DMC

Josiah Ramirez
Josiah Ramirez

Wich one are you playing right now anons? Ng and bayofags go make your own threads

Attached: boy.jpg (240 KB, 1920x1080)

All urls found in this thread:

supforums.com/thread/409820704/video-games
twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/973739223969816577
youtube.com/watch?v=_1GnqgRU3vI
youtube.com/watch?v=0Sj45tXt5ZU
youtu.be/vF8rdHz2wZw
youtube.com/watch?v=AC4EY2Oe4nI
twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/973794999652495361
youtube.com/watch?v=fRgEt1-J9Yc
youtube.com/watch?v=cGP9SRL4oRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=n5FrWcrc-XU

Caleb Thomas
Caleb Thomas

Almost finished the first one. I'm unsure if I should give 2 ago before I move onto 3. I played and finished 2 when it came out. I remember being really disappointed. Want to see if I remember it being as bad as it was.

Attached: 20180314232505-1.jpg (566 KB, 3840x2160)

Carson Sanchez
Carson Sanchez

Attached: 631510-20180314051054-1.png (1.6 MB, 1920x1080)

Isaac Watson
Isaac Watson

Where is /cgg/

John Cruz
John Cruz

The game doesn't look that bad for a 17 year old game but damn the textures. Some textures look decent and others look like they were stretched from a ps1 game

William Hill
William Hill

Pirated PC HD collection because fuck Capcom. Already played DMC3 on 2007 port (with style switcher duh)
Gonna try out dmc1

Jeremiah Garcia
Jeremiah Garcia

Just finished mission 13 of dmc1
tfw going through the game faster but also getting consistently worse rankings
How does this even happen? I used to get straight As and Bs back in the PS2 but now it's mostly Cs

Attached: 1521070927210.jpg (20 KB, 206x329)

Nathan Thompson
Nathan Thompson

Marionettes were the best trash mob prove me wrong.

Leo Sanchez
Leo Sanchez

I'm really feeling like playing DMC1 or 3 but sadly I don't have my PS2/3 with me, so neither.

Owen Kelly
Owen Kelly

how it is compared to ps3 remastered?

James Lee
James Lee

I didn't fall for the lazy ports scam, but last time I was playing DMC1.

Stuck at Nelo 3 at the moment.
Dante fails to dodge or jump when I press the buttons, the camera switches angles, and he fucking kills me.
Actually I already beat him, but with a shit rank which is unnaceptable

Joseph Bell
Joseph Bell

Shadows were undeniably the best enemy.

Angel Thomas
Angel Thomas

Ng and bayofags go make your own threads

Following up one of the most confy threads in recent time with autistic sperging

I'm outta here

Charles Diaz
Charles Diaz

I'm feeling this with DMC3 just started it again and I can only seem to get B rank on the first 2 missions I used to just get SSS or SS or S even an A here or there but a B ? something has changed

Jordan Cox
Jordan Cox

Paradiso

Austin Kelly
Austin Kelly

supforums.com/thread/409820704/video-games
not him but as I said in supforums.com/thread/409820704/video-games , I feel like Devil Trigger is an ancient mechanic at this point and it doesnt even need to be in the games anymore. They could easily substitute devil trigger with a more general devil magic system that has moves like quicksilver and doppelganger inside the system

Joshua Jones
Joshua Jones

Kamiya is trying to get Capcom to let him remake DMC1.

twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/973739223969816577

Attached: Dante-Viewtiful.jpg (69 KB, 333x673)

Aiden Wood
Aiden Wood

Same shit.

Attached: 20180315004423-1.jpg (449 KB, 3840x2160)

Henry Morales
Henry Morales

Bianco angelos are still my favorite, marionettes don't have tells for their blocks wich infuriates me to no end

Attached: 1519438671452.gif (443 KB, 506x516)

Carson Gonzalez
Carson Gonzalez

Basically the same.
Supposedly some shading effects are missing and some sound is buggy. How bad it really is, I don't know

Asher Edwards
Asher Edwards

I meant between the different starting enemies. Marionettes, whatever they had in DMC2, Prides, and Scarecrows. Marionettes were the best of those.

Ian Adams
Ian Adams

Dante fails to dodge or jump when I press the buttons
Damn, are you having problems with the emulation or something? I don't recall the PS3 port giving me problems at least.
But yeah, the angle switches are dangerous. What difficulty?

Alexander Allen
Alexander Allen

That was in the original remaster though. Capcom is lazy as fuck.

Jack Ward
Jack Ward

There I just made the perfect Dante outfit.

Attached: 1500162413476.png (385 KB, 639x1261)

Julian Evans
Julian Evans

I honestly think DT should be left in but I do like that Vergil had EX moves that used Runes and that would be cool to have on Dante (Though of course more fleshed out)

Josiah Nguyen
Josiah Nguyen

Then yep, no doubt.
Although each Sin in DMC3 having its own gimmick had some charm, you just can't beat the Marionettes.
*shotgun twirling offscreen*

Cameron Jenkins
Cameron Jenkins

why don't the DMC3 cutscenes have AA?

Ethan Thompson
Ethan Thompson

I would love a DMC1 remake of the same quality as the REmake.

Nathaniel Lopez
Nathaniel Lopez

What? Devil trigger is great, not only does it add distortion mechanics to the game but it's also a great opportunity to modify the properties and strings of regular combos and attacks. Besides looking cool, of course.

William Edwards
William Edwards

This is great.

Landon James
Landon James

I wish they'd let all the damage just stick to the outfit. Kinda like the Arkham games where near the end of the game your outfit is pretty trashed compared to when you started the game.

Hunter Davis
Hunter Davis

Because Capcom is fucking lazy when they made the 360/PS3 collection which they literally ported exactly to current gen.

Luis Garcia
Luis Garcia

Very Hard, I think

Kayden Hernandez
Kayden Hernandez

Just putting it out there that some effects were restored from the PS2 version, mainly everything for Hell in DMC1

Attached: 20180314153723-1.jpg (187 KB, 1920x1080)

Joseph Ross
Joseph Ross

I wouldn't really want this
I don't dislike platniums games I actually enjoy them but Kamiya's sense of style and his love for over the top set pieces and contextual attacks irc me a bit

Jose Nguyen
Jose Nguyen

Getting hit is non canon

Cooper Gonzalez
Cooper Gonzalez

The idea of magic fuckery with the sigils sounds very interesting. I like that.

Luis Davis
Luis Davis

upper half of DMC4 dante is almost as faggy as the lower half

if you want an objectively good Dante design take his DMC3 coat and put the DMC1 suit underneath it

Alternatively have old man dante in DMCV with a more heavy looking van helsing getup. Maybe a more duster looking raincoat instead of the leather coats

Christian Morgan
Christian Morgan

Just finished the last Nightmare fight in 1, took me like 10 tries. I never finished the game the first time I tried to play it but I'm glad I gave it another go because I'm having a lot more fun with it that I was then.

Ryan Hill
Ryan Hill

ancient mechanic
The point of DT is to have a short time where you can deal more damage and soak up more. Also DT explosion is awesome

Jaxon Watson
Jaxon Watson

DMC HD Collection on modern gen still uses fucking 4:3 menus, has tons of audio inconsistencies/glitches

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary may not even have a training mode, doesn't include 3rd Strike Online/other improved ports of games

Why is Capcom so fucking shit at porting?

Attached: 1495890362300.jpg (47 KB, 1024x607)

Lucas Howard
Lucas Howard

Incorrect. This port is from the 360 version, which never had this issue. All of the issues in the 360 version, which is different from the PS3 version, remain and unfixed.

Landon Richardson
Landon Richardson

Looking cool is the most important part, but I feel like all the DT designs are lame except for Sparda, DMC2 Majin form, and the rad as all fuck Dreadnaught form from Royal Guard.

Attached: Royalguard-Dreadnaught-Form.png (147 KB, 340x549)

Ethan Bennett
Ethan Bennett

In cutscenes. Like the Arkham games.

Juan Morris
Juan Morris

DMC3 did that.

Carter Sullivan
Carter Sullivan

Oh, I see. I only played on PS2 and PS3. My apologies user. Incidentally, this whole room screams cut content in retrospect.

Attached: 20180314163600-1.jpg (533 KB, 1920x1080)

Aiden Torres
Aiden Torres

pretty much this although the DMC1 devil triggers during the moves like vortex looked good and vergils DT in 4 looks great

Eli Nelson
Eli Nelson

It took me untill nelo 2 untill i had completely regained my old skill.
Currently just before nightmare 2.

Dominic Wright
Dominic Wright

Huh, I must be misremembering, I thought DMC1 jumped straight from Hard to DMD.
The part that annoyed me the most about Nelo 3 is the sequence before you get to him rather than the actual fight since I'd eventually fuck up, have to restart, and trudge through that again. Damn Nobodies and their bullshit kick.

Grayson Campbell
Grayson Campbell

Only on the sleeve if I remember correctly? Could be wrong since it's been a while.

Hunter Phillips
Hunter Phillips

Man why was DMC1 the only one that let you keep your guns in your hand when you walked around? This series should get back in touch with some of it's Resident Evil roots.

Charles Powell
Charles Powell

I wish that was his DT in 4, his actual one just looks dumb. Why isn't there a mod for that at this point?

Anthony Bell
Anthony Bell

DMC3 Dante's coat wouldn't really fit with the DMC1 getup. The coat has a certain rocker element to it that wouldn't mix well.

Ryder Young
Ryder Young

Guns were actually useful in DMC1 instead of just filler for combos.

Grayson Morales
Grayson Morales

FYI you use that statue to recharge the soul used to open the door to the sewers if you happen to let the timer on it run out.

Attached: Guiding-of-the-Soul.jpg (700 KB, 724x1023)

Cooper Hughes
Cooper Hughes

Why is DMC modding dead in general?

Jason Wilson
Jason Wilson

Fuck off

Isaiah Green
Isaiah Green

Gunslinger and Artemis

Alexander Wright
Alexander Wright

Stop making me sad.

Brandon Mitchell
Brandon Mitchell

Vergil had EX moves that used Runes
I don't remember that. You mean moves that spent extra DT? Or the SSwords formations?

