Will it flop

Will it flop

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog#Sales
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

probably

why wouldn't it? what could they possibly do fresh with Megaman at this point

Samus Returns came out last year and I guarantee that no 2D shooter this year will top that

Of course it won't it's the first new Mega Man game after 8 years and it's on all consoles

Thinking it would flop is something a retard would do.

nah

its not MMX7
nothing in the series will hit that low of a point ever again.

I hope it is shit for that delicious megaman fanbase salt

Considering it will probably have loot boxes, yes

It won't be a flop.

Mega Man had 3D visuals in 2D platforming at least thrice.

Inafune was probably just a magic feather anyway.

times were simpler back then, the formula is pretty stale

i predict it will be a decent platformer but one of those games like cuphead that the majority of people stop talking about after a couple weeks

speedrunners will probably be all over it

>Samus Returns
That game was terrible and if megaman 11 has level design that is even good enough to be considered mediocre it will be a better game.

no, but it wont be selling like hot cakes either what people truly want is another X game not a classic megaman game

Probably not. Given nostalgia buys notwithstanding, the series was never a huge seller to begin with, just HIGHLY prolific in its presence and probably pretty easy to shit out. I doubt it'll have much of a budget thrown into it as it's never been a high budget series either.

>what people truly want is another X game

Considering how hit and miss the subseries became after X4, I'm not so crazy about a X9. That said, X8 was something of a rut shaker and a new X game could be fine if it was an improvement on at least that game.

Why is everyone so quick to shit on 11?

>2.5D
So what? It looks like it's done well, with faithful physics and accurate platform conveyance/use of contrast.

So spit it the hell out - what Youtuber told you it would be bad?

I'm not shitting on it, I'm pretty happy to see Megaman come back. I'm just not expecting the greatest entry in the series either.

Because it will probably bring the cancerous practices that are the standard now, microtransactions, lootboxes and forced online. You know it is true, t. nu capcom.

>Classic Mega Man
>flopping

Never.

Granted, 10 was underwhelming, but that was only determined -after- we got our hands on it.

Uh, yeah, happened with MM9 and MM10. Just part of being a fan of a niche game series, unfortunately.

I wouldn't mind another X8 as long as they TAKE OUT THE FUCKING RIDE CHASER LEVELS

Been there, done that.

Im gonna buy it, and the X Collection and the Legacy Collection all on Switch

but I have only played like one MM game in my life so its about time I got through them all.

10 was underwhelming after 9 but okay overall and Hard Mode was definitely worth a playthrough.

Have fun, user.

>tfw you will never play through classic MM/X for the first time again

Just emulate the NES ones and get Legacy 2, that will make things easier.

Can you get the arranged bgms playing normally or not?

9's fucking amazing. So, for me to see all this negativity well before the game is out just baffles me.
Or it would, if I didn't already know that the internet is largely jaded fucks lacking hope (though business and society at large certainly aren't helping things any).

We're talking about Capcom here. Of course it will flop. It will be overpriced, have Denuvo, have DLC, and be shit on top of all that.

Capcom's been a bit less shit lately compared to the early 10s, but even in that relative low we still got Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.

Most likely

you also forget, you don't get ANY upgrades or weapons in the game either

capcom was super smart with that version

It's on switch they'll gobble up anything

Will Sonic Mania get an "& Amy Lock-On" DLC that adds in the Super Emeralds?

Doubtful. Nostalgia is in vogue right now, just look at Crash. It’s also on the Switch, where shit like this thrives and Capcom is doing an X Collection which may drum up interest too.

Swiggity.

it looks better then universe did which says a lot

If it doesn't have the Mega Upper and Triangle Jump from Power Fighters, along with the option to use the Mega Arm then I'm going to cry.

That may be, but Universe had a Stage Builder.

Hope not. And really hope Capcom doesn't have unrealistic expectations for the sales of this thing.

Why all that when you can co-op with Roll?

>out of the blue, think to myself that I'll hum some megaman tunes
>try to hum Megaman 2's soundtrack
>I can only recall the game boy version, because I never played the NES version until I did so on emulator roughly 8 years after I played the game boy version

This is because I want megaman to have more than just his Megaman 4 moveset. I can't tell you how fucking glad I am that he's not stuck in MM1-2 mode like fucking 9 and 10 did.

what is MVCI?

9 and 10 already had paid DLC
There is literally fucking nothing in Mega Man they could even make Loot Boxes for
If you seriously think it'll have forced online you're just retarded

In a similar case
>try to hum Shade Man's theme
>I can't because I always use the Ghosts and Goblins code so I barely even know what his theme sounds like

>Overpriced
Confirmed that it's not going to be a 60$ game already
>Have Denuvo
Hasn't the latest version of Denuvo been cracked already? Not a problem for console versions anyways.
>Have DLC
So did Mega Man 9 and 10 that's not fucking new
>Be Shit
Considering everything I've seen and read on the game so far I highly doubt that.

