If Nintendo brought Nintendo 64 games to the Switch, what price would be comfortable playing for any given game?

If Nintendo brought Nintendo 64 games to the Switch, what price would be comfortable playing for any given game?

strawpoll.me/15120236

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.com/wiiu/eshop/virtual-console
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also tfw this will never happen.

$0.99

Also what games would you want to see? Personally I would love to see Star Wars games make it, but fucking Disney will never let it happen.

this, I can play them whenever I want with two clicks on PC so why should I pay more than a dollar for them on switch?

The fact that you don't have to download a trojan ridden emulator that takes 4 hours of setup to get just one game to half way work only to have it crash 30 minutes in to playing it.

It should be $5 at the max, but we know its going to be $10, just like on the Wii & U.

Who the fuck said $20? You would spend $20 on an n64 game? What's wrong with you?

5 bucks top, more is overkill

Good thing that never happened then.

20/30$

English seems to be your second language. Please go to your respective slavic image board and die there. Thank you!

Nothing, because I still own my 64

Wave Race is worth $20. I just want my HD sequel, man.

£5 tops

Nothing, whats wrong with you poorfag

So you're saying you wouldn't even pay $5 for the likes of OOT, MM, Mario 64 etc even for the convenience of having it on the Switch?

>To retard to learn more than 1 languages

>NES

>SNES

>N64

>GCN

>Wii

>GB/C

>GBA

>DS

>Gets BTFO
>l-l-l-learn to speak american!! haha looks like I won another internet argument!!! h-haha......
I accept your concession.

>Being this retarded.

You're either legitimately stupid or a marketer.

>2018 still owns old hardware
Pathetic as fuck

>why should I obey the law when I can just steal

Point out an emulator that doesn't have a history of horrible crashing/incompatibility or problems with virus' and trojans.

I'll wait.

Come and stop me ;)

Hensaid 64 retard learn how to read

The 64 was an overrated piece of shit that only had a handful of good games, anything worth playing already having been ported or remade somewhere else. Any time I ask for the 64 games worth playing, I always get the same fucking five or six games every time.

Meanwhile, any time I ask for PS1 games I may have missed out on, I always get a variety of responses. Even if the games they recommend end up being shit, at least it was something other than HURRR PLAY MAJORA'S MASK OF COURSE XD

The only thing I've ever gotten that wasn't the usual response was Aidyn Chronicles or whatever, which was actually pretty good.

Nope
>He thinks paying ONCE AGAIN for the same game he owned 20 years ago is acceptable
The ABSOLUTE state of Nintendies

$20 is a an incredibly tiny and insignificant amount of money in the first world faggot.

>Wii
>10.99
What are some Wii games without any motion controls at all due to handheld mode inb4 brawl

what retard can't get p64k working

Same as the switch them, thats cuz most people got a 64 instead of a ps1

Letting go of the past is part of growing up. You call other nintendies yet you hold on to your old N64.

Self reflection is key.

being THIS deluded

5 dollars, literally no more than that. I'm so sick of Nintendo thinking they can charge so much for these decades old ROMs that are free on the internet and that I've ALREADY BOUGHT MULTIPLE TIMES. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO KEEP BUYING THEM. For Christs sake I can put Fable in my Xbox one and play it for FREE.

It's possible, a lot of the old Lucasarts games are on Steam, including Shadows of the Empire.

Too poor to afford 60$ on a game.
Get a job neet fat cunt

>Let go of the past
>But don’t forget to buy it again on Switch!
Cmon son, be real

No more than $5, preferably lower if possible. Nintendo too intensely overvalues their old games, far more than their actual worth. I remember Mario kart double dash being $40 10 years after release.

In the case of Eshop titles, and even their last or current gen, their pricing is Nintendo's greed and selfishness, nothing more nothing less. Like the other fag said, if I want to play Nintendo games I either turn on a emulator or crank up my old consoles.

You cant even use the "Nintendo quality" damage control either anymore, because Since the Wii there's been a dramatic decline in quality as they oversimplify their games in difficulty, overall design, and control mechanics. They should be dropping prices regularly like everyone else does, but they never do. Why? Because once again, they're an extremely greedy corporation.

All of them? What the fuck are you talking about? Are you that fucking inept?