James Morris
James Morris

he didn't use Spiral, the greatest gun in the series

Christopher Price
Christopher Price

There's a full forum for DMC modding (forgot the name tho)

Hunter Fisher
Hunter Fisher

They were pretty strong in 3 too, even without upgrades

Brayden Mitchell
Brayden Mitchell

Devil Trigger in its current form is nothing but a crutch, it adds very little serious utility beyond being a burst damage tool. If anything Devil Trigger has gotten much less complex after DMC1 while they elaborated on everything else

Definitely true, its actually both satisfying and useful to keep shooting in DMC1 for multiple reasons compared to 3/4 without it overpowering the gameplay like in 2

Jacob Hall
Jacob Hall

The real point of DT is to kill a bunch of enemies fast before they can DT themselves.

Nicholas Stewart
Nicholas Stewart

SSsword formations and a few other moves that used DT
He also had moves with SSswords that weren't formations like Sword Rain which pinned

Christian Brooks
Christian Brooks

What effects were missing?

Lucas Anderson
Lucas Anderson

They only one people mention to my knowledge was a blur effect on Dante shooting mid jump

Isaac Collins
Isaac Collins

Yeah no shit, it's also fun because it changes certain properties, your opinion is shit

Jacob Gomez
Jacob Gomez

less complex
DT distortion in 4 (though the way they implemented it is garbage)

Cooper Lopez
Cooper Lopez

They were broken, look at the Grenadegun. The shotgun was so good, though.

Tyler Lee
Tyler Lee

Black shirt is an improvement, and the jacket is more down to earth as opposed to the rocker jacket in 3.

I would replace the belts from his torso, but those are probably there to keep his jacket from moving all over the place, which in hindsight is a believable and smart design choice.

Kevin Johnson
Kevin Johnson

Both this and the white platform in the Coliseum that recharges DT I've only found about about today and I went through the game on DMD last year. Cheers user. Still doesn't explain why the throne room can't be accessed at daytime

Attached: 20180314143932-1.jpg (357 KB, 1920x1080)

Julian Sullivan
Julian Sullivan

What can you even mod outside of skins, anyway? It's all I've seen.

Hunter Hernandez
Hunter Hernandez

Sniper rifle
the magazine protrudes from the too, making it impossible to aim
Who designed this monstrosity?

Nicholas Williams
Nicholas Williams

It's free money

Jace Jenkins
Jace Jenkins

why the fuck are the recommended specs so high for upscaled ps2 games

Attached: junn-serizawa.gif (1.78 MB, 400x225)

Benjamin Gomez
Benjamin Gomez

tfw only ever used the DT in DMC3 DMD when I wanted to regent some health
Something tells me I played the game wrong.

Thomas Peterson
Thomas Peterson

Spiral is an Anti Tank Gun not a sniper

Andrew Clark
Andrew Clark

Animation changing is possible but so fucking hard it's not worth it.
Also most amazing thing still is the DMC3 mod for RE4:HD (modder extracted assets from DMC3 and implemented them inside RE4 including some weapon changes and godly bottle caps). Sadly though the download got taken down

Oliver Miller
Oliver Miller

In DMC3 you mostly use it for DTsplosion to deal tons of damage

Nicholas Ortiz
Nicholas Ortiz

and the white platform in the Coliseum that recharges DT
Wait, what?

Hudson Ward
Hudson Ward

How long until DMC1 HD Project that also fixes all the shit in this port?

Attached: c5fb545d7b0e9cf66fad5b317cd977a2.jpg (156 KB, 1170x597)

Lucas Fisher
Lucas Fisher

Because Capcom sucks at everything

Liam Peterson
Liam Peterson

tfw a 4k ingame cutscene switches to a prerendered 90p cutscene

Attached: 1516809285851.jpg (6 KB, 225x250)

Christopher Carter
Christopher Carter

Anti Tank Gun not a sniper
But almost every ballistic anti-materiel gun is a sniper rifle, user. Plus look at the thing.
And even if it wasn't, you still need to aim the thing, specially when it's lacking such serious firepower.

David Flores
David Flores

Needs someone autistic and talented enough to care.

Jason Mitchell
Jason Mitchell

To reduce the number of crybabies on the forums and reviews.

Easton Hughes
Easton Hughes

In the room where you get either the lances or Nightmare Beta, there's a white platform you can stand on. I used to think it did nothing but activated DT on it by accident once and found out it refills.

Jacob Butler
Jacob Butler

fixes all the shit in this port?

so less than a minute of content? fucking retards always begging for the next tortanic

Robert Hall
Robert Hall

All the times I played the game, and I never knew that. Damn.

Andrew Wright
Andrew Wright

REMINDER

youtube.com/watch?v=0Sj45tXt5ZU

Attached: 1497319795281.jpg (17 KB, 457x396)

Gabriel Davis
Gabriel Davis

Honestly Dante fires the thing from the hip andway and we are talking about the guy who stacked 9 bullets on top of each other firing sideways and shot pool balls mid air which hit each other and bounced into multiple targets he doesnt really need a site.

And the Spiral is a modified Lahti L-39 which has the mag on the top

Jack White
Jack White

which has the mag on the top
I know, but for what purpose?
Does it use gravity to reload or something?

Cooper Jones
Cooper Jones

They werent just for show.

Brody Russell
Brody Russell

That made me think, what if, instead of the guns having a linear upgrade path had customizable parts that give them different characteristics? Maybe a barrel that gives more power, or one that gives less but with a higher fire rate, elemental shots, etc

William Brown
William Brown

Not a firearms expert so idk honestly the top mag seemed popular with Anti Tank Guns in WWII

In universe Dante makes dumb demon magic ammo already in the chamber (a hand wave fore why he has infinite ammo and why a .45 can kill a demon the size of a mansion)

Liam James
Liam James

I never really had problems with the camera in DMC1 until Mundus 2 Fuck those platforms

Kayden Cooper
Kayden Cooper

Honestly that could be pretty cool though you cant do much to E&I since they are iconic to his design

Wyatt Turner
Wyatt Turner

Not gonna lie, these are minor issues, but the change of orb picking and weapon switching SFX made me kinda mad.

Benjamin Parker
Benjamin Parker

all those AlastAlastors stabbed into different demons' heads in Dante's office in DMC1
Is he trapped in some sort of Groundhog Day or something?

Nolan Morales
Nolan Morales

That's why you can switch weapons.

Chase Morgan
Chase Morgan

Is the 'get the collection free on Twitch' thing still viable? Or was that just DMC1

Jason Young
Jason Young

Spiral user
My demon hunter of taste.

Mason Flores
Mason Flores

But it could give your guns more things to play with, like giving Spiral explosive rounds that deal splash damage, or bouncing bullets that ricochet with normal shots or even more when using ricochet, maybe getting a damage increase per ricochet. Or elemental bullets that take advantage of the enemies' elemental weakness and has had an effect when that weakness is exploited or something. They could make guns really interesting, although like said, E&I are too iconic to change.

Lincoln Kelly
Lincoln Kelly

Nothing is more top tier than Rebellion and Beowulf + E&I and Spiral.

Nathaniel Allen
Nathaniel Allen

tfw newfag to DMC and stuck on Mundus 2
Anyone got any tips?

Attached: 993.png (348 KB, 500x376)

Lucas Morris
Lucas Morris

Using guns in DT will do a fireball attack. When he summons the Dragon, spam the fireballs at it and it'll give you a full heal. Keep your shotgun handy when in non-DT to get rid of the needle shooters. Good luck user.

Colton Evans
Colton Evans

Power through it with the attack of the longest range.

It is a drag, but Mundus is not a well designed fight to begin with.

Nathan Thompson
Nathan Thompson

We all agree Joch1 is a legend right?

William Richardson
William Richardson

Hell yeah. Spiral is the most gun of all the guns, there's really no better option.
I'm more partial to Rebellion + Agni and Rudra, but that gun combination is the greatest around.

Luke Sullivan
Luke Sullivan

Nightmare Beta is your friend, big time.
It's the ultimate cheese.

Matthew Wilson
Matthew Wilson

I use that setup for Vergil fights and switch Beowulf to Cerberus/A&R for demons and etc.

Attached: you'realright.jpg (45 KB, 460x464)

Colton Robinson
Colton Robinson

I figured that out kinda but sometimes it wont lock on to the dragon or switches instantly because the platforms are always moving

Attached: 1505280121257.gif (2.34 MB, 470x360)

Jackson Cox
Jackson Cox

So is the heat effect here supposed to look like shit?

Attached: 20180314205525-1.jpg (839 KB, 2560x1440)

Eli Mitchell
Eli Mitchell

tfw cancelling Spiral's reload with an Ebony and Ivory shot
This gun just keeps on giving. It keeps you giving style points too. It really was unintended.

Andrew Bell
Andrew Bell

Photorealistic textures applied to perfectly flat geometry

This always looks like shit god damn.

Carter Clark
Carter Clark

Attached: Alastor(s).png (682 KB, 1067x481)

Wyatt Wilson
Wyatt Wilson

Because for some retarded reason they're outsourcing some of these collections/remasters to incompetent devs instead of doing it inhouse.

Adrian Ward
Adrian Ward

Always found humor in this costume because of this.

Attached: Sengoku-Basara---Dante-Masamune.jpg (123 KB, 485x720)

Dylan Bell
Dylan Bell

he lost an eye
This isn't the devil hunter I know.

Ryan Butler
Ryan Butler

They actually did modify some areas and geometry to work better with higher res textures. They also got the source images by visiting the places the Capcom dev team did themselves. It's not perfect, some places are still simple geometry, but they didn't just slap textures on and call it a day. They're also fixing missing or broken effects in the PC HD port, and most of the main game and Ada content done besides second passes for consistency.

Carson Long
Carson Long

Vergils DT in 4 looks great
Vergi'ls DT in 4 is pure sex, holy shit. I never really liked how they looked in DMC3 and the official artworks, but fuck me if the 3D modelers didn't nail Vergil's Devil Trigger super fucking hard in 4.

Attached: Vergil-DT-DMC4SE.png (647 KB, 1208x618)

Brody Phillips
Brody Phillips

He's just balancing out all the red with some black. The man has a sense of aesthetics.

Mason King
Mason King

tfw kamiya blocked me saying DMC1 is almost as good as 3

Attached: 3.jpg (30 KB, 329x329)

Henry Ortiz
Henry Ortiz

Vergil is still really wide in DMC4 for some reason.

Brayden Gomez
Brayden Gomez

Fun fact: DT forms for both Dante and Vergils in DMC3 were done by Atlus

Jordan Watson
Jordan Watson

You don't even need to shoot in between, switching cancels the recovery already. The sheer amount of damage you can put out with it just by rapidly doing switch cancel shots is nuts. Between that and Ebony and Ivory it covers all the bases so well along with whatever devil arms you like.

