Do you think more villains should be added to Smash 5’s roster? Some villain sword users would be pretty cool

Do you think more villains should be added to Smash 5’s roster? Some villain sword users would be pretty cool.

Attached: C66A7BA2-8AE8-4C63-9167-AE33BF0B0B99.png (900x450, 602K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/07/26/wii-us-super-smash-bros-wont-have-story-mode-for-the-worst-reason-ever/#28aa1f942cba
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They should do dark marth. That'd be cool

Yes, but Sakurai wont allow it.

>5 Games into the Smash series
>They still haven't added any other Metroid Characters
Also
>No Castlevania characters

Coyle would be cool, but her gimmick of being able to fly around might screw over the mechanics of the game.
Krool has to be in, he's an iconic DKC character and DKC is generally lacking in reps in general.

Attached: arms-nintendo-1068262.jpg (655x360, 178K)

If they’re gonna do an over abundance of sword fighters, the least they could do is have a few that aren’t good guys.

Attached: 0A44C61A-5582-4A3C-A71B-327480FD04E0.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Wouldn't be surprised if we got a prime representative finally since Prime 4 is coming out.

I'd rather have an evil ARMS rep. Or at least octoling variant skins.

>Or at least octoling variant skins.
The Inkling will likely have Splatoon 2 cover Inking variants and at least one Octoling because of the Octo Expansion and the "Year of the Octoling" thing from the Direct.

yes

Attached: Fawful.png (180x228, 46K)

Don’t think they’d do Octolings after announcing Inklings.

If they do some kind of story mode, yes.
If not, I don't care anymore.

Too bad Sakurai won't allow that

w-what about him?

Attached: Dimentio.png (200x227, 34K)

Wasn’t Smash 4 supposed to have a story mode but Sakurai scrapped it because people would just watch the cutscenes on YouTube?

Smash 5 needs Ridley.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we got Pig Ganon or something as a fifth Zelda rep.

I really want them to revive F-Zero so that we could finally have Black Shadow, or at least Goroh or Blood Falcon.

Also, don't forget Hades from Kid Icarus too.

>sword users
No thanks.

>Dedede
>Villain

Retarded reasoning but at the same time, I appreciate how exciting every character reveal was thanks to it.

Attached: dark matter.png (557x494, 112K)

Hmmm, yes, a villain would be nice...

Attached: IMG_0869.jpg (556x1024, 128K)

Having more villain characters seem fair.
Fuck off Ridleyfag.

>King Boo
>Ridley
>K rool
>Wolf
>Ganon
>Tom Nook

All this guys should already be in smash. Theres absolutely no excuse that they havent been added already

Attached: 1519866989416.gif (606x462, 3.59M)

>ridley
he's just too big user

Attached: 1518791545339.png (492x534, 230K)

Villains are lame sauce and weak shit, so no.

Attached: 561F2750-93AE-44AC-A9E1-DF2CEB0040A1.png (1340x2000, 2.17M)

>Never ever

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Your opinion is bad.

>tom nook
>villain

>made to be a loser
OK, champ.

Yes. We already got Bowser, Bowser Jr, Dedede (sort of), Meta Knight (sort of) and Wario (sort of) sooooo
Revamp Ganondorf
Bring back Wolf
Add K Rool, Sylux, Hades, Vaati
That would be a pretty good villain roster

Sakurai's working on it so it's confirmed to have even less villains than last time if such a thing were possible.

And don;t say Robin that doesn't count

I honestly don't know why he wasn't in sm4sh. Same with K rool

DJ Octavio should absolutely be in the game. Splatoon can have two reps.

That’s the most superficial reason for not wanting evil characters in Smash. Jesus Christ, dude.

>WHY DO THEY PICK MAIN (MAIN) CHARACTERS OVER MY VILLUNS
Almost as bad as the retards who want their waifubait to represent a series before the main character.

That's not my reasoning for not wanting them in smash, that's my reason for calling them lame sauce. Hades is like the sole exception.

Dude, we'd be unlucky to even get Rex, considering Xenoblade 2 came out in December of 2017 and Smash has been in the works since at least 2016. Jin and Malos would be pushing it, especially since they aren't as memorable as Zanza, Egil, or especially Metal Face.

