twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

geffen's theme is objectively superior to prontera's

>not Payon
Payon is a meme but a good one.

Archer. I just love double strafing enemies

Playin originsRO
No cash shop or donations
Feels good

For me it was always the archer. Loved the hawk pet. I still miss those oldschool private servers.

Dual Dagger Poison Assassin :)

I was huge on Thief classes. Why? My server was PVP in all areas except inside towns. Thief classes had fun skills that made PVP really fun.

Nothing was more fun than getting revenge on some asshole who PK'd one of my secondaries while I was trying to level up by sneaking up on him with my Assassin and instakilling him.

I played the shit out of an Alchemist but I started as an Assassin. I will always love Morroc's original theme and Christmas In The 13th Month is the best OST in any videogame ever and whoever says otherwise is wrong.

I need a Private Low-Rates Server with a somewhat substantial pop and no donations.

Am i asking to much Sup Forums?

>a good server
yes

>Dude l'm so contrarian l cant even use three quarters of my skills
ebin
>no donations
You are shit out of luck user

Uhhh..
I'm playing there. It also has no rebirth yet but will in the future. Also no god items.

Merchant > Blacksmith

Not because I cared about buying/selling/crafting but because I thought it looked cool

Acolyte, always
I love Priests

FAITHFUL PORT OF RAGNAROK ONLINE TO MOBILE FUCKING WHEN

I JUST WANT TO PLAY IT WHEN I HAVE FREE TIME AT LUNCH
IT'S JUST POINT AND CLICK

Lmao that's definitely how it felt

Who /bard/ here? Shift right click on the wiz, set bragi, do nothing all game. It was the life

please this. Dumb it down as LITTLE as possible, just to make the interface work.

Idle Poring?

WoE bard really was bragi and/or the No-Skill song with a dancer. Full vit, violin[4] with fabres and all the defenses available. Kinda boring really

Vulcan arrow clown farming High Wizards in Bio was the shit tho

That e-celeb Summit1G is opening a server in the next few days

jesus christ no

I had a bow rogue that I loved. (technically shadow chaser) Had an item that let me use double strike with bows which was pretty neat. And there was an ability you could use that let you copy a skill from another class that deals damage to you. I wore armor that made me undead so that heal spells would hurt me and let me steal the heal skill.

I had a self-healing thief archer with double strike arrows and awesome evasion.

The fact that you could do something so creative and interesting in Ragnarok is testament to how brilliant that game was. Nothing like that in other mmos I've played.

some good shit

I never did WoE on proper servers. Just shitty ones that we got paid to. It was mostly sit there nothing nothing

>Fall in love
Xsin and ninja
>Most competent
Wizard

Rogue's ability copying was nutty.

One of the best builds in the game was a Rogue with Bowling Bash copied but using a Bow. Bowling Bash with a Bow was absurdly strong.

Assassin. Where are you my FaithRO bro? ;_;

Gramp is a mistake.

What server are we jumping on now?

Sage/Scholar. Played the shit outta that class, and had way too much fun during WoE, despite the constant stream of nerfs.

Great, can't wait to watch it die in a day.

Monk or Super Novice

Mage for VFWing argropies

Fuck, now I'm going to have to download the official client again. I hate playing with the constant bots and useless support; but I just can't take the egos that develop on private servers.

>Do the intro quest
>Take the quiz
>Get placed as archer
>Cringe
>Reroll Swordsman
What a fucking retard I used to be

>it's wizard line get cucked since every other class have AOE and even hunter line have AOE that easily deal 2x damage of your strongest spell WITH CUSTOMIZED ELEMENT since arrows exist and you stuck with one element (crimson rock) episode
What the hell were they thinking

>playing keknewal

I just downloaded top rated server on ratemyserver without looking at description.

Should I play any of the mobile versions?

Aren't the mobile versions a direct copy of the PC game?

It's actually good. Let's talk about it. Just started today. Grinded about 6 hours...

Post your stuff

good memories but never going to start grinding ever again

The merchant class, and I never found a game with such trading system. It was awesome having your own shop and farm with strong spells at the same time, also the crafting was fun.

Or copying water ball lvl 11 from Tao Gunka, that was nuts

>No love for best class

I'm actually disappointed.

Wrong thread buddy.

>always the healslut
you know who

>find high rate high level server
>roll sac pali
MVPs had shit on me

oh hey yeah, friend me so we can never have a single interaction. So fun XD

Acolyte into Monk

I just really wanted to Mace and Fist shit.

my first one is a agi knight

Soul linker is a mistake.

classic RO SVD Spear Knight

literally cleared entire PVP rooms with my heal friend every afternoon. people had to bring 5+ people to dogpile us just to kick us out lel.

good times.

What a terrible game. Very nostalgic though.

I love to play with Archer and wizard

I'm creating a isometric arpg heavily inspired in RO, it will take years to get ready obviously so don't expect anything soon. Please provide some feedback on what you'd want to see from said project.

I'm personally currently brainstorming over how to make the party system and pure support classes (or pure tank classes) work in a single player rpg.

>it will take years
Nobody would care by then.

Thief then rogue. Pretty huge DPS shitter for most of my time playing MMO's because of it with a constant need to hide and be a scum bag.

In my opinion, one of Ragnarok's main strength is it's versatile/modular class and build system. For example; each class has several viable ways of playing it. A Stalker could be kitted out for WoE with Strip/Support skills, and have plagiarized flying side kick to help debuff/increase movement: Or it could go full double strafe damage build. A Scholar could be full support focusing on endow, web, and LP, or use a high agi build with Hindsight/link for damage. Then you could further augment them with items: A Hindsight scholar could use dagger of counter to achieve massive Crit; or use Book of the Dead for insta-kills.