Matthew Turner
Matthew Turner

What's the lore behind this? Are Devil Arms mass produced in hell factories?

Josiah Parker
Josiah Parker

I am playing the ps2 games again after how shitty the ps4 port is

Jack Wright
Jack Wright

Maybe he gets them from Rodin

Evan Sullivan
Evan Sullivan

They probably modeled him using Dante's body proportions.

Robert Wilson
Robert Wilson

Will dump.

Attached: DMC-concept03-Castle.jpg (179 KB, 900x650)

Owen Richardson
Owen Richardson

envoronment looks good
Leon himself looks like trash
Upgrade him first then the levels

Dominic Mitchell
Dominic Mitchell

It means that despite Alastor's love for drama and delusions of grandeur, he's just some literal who demon the likes of which Dante has handled thousands of times before.

Parker Watson
Parker Watson

Hell yeah.

Jacob Cooper
Jacob Cooper

Anyone else here that new "DEVIL MAY CRY" That Ruben says when you start a new game on 3 ?!

Hudson Fisher
Hudson Fisher

youtu.be/vF8rdHz2wZw

Attached: DMC-concept04-Castle-Main-Hall.jpg (128 KB, 900x650)

David Garcia
David Garcia

You say that but Alastor was meant to be Force Edge, as seen in many trials and promotional materials.

Aiden Johnson
Aiden Johnson

Someone needs to beat the game on DMD and Bloody Palace, see if there's any hint or message.

Dylan Richardson
Dylan Richardson

Are hack n slash games the ultimate brainlet games?

Attached: 1507938044219.png (88 KB, 553x278)

Eli Roberts
Eli Roberts

I love this setup. It feels really good.

Julian Foster
Julian Foster

Attached: DMC-concept05-Castle.png (1.14 MB, 967x680)

Colton Bell
Colton Bell

Yep, Force Edge was originally going to turn into Ifrit too, wasn't it?

Brandon Scott
Brandon Scott

youtube.com/watch?v=AC4EY2Oe4nI
make a launch day trailer
it's exactly the same as the announcement trailer
How can one company care so little?

Austin Myers
Austin Myers

Attached: DMC-concept06-Castle-Lounging-Marionettes.png (1.26 MB, 935x680)

Jayden Brooks
Jayden Brooks

Waiting for all the issues, minor or not, to get patched out since there's no early discount anyway. Also potentially some fan fixes to make it look more faithful to the original PS2 titles since the game did look a little off in some comparisons posted here. Just want it to be as faithful as possible before I commit to getting really invested in replaying them.

Oliver Lewis
Oliver Lewis

(you)

Oliver Scott
Oliver Scott

Swear I never noticed til now. Do I see a Red head chick in the picture with another picture on the side with a dude and his face scratched out?

Attached: DMC-concept07-Castle-Gallery-Hallway.png (860 KB, 636x900)

Ryan Cruz
Ryan Cruz

It does include Third Strike online, though.

Charles Perez
Charles Perez

I use that setup for Vergil fights
Based.
I was never big on Cerberus myself, but I certainly respect someone going all martial arts on the demons. Awesome taste.
I wish we'd get a spear Devil Arm.

Thomas Jackson
Thomas Jackson

play god of war 2

Kayden Johnson
Kayden Johnson

why continue to stretch the dmc3 pre-rendered cutscenes.

we all know the game is old. display them in 4:3 with letterboxing for all i care. i hate stretching.

Ryder Bell
Ryder Bell

Meant for

Attached: DMC-concept08-Castle-Baron's-Throne.jpg (138 KB, 700x950)

Isaiah Morgan
Isaiah Morgan

I expected to read God Hand.
You have no idea how disappointed I am with you.

Camden Stewart
Camden Stewart

Attached: DMC-concept09-Castle-Library.png (1.53 MB, 967x680)

Isaac Sanders
Isaac Sanders

god hand is discussed to death and I never see god of war threads on Sup Forums at all

Cameron Gray
Cameron Gray

You reminded me I still have to beat it.
Man, the music is great.

Ayden Davis
Ayden Davis

Also don't forget the shotgun found here in one of the breakable tables.

Attached: Shotgun-concept.jpg (161 KB, 756x571)

Christopher Hill
Christopher Hill

I never see god of war threads on Sup Forums at all
There are alot of them lately. But they're just soy shitposting threads.

Alexander Bell
Alexander Bell

They discuss new shitty reboot. Older games have so much polish and work put into them, I have no idea why nobody bring those games up period

Brandon Thompson
Brandon Thompson

That shotgun is too pretty to saw it off. That's a crime.

Juan Young
Juan Young

Play DMC2 for the first time in years
Still completely shocked at how they seemingly went out of their way to do NOTHING dmc1 did right while not fixing ANY of that games flaws.

What the fuck happened. It can't just be lazy sequel syndrome because that would've had way more rehashing of dmc1 stuff.

Sebastian Baker
Sebastian Baker

I only played Ghost of Sparta myself but I was surprised by how good it was. Nothing awe inspiring, but still pretty good and enjoyable.

Jackson Morris
Jackson Morris

this new release is legitimately trash, 40 dollars for an HD collection that doesn't fix ANY of the issues the last version had

Wyatt Green
Wyatt Green

Just be happy we can play all the games officially on PC.

Still waiting for my PC Port of Code Veronica.

Jaxon Rivera
Jaxon Rivera

I only stomached up to that his that is a big head stuck to a building, Capita something, before I called it quits. How far in was I?

Elijah Robinson
Elijah Robinson

Trish and Vergil are actually taller than Dante
Huh, I never noticed

Attached: grimace.jpg (306 KB, 1920x1080)

David Williams
David Williams

I just played that game for the first time like 3 days ago on original hardware and was blown away. Chains of olympus and ghost of sparta completely btfo 99% of other PSP games, how they could optimize that shit is just something I will never understand

Lucas Davis
Lucas Davis

his
Boss*
Hell.

Oliver Russell
Oliver Russell

I will be honest.

I never put any real effort into playing GoW, although I never felt invested enough to try. Kratos is just plain unlikeable and unreasonable.

Jackson Moore
Jackson Moore

A design that would be reused as the Shadow enemy.

Attached: Bio4(DMC)-Witch.png (417 KB, 697x603)

Brayden Watson
Brayden Watson

I still get surprised by how much he looks like Wesker here.

Blake Hughes
Blake Hughes

that's funny, I loved GoW games and felt the exact same way about DMC protag. I feel like they're both edgy in very different ways.

Bentley Watson
Bentley Watson

Attached: Bio4(DMC)-G-Crow.png (251 KB, 400x367)

Levi Moore
Levi Moore

That's why you play as McKratos, the cool one.

Hudson Evans
Hudson Evans

Attached: Bio4(DMC)-Undead-Dog.png (247 KB, 398x356)

Jackson Flores
Jackson Flores

McKratos
I thought you were memeing.
I loved stupid outfits in GoW1-2, businessman outfit in the first game that replaced his blades with suitcases cracked me up

Attached: McKratos1.jpg (32 KB, 480x272)

Hudson Scott
Hudson Scott

I, for one, am happy I get to play all DMC games on my PC.
DMC1 is pretty fun so far, even though I'm doing worse than I remember.

Attached: just-flock-me-up.jpg (336 KB, 1920x1080)

Brody Roberts
Brody Roberts

Yeah, I know. It's really solid for a PSP title. How does it rank with the rest of the games?

Julian Hernandez
Julian Hernandez

Attached: kamiya-on-dmc2.jpg (38 KB, 612x325)

Benjamin White
Benjamin White

They're all pretty solid. I didn't play PS3 titles, so I can't tell, really. I think PSP games even got ported to PS3 later on.

Nolan Myers
Nolan Myers

never forget

Attached: Devil-Never-Cry.png (265 KB, 600x357)

Eli Wilson
Eli Wilson

That's not the point, even fucking DmC has more of what people like about DMC than this game does. It's like it was made by people that not only didn't like the original or play it (just looked at the boxat or something) but actively hate the idea of it

Jose Murphy
Jose Murphy

Dante has a pretty kind heart. Kratos is vile.

Both are fun in different ways. Kratos was a fucking loon 90% of the time, though.

Jaxson James
Jaxson James

Yeah, it's good shit. I love how they have fun with stuff like this. It's a shame they scrapped that female Kratos costume they were going to do for GoS.

Nathan Young
Nathan Young

What did he mean by this?

Attached: 20180315024238-2.jpg (1.16 MB, 3840x2160)

Zachary Perry
Zachary Perry

Foolishness Dantlet, foolishness.
If you are not taller than 6'0, how do you expect to be able to protect others?

Attached: 531379-1283458775352-full.jpg?v=1283458816.jpg (13 KB, 589x327)

Grayson Powell
Grayson Powell

Attached: DMC-concept10-Castle.jpg (175 KB, 900x650)

Robert Nelson
Robert Nelson

That best girl will be his wife

Attached: Dante-loves-pizza.jpg (30 KB, 480x480)

Grayson Lee
Grayson Lee

I seriously love the amount of love and respect DMC3 has for DMC1 and how beautifully they lead into each other.
Devil Never Cry is still a dumb name, though, no wonder it didn't stick.

Isaac Long
Isaac Long

It's funny how new game makes him look like a cuck, because he is a complete chad in the other ones. Only cares about himself and his goals nothing else, fucks multiple bitches in every game, resurrects from the dead because some whore called him a coward etc. He is edgy/alpha/evil in a fun way imo.

There is a lot of thought put into making you feel like a powerful god who doesn't give a shit about anything. There is a fun short documentary on youtube about how they made first game and it really shows how much devs cared to create this special mood. Soundtrack, animation, voice acting, all designed for a specific purpose. inb4 you can say that shit about any game

Kayden King
Kayden King

Trish is taller
How?

Christian Smith
Christian Smith

Attached: DMC-concept11-Castle-Passage-of-Life2.png (1.2 MB, 1280x918)

Eli Gutierrez
Eli Gutierrez

I was kinda hoping the DMC reboot was secretly DMC 5 and that Donte was Dante's son and we were gonna get a son/father team up game.

And Dante is sporting an awesome white beard/moustache combo

Asher White
Asher White

He's gonna impregnate his moms lookalike

Aiden Stewart
Aiden Stewart

What the fuck happened.
Capcom hired some literal random who fuck to direct the sequel. Shit got so bad that 2/3 into the game's development Capcom kicked the random guy and put Itsuno in charge of trying to fix that trainwreck of a game as the new director.