Well how would you feel if you were given access to a chosen library of N64 games each month on a $5 per month sub service?

>when you download the entire n64 library and its only 7gb

Enjoy paying for your n64 roms for the third time

yet it happens fucking everywhere. sony microsoft, shit even gog does this. why are you such a console war faggot?

I already invested in an Everdrive so I'll probably never purchase another N64 game again.

>Several games are over 20 years old
>I have purchased them multiple times
>They can be emulated
5 bucks is the absolute maximum any one of us should be willing to pay and Nintendo should just be grateful and blow us. This goes for all their pre-Wii U games.

No thanks, I’ll enjoy all the games I have for free.

>problems with virus'
mom?

For 64?

PJ64
Mupen

For anything else? All of them. They only have viri/trojans if you download from a backwater website or someones blog like a retard. I'm convinced you're a offsiter retard or a marketer.

Fuck off retard.

This. Any time I try to talk about this in one of the Nintendo dicksucking threads I always get NOPE IT'S IMPOSSIBLE NOBODY CAN DO IT EVER.

Then I mention how I can log into my Steam on my friend's PC, or how I've been playing the same PS1 games I bought ONCE across my PSP and Vita throughout the years and get "uhhhhhhhhh WELL ITS NOT ON PS4 TAKE THAT LOL" ignoring that I still got a good 10-12 years out of it, compared to Nintendo expecting me to rebuy Link to the Past for the fifth time.

Which I probably will because I'm a faggot and derail my entire argument.

You'd still detach the joycons for handheld though.

If a decade has pass and you still doesnt have the income to trow a few $ into your decade old hoby you are the problem faggot

PJ64 runs game better than Nintendo's emulator

>entertainment should be worth less because it's old

That would be alright I guess, sort of like Xbox game pass or PlayStation Now. "Chosen" should be the entire library though.

>emulating n64 is stealing
because you can still go and buy n64 + games right?

Look at all that projection, quit being a faggot and emulate

I should not play it since they are old games

>I have no argument

Thanks for automatically losing by posting a brainlet feels guy.

Why is N64 emulation so shitty

You can

Yes, that's literally what this thread is about.

>nintendo.com/wiiu/eshop/virtual-console

Aggressively missing the point. I spend plenty on games, but NEW GAMES I HAVEN'T ALREADY BOUGHT REPEATEDLY. Tell me why they deserve money again and again and again for the same game I keep paying them for? It's indefensible.

You can its also cheaper you can get the console and a few games for half the cost of virtual console one, but the trick is that you have to own or buy and old tv cuz that old crap doesnt have hdmi or dp

The price they released at
If i understand correctly Older games are better than modern games and people would rather play them so obviously they are worth the same price as modern games if not the same price they released at because they are the better game and people are willing to pay

Depends on the game but I'd say anything above 20$ is unreasonable

Just let me have Bomberman 64 and Mario Party 1-3 portable you cunts

I can run those games on my phone.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cuz now you are older, its your choise if you want to keep playing games like a fag or to collect them. Try to grown up some times and take it easy on your soy intake fat bitch

>having to buy a Wii U to play n64 games
they don't even have the entire library

The Reality Coprocessor is complex

>gamecube controller works with switch right fucking now
>no gamecube vc
Sunshine is the only Mario game I've never played.

>Sup Forums Sup Forums Sup Forums Sup Forums and Sup Forums promote pirated materials
>Sup Forums REEEEEEEs all the way home

Making a board about videogames was a mistake

I can already play them for free, so $0

Gaming subscriptions are against my religion. They are products, I will buy them individually or not at all

Thanks for the tip friend. I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon reporting every piracy thread I see on those boards.

Exactly. I think Xbox backwards compatibility is the best by far, adding new compatible games for free every month. That division is making zero profit from those updates. Granted they are the youngest in the industry and only have e generations to work with but still. I usually just play my PlayStation stuff on the original hardware because it's all hooked up so I'm not familiar with PlayStation BC but I know games like dark cloud on ps4 get actual graphical updates and aren't just straight roms.

Okay so let's say you get to permanently keep one of the games at the end of the month, but the price is $10.

>convert n64 into switch dock
>front light doesnt work

what kind of shoddy bullshit is this? did channel awesome make that?

