Why don't you play grand strategy games, user?

Why don't you play grand strategy games, user?
They are like strategy game, but grand.

CK2 is in my backlog, but I never get to play it since my backlog is loaded with great games. Was planning to play it now, but seeing as DaS3 is in HM right now I guess I'll never play it.

I love them but I just don't have time for them.

bump

Same here.
I feel like I would like them, but there are only so many hours in the day.
Plus I haven't even played half the races in TWH2...

I-I'm not the only one who play EU4 on very easy, right?

I prefer paint for my map simulators.

All I play is CK2

What the fuck is this shit?

I wanted to get into some MP sessions after 3 years of absence and this is what it costs will all DLCs? Even only with the gameplay stuff you're over €120.

I knew Paradox jewified themselves to keep making good games in this era, but god damn.

I meant to attach this. How am I supposed to not pirate under these circumstances?

>buying DLC from paradox
>not buying base game and pirating all the DLC

Cream api, just pirate the dlc my man

yeah shit has changed for sure. CK2 costs $250 with a billion DLC and yet is somehow worse than Victoria 2 with two expansions

Are you playing Hamburg or something?

Because all of the Paradox games are literally just P2W.
I mean yes, I pirated the DLC but still.

euiv is a pissed-down and also somehow frustrating mess of easy mana mechanics compared to eu3 built in a manner to continually push out DLC that "fixes" broken or poorly implemented mechanics with equally broken replacements.

CKII is fine but starting at every age before 1044 makes the world turn to shit.

I'm really not good at the game, I can only play it on basic level.

>P2W

what the fuck do you mean by this

you can't play multiplayer with people who don't have the exact same checksum as you you mongaloid

also euiv sucks

>CKII is fine but starting at every age before 1044 makes the world turn to shit.
Starting at any year creates ridiculous bordergore. Not just slightly ahistorical (it's an alt-history game after all) but utterly fucking stupid. World of Warcraft tier stupid.

There's nothing wrong with playing Very Easy as long as you enjoy it.

P2W was originally for single player games in arcades.

Anyway, CK2 is basically "get the magical cult DLC, you manipulate everyone". It's just retarded, really.
Great idea in managing to push out 3-4 times the price of the game with all DLC

for a few months i've wanted to take a count in western europe (france or lowlands) and then through marriage have a dynastic family member own some sort of land in Byz, and then switch characters to them and form the kingdom of Alania, and then annex georgia and then become independent from Byz but EVERY fucking time the world turns to shit at some point. Either wikings overrun germany or iberians overrun france.

The fastest I managed to do it was around 1300 and by then india had coalesced into an enormous glorious empire that pushed china and mongols shit in and then started a shitload of holy wars agains byz and wrecked them and then annexed me.

I completely agree that all the DLC past sword of islam is completely fucking stupid and unnecessary but user you know that you can just not pay for them or disable them right

If the MP host has DLC the whole group can play with it.

>There's nothing wrong with playing Very Easy as long as you enjoy it.
Agreed

So I bought the Paradox Humble Bundle and while I have yet to start CKII, I was wondering if there are any must-read guides on the game before I sink my teeth into it.

Also would anyone be interesting in trading something for these? I mainly bought the bundle just for CKII and Pillars of Eternity.

there are good youtube videos taht clearly explain all the basic mechanics you would need to know. DLC adds a lot of minor stuff like court life but its all pretty obvious. What you need help wrapping your head around is basic feudal structure, how inheritance works, levies, cassus belli, and maybe marriage alliances/claims

if anything I play too much. I don't know why. its just like putting my brain on auto pilot.

t. 1500 hours in eu4

the difference is that 1066 is a relatively stable start due to widespread christianity and less gavelkind, before that you have assloads of pagans and gavelkind thats causes kingdoms and empires to constantly implode. 1066 will still result in a shitshow, but it will be a much stabler and take longer to reach the shitshow.

Yeah for sure. I just had loads of people on /gsg/ telling me to try 1066 start after an Old Gods start turned into a joke (hours and hours later). Hours and hours later the 1066 start became a joke. Arabia in France. Bohemia on the northmost tip of Scotland. Russia in Spain.
In terms of RP the stories you can headcanon is amazing but the inheritance system (in a game about inheriting stuff) is childish.
I won't even mention how they are just pandering to reddit now with panda bears and horses.

Thats a fucking good dlc tho.
Conclave and Aztec you want to avoid

I do play them, but ck2 and eu4 have both been raped by expansions and updates

To bo honest the latest dlc is a fucking joke.
15 fucking bucks for nothing but meme chinese emperor events and random adventurers

I thought Reapers Due was alright except for the immortality shit. Conclave, Memes and Mystics, and Jade Dragon are shit though.

I play CK2 with two other lads and we have a great time.

Personally I love M&M.

-when you seduce your rival and write a book about it