It's actually insane when you think about it, the DMC2 we got was the fixed version of an even bigger atrocity.

Charles Mitchell
Charles Mitchell

GoW3 went full retard, though.

Jaxon Gutierrez
Jaxon Gutierrez

I don't know what the fuck is going on up above that altar. Looks rad though.

Attached: DMC-concept12-Castle-Cathedral2.png (764 KB, 481x679)

Sebastian Gutierrez
Sebastian Gutierrez

i just played the demo, how did they fuck it up?

Connor Peterson
Connor Peterson

With all the references to DMC in Bayo1 I feel like Kamiya sees them as the same universe.

Jason Robinson
Jason Robinson

Attached: DMC-concept13-Castle.png (805 KB, 485x679)

Daniel Scott
Daniel Scott

I THOUGHT IT WAS NEW VERGIL HAS ONE TOO . A FUCKING VOICE LINE SHOULD NOT GET ME THIS HYPED HOLY FUCK

Juan Nguyen
Juan Nguyen

Well for one thing it was clearly rushed (dev time a mere year) because Capcom was still thinking they could pump out quality 6th Gen games in the time it took to make games in previous gens.

The team definitely didn't grasp DMC fully which is understandable as DMC1 made its own genre. The fact Itsuno had to step in to complete the project demonstrates they lacked leadership.

Honestly DmC:DMC isn't a terrible game, it's just very half baked because for whatever reason Western Game devs never fully flesh out combat systems in their Hack and Slash games.

Owen Jackson
Owen Jackson

I think I see Griffon somewhere in that madness.

Luke Reyes
Luke Reyes

Kratos' autsitic rage destroyed the whole world.

Jason Kelly
Jason Kelly

He most certainly does in his mind.

twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/973794999652495361

Attached: Bayonetta-Art-book-Enzo&Dante-Poker.jpg (81 KB, 706x493)

Brody Sanders
Brody Sanders

I wouldn't be surprised if they avoided making it too complex on purpose so more casual people could get into it.

Benjamin Harris
Benjamin Harris

Attached: 20180315024932-2.jpg (918 KB, 3840x2160)

Anthony Lee
Anthony Lee

I don't personally see how that fucks the game up. By that point most of the gods were absolute shitlords anyway, everything was fucked no matter whether Kratos basically wrecks the planet or the corrupted Gods continued to rule.

Josiah Bailey
Josiah Bailey

Was Kratos autistic this whole time?

Brayden Gomez
Brayden Gomez

Being rushed doesn't explain everything though, like removing taunt and melee weapon swapping in real time but putting in a bunch of stuff that would take about as much time like completely changing how you do sword combos, introducing real time gun swapping, all the detail they put into the levels, ect ect

Michael Robinson
Michael Robinson

DMC4SE Lady holds the shotgun like it's a full stock
The model is just Dante's Coyote

I wish the devs had more passion for the guns in these games.

Attached: 7N09yzj.jpg (46 KB, 519x389)

Jaxson Edwards
Jaxson Edwards

Attached: DMC-concept14-Lord-Spencer's-Room.png (1.56 MB, 940x679)

Michael Hernandez
Michael Hernandez

Vergil
Taller than Dante
When they're identical monozygote twins
When their faces are literally the same fucking model

Jacob White
Jacob White

Dante and Bayo have the same mom no ? or something like that...something family related or like Trish is her sister...It's on a tombstone or something

Heard that shit I nutted

Hudson Miller
Hudson Miller

What makes this better than the PS3 version?

Easton Lewis
Easton Lewis

Amen to that. I understand they're mostly sidearms, but there's so much you could do with them.

Blake Scott
Blake Scott

Attached: 1519399260485.jpg (70 KB, 562x530)

Aaron Torres
Aaron Torres

In DMC1 and 3, helm breaker does more damage the higher up in the air you are before you land
In DMC 2/4 it does the same damage no matter what

why?

Jace Lopez
Jace Lopez

I can alt tab it to shitpost in this thread

Nathan Rodriguez
Nathan Rodriguez

It's based off the 360 version, which isn't quite as buggy. Still got some weirdness though. All things considered, these are otherwise relatively straight ports of the HD Collection that was on the PS3/360.

Hunter Ward
Hunter Ward

Attached: DMC-concept15-Castle.png (1.26 MB, 938x679)

Zachary Garcia
Zachary Garcia

the guns are very useful in every dmc game before 4, where they suddenly make them weak as shit for some reason outside of neros bananas max charge shot which can solo the whole game

Mason Williams
Mason Williams

Yeah, but Dante is a lazy man while based Vergil spent his days training to get more power. That much exercise makes you grow taller.

Samuel Smith
Samuel Smith

You can't say that about a series that has Ebony&Ivory in it

Jordan Gutierrez
Jordan Gutierrez

Attached: DMC-concept017-Torture-Room.png (1.19 MB, 939x680)

Andrew Anderson
Andrew Anderson

They're what started my love for long slides, after all.

Jose Morris
Jose Morris

helm breaker does more damage the higher up in the air you are before you land
You're not pulling my leg are you?

Attached: wwww.png (144 KB, 254x300)

Christian White
Christian White

Eva was an umbran witch and she married a demon in Bayonetta.

But the games aren't canonically in the same universes as much as Kamiya is just butthurt because DMC was taken from him, so he keeps referencing DMC1 in his own DMC-like game.

Cameron Martinez
Cameron Martinez

Who cares. What about Leon and his ugly ass Flubber arms.

Noah Taylor
Noah Taylor

100% not. in DMC1 jump -> wall jump -> helm breaker in the head is one of the key ways to beat phantom the first time, and DMC3 its a little less important but it's still worth doing

Adrian Gonzalez
Adrian Gonzalez

On the edge of buying it because HD collection is better than that horse shit port of DMC 1 from Twitch prime.

Attached: 1428515228758.png (312 KB, 620x930)

Cameron Williams
Cameron Williams

Can anyone tell me what the big deal was with that ''password'' in DMC1 that was referenced in the intro and outro

Parker Morgan
Parker Morgan

Reminder you can kill Phantom in his final fight without any attacks by just making him jump on the skylight's glass a few times.

Attached: DMC-concept17-Castle.png (1.53 MB, 937x681)

Julian Jackson
Julian Jackson

One day Capcom let's him officially merge the two

What would it be like?

Oliver Ortiz
Oliver Ortiz

My wife and I want to name my kid Anakin but the more and more I nostalgia for DMC, I really want Dante for my first born son.

Jackson Cox
Jackson Cox

Isn't the DMC1 port literally the port from the HD Collection though? You pretty much got the DMC1 portion early.

Michael Martinez
Michael Martinez

Sorry, we closed at 9pm.

Josiah Peterson
Josiah Peterson

Really? Sounds like somethings that kid in class would say

Gavin Richardson
Gavin Richardson

Kratos didn't need to doom humanity to kill the gods though, but he was so blind with unbridled rage that he simply didn't give a fuck about shit. It wasn't until the very end when everyone was dead, that he realized his fuck up, and to atone for it he kills himself.

Mason James
Mason James

man who trains non-stop and seeks power all of his life, jobs to a carefree guy who just did some push-ups five minutes before the fight
It feels like I'm reading a synopsis of DBZ, Naruto and basically every shonen ever.

Lincoln Hernandez
Lincoln Hernandez

completely true

Austin Morris
Austin Morris

Anakin
Dante
Please don't do that to your kid

Cooper Foster
Cooper Foster

I will never approve of genderbend Dante and Vergil.

Brody Price
Brody Price

Playing 3, almost beat the OG PC release but I lost that save and my Deadly Premonition save to a HDD death. Once I finish 3 I'll go for 1 again, been a long time since I played it and I never finished it.

Juan Turner
Juan Turner

Don't do it! The game will delete your files.

Connor Powell
Connor Powell

Anakin

Holy shit kill yourself and your wife before you ruin some poor kid's life.

Joshua Barnes
Joshua Barnes

He means online edition, you know the one with trials and friggin practice mode?

Jace Cruz
Jace Cruz

DMC1 still feels like an RE game, it's weird

Nathaniel Ross
Nathaniel Ross

It is true, though. The game even expects you to do so judging by the following scene where he breaks through the glass and falls to his impaling.

Carter Harris
Carter Harris

I wish the rest had that feel.

Austin Martin
Austin Martin

Well when your original premise is a new resident evil game its pretty easy to see why it feels that way

Noah Murphy
Noah Murphy

Attached: DMC-concept18-Belltower.png (1.48 MB, 968x681)

Jayden Thompson
Jayden Thompson

DMC1 was literally meant to be a Hideki Kamiya-led RE4 at point, but it got too action-y and branched off into what it became today. RE4 had a lot of development problems.

Landon Russell
Landon Russell

I know, but it is how it is. At least he didn't win the moment they net, he got destroyed the first time they fought, got closer to even the second time and finally won at last. It's still anime as fuck but he really dod grow on the way there.

Anakin
Damn, you must really hate the poor kid.

Jason Parker
Jason Parker

for some reason I can only do the two handed taunt in DMC1 instead of the one handed one, is that a controller glitch?

Brody Campbell
Brody Campbell

Not 100% sure on that but even with all the suppose issues. It's still getting a solid rating on steam.

Attached: file.png (519 KB, 1038x523)

Wyatt Ward
Wyatt Ward

Yeah, it's great and part of what makes the game special.

Jackson Miller
Jackson Miller

So normie only names? Fuck. Alright.

Carter White
Carter White

If you want a star wars reference go with Luke. Anakin is just cringy and will get bullied so much he will probably shoot up the school someday.

Joshua White
Joshua White

Thesr concepts give very amateurish vibe

Carter Reed
Carter Reed

Are you holding down the button or just pressing it?

Dylan Young
Dylan Young

They didn't nail shit. Vergil's DT and the Sparda DT are recycled from UMVC3, and sparda's hair is wesker's hair model from re5, I'm not kidding.

Anthony Thomas
Anthony Thomas

It's just that Anakin is not a character you'd want to have as a role model or namesake.

Asher Lee
Asher Lee

I had a co-worker who is named Dante (after the book obviously) and he grew to become a DMC-fag.

He is like in his late twenties and he has a big banner in his work email with a GIF of skulls and Rebellion.
I'm very proud of him, he is not a sperg in the slightest, but he still rocked that banner like it was nothing.

