Mods to make this game feel more like New Vegas/ other RPGs? There is potential in this game...

Mods to make this game feel more like New Vegas/ other RPGs? There is potential in this game, but there are so little NPCS and quests and you can't really make any fun builds because of the shallow leveling system.

$50 you would have a more enjoyable time playing a modded sims 4

More NPCs than NV

More quests than NV

I forgot to mention, any cool and immersive mods I'll take. Armor, weapons, companions, quests, new mechanics. Stuff that fits and will help make this game feel more complete.

I mean, it might technically have more quests and NPCs, but they were all radiant story-less quests and generic settlers with little to no dialogue.

There's a mod that brings back the skill system. Not cosmetically, like actually mechanically.

Seems cool, but sadly there still won't be any skill checks or anything like that that really helped your builds feel interesting.

There's the obvious stuff like Script Extender, Unofficial Patch, lowered weapons, Functional Weapon Racks, Sim Settlements, Full Dialogue Interface.

Another Life is essential for roleplaying, pic related.

Yes but it gets rid of a lot of redundant perks you spend points in by just tying them to skill levels (meaning you don't have to wait until like level 30 to hack master terminals)

War Never Changes to fix the gameplay

Is it "Be Exceptional - Skills and Perk Overhaul"?

NV's NPCs and Quests are better than fallout 4's though.

That's what I use.

Start Me Up is the best alternate Start Mod

Ellen is good companion mod

Beast Master lets you make the settlement creatures your animal companions

I prefer Another Life because you can do things like start as a raider allied with the raiders

I've heard good things about Ellen so I'll probably get her. Also Beast Master seems pretty sweet.

counterpoint

kid in a fridge

The game had some neat Ideas and some of the mods really make it better but at the sametime the story line and probably all the quests make it unbearable.

Im just waiting for FO4 new vegas.

The game has alot with the dlcs. I did 180 missions or something in my last playthrough. Doing everything without any building takes around 80 hours.

Shitty Bethesda fetch quests don't count.

The storyline wasn't horrible. Not crazy about having so much backstory but I liked the factions involved. Wish there was more depth to it. Maybe have the "Golden Ending" actually involve the factions coming together instead of the story just ending with them all still alive.
I also really loved the few quests that were actually there. Stuff like Diamond City Blues and The Silver Shroud were awesome, but here weren't enough of them.

I can't call FO4 a good game, but I can mod it to the point where I can enjoy playing it

>Go talk to jerry the punk
>Go talk to julie farkas
>quest over

Majority of new vegas quests in a nutshell

Far Harbor was really good, better than the base game honestly, and Automatron was fun and took a bit to complete, but Nukaworld was hurt by there not being morally good way through it. If you are trying to play a heroic character you miss out on like 90% of the DLC.

The whole point of Nuka World was "fine, you want to be a raider? HERE'S YOUR GODDAMN RAIDER DLC!"

You can still clear out the parks in NW and do the other sidequests you just have to wipe out the raiders instead of raiding the commonwealth. They made an evil dlc for a reason.

That's true, it just seems weird to have a whole DLC that only appeals to some characters.

They made an evil DLC because they neglected to put enough evil choices in the base game.
In a better world there would have been more evil choices in the base game and NW would have had both evil choices and good choices that don't block you out of most of the DLCs content.

Most people would never install this, but one of my favorite mods is Fallout 4 Seasons, with my preference being Spring.

In my opinion if plants could grow again in Hiroshima and Nagasaki within a decade, then nature should have reclaimed the non-city parts of the commonwealth.

Here's another of spring

You don't really miss out on anything important aside from redeye on the radio. You can even infiltrate them for a while to get Gage's perk and then wipe them out.

It's its own game, play NV if you want NV.

America Rising: A Tale of the Enclave. Made by the same people that made the Enclave story mod for NV (this time with not such terribly bad voice acting), basically you help bring them back to power.

I don't necessarily want NV, I just want Fallout 4 to be more complete-feeling. The game is so barren and empty, which sucks because what little there actually is in this game I really enjoy.

That does look much better

another + for sfallout 4 seasons. i love the fall version.

Biggest problem so far seems to be overpowered enemies everywhere. I heard they supposed to get harder when you go South, but still around Settlement, police station, and national armory everyone seems overpowered. Fucking bloodbugs.
Or the retard SPECIAL system is just fucked and ruined my playthrough.

Honestly just go on the nexus, look at the most popular mods, see if there's any you'd like, and start downloading. Though everything previously mentioned here is good.