>If you seriously think it'll have forced online you're just retarded
Legacy Collection 2 has forced online

I will physically manifest into the houses of those who do not buy this game and vaporize them.

>There is literally fucking nothing in Mega Man they could even make Loot Boxes for
The upgrades / boost-items that 7-10 had, maybe.
Just make them need multiple parts and/or be limited-usage. Bam. Capcom's fucking set.
>roll for damage up, weapon saver, and auto-charge parts
>get nothing but climb ladders faster parts

>Will it flop
Nostalgiafags alone will give it 1 million sales.

Considering how few MM games have hit even that, that's not entirely a given.

Auto's Shop only ever has like 8-10 items tops. That's not something you can build a lootbox system on.

We know one weapon enables Mega to air dash, so I'm hoping for more moves in the form of weapons.

Sonic Mania seemed to come out without any hiccups

screencap?

I think that his Smash 4 exposure may very well fix that problem.

They pretty much just have to price it between 20-30, not do some shitty practices like microtransactions, and have decent to good level design and people will eat it up.

Also, don’t try to hard focus on the story. I really don’t want another MN9

>We know one weapon enables Mega to air dash
Thank you based MM7 man.
I fucking love it when weapons have actual utilities.

>based MM7
worst fucking game

Denuvo and the two week PC delay with some shady shit to prevent cancelling pre-orders. That said, it still did well and as a game was great. Sega just fucked up on the PC version.

Why?

It would be if 8 didnt exist.

That's just it though. Expand what they actually do, or even worse, lock them into cosmetics.
>megaman exe full body set lowers charge time
>star force set allows you to do rapid fires
>X set increases the size of charge shots
etc.

capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

Megaman 2, Battle Network 4, Megaman X, and Megaman 3 are the only entries that broke 1 million.

>implying

Dr,WAHLEE

Because he has the gay.

>worst fucking game
But he didn't mention MM8.

>That game was terrible
No, it wasn't.

>battle network
>4
Man, even I was hype for the soul system but I didn't expect them to be THAT big a deal.

Screencap?

8 has shit voice acting and a dumb story. 7 looks like shit and more importantly plays like shit.

MM2gbfag here

Stack the GB megaman games from best to worst

>looks like shit

>GB
they all shit though how do you stack 0/10s

It's a list of best selling games from Capcom's own website. It's a better source than a screencap. Use ctrl+F and "mega man".

(You)

>it's literal shit

If Roll is playable then it will be a success.
But Capcom should really just give him away to Nintendo so he could get the same treatment as Kirby with simple annual games that don't have a huge budget put into it.

>he thinks the voice acting and the story were the worst things about 8

It won't flop on switch or ps4.

No faggot. Screepcap my fucking post that it will get at least a million. How fucking new are you?

Screencap your own post if you're so adamant about it. I don't really care.

Or they should get inti creates to make a new game every 2 years or so.

You cared enough to be a faggot. Go back to where you came from.

I'm sorry for providing sales data that suggests MM11 has a less than ideal chance of hitting a million in sales.

If Roll is in, do you think she'll actually have different weapons than Rock? Capcom will probably reuse her broom as her basic attack, but they still have potential to actually mix her up if they aren't going to be lazy (this is capcom though). She doesn't even have to have full on Zero-style broom/saber-techs, just variations on what mega himself has. Think along the lines of the weapon changes in Megaman Xtreme from their vanilla versions in the mainline X games, such as Ray Splasher being changed to Ray Claw, etc.

How is that even possible? How are Sonic sales? I blame your average working men being afraid of robots.

>other Legacy Collection doesn't have have Megaman & Bass despite having MM7 which is also a SNES game
>still tempted to buy it just because having MM9 and MM10 on the go would be neat

>inti creates
aren't they the one for all the atrocious shantae games?

How did re4 only have 2.3 sales especially with all the ports?

Mighty gunvolt burst and striker gunvolt are good though.

Some of the games are sequenced by specific port. That 2.3 million is just one port of RE4, the PS2 port by the looks of it. It reappears further down the list for other ports.

>Gunvolt
>Good

Aizu pls

No? I don't think they ever touched Shantae.

>implying it'll flop
>implying this isn't the start of a brand new golden age of Mega Man
ZX3 on the horizon, lads.

Dunno much about Sonic, though if Wikipedia's anything to go by the original broke 15 million on Genesis and has generally done pretty damn well for itself since.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog#Sales

no that's wayfoward user

Aile needs another game.

I bet you even '06 hit past a million. I blame furries. Furries are more popular and cancerous to robutt fuckers.

I would want it to go back to the SNES style.

They did some in game art.

Actually, it says that game did 870k as of 2016.