Gavin Lee
Gavin Lee

Anakin killed padawans
Anakin kill school kids
Like pottery

Cooper Thompson
Cooper Thompson

Attached: DMC-concept18-Castle.png (1.4 MB, 937x680)

Samuel Harris
Samuel Harris

They're modding characters after the levels are done. Almost finished.

Jeremiah Jenkins
Jeremiah Jenkins

R-stick up is single taunt, R-stick down is double taunt. It's something they added to this specfic version.

Luis Wood
Luis Wood

Attached: DMC-concept19-Castle.png (1.36 MB, 936x679)

Dominic Gonzalez
Dominic Gonzalez

How the fuck do I close the game on pc. I've been looking at the menus for 2 minutes and gave up and just alt f4'd

Attached: 502.jpg (36 KB, 600x614)

Charles Wood
Charles Wood

Huh, why did they change it?

Based guy.

Xavier Gray
Xavier Gray

Man can you imagine RE4 Leon quipping his way through the DMC plot?

Jeremiah Torres
Jeremiah Torres

Anakin is not even a cool character until he becomes Darth Vader.
Ben or Luke are cooler guys and are decent names.

Justin Morris
Justin Morris

I read a review like 10 years ago and iirc they bitched about how you can't

Robert Baker
Robert Baker

that pic
An oldie but a goodie.

Justin Flores
Justin Flores

Taunting is a bit weird in DMC1, since it used pressure sensitive buttons on the Dualshock 2. Maybe it was just better to allow more control of it.

Jordan Phillips
Jordan Phillips

This is what I was hoping for people to tell me about. This was the biggest decision breaking thing on if I'd buy the ps4 version.
Guess not.

Ethan Clark
Ethan Clark

Alt+f4 is the way

Nicholas Ortiz
Nicholas Ortiz

I just like the name. I don't care about the character in the movie. Is he even in the new ones?

Parker King
Parker King

Are there ANY differences in DMC1, cut songs , changed scenes anything like that? Cause im autistic and i wanna play the closest thing to the directors release version except for framerate and resolution.

Joseph Reed
Joseph Reed

DMC1 still doesn't have mission select.

Attached: anime-girl-in-despair.jpg (96 KB, 1200x675)

Alexander Cooper
Alexander Cooper

Retard.

Liam Turner
Liam Turner

He died in episode 6, how do you not even know at least that?

Noah Martinez
Noah Martinez

Dante is quite literally a modified Leon. You can even sorta see it in the face and the front of the hair being flipped. Even when they changed shit around, RE4 Leon is like the slightly-more-realistic government agent equivalent of Dante, right down to both of them being smartasses.

Austin Williams
Austin Williams

Attached: DMC-concept20-Castle.png (1.38 MB, 942x677)

Jaxson Barnes
Jaxson Barnes

If you're autistic you're not gonna like this

John Ross
John Ross

Watched the older ones, we're pretty decent.
Started '4' and couldn't even finish.
Sorry.

Oliver Thompson
Oliver Thompson

He is a gay rapist character who likes bbc, he died of assrape in ep6

Christopher Diaz
Christopher Diaz

This is your Dante for tonight.

Attached: Drew-Coombs.jpg (20 KB, 400x500)

Nicholas Walker
Nicholas Walker

needing to lock on before you can shoot
you can only slash in one direction, no mid-combo direction turns for attacks like in DMC3
Dante feels so slow compared to DMC3

Nah. I think I'll go back to DMC3, which actually has more than two melee weapons.

Brayden Rogers
Brayden Rogers

Vergil's DT and the Sparda DT are recycled from UMVC3
Vergil's DR recycled from UMVC3
Are you retarded user?

Attached: MvC3-Vergil-DT.jpg (156 KB, 1440x1080)

Grayson Torres
Grayson Torres

I actually like his voice more than Rueben. The latter sounds too nasally which is alright for young Dante but I prefer Coombs for adult Dante.

Parker Brown
Parker Brown

Based af

Jordan Bell
Jordan Bell

Attached: ports.jpg (216 KB, 1416x1583)

Grayson Hill
Grayson Hill

He said DMC1 retard

Grayson Sanders
Grayson Sanders

Sorry pal, you voice isn't gonna cut it for the fujos

Attached: 1518675781552.jpg (403 KB, 1000x853)

Aaron Gray
Aaron Gray

Attached: DMC-concept21-Garden.png (1.27 MB, 938x680)

Ryan Wright
Ryan Wright

Fuck, looks im ripping that unopened disc and using an emulator.

Joseph Miller
Joseph Miller

Btw, DMC3 still looks fine on the PC HD Collection if you turn off AA. I'll get a screenshot when i get to Vergil's fight.

Cooper Gonzalez
Cooper Gonzalez

Enjoy your input lag

Adrian Edwards
Adrian Edwards

Attached: DMC-concept22-Greenhouse-Exterior.png (1.55 MB, 939x681)

Dominic Martin
Dominic Martin

I know I'm autistic but is there any way to replace the stretched prerendered cutscenes in DMC3 with an alternative? Fuck.

Xavier King
Xavier King

DT in the first game is so fucking good, jesus christ

how did they manage to fuck it up in the sequels

Austin Rogers
Austin Rogers

that jaggy moon
that bland as fuck washed out colors

Attached: disgust.gif (904 KB, 240x228)

Mason Smith
Mason Smith

You're trying too hard to fit in

Kevin Campbell
Kevin Campbell

I really, really like how DMC1 is so earnest with its cheesiness.

Logan Price
Logan Price

On or off?

Attached: 20180315032845-1.jpg (564 KB, 3840x2160)

Benjamin Davis
Benjamin Davis

On. Once you go Turbo you'll never go back.

Adam Nelson
Adam Nelson

Don't be a pussy, turn that shit on.

Jace Perez
Jace Perez

How bad? Like unplayable? I can take a little lag. Fuck i cant win can't i.

Elijah Morales
Elijah Morales

If you're a first-time try it off to get a hang for the game.
Once you got that hang, you put on that swang.

Daniel Sanders
Daniel Sanders

It's pretty bad for a game that requires fast and precise inputs. You can try it and see if it bothers you.

Cameron Thomas
Cameron Thomas

You cannot change the language setting mid-mission
Why do Japanese games do this?

Carson Wilson
Carson Wilson

Attached: DMC-concept23-Greenhouse.png (1.56 MB, 938x680)

Alexander King
Alexander King

Turned it on but what the fuck is this?

Attached: 20180315033710-1.jpg (560 KB, 3840x2160)

Xavier Sanders
Xavier Sanders

DMC2 does the same thing

Justin Rivera
Justin Rivera

So its

a. Play on shitty 480p

b. Play with input lag that might be bad

c. play a version that fucks with the aesthetic

Videogames get no respect i tell you.

Dylan Sanchez
Dylan Sanchez

This is my first time playing DMC1.

Why are the dolls so bullshit?

They can grab me or throw their knives without any kind of telegraph.

At least their spin2win attack has a telegraph, as does their AoE which freeze me in place.

But those other two attacks don't have any telegrpah at all.

Brandon Sullivan
Brandon Sullivan

Gold is for scrubs.

Angel Ramirez
Angel Ramirez

Gold turns merchant statues into checkpoints.

Yellow means that the game has no checkpoints at all. So if you die, you start ALL the way back to the level, just like in the vanilla DMC3 before Special Edition came around.

Lucas Hughes
Lucas Hughes

I'm playing God Hand. What now, user?

Attached: DUNKED.gif (1020 KB, 250x188)

Jack Green
Jack Green

Unlock stinger and get the shotty in the second mission those 2 keeps them knocked down. You hear the knives spinning before they throw them.

Jack Lewis
Jack Lewis

the original japanese version was gold mode only, yellow was added because for some reason making the us release more tedious was the thing during that era

Ryder Murphy
Ryder Murphy

Grenadegun one shots them

Isaiah Morales
Isaiah Morales

DMC1 is very imperfect.
Wait until you have to fight shadow.
Then you immediately have to fight three of them at once for a missable secret mission.

Jackson Miller
Jackson Miller

4 special edition because it just went on sale and I never played the SE.
I'll have to wait until the trilogy goes down in price, might pick it up along with shadow of the colossus next month though

Ethan Garcia
Ethan Garcia

I never played the original JP version, so that's interesting to know.

I do know that the original US version before Special Edition was Yellow mode only.

Austin Peterson
Austin Peterson

has trouble with the trashmobs
I don't think you will get far into the game but listen to him Stinger and shotgun are best early on kock them back which prevents them from doing anything really.

Mason Price
Mason Price

It's kind of odd that the first boss in the game, the giant spider, is a well-designed enemy with proper telegraphs for all of its attacks, while the mob enemies in the game don't have telegraphs for a good deal of their attacks.

Anthony Anderson
Anthony Anderson

They can grab me
Don't let them get so close. They won't let you sit there while you juggle their buddy within arms reach.

throw their knives without any kind of telegraph.
They do have a telegraph, as well as a loud sound cue to let you know.

Attached: Enemy-Marionettes.jpg (135 KB, 1000x850)

Zachary Stewart
Zachary Stewart

You're going to love the shotgun. It can fuck most of the enemies in the game with ease.

Luke Murphy
Luke Murphy

how the fuck do i fix the bug that causes cutscenes to run 2fast for the audio on 144hz monitors?

Adrian Flores
Adrian Flores

Framerate cap. Fullscreen. If you have Gsync disable it.

I saw soem gameplay on 2 and it seems like just as messy as people have described... And I have already DMC3SE working on PC. So not gonna bother paying 30 dollaridoos to Capcom for one 15 year old console port I guess.

Caleb Flores
Caleb Flores

Off
This game was balanced to play without Turbo in mind. Some attacks are just way too fast to react with Turbo mode on. It's not much of a problem on Normal or even on Hard, but come Very Hard and DMD, you'll begin to feel the pain.

The Hell Vanguard's triple teleportation rush attack, for example (which he only does in VH and DMD), is far too fast to react to.

Matthew Rogers
Matthew Rogers

Height controls everything

Joshua Russell
Joshua Russell

Is Vanguard the Scythe Ghost? Dont they clearly disappear before doing it and then even doing a large telegraphed effect on ground with a sound?

Nolan Carter
Nolan Carter

I capped the fps with rivatuner to 60. For some reason it takes a while to kick in and go down to 60 from like 1200 or something after booting it up.

Liam Green
Liam Green

Yes, the boss of Mission 2.

Here's the deal: on all difficulties lower than VH and DMD, they only do one single teleportation. And it comes out slower than on VH and DMD (I don't know about Heaven or Hell, because I never tried that shit ever).