Attached: 1441603851738.jpg (469x324, 22K)

>Irrelevant characters
>hurr durr why they not in
>I made a moveset and everything for them!!
kys

>Let's you take out a loan when you have no credit
>No interest
>Let's you take all the time you need to pay him back
>Even offers you a job to help pay

I don't know why Tom get's such a bad rap

Attached: 1518591933474.jpg (262x291, 13K)

That pedo from L.A. Noire, Satan from DOOM, etc.

You can still be an interesting memorable character even if you lose in the story.

Absolutely.

Attached: photo_2017-08-13_10-08-21.jpg (1119x681, 75K)

Yes

Attached: K. Drool.png (384x342, 223K)

>K Rool
>Ridley
>King Boo
No

>Ganon
Ganondorf is already in, with Ganon as his final Smash. Though him turning into ALttP Ganon for his final Smash instead of beast Ganon would be cool. Imagine getting to fly around and throw OHKO tridents at people for your final smash.

Attached: 1432264233339.gif (250x289, 2.9M)

You obviously don’t know what being a main character means.

Too bad for like 90 percent of bad guys, that doesn't happen.

Didn’t mean to reply to that last post.
Same could said for 90% of heroes in games.

I just hate how almost every rep in Smash has to be the main playable even in games known for the supporting cast.

That's because the main character is the best representative of the game. Of course you're not going to get Reyn over Shulk, or Soda Popinski over Little Mac.

Bandana Dee and K. Rool NEVER EVER

I hate to sound like a K. Rool faggot, but K. Rool would work well as a villain while adding much needed DKC reps. On the same note, Tanabe seems to think there's something behind Sylux, so there's a slim chance for him to be in. While we're on the topic, for a newcomer third party series, we can have Simon Belmont and Dracula. Invite Eggman, too.

K. Rool is getting in this time.
...IT MUST HAPPEN!

Attached: image.gif (390x293, 2.9M)

I wish user. I wish.

One can dream.

Attached: skullkid.jpg (1366x768, 29K)

It'll never happen. Thankfully.

So you think...but just wait and see
...It's Gonna Happen!

Attached: image.jpg (499x403, 42K)

I miss those skits with Reggie and Bill.

>a donkey kong reference in a city named after donkey kong
WOAH, KROOL FUCKING CONFIRMED OHMYGAWD

He was also a Mii costume in the last Smash Bros game
(Just like the Inklings...and oh, look! they are confirmed for 5)

So lik it or not...he's gonna happen!

Attached: image.jpg (260x260, 19K)

personally I hope Reckless saftey notice man gets put in

Just because he got a costume in smash 4 doesn't automatically mean he'll be in this one, plus Sakurai is against adding more villains so that makes it more unlikely that he'll be added

NO MORE FUCKING SWORD USERS

IT'S SUPER SMASH BROS NOT SUPER SLASH BROS

Can someone explain why there are so many people who fly into rages when people want K. Rool in Smash?

>Sakurai is against adding more villains
sauce?

Yeah...it's the first I'm hearing of it too?

Im pretty sure it's something I don't think he's ever said! Suspicious!

It's not so much said as it is implied by there never being many villains added compared to the amount of heroes added in every new smash game

The fact that with 55 or so characters in total across the four games we've only had 4 actual villains (Bowser, Bowser Jr, Ganondof, and Wolf). King Dedede and Meta Knight are friendly rivals, Mewtwo is misunderstood, Greninja is only a Dark-Type, and Wario is just an asshole.

More villains, weapons literally don't matter I don't know why antisword fags are so obsessed. None of the sword wielders barring the ones designed to be clones play anything alike.

But Krool and Kremlings are owned by Rare, which is owned by Microsoft now. That's why we havent seen either since the Wii.

I swear to god there's an interview where he said he always considered SMash a "heroic" affair so he's reluctant to put in villainous characters.

But since I don't have a source. Feel free to claim bullshit.

I bet that if Fire Emblem was really popular back in the Brawl days we would've gotten the Black Knight as an Ike Semi-Clone/Wolf type character due to the Tellius games being new at the time

Attached: blackknight.jpg (540x810, 174K)

Sakurai’s massive cock is one hell of a drug

Also, FE fans and DK fans are natural enemies since Smash 4 so FE fans want Sakurai to completely destroy DKC

I think more of a circumstance that only a few series in Smash have iconic, permanent villains with a fanbanse, who are as much a part of the main cast as the heroes are. Think of how many games end with just fighting a giant monster, or their villains die and are replaced in the sequel.

