What have i gotten myself into?

What have i gotten myself into?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hoSqDtky0pU
youtube.com/watch?v=KIVsIEt4u5g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

comfiest game ever

Hope you got the original and not that EE shitfest.

Fuck.
Whats wrong with EE?

What's wrong with EE?

he is shitposting. EE is much better

Nothing, just neckbeards being elitist fucks.

A game with awful writing

one of the new dlc's wrote in a tranny character which pissed ppl off, other than that nothing is wrong with it, it's the best way to play the game outside of spending a day modding the old one

t. fedorawearing obsidiot

But isnt this supposed to be THE crpg?

A really standard RPG that feels like it exists to test their shiny new engine more than anything else. Worst IE game but that's to be expected I guess.

Yea, because we couldnt change gender in original one, right?

It was standalone "game" though.

The Beamdog forum is two blocks down, you retarded shills.

Fucking idiots, EE shits up the difficulty with it's idiotic inclusion of new overpowered items, classes and kits, it's a fucking cakewalk even on highest difficulty. No wonder brainlets like you wat that shit up.

it is, or rather the second game is, either way he's retarded

game was always a cakewalk

spider's bane and web are the easiest cheese in an rpg

new people getting into BG today could use the help desu, that game is pretty obtuse, but rewarding.

>that game is pretty obtuse
If you're illiterate and/or retarded.

Nobody should be playing CRPGs for their difficulty. You're the fucking brainlet here.

EE adds some bugs and makes the game a bit too easy, other than that it's okay even though it's just an overpriced modpack.

It is written like a young adult novel. Especially in the available dialogues for you characters. Sometimes you will sound like an angsty 12 years old girl, no matter what you choose. This is not a coincidence, most of the writers at BioWare are rejects from the literary world that used to write fanfic tier genre shit.
Obsidian is sometimes even worse. I looked up some of the writers from Tyranny I found that three of them used to write erotic novels (the kind with werewolves and vampires).
Those games are written by absolute bottom tier writers. Go read some good books.

It removed unlimited summons though.

I read enough for not comparing books and games.
Also this character is one of joke encounters, nice cherrypicking.

or impatient which a lot of ppl today are with games.. attention spans are shorter, just because you can handle the witcher 3 doesn't mean BG will come to you easily. and the more people who get into BG the better, even if the gateway is a very slightly easier version of the game

Those OCs aren't okay. The fact that they interrupt you is definitely not okay.

>impatient
>short attention span
I hope you're including yourself here.

This. If you want quality writing go play Witcher 3.

Comfiest adventure ever.
Look up what stats do. Minmaxing recommended.
Save often.
Have a healer (cleric) in your group.
Use a thief/ranger to scout.
Ranged weapons are strong, and keep your weak thief and wizard out of harm.
Get magical weapons quick, normal melee weapons can break.
Potions, scrolls and wands will save you, use them, don't save them forever and ever.

Start with a melee class. It's simplest. Fighter (Berserker), Ranger, Paladin (any subclass) or Barbarian. Multi-classes; Fighter/Thief or Fighter/Cleric, are strong, but level slowly.

Poor prose is poor prose, it does not really matter the medium it is presented in. If you like the game for its combat, exploration or something else, that's fine, but you simply can't say it is well written.
When the game is not throwing sterile expository dialogue (usually plagued with a purple tint), it tries to build a "character" with this half-assed teenage wit.
>I'd like to see you stop it. Seriously. I haven't seen a good fight in a ages.
This is exactly the kind of dialogue you would expect from a YA fantasy novel, the game isn't even trying to be something other than this.

it kills me that it's taken 40 years of video game history to realize that hiring writers is a good idea. maybe letting ted the lead play tester write the whole script in a bad idea

this dialogue was written by Beamdog writers which only made EE you fucking idiot, everyone knows it's shit

I dedicated months of my life to this series. Black Isle/Bioware were masters in making a multi game spanning adventure.

the game was already easy as piss and people modded in the classes and kits long before EE just to make the transition from 1 to 2 more seamless

Witcher 3 is normalfag trash. The kind of shit that appeals to the game of thrones demo.

Baldurs Gate was written by a bunch of neckbeard D&D nerds before vidya became totally mainstream.