On the topic of classes; I think having the separate and distinct second jobs helped a ton. By which I mean the choice between Offense based (Knight, Wizard, Hunter Etc.) or Defense based (Crusader, Sage, Bard)

Also, having an interesting an engaging Overworld with a spectacular OST helped it quite a bit.

Fucking assassins man.
Archer girl is best girl tho.
Swordsman was full on bro tier.
Champ was full on nigger faggot tier.
Whitesmith was fucking hipster tier.
Alchemist meh tier.
Priest we all love you.

Professor and Biochimist are the best class ever created.
Champion next, but i sucked hard balls with them.

Just stop official is so much worse. And just when u finally get that cash shop item that makes you the best they make a new one next month.
Iro is dead.

I was planning on most of that which is why I'm sure it will take years of development time. Creating sprites for classes and monsters, creating maps, quests, music, not to mention coding all of that will be a fuckload of work.

How legit is it to play RO on Steam?
Is it better to just play on a private server?

I rarely play it just to Soul Strike some mobs because that is my favorite move in the whole game.

>dual dagger sin is contrarian

Did you stop playing before Ice Pick was a thing or something?

Drake was the MVP with the overleveled Water Ball

Don't be afraid to make classes feel "OP" at their own role.
In RO, every class has a niche that they're really good at, but also (generally) have a weakness in another area that needed to be covered by party play.

Also, to get the real RO experience, you have to have real time equipment swaps be easy to preform and powerful

>roll dagger sin because it seemed cool
>nice 2000 damage from normal swings
>doesn't fucking amount of anything later in the game
>literally can't do shit later, terrible against most mvps besides that useless fuck in morroc desert

>meanwhile friend rolls priest, gets party all the time, hits 99, gets his alts free carried to via biolab leech in return for shit he does while on priest

FUCK

Yeah but imagine having to manage 4 characters at the same time while also having to manage real time swapping. I'm not going to say no, because it does sound like the kind of thing that can be fun, but I'd probably reserve that as a need only for higher level maps.

>stuck with maplestory instead of playing ragnarok online back then
were the communities the same?

Acolyte.

Back then I didn't fully understand it, but it appealed to my healslut nature.

leika-ro.net
Thank me later.

>he didn't play both
lmaoing at ur life

>Merchant
>cute when they sit
>crazy dmg
>sexy as fuck Blacksmith
>crazier dmg
>rich as fuck

>Just stop official is so much worse.
private servers are infininity beyond worse just because none of them can either stay up for more than a month or two, or they can't not be filled with ego filled tard admins and nefarious cashshop practices that end up being worse than officials.

Me and a friend are working on a fucked up server where :
>you build your own class since you have access to almost every skills of your job class (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc...) but are still limited in your skill point
>you can capture monsters and then summon them to battle for you

>freebuilding
>3rd class job skills
its roight fucked from the start lad

well you still have to manage the pre-requisite and YES, it wont be balanced

>choose your own class adventure book
>with renewal
no matter what, skip to page 2 to see your 7x7 AoE in action

>browser refuse to load the page
This is scam, right

>class adventure book
care to develop ?

Archer and Merchant. I remember vividly paying a priest to boost my Archer in Glast Heim, I miss those times.

it's an ancient /rog/ meme

while at it, avoid anything to do with leika and nova

Why did RO hate swords so much? Both crusader and knight trees were better with spears and kept getting spear abilities as job extensions were released

he didn't play dual sword assassin

>bowling bash knight
>literally anything but autoattack spear meme crusader
>using anything but a sword
111-COME-ON-NOW

Super novice and blacksmith

>tfw make a server
>no cash shop
>max char slots
>normal rates
>classic
>some tweaks here and there
>server can support up to 3,000 players on load
>weekly scouting in admin account to ban bots on sight
>no MvP cards
>no enriched elus / oris
>no bubblegums or exp books
>focus is on team work
>no mods allowed
>slave priests not allowed

>monthly fee of 3$ / account (PayPal)
>nothing more, nothing less
>basically to pay locally electricity & internet
>simple website and a free forum

would you play and play it?

I'm already in Nova though. suprisingly many people from my country are there.

brland?
peenoyse?
>3$ per account to play on a server hosted in someones basement
skip

For those wondering about Tree of Savior the so called "spiritual successor" for RO:

>Massive botting problem with Necromancers AFK farming and ruining every servers economies
>GMs refuse to ban them because they belong to guilds / are EA players
>they nerf the silver gain of normal methods instead
>1400 players across 6 servers
>population dropping constantly
>no updates for months / years
>more gacha cubes
>no content updates, just balance patches
>gimmick classes added that no one will roll
>more pay to win cash shop items priority
>entire community uses cheats and exploits
>massive gear grinds that take years to accomplish for basic DPS increases
>whiny clique community

I haven't found a MMO that made me so happy and enthusiastic to play as Ragnarok did. Although I did play and enjoy Priston Tale during the same period. Now I miss both. The people I met there, the friends I made, the stupid things done... Hold me, user

>paying for originsRO
lmao no thx

?

Emile, poor warlock

I thought you could only copy up to lvl 10?
or is this the 3rd job copy?

>tfw make a server
hmm
>no cash shop
hmm
>max char slots
okay
>normal rates
eurg
>classic
double eurg
>some tweaks here and there