Wow. Are you literally a shitpost in real life?

Congratulations, you managed to come up with prices that make even less sense than Nintendo's.

Yeah and I'm unfamiliar with Xbox. I had a 360 at launch so I got to watch it evolve from that really cool first OS into ADS ADS ADS so I completely got off the Xbox bandwagon. Last Xbox anything I ever bought was the 360 Slim when the Kinnect (lol) was released, an Xbox One controller to replace my PC controller that finally exploded, and a copy of Rare Replay (again, anything worth a damn was ported) in case I ever get an Xbox One on the cheap.

i love these type of shitposts. they always put a smile on my face, unlike most the trash kids on this site with zero imagination

Nintendo not openly disrespecting fans is what keeps the backlash to this kind of things at a minimum. It's a pretty shit practice when their contemporaries have taken strides to preserve their games. When you buy a movie, it should be a while before the means of playing it become obsolete and you have to repurchase it for another machine.

They can plead the piracy defense, that all the rampant hacking of Wii, Wii U, DS, and 3DS means your eshop purchases can't be carried over, but your post and this thread shows there are plenty of people willing to support Nintendo just because they make great games.

Enjoy paying 60 bucks for this then.

Not even him but maybe, you can stop defending a corporation like a little faggot bitch and realize they arent your friend and that they're being fucking greedy.

Value of objects depreciates over time when there is no lack of resources for them, and in the case of roms they never go away. It has always been like that in gaming unless its a physical copy. Nintendo is selling you fucking roms, there is no original hardware requirement involved, no controller or console for them anymore. They're a detached entity from their original source.

They're also something you can easily and readily get for free anywhere on the internet. There is no physical dependency for the roms, they can be played on any device at this point, and Nintendo long since recovered their original cost+BILLIONS more so they're not suffering for it.

Just because Nintendo owns the intellectual property rights to these IP's does not mean they /should/ continue to fucking charge out the ass for them, even if its their right. Maybe YOU should take Miyamoto's old wrinkly chinese dick out of your ass and let the swelling go down.

You can still watch the VHS movies you bought back in the 80s, just like you can still play the NES games you bought in the 80s. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything again. What you're really paying for is the convenience of being able to play everything on one modern system.

why

do

you

type

you're

on

reddit

?

I think it will happen just not that soon. They should just release the virtual console with everything up to GameCube. They would be swimming in money more than they ever have.

Never been there, nice ad hominem. You lose.

Because I would rather carry my switch than a computer and a controller to plug into it.

>unable to tell the difference between readability and reddit spacing

I think Little Kings Story has no motion controls. It's in my top 5 games, really excellent.

I'm not going to jump through the hoops of keeping a bunch of obsolete hardware plugged in the corner of my house in order to watch woefully outdated movies when I'm already quite content with my modern conveniences. I just bought Innerspace on blu-ray and despite being an 80's movie, they cleaned it up quite nicely.

I'm not going to be that fucking faggot that says I should be able to tweet my old NES cartridges to Nintendo, but for fucks sake when I bought my Wii U and transferred my Wii onto it, those fucking Japs wanted me to pay a buck a piece for all my NES games just to play them on my new tablet. Then, when they "synced" the Wii U and 3DS accounts, despite acknowledging I've bought the games on one system or the other, they still expected me to rebuy them.

Come on, man. What the fuck.

$5 per individual game. I'm not budging. I'll pay $10 per gamecube game, maybe more for Wii games if both joycons can be Wii motes

There's a cost to developing/porting those emulators from Wii to Wii U. $1 per game seems like a perfectly reasonable price to pay for that.

The way I see it, older titles should be cheaper considering their loss of value in the digital age. It's the only way they'll get me to collect virtual console titles.
>NES
$0.99

>SNES
$1.99

>N64
$4.99

>GCN
$14.99

>Wii
$14.99

>Wii U (If even possible)
$19.99

>GB
$1.99

>GBC
$2.99

>GBA
$4.99

>DS
$9.99

No it isn't you fucking idiot, because it's been proven they literally just snatched their own roms off the internet.

Why didn't Sony make me pay a dollar each to use the same games (plus my saves) on my PSP and Vita?

>I can't tell the difference between emulators and roms
>I don't know what intellectual property is or how it works