He's appeared in all Super Smash brothers trophy collections since Rare have been owned by Microsoft AND has been a playable character in Mario Super Sluggers for the Wii

Attached: KingKRool-MSS.png (216x284, 63K)

>Rare was bought out in the early gamecube years
>We've seen Kremlings after this

So...it's not true and you are just making up shit do you can deny a good character choice.
Ok...there we have it!
No, they don't, Nintendo owns them...hence why kremlings were in smash run on the 3DS

Attached: image.gif (400x527, 1.34M)

Doesn't have to be a villain that's been in everything, one that everyone remembers works fine as well. Also most of the franchises in Smash have perfectly fine usable villains.

K. Rool
Sylux
Kamek
Marx
Heavily-Armed Porky
Black Knight
Medusa
Captain Syrup

Why do you faggots keep repeating this lie over and over again? Nintendo owns everything Rare created that has to do with Donkey Kong minus Banjo and Conker and K. Rool and the Kremlings have been in many games after Rare went to Microsoft, hell there's Kritters in Smash Run.

I wonder if they’ll do anything with the fact they trademarked his name three years ago. Or maybe they’ll just use it for his mii costume.

you what would make smash seem more heroic?
some villains to fight

>No Castlevania characters

Attached: DELETE THIS.jpg (599x432, 69K)

Wolf isn't a villain though.

>Remove custom moves
>GIve some clones their previosuly custom moves as standard ones
>No full clones anymore
>Ganondorf now used his sword

Roster improved by 200%, youre welcome

>Bowser
>Ganondorf
>K Rool
>Ridley (Even moreso with Samus Returns)
>One of the tonnes of guys from F Zero
>Porky
>Everyone who isn;t little Mac or Doc in Punch Out
>Star Fox already has Wolf (Inb5 antiheroes)
>Dr Eggman
>Hades, Phyrron, maybe Viridi
>Mewtwo

Mincing words, he didn't say that.

King K. rool and The Dark knight (from FE: radiant saga)

>Wolf isn't a villain
Explain.

forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/07/26/wii-us-super-smash-bros-wont-have-story-mode-for-the-worst-reason-ever/#28aa1f942cba

Do you consider pokemon rivals villains?

Wolf is literally working for Andross, the main villain.
Have you never played a Star Fox game outside of Assault?

>forbes blogshit
>a.k.a. Nintendoomed the website

At least use better sites. Sourcegaming has one.

he's fox's Yandere boyfriend of course

Attached: just_what_i_need_to_see__star_wolf_by_yellowhellion-dazy9ql.jpg (321x350, 21K)

Yes and? Is Jeanne a villain? Is Prince Volkar a villain?

He was an antihero in both Starfox Assault and Starfox Command. In both games he was playable.

Whoops meant Vorken. Just because the character opposes the hero doesn't mean he is thr villain. Antagonist sure but not a villain.

There are definitely some choices for iconic villains in these lists, but not everyone needs a villain just because its series is in Smash. How many of those characters would you have chosen regardless of whether they were a villain? Are you picking characters because they are villains or are you picking memorable characters who are also villains?

Do note, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here. I'm not really against seeing those characters, but I would find some of them pretty unexpected.

If Crash Bandicoot were to be added to the game, a new adventure mode with Dr. Eggman, Dr. Wily, and Dr. Neo Cortex working together would be mind blowing.

So was Char in Gundam but they still called it Char's Counterattack for a reason

Jeanne was being more or less mind controlled and Vorkken was a villain who turned good.

If Smash ever decided to do a sort of reboot with less characters, how do you guys think they would need to handle it to prevent an angry MvCI situation?

Attached: 1520807768153.png (795x589, 678K)

>reboot
>less characters
Avoid these two things

I'll never understand not just sizing Ridley to Bowser size, making sure his design cues are there, giving him a proper moveset, and calling it a day. It'd make people happy except those who don't want others happy. Sylux would be retarded because he's not important at all. If Ridley is never ever give me a Metroid or one of the Metroid evolutions.