I was interested in this but I read that it makes the Brotherhood hate you. Makes sense, but I was hoping to go for the Golden Ending were The Minutemen, The Railroad, and the Brotherhood all live.
How is this mod anyway? Are the companions good? Also, do I have to be all genocidal and evil or can I still be the hero?

If you prefer snow then get winter instead.

Eh I'm not much for autumn really.

>I was interested in this but I read that it makes the Brotherhood hate you.
Well I mean of course it does, you're the fucking Enclave.

>How is this mod anyway? Are the companions good? Also, do I have to be all genocidal and evil or can I still be the hero?
I can't remember if you get any companions out of it. And no you aren't comically evil, mainly because it starts with you thawing out some US military guys in the basement of the vault you were in, and basically it's a storyline to re-establish the US government.

The mod page mentioned that there were two companions and companions are one of my favorite parts of RPGs so I'm curious about them.
That plot does seem interesting.

Oh and I forgot to mention, the story outright avoids using the name Enclave until a critical point after you've retaken an oil rig (no not THE oil rig) and make contact with Chicago (as it is the Enclave's canon fortress-city HQ). Then your general on the rig basically goes "We are the Enclave, we are America!" and a fleet of vertibirds fly in from the fog.

Fallout was always about the characters and dialog and creating a world that felt real

Enjoy your kid in a fridge in Todd’s bastard child

That sounds pretty awesome, plus then there is an excuse for good characters to get roped into it. I'll probably install this even if I don't end up siding with the Enclave all the way.

Dude who the fuck cares, when I play fallout, I want to shoot things and and crack a few raider skulls, not read about some 1950's joke

Fallout 4 would use the autumn version though as the day you're unthawed is October 23. Which is also the exact day the bombs fell in 2077

thawed, I mean

I will say though that it isn't as noticable in Far Harbor due to the fog.

My only issue with FH is that if you don't bring Nick for some reason, you really only get like half the story.

Yeah, he's pretty much essential. Luckily Nick is cool and I don't mind taking him along.

There's no reason to a companion that isn't Piper or Nick because they're the 2 that the writers seemed to actually care about. And there's no reason to choose Piper over Nick because Nick's great, he's easily one of the best things to come from FO4.

Piper is a quality waifu though.
My favorite companion is actually Codsworth.

Curie is best waifu. Even when it is kind of incest if you think about it.

RidableBot to turn the game into Votoms

WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED THAT THIS EXISTS

Eh, she acts too much like a kid.

Curie was cool, but honestly her model looked kind of off and most mods for NPC appearances end up making them look like either bimbos or anime characters so I can't really fix it.

Since we are talking about companions, has anyone ever used Birdie from Tales From the Commonwealth. I really like him.

I feel she has the right to act like a little like a kid, she's been trapped in a small series of rooms for 210 years and has never seen the world above. She is by far the most optimistic companion as well, which makes a nice change of pace. My one problem with Curie is how sometimes she still says robot things despite not being a robot.

Why don't you learn how to mod then?

Why wouldn't you just play Borderlands if all you wanted to do was shoot people?

I use as a mod my wife. I love the answer they give for how she survived "I used a stimpack"

as a companion mod I mean

I still find it bullshit that there is somehow no way for Father to not die of cancer, the institute are pretty much magic scientists and they never found a way?

If his knowledge and memories are what is important, why don't they just make a Nick version of him that has a total download of his mind? So that Father is always with them.

It was fun to go around shooting but the main story + quests are ass.

So what do you think of the theory that your character is a synth? I mean, nothing in the story outright contradicts it, and DiMA points out how it's odd that you have no clear memories prior to October 23 2077.

That's why it's a game best enjoyed by cranking up the radio, picking a random direction, and just going that way to explore.

Might want to do the quest to help the radio guy get his confidence though so he isn't unbearable to listen to. It's always the first quest I do ingame.

It feels wrong pushing romance on someone so naive, surprised she's even an option (probably filler).
Piper is just as cute without the naivete, and is more the girl next door type, but to each their own.

I think it's bullshit that Bethesda put in just to fuck with people. It's weird to think about at first, but it falls apart when you think of how little sense it would make. Why would Father lie to you about it? Why would the Institute a synth lead them? What happened to the real you?

Cait is the best waifu for a violent badass character it's fun going with her

Yeah, that's why I liked Piper's romance. It was cutesy and all that without it feeling a bit rapey.

Cait was weird to me. She starts out all raider-ish and evil, but as you progress through her story she talks about how you are doing stuff for her for nothing in return and how you are the first person to ever be nice to her. It makes her seem like she still belongs with a hero character rather than a ruthless raider.

b-but he had to die for the drama!!!

She's a cunt to 99% of people you're the only one she gives a shit about.