>masters in making a multi game spanning adventure
The continuity between BG1 and BG2 was shit though. That's clear from the very beginning of 2.

Lots of death. Mainly yours.

When I tried EE they had switched to a new engine and I got like 3 completely gamebreaking bugs thats prevented me from progressing. I had to spawn items manually with the console. You can check the steam betas to revert to pre-2.0 though.

Play the original with Baldur's Gate Trilogy mod to convert it to the BG2 engine. Summons then use the BG2 limit of 5

Is Baldur's Gate 2 better than Baldur's Gate 1? I played through 1 and really loved it up until hour 30 or so where I felt like it was a slog to finish out the game.

Oddly, I loved Pillars of Eternity (maybe because it was my first cRPG).

Pic is legitimately cringe-inducing.

Yeah everyone loves BG2 for some reason

It's much more streamlined. They cut out the wandering through potentially empty areas for the sake of exploration and made every zone important to some plot point or other. Combat is more complex because your characters are less squishy and have way more tools at their disposal. It's basically your standard rpg broken into two. If it were one continuous game, it would seem more natural, going from a weak 1st level pussy to an ascending god.

Game is boring until you get a few levels under your belt and can do more shit. Make sure everyone has ranged weapons and your mage(s) have sleep memorized. If you get EE just ignore the new characters.

I enjoyed it for the setting and quite a few of the questlines. Problem is the combat becomes tedious and boring as fuck.

>neckbeards being elitist fucks
Where do you think you are?

EE is fine. Ignore the mouthbreathing retrds who say otherwise

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

There's three new party members. If you want my advise, avoid them at all cost. For extra fun, murder them. You'll probably recognize them by their pictures, they look more modern.

Yeah for an experienced player. A new player won't know how to abuse those, or how to kill Drizzt.

I thought BG2 + expansion was amazing back when I played it many years ago. The starting dungeon is absolute dogshit however. Just try to get through and then forget about it.

There's mods to either remove it completely, or that make it a completely different experience. I usually use the Improved Ilyich mod for it.

It doesn't do anything of the sort though.

What kinda UI you want?

>male elf
>human portrait

Play Pillars instead

He's a trans elf. Another great addition to Baldur's Gate.

Holy shit combat is confusing.
Is there at least an auto attack option?

>Never played BG

Oh my Bhaal

I also never played a crpg before. Thought this would be a good one to start with

But there is only autoattack?

The EE version has different cut scenes which aren't as good. Watch them on youtube after you encounter them in game. Watch the original intro one here to gain the correct sense of apprehension about the big bad guy:
youtube.com/watch?v=hoSqDtky0pU

Full cut scene comparison between EE & original, contains spoilers, don't watch unless you've played:
youtube.com/watch?v=KIVsIEt4u5g

You’re shitting me.

>Thought this would be a good one to start with
It is

EE 1.3 was good, but after their shitty dragonspear addon they changed to your picrelated shitty ui.

BG2 has better quests and party interaction.
BG1 has better wilderness open wprld exploration. I prefer the BG1 main quest narrative too.

W-where?

>tfw remembering which buildings have good loot
Raid the Merchant League watch out for the ogre mages inside

How do you breathe?

fun video games
really hard to get any immersion, or challenge from them without modding to hell though. You're supposed to be OP, you're supposed to cheese, you're supposed to abuse broken things, etc. Beating the game was the goal back then - nowadays things are different, we want balance, etc. It's quite bitter sweet that I can never enjoy them again after playing modern crpgs. The game breaks under you if you have any idea what you're doing, so you're just going through the story one more time

>extra content is bad
This seems like..
>vanilla is challenging
Yep there's the bait.

>extra content is bad
better ad Saerileth to BG2, more content is good no matter the quality, am i right you retarded fucknugget?

>this content I am not interested in experiencing is ruining the game for me with no possible way of avoiding it
>also I can't stand cyberbullies, they ruin my life and there's nothing I can do to stop them

>Witcher 3
>anything other than shit writing

Literally the worst "story" I've ever seen in a videogame.

BG2 had a trans-sorcerer! What was "her" preferred name again... Edwina?

>>extra content is bad
>Yep there's the bait.
lol