buying. If this is what Nintendo supporting one of the best selling handhled of all times looks like, then no wonder the Wii U died before it had a chance to be birthed.

999/VLR and Ghost Trick are new in my list. Both sound quite interesting.

Which SMT are worth it? They look like really long games so I'd like to start with the best ones.

Starter list.

>Nothing because even Kirby Planet Robobot is selling for $80 fucking dollars.
What third world shithole are you living in?

999 and Virtue's Last Reward are more like a visual novel than an actual game, but they're really worth it just for the story alone
>Which SMT
on the 3DS it's SMT IV and Apocalypse, the best one in the series is on the PS2 though, but you don't need to play the previous games before IV

Canada. Once upon a time, it was a great country of trees and cheap video games. Then prices for console games went up $20, and local stores stopped stocking any 3DS games worth buying except the Pokemon. I don't know, maybe Ottawa or Toronto have better prices on this shit, but I'm not paying Amazon.ca $69.99 for Kirby Planet Robobot which is the cheapest copy I've seen. Would be better off buying digital if I trusted Nintendo. Instead, I'm worried that my games will disappear in a blackhole if my 2DS happens to die some day. Now I know why people pirate video games.

>korg
>starter list
Mhmmmhmmm

You do know Nintendo now has an account system, right? Your NNID keeps a record of all your purchases so if your 3DS is destroyed or stolen, you can call Nintendo to have your games switched to your new 3DS.

You did know this, right?

What I know is that this is my second 3DS/2DS system and I lost all of my purchases from my first account and haven't been able to get them back.

All you need.

Are there still people that have a 2ds/3ds, etc. And dont have freeshop?

Did you call Nintendo support and give them all your information of your original account?

>stealing games
This is why support for the 3DS is dead.

strange journey

>eShop games
Fuck off

I pirate my console games and buy my pc games.
Will buy a switch when I can hack it.

I'll add them to my list, then

Can I play SMT:A without playing IV? Seems like there're lots of QoL improvements in Apocalypse

How about the SMT spin offs?

>Buying PC
That's just pathetic since you don't even own them.

Twewy

>3ds
super mario maker
bravely default
monster hunter 4u
animal crossing: new leaf
fantasy life

>ds
phoenix wright series
professor layton series
pokemon super mystery dungeon explorers of time/darkness/sky
radiant historia (it's getting re-released on 3ds)
smt strange journey (also getting re-released on 3ds)
super mario bros 64ds

There's honestly tons of ds games to list. go watch several "top ds games" on yt

At least I dont pay jew prices for them.

>expecting logic from a PC fag
A bit too hopeful.

I cant play Mother 3 with the EzFlash IV. am I doing something wrong?

>Paying for less than air on PC

Considering you get nothing in return, yes you do.

have you looked into seeing if your microSD card is fully supported and/or properly formatted? that's usually the culprit of these kind of issues. hopefully it's not a faulty cartridge though.

Hey now, the korg app for DS was pretty solid.

I don't.
I never borthered updating cfw gateway had around 10.x versions and am still using it with an exception of transferring cia files via wifi.

Freeshop is the greatest thing ever.

me, nigger. I have a digital copy of ACNL with over 800 hours spent developing my town. I'm too scared to risk losing that save.

picross 3d

do the "handle" really change anything? Thinking of buying one...

yes. I get really into it while playing monster hunter and before I got one, my hands would cramp up after a short while. most of the handles you see on amazon just make holding the 3ds more like a controller. My hands don't cramp up anymore and the grip that I have sports a kickstand, which makes playing it in bed really comfy.

From a story perspective I think it's better to at least play the Neutral route of IV before but it's not necessary at all. Think of Apocalypse as an expansion to one of the routes in IV, plays out the same at first until new characters are suddenly introduced and the story takes a different turn. You can skip IV and play it right away, as it gives you recaps of what you need to know throughout the game but some of the context will be lost and you will not get most of the references.
Apocalypse is also more suited to new players.

This. The DS and 3DS lines both have some of THE best game libraries in history, the icing on the cake being both are pretty fucking easy to pirate on as well

>QoL improvements
It's a different story. Consider it being a Frozen Throne after Reign of Chaos.

Collection completed

I think I'll try Apocalypse first and see if I like the series at all

How about the spin offs? Devil Survivor looks like fun

Friendly reminder that this is LITERALLY the best 3ds design.
2dscucks need not apply.

Get Hotel Dusk and Last Window. They're point-and-click adventure games that require you to hold the DS like a book. If you care about games with good writing and stories, I'd say they're essential.

>not the majora's mask one

>Devil Survivor looks like fun
It's real good, it was my first smt games.
It is like one of the most choices mattering game on the system.
It also has the best routes in the smt franchise.