But on VH and DMD, they chain those attacks three times in a row. And they come out faster. So while reacting on difficulties lower than VH and DMD is doable, it's almost luck-based on VH and DMD with Turbo Mode on.

Nathan Wood
Nathan Wood

Say something nice about Lucia's game!

Attached: DMC2-Lucia-Devil-Trigger.png (880 KB, 1051x1432)

Bentley Carter
Bentley Carter

They're not killing me or anything, they just feel very cheap. But anyway, I already reached the black knight boss. He's the first enemy that killed me.

And yes, the shotgun is good, although it unfortunately knocks enemies 100 meters away making it hard to keep up my combo meter.

as well as a loud sound cue to let you know.
Well shit, I guess I need to stop listening to podcasts while muting the game.

Jeremiah Campbell
Jeremiah Campbell

still not as hateable as DmC, even if it is worse

Liam Bennett
Liam Bennett

we'll never get DMC5 as a sequel to DMC2 with pure 100% crazy DMC4 Dante, DMC1's latter half hellscape atmosphere and enemy design/boss interactions, and DMC3's overall polish

Attached: 1478738870518.png (37 KB, 658x662)

Austin Howard
Austin Howard

It has the best looking Dante outfit and good music.

Attached: DMC2---Dante-Render.png (467 KB, 766x768)

Brody Edwards
Brody Edwards

1. Excellent dark electronic music with hard rocking elements.
2. Dante's costume is dapper as fuck and is the best in the series, as opposed to the ugly DMC1 costume, the ugly DMC4 costume and the J-Pop boyband inspired DMC3 look he has.
3. Lucia is cute. That DT form is also cute.
4. The game gave us Bloody Palace.

Can't think of anything else.

Jackson Johnson
Jackson Johnson

Have they fixed the 60 FPS QTEs for this yet?

William Cook
William Cook

A false coin for a false god.

WWEEEIRIRRRRRREERR

Jacob Jenkins
Jacob Jenkins

But what if I'm a DMC, NG, AND a Bayo fag?

Attached: 1480892085363.webm (356 KB, 640x480)

Gabriel Wood
Gabriel Wood

shadows from dmc3 look cool as hell with scyches and when you cut them in two and they turn to sand

Jordan Taylor
Jordan Taylor

Id shit on you for not liking God Hand

Nathan Cooper
Nathan Cooper

youtube.com/watch?v=fRgEt1-J9Yc

Wyatt Butler
Wyatt Butler

I just tried and its definitely reactable. Even if you fail to react to the chains you can just time them after you become more familiar with the encounter. DMC4 Frosts had like 0.150 second frontswing on their melee attacks so now thats some real bullshit.

Adam Foster
Adam Foster

Jokes on you, I like GH as well.

Attached: 1418955258339.png (165 KB, 629x485)

Christian Martinez
Christian Martinez

Did they fix the issues from the pre-release version?

Hunter Hughes
Hunter Hughes

dantlet
lmao

David Foster
David Foster

true faggot

Brayden Barnes
Brayden Barnes

Ancient demon: BLA BLA SPARDA BLA DEVIL BLA BLA ANCIENT POWER BLA BLA SPARDA
Dante: Just die
Dante really was as bored as the player throughout DMC2

Attached: 1513637630302.gif (1.4 MB, 320x213)

Anthony Perry
Anthony Perry

I don't remember which cutscene it is in DMC2, but someone spouts exposition at Dante and his only response is a Squall "whatever," really makes me wish we got more bored Dante.

Attached: 1382039768078.jpg (67 KB, 333x322)

Jose Hill
Jose Hill

On Turbo Mode? Then I guess the problem is just me.

I guess I can try the strategy used in this video: youtube.com/watch?v=cGP9SRL4oRQ

It seems like the strategy is to stay locked-on at all times so that the lock-on circle will immediately tell you if he's going to come from below or from the side. It still comes out really fast though.

Nathaniel Morales
Nathaniel Morales

Anime Dante is pretty bored throughout.

Attached: Dante-Anime3.jpg (49 KB, 760x428)

Jayden Gomez
Jayden Gomez

NANI

Attached: IMG-4085.jpg (22 KB, 480x360)

Leo Hill
Leo Hill

This is a meme people like to say, but dante has a bunch of episodes where he gets pretty invested in what's happening, like the one with the guy that thinks he knows him or the poker game.

What dante isn't doing is being challenged at all in terms of power level dick measuring, it's more like the detective/cobra style character that kamiya envisioned and less the glam rock superman he kinda turned into

Connor Stewart
Connor Stewart

Man, I'm so glad this HD collection is out, even though the port is kind of lazy. At least it has the positive effect of allowing for long threads with lots of DMC- and cuhrayzee-related discussion.

Anyway, is pic related the most bullshit enemy in DMC3 or is it the most bullshit enemy in DMC3?

play on DMD difficulty
each of their arrows do xboxhueg damage
they can release their arrows at any time they want
you try to get near them, they auto-dodge/skate backwards
the room filled with them in mission 4 is a huge DMD casual filter

Kayden Powell
Kayden Powell

DMC2 has auto-lock on always on forever fuck you
This boss spends most of his time split in 3 heads with two being invulnerable, can only be shot by guns, and your lock-on is ALWAYS on the wrong head
Also has the second or third highest amount of health of all bosses

Attached: 1395544315993.jpg (205 KB, 1085x1217)

Parker Murphy
Parker Murphy

I tried the twitch prime freebie, they changed fucking nothing from the last gen ports and still uses the 4:3 menus.
Fucking 40$ for a lazy rerelease are you shitting.

Isaiah Ross
Isaiah Ross

It's hilariously bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=n5FrWcrc-XU

Luke Peterson
Luke Peterson

Is the dmc3 rocket launcher still broken?

Kevin Gomez
Kevin Gomez

Theres almost half a second time to react. When you see the effect on the air/ground start counting in your heard when to act. If you start reacting only the moment it has already teleported and is charging at you its too late.

Carson Perez
Carson Perez

In DMC1 its based on the amount of jumps you do

Logan Mitchell
Logan Mitchell

You mean the Kalina Ann Gunslinger grapple hook? If it's pretty much the same as the 360/PS3 version then it's still probably broken.

Hope modders fix it someday.

Liam Cook
Liam Cook

Is pic related
Doesn't post a pic

Jaxon Howard
Jaxon Howard

I'm an idiot.

Pic related is the enemy I meant to post for

Attached: Enigma.gif (57 KB, 600x528)

Gavin Rodriguez
Gavin Rodriguez

Has to be them Enigmas from the description.
Fucking red arrows of death.

Evan Richardson
Evan Richardson

Dont worry everyone knew what cheap shits you're talking about.

Brayden Scott
Brayden Scott

by the time you fight them on DMD you have tools specifically to deal with them like nevan, ice age or ultimate

doing a fresh DMD run makes them pretty miserable, but thats on you for trying to show off

Samuel Nguyen
Samuel Nguyen

How would you feel if DMC5 introduced:

Open World

Crafting for weapons and armor

RPG elements (leveling up your stats)

Forced walking scenes

Luke Carter
Luke Carter

Fuck that, I'd rather have DmC 2

Alexander Lewis
Alexander Lewis

I wouldn't buy it, that's for sure.

Parker Diaz
Parker Diaz

Attached: 1512707705731.png (172 KB, 442x509)

Joshua Thompson
Joshua Thompson

If a game has the words "Devil May Cry 5" plastered on it, I would buy it no matter what it is. Could be a FPS for all I care.

Sebastian Lewis
Sebastian Lewis

Suckers like you is why Capcom keeps doing shit as it does.

Bentley Collins
Bentley Collins

Would still try it if Itsuno was at the head, anyone else and that shit is in the trash can. I have faith Itsuno will maintain the core of DMC with a 5th game though

Brayden Howard
Brayden Howard

haha le party is going cuhrazy
le

Christian Morales
Christian Morales

Got a link to where I can follow the progress?

Daniel Ortiz
Daniel Ortiz

This isn't the right place to ask that question. I have never even touched a woman sexually.

Dominic Campbell
Dominic Campbell

Don't tell me what to do with my money bitch faggot.

Leo Carter
Leo Carter

I liked the city setting and the infested military vehicles as a concept.

Ayden Lee
Ayden Lee

If I get DMC4Se

I can just play as Trish & Lady straight away without ever needing to play as Nero or Uncle Dante right

Thomas Peterson
Thomas Peterson

Meant for

No idea how I fucked up that bad.

Jeremiah Adams
Jeremiah Adams

You have zero clue about what makes this series work. Shut the fuck up and lurk.

Alexander Powell
Alexander Powell

Yes, also Vergil.

James Ward
James Ward

Just got DMC3S for PS2
What's the best style overall?
I think gunslinger is the best so far

Jose Morales
Jose Morales

Attached: 5354.png (366 KB, 575x709)

Liam Jackson
Liam Jackson

Thanks for proving my point. Nigger.

Jose Powell
Jose Powell

I forgot about this

Attached: 1508972143184.gif (1.71 MB, 331x197)

Henry Barnes
Henry Barnes

he fucking made DMC1

Jose Reed
Jose Reed

asking if is still relevant, or was that just DMC1

Bentley Wright
Bentley Wright

i dont wanna play as vergile

Michael Cook
Michael Cook

Just DMC1

Colton Harris
Colton Harris

You must've missed the part where the collection is for arcade perfect versions, not feature packed home conversions

Gabriel Martin
Gabriel Martin

How are Lady, Trish and Vergil incorporated into the SE? How do you unlock them to play and what portion of the game can you play as them?

Attached: 1520307751429.jpg (103 KB, 885x1260)

Hudson Mitchell
Hudson Mitchell

Makes you think

Brody Wilson
Brody Wilson

So does the HD Collection on PC segregate each game as different downloads, or are they all still part of the same program?

Brandon Powell
Brandon Powell

How are Lady, Trish and Vergil incorporated into the SE?
overpowered as shit to the point of making the game boring

How do you unlock them to play and what portion of the game can you play as them?
you can freely swap between nero/dante campaign, lady/trish and vergil (only character that can do every level because he can just teleport past nero grapple segments yes this means you fight all the bosses over and over with one guy)

Dominic Russell
Dominic Russell

Not bad, just lazy

Attached: 20180315053705-1.jpg (396 KB, 3840x2160)

Carter Fisher
Carter Fisher

They're unlocked from the start, Vergil, Trish and Lady are OP as fuck, they deal a fuckload of damage, and were built for crowd control. Vergil is so overpowered it's retarded, he can clear an entire room filled to the brim with base demons in under a minute.

