Well, what do you choose?

Well, what do you choose?

rod drop shield

Shield drop sword. Defense is the best stat in KH.

Staff.

I never look up what it does all I know is I want to be a wizard.

Pick sword, drop shield.

+Rod -Sword

>muh slots

Don't forget that what you choose picks your ability path and certain minor advantages rather than strictly stats.
Shield, drop Rod.

Shield drop staff

+Sword -Sheild Midnight. Maximum edge.

Right, and magic is more important than anything else.

Guess I'm just a basic bitch, but I had a lot of fun on take sword, drop shield. I'd like magic more if you could hotkey more than just a couple spells

Took Sword, dropped Staff.

Getting Guard earlier than normal with Shield makes a huge difference. Plus, when you pick Shield and drop Staff, you get 8 item slots and still keep a modest amount of stats.

Magic is beneficial, but I can tear my way through the game while only relying on it for certain bosses. Even with dropping the Staff, it doesn't cripple your magic and some people rely more on keyblade combos anyway despite this not being KH2.

Choose Sword, ignore Staff.
Isn't that what most people did?

+Staff -Sword for 100% playthrough
+Shield -Sword for speedrun
+Sword -Staff for casual playthrough

A lot of people apparently dropped the Shield instead. Cripples your defense, makes Sora a tissue paper in a onesie.

I dropped the shield because of the quote about being isolated.

Only reason I picked the sword was because I thought the game was asking what type of weapon I wanted not stat.

It's an action RPG. Dodge and heal fucking Dark Souls style and you'll be fine.

Same, especially since the opening video before the main menu shows goofy fighting with a shield and donald with a staff

fpbp

everyone told me that +staff -sword was the meta option

they all left out that its the least fun option.
had to play the whole game just casting magic thirty feet away from all of the heartless. i think i got maybe one air combo plus and no combo pluses by the end of the game.

Blasting entire waves of enemies with magic and summons >>> slowly tapping individual mobs with physical combos

Because if you're playing on proud critical, nothing gets hit stun so when you combo you're just going to get hit. Since everything that hits you will either kill you or leave you with 1 hp, comboing isn't good.

Some people really prefer to cheese with magic, but honestly it's pretty boring.

If getting hit is an issue, staff allows you to spam Aero more tho. Its overall the most rounded choice.

oh boy that looks fun

If you have to rely on Aero for more than tough boss fights to buffer damage, you're probably taking a lot of excess damage to begin with.

With just Guard and Glide you can cheese the Riku fight ez.

either go +sword or +staff but -shield. always best fun to combo and weave in spells when you can.

BTFOing bosses with Stop is the most fun part of KH1.

>Swordfags and Shieldfags will never know what it's like having 2 extra MP bars

What are you most afraid of user?

How many MP bars you have actually dictates how strong your magic is overall.

It's like summoning Bambi and having nearly infinite MP bars, I imagine.

>be dyel wandfag
>massage heartless back with cucky key tap
>die

Restoring MP isnt an issue but your max MP actually determines the strength of magic hence its better to pick staff.

Staff for extra MP.

Back then KH1 was too easy for me on expert to the point where I used the kingdom key for everything except Sephiroth(takes too long to kill with kingdom key)

Only plebs choose sword over any of the other two. Sora's always going to be the heaviest hitter no matter what, he doesn't need any more points in offense. Worst part about dropping the sword is you're gonna be mashing X 25 times instead of 20.
>muh dodge roll
Real men master the block timing for those sweet tech points.

>Can't summon Bambi in the Coliseum or in battles where Sora is alone (all of the hardest optional battles)
>Your thundagas will never be as powerful as the staff masterrace's no matter what you do
>Stafffags can utilize their powerful thundagas to quickly grind materials and synthesize Power Ups to be stronger than Swordfags can ever imagine

Choose Staff drop Sword.

Gives balanced stats and extra MP which is worth more than two item slots. Extra MP is insanely useful and better late game.

Honestly you can literally just swing your sword around like a retard and end up with counters 80% of the time anyway.

>block
try parrying you pussy

I chose the sword because that would be what most anime heroes would chose.

I beat the game without using magic aside from heal when I was young. Was I uber retarded or what

Rod drop sword. Most combat skills suck