In Vergil's Campaign you play the entirety of it as him. Trish and Lady share their campaign much like Nero and Dante, you play the first portion as Lady, and the latter portion as Trish.

Ryder Hughes
Ryder Hughes

I remember. That was one of the early missions. I laughed really fucking hard at that.

Luis Hughes
Luis Hughes

Why is Capcom so fucking shit
Fixed.
They simply lost their touch and likely won't get it back. They may have the same appearance but they don't have the same fire.

Attached: friendship.jpg (422 KB, 800x800)

Juan Kelly
Juan Kelly

I never noticed his eyes were different

John Bennett
John Bennett

Really? It was the first clue that he was Arkham

Adrian Lee
Adrian Lee

Played dmc 3 first
enjoyed the shit out of it so I got the first one
I didn't know Nelo Angelo was Vergil
mfw that cutscene after that final fight.

Vergil, Dante. Happy Birthday

Attached: 1520803591247.png (990 KB, 1400x1575)

Carson Lee
Carson Lee

Nelo is also a mistranslation. It's actually Nero Angelo which hints at something in DMC4

Jose Perry
Jose Perry

Kinda sucks if they're the vanilla arcade versions, particularly in the case of Alpha 3. The home ports add so many characters that the arcade version feels incomplete.

Jaxon Baker
Jaxon Baker

Is there a reason they all have Greek names (Nero, Dante, Vergil) or did japs just thought it sounded coo/l

John Mitchell
John Mitchell

DMC1. It took me a while to enjoy it, but I'm glad I did invest the time.
I'm currently trying to play most games in the genre, I also have Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Asura's Wrath, and the post-game of Bayonetta 2 to get through.

Ian Jackson
Ian Jackson

Attached: 51UQKgTJUSL.-SX337-BO1,204,203,200-.jpg (40 KB, 339x499)

Daniel Butler
Daniel Butler

And he's been making GoW tier trash after Viewtiful Joe. No one wants DMC1 with QTEs and totally epic set pieces.

Jacob Taylor
Jacob Taylor

It's just taken from Inferno. Where Dante gets guided by Virgil through hell. It's probably because they think it's cool.

Jackson Rogers
Jackson Rogers

Dante and Vergil are named that because of all the allegories to the Divine Comedy and hell.

Nero was originally named Rodan after the artist who created the gates of hell, but they didn't like the pronunciation so they changed it to Nero, who was believed to be the first Antichrist in Christian history, in reference to his role in the story against the Order and in the fact that he is an inversion of Sparda who is the Christ-figure of the DMC universe.

William Nguyen
William Nguyen

I downloaded the hd collection and 4:se, currently playing 4 because hd doesn't want to use my ps4 controller, anyone know why? I'm also playing 4 in windowed because it won't fullscreen and whenever I enter the game options the game crashes 100% of the time. I love these games but holy shit these pc ports

Elijah Martinez
Elijah Martinez

I feel like you're just describing Nier here.

Brandon Lewis
Brandon Lewis

The first one. Sequels are all trash.

Jonathan Sullivan
Jonathan Sullivan

Asura's Wrath
No.

Attached: OI8MdC2.jpg (1.19 MB, 1400x5759)

Isaiah Sanchez
Isaiah Sanchez

From what I've heard DMC2 was actually not a DMC game until Itsuno came on board. It was a completely separate title that was retrofitted to DMC to try to save it.

And of course DMC1 was originally a Resident Evil game.

DMC3 is the first game that was meant to be a DMC game from the ground up.

Lucas Jones
Lucas Jones

Probably not true. I remember looking for stuff on the internet for it. refreshing the official DMC2 website almost daily because I loved the Original so much
Imagine my disappointment when it came out

Tyler Torres
Tyler Torres

I thought it might be that but their relation has nothing to do with Dante's and Vergil's from the Divine Comedy. It does sound cook though so I guess it's fine

Jayden Garcia
Jayden Garcia

cool*

Leo Rodriguez
Leo Rodriguez

Named Nero
Wears purple instead of black
Even though purple is already Spardas color

What were they thinking?

Grayson Price
Grayson Price

allegories to the Divine Comedy and hell.

What allegories?

Brandon Rogers
Brandon Rogers

Should I buy this or just dig out my copy of DMC HD collection for the 360? I've been itching to play a DMC game for awhile now but I keep on getting distracted by fighting games.

Landon Gray
Landon Gray

Trish = Beatrice
All of DMC3
2 and 4 not so much.

Adrian Collins
Adrian Collins

Wears purple instead of black
Nigga he wears red and blue, purple is his alt costume.

Attached: Nero-(Model)-DMC4.png (1.01 MB, 828x1555)

Mason Cruz
Mason Cruz

Might aswell dig it out. Theres no point in spendiing 40$ for the same port.

Anthony Sullivan
Anthony Sullivan

That's why he was changed to wear blue and red, he's supposed to be a mix of Dante and Vergil (and done very well, if not for his Kyrie obsession)

Attached: 9656c64679625dfb5b1bba9daaa4895b.jpg (487 KB, 760x1048)

Leo Sanchez
Leo Sanchez

Jesus Christ, this game is terrifying.

Attached: 20180315043356-1.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080)

David Scott
David Scott

You know, every single time I mention this, people always scoff at me in these threads.

Henry Foster
Henry Foster

If DMC1 ever gets remade, I really do hope they fix the spelling. It irks the HELL out of me.

Lucas Thompson
Lucas Thompson

(and done very well, if not for his Kyrie obsession)
implying Kyrie isn't a proxy for Eva and Nero's obsession with her isn't a parallel to Vergil's obsession with his mother

Samuel White
Samuel White

Even Kamiya only found out about only recently.

Ryder Martinez
Ryder Martinez

I think it was done really poorly is all.

Zachary Smith
Zachary Smith

What obsession does dante have? Pizza?...

Evan Butler
Evan Butler

I thought his default coat was purple. But wait, why is he a combination of his father and his uncle? That sounds like yaoi fangirl headcanon. Goddam who is the mother? Does Vergil's story in DMC4SE answer that?

Attached: 1503637010062.png (302 KB, 1276x1260)

Caleb Allen
Caleb Allen

You're right. I also really want to beat DMC2 finally, which I've never done.

I mean, fuck, I only have so much time since I'm a wageslave now but I've been itching to go back to cuhrayzee for ages now. Still want to go back to 4:SE and finally git gud as well.

WHAT? That seems like something he should've known about forever now.

Julian Morgan
Julian Morgan

Granted I read The Inferno years ago but how is the story to dmc3 related to that? In the book, Vergil guides Dante through each of the circles of Hell until they reach the last circle where they find Satan torturing Judas and Brutus. In dmc3 Vergil wants to open the gates of hell to acquire Sparda's powers and Dante puts a stop to that. Where is the relation?

Brody Reyes
Brody Reyes

Attached: 1454565964960.jpg (402 KB, 560x938)

Tyler Parker
Tyler Parker

No, that's an alternate outfit added in the SE. It's an outfit he had during development that was later scrapped.

Austin Green
Austin Green

strawberry sundaes if you watched that shit anime.

Henry Howard
Henry Howard

That's from the Dreamwave comic, right?

tfw actually had the first issue of that

Capcom really should get UDON to make a DMC comic. I would read the fuck out of that.

Brody Barnes
Brody Barnes

what is it?

Josiah Jenkins
Josiah Jenkins

Mundus

Andrew Davis
Andrew Davis

But wait, why is he a combination of his father and his uncle?
Personality-wise, dingus. He's like a more serious Dante, or a more snarky Vergil.

Ayden Morgan
Ayden Morgan

Vergil leads Dante through the levels of Temen-ni-gru and into hell where they find the power of Sparda and Vergil is cast down to be tortured by Mundus.

Tyler Campbell
Tyler Campbell

ooooh. That's pretty neat actually.

Xavier Howard
Xavier Howard

It's better to be honest family

Attached: 329050-20180311135023-1.png (2.12 MB, 1920x1080)

Camden Miller
Camden Miller

God, I love that coat. It helps that purple is my favourite colour.
I really want a Sparda focused game. Imagine a prim and proper brit speaking demon who quips like a smartass.
Actually yeah that's basically male bayonetta.
I want Sparda still.

Attached: 1510625595426.jpg (54 KB, 331x371)

Logan Wilson
Logan Wilson

lol

Attached: Captura-de-error-(55).png (1.49 MB, 1920x1080)

Jayden Smith
Jayden Smith

Is it still possible to do co-op using Doppelganger in the PC version?

Carter White
Carter White

have amazon prime
heres the dmc hd collection for no raisin
cool

Isaiah Watson
Isaiah Watson

co-op using Doppelganger in the PC version

??? explain

Lucas Bailey
Lucas Bailey

Dante dont do it! thats your mom!

Attached: 452.png (598 KB, 600x878)

Evan Hill
Evan Hill

in the ps2 version of dmc3 a controller in the 2nd slot can control the doppelganger.

Brody Smith
Brody Smith

I SHOULD'VE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL YOUR DARK SOUL WITH *voice crack* LIGHT!

Carter Perez
Carter Perez

dante and virgil are basically inuyasha and sesshomaru

Lincoln Cox
Lincoln Cox

First one, going through it for the first time, liking it a lot so far. Glad I finally got around to playing these games

Daniel Lopez
Daniel Lopez

neat

William Price
William Price

after years I've only just now learned that in DMC2 the shotgun has some cool combo attacks done by shooting after slashing 1/2/3 times

one is a cool flip and shoot move, one is a ghetto fireworks, and the last one is basically a ghetto gunstinger

Isaiah Ward
Isaiah Ward

480i, even worse.

Joseph Wood
Joseph Wood

Attached: 20180315013854-2.jpg (902 KB, 3840x2160)

Owen Wright
Owen Wright

I don't see the need. As good as DMC1 is, it's good because it's kind of in the style of the older Resident Evil games in a way. I don't think a game with a lot of timed missions that take like one minute to finish, and with only a few enemy types would really lend itself well to being remade. They'd have to change everything about it to the point where it would basically be a reboot. That being said, Kamiya should just do a new DMC game

Ayden Sullivan
Ayden Sullivan

Playing it in direct comparison with 1 and 3, the main thing that sicks out to me as both a positive and a negative is just how big all the areas are. It's very impressive technically from the clastrophobic hallways of the games before and after, but it certainly makes combat a real pain in the ass. I can imagine with enemies that are interesting and movement that isn't so damn clunky having so many big/multi story areas could be a lot of fun, but instead DMC4 and even DmC are largely just full of flat combat arena stuff despite having the technology to do better

Samuel Peterson
Samuel Peterson

It's kind of a mix of both. They're all accessed from the same menu but the game kinda noticably loads from three different, seperate game files.

Eli Bell
Eli Bell

bayofags go make your own threads
Bayofag here. I'm both happy and sad about DMC bros getting the HD port. Happy because you can enjoy DMC1 and DMC3 again and sad because all of the problems the port has that will inevitable drive less sales. I will get the HD collection, but I will wait until seeing some patches or some autistic enough modder to fix these problems. I also wish that NG bros can get an HD collection soon enough.

Carter Fisher
Carter Fisher

I'm surprised so few people know about using Doppelganger for co-op.

Connor Sanchez
Connor Sanchez

isnt it just dmc 1?

Lincoln Ortiz
Lincoln Ortiz

I just cannot get into DMC1 after having played 3 and 4. It just feels like DMC1 but slower and without styles. The end result is that I never play it for more than 10 minutes.

Is there a clear point where it clicks and it shines in its own way? I'm willing to play a few okay-ish missions if it leads to really good stuff later on.

Jaxson Carter
Jaxson Carter

Holy shit this game is so boring. I've always heard bad things about it and avoided it, but I thought I'd finally see for myself and I literally zoned out multiple times while playing it. It's honestly making me appreciate all the frustration Nightmare game me in 1.

Attached: devil-may-cry-2-1-1024.jpg (112 KB, 1024x768)

Ian Brown
Ian Brown

1-3

Camden Peterson
Camden Peterson

Same for me but the otherway around.

Evan Anderson
Evan Anderson

Son, how does DMC4SE look so good? It's an old game, Capcom had to update the textures or something. I'm playing on PS4.

Brandon White
Brandon White

Ninja Gaiden won't get an HD collection because Koei is, and will always be jelly that Ninja Gaiden is infinitely superior to their shitty ass musou games

Noah Wilson
Noah Wilson

Fuck I also have prime and I paid for it. Could have gotten it for free.

Oh well.

Really? I guess 3 was fairly iterative. Styles aren't that big of an improvement and the other quality of life stuff is fairly minor too.

4 is super different though. The tone, the level design, the fluidity of the movement and nero's devil arm change things enough for me to consider it a distinct entity. But 1 and 3 both have you playing as Dante in old castles with similar-ish movesets.

Dark magic. Shit ran perfectly on a mid range laptop from 2007, and that's even in legendary dark knight mode.

Jack Bailey
Jack Bailey

DMC4 runs on literal black magic, man, no other MT framework runs and looks as good as DMC4 does.

Robert Watson
Robert Watson

It's a rough game in a lot of ways and very different than the later ones, but I would really recommend putting in the effort to keep going. It takes some getting use to and the things it does well are just not the same as what the other games are about, so I get why people struggle to get into it(I did too). I wouldn't really say it gets way better or anything but if you give it a chance you'll probably learn to appreciate it more as play it more. Try to take in the atmosphere a little and forget about 3 and 4, it may help.

Joseph Long
Joseph Long

Capcom actually tried and put effort into the pc port back in 2008 with DMC4. They backported and updated it for 4SE which was released for the next gen.

Aaron Rogers
Aaron Rogers

Well, here's hoping Style Switcher can be brought back, even if for gameplay purposes rather than fixing. Maybe this will open up the door to the more dedicated modders of the community for the first two games, too.

Maybe someone can somehow make DMC2's gameplay less shit.

Aiden Bailey
Aiden Bailey

It gets better once you realize you can S rank every single fight by just spamming stinger over and over to build your rank to S and then spam gunshots on everything till it dies because gunshots infinitely refresh your current rank

Chase Diaz
Chase Diaz

It was made with a really good art style behind it. It doesn't need to be hyper realistic or dark and gritty to look good. It can still be bright and look excellent.
I love DMC4.

Lincoln Bailey
Lincoln Bailey

Which is hillarious because TN BTFO their shitty musou games yet again with Nioh. I still hope for a NG HD collection, or at least NGB HD for all platforms, same for God Hand HD and Viewtiful Joe HD. I want all of hack and slash fans to get something, even if they are just HD ports with improved framerate.

Anthony Morris
Anthony Morris

Alright. I'll jump back into it then.

Getting into 3 again is always a little boring anyways 3 really hits its stride in the later levels since the enemy encounters are more interesting and you have a bigger arsenal of equipment + moves. It's really hard jumping back in and having to fight only demons, and only using like 1 melee weapon with no moves unlocked.

Charles Long
Charles Long

The guy who made it already said he make one for this release, and a mission select mod for 1.

Andrew Gonzalez
Andrew Gonzalez

for some reason I almost feel like DMC2 might actually be a decent game on DMD where the enemies actually fight back, but I can personally say that I've never had the mental fortitude to play this game enough times to do so.

game could really use an 'unlock everything ' code like dmc3

Cameron Lopez
Cameron Lopez

So the flying enemies in DMC3. I guess they're angels or something? How do you fight them? DMC4 I have a similar problem with the floating scythe enemies. It was different in DMC because you could just shoot them but it doesn't seem to work here.

Owen Morales
Owen Morales

DTE

Andrew Brooks
Andrew Brooks

Getting into 3 again is always a little boring anyways
I feel the opposite, that the first half of DMC3 is extremely strong and then it starts to wane a little near the end.

Oliver Lopez
Oliver Lopez

you just have to hit them till their shields break, so use any kind of aerial rave style melee move or multi hitting/big damage guns to break it open

Eli Gray
Eli Gray

who CUHRAYZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE here boys?
we gotta bring back CUHRAYZEEE to vidya games

Zachary King
Zachary King

Ninja Gaiden HD collection would be sweet, but at this point, I'd be satisfied with just emulating the Sigmas and Razor's Edge in RPCS3

Luis Walker
Luis Walker

I remember Nevan being extremely effective on them. Especially in Swordmaster with the air scythe slash thing.

Owen Mitchell
Owen Mitchell

sigmas

Joshua Davis
Joshua Davis

Newfag

Jonathan Perez
Jonathan Perez

When I saw DMC4 for the first time the graphics blew my fucking mind, I used to think it was the best looking game ever, not even Crisis was better looking to me at the time because of how god damn beautiful DMC4 was, and still is.

Christopher Walker
Christopher Walker

Do they even boot yet? Last I checked I don't think they do anything.

Noah Davis
Noah Davis

new DMC thread when?

Zachary Clark
Zachary Clark

Style switcher fag said hes gonna mod it in.

Matthew Walker
Matthew Walker

They don't boot, and RE doesn't work in CeMu either.

James Ortiz
James Ortiz

Anything about Gun switching yet?

Jayden Morgan
Jayden Morgan

It does hold up really well, I just wish the environment design wasn't so generic. I hope V goes back to the horror-y designs of 1 and 3(especially 1), I love how they have such a mishmash of different aesthetics and religious themes.

Tyler Sanchez
Tyler Sanchez

They're fucking bullshit, that's what they are. They can phase into walls where you can't even hurt them. Don't worry if you have trouble with them.

In fact, that is probably DMC3's only major weakness. Its enemy roster is extremely diverse, but most of these enemies are annoying as hell. Like pic related.

The only sections in the game that I hate is all of Mission 12, because it seems like they threw away any careful thought on enemy placement out of the window for that level. It just feels like a giant mess.

The other section I hate is the long-ass cube platforming section in Mission 17. I've played through DMC3 dozens of times and I still can't get that platforming section down in one go. I always need like 4-5 tries to do it.

Attached: SoulEater.gif (39 KB, 250x278)

Nicholas Gonzalez
Nicholas Gonzalez

Best gun Spiral completely destroys those guys.

Andrew Morris
Andrew Morris

people in this thred are still talking about 5 like its ever gonna happen

Attached: wheeze.png (53 KB, 1024x576)

Julian Richardson
Julian Richardson

I'm killing myself anyway if it isn't Itsuno's project, might as well believe it for now.

Evan Bennett
Evan Bennett

You were wrong. There is a clear point where the game clicks. Alastor.

That entire scene when he gets Alastor is just perfect. It's great to use and unlocks so much. Being able to immediately add Stinger and knowing that further upgrades are coming really helps too.

The game just immediately got better once that happened.

I just hate that fucking tower man. It's just a lot of annoying backtracking.

Really hate that centipede boss too. The rest is just great.

Attached: oh-baby'.jpg (9 KB, 177x278)

John Reed
John Reed

To this day, I still don't understand why Kamiya thought it would be a good idea for the first 5 minutes of the game to consist of collecting 45 red orbs.

For what purpose?

Dominic Hill
Dominic Hill

if you want to be charitable, it's a movement tutorial and atmosphere building

less charitably, it's a holdover from when the game was resident evil 4

Jaxson Collins
Jaxson Collins

You never got passed mission 1 before?

Attached: Green-lex-luthor.jpg (34 KB, 600x572)

Jacob Sanders
Jacob Sanders

Remnant of it being a Resident Evil game I guess.

Every time I play the game I play the first mission and just go back to DMC3. This is the first time I actually stuck it out. It wasn't hard, just really boring in comparison.

Also I need to replay level 2 because I missed the shotgun. So uh, that's not so great.

Samuel Bell
Samuel Bell

Shotgun is on mission 3.

Jaxson Cruz
Jaxson Cruz

Not for DMC1, which apparently has no level select option whatsoever.

FUCK.

Parker Gutierrez
Parker Gutierrez

Well I'm glad your enjoying it, just get ready to get your ass kicked a good few times. You'll learn to enjoy that too, although if you've already played 3 maybe you're past that already.

Elijah Rodriguez
Elijah Rodriguez

It's in the room next to where you got alastor. on a table second floor.

Attached: 20180314023422-1.jpg (1.09 MB, 3840x2160)

Luke Martin
Luke Martin

You can and have to return to the room not long later though.

Henry Moore
Henry Moore

not naming your son kenshiro and teaching him the art of stabbing people to death
Shiggy diggy

Jackson Diaz
Jackson Diaz

literally dresses like his mom.

Nicholas Jackson
Nicholas Jackson

Yeah I've beaten 3 and 4 so I think I can handle 1. By all means I expect to lose a lot, I'm just prepared for it.

I know where it is, I just need to get to it.

Oh that's good. I guess in the end the game is still pretty open world, even if arbitrarily segregated into levels.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit