DMC

Wich one are you playing right now anons? Ng and bayofags go make your own threads

Attached: boy.jpg (1920x1080, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/973739223969816577
youtube.com/watch?v=_1GnqgRU3vI
youtube.com/watch?v=0Sj45tXt5ZU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Almost finished the first one. I'm unsure if I should give 2 ago before I move onto 3. I played and finished 2 when it came out. I remember being really disappointed. Want to see if I remember it being as bad as it was.

Attached: 20180314232505_1.jpg (3840x2160, 566K)

Attached: 631510_20180314051054_1.png (1920x1080, 1.6M)

Where is /cgg/

The game doesn't look that bad for a 17 year old game but damn the textures. Some textures look decent and others look like they were stretched from a ps1 game

Pirated PC HD collection because fuck Capcom. Already played DMC3 on 2007 port (with style switcher duh)
Gonna try out dmc1

Just finished mission 13 of dmc1
>tfw going through the game faster but also getting consistently worse rankings
How does this even happen? I used to get straight As and Bs back in the PS2 but now it's mostly Cs

Attached: 1521070927210.jpg (206x329, 20K)

Marionettes were the best trash mob prove me wrong.

I'm really feeling like playing DMC1 or 3 but sadly I don't have my PS2/3 with me, so neither.

how it is compared to ps3 remastered?

I didn't fall for the lazy ports scam, but last time I was playing DMC1.

Stuck at Nelo 3 at the moment.
Dante fails to dodge or jump when I press the buttons, the camera switches angles, and he fucking kills me.
Actually I already beat him, but with a shit rank which is unnaceptable

Shadows were undeniably the best enemy.

>Ng and bayofags go make your own threads

>Following up one of the most confy threads in recent time with autistic sperging

I'm outta here

I'm feeling this with DMC3 just started it again and I can only seem to get B rank on the first 2 missions I used to just get SSS or SS or S even an A here or there but a B ? something has changed

Paradiso

not him but as I said in , I feel like Devil Trigger is an ancient mechanic at this point and it doesnt even need to be in the games anymore. They could easily substitute devil trigger with a more general devil magic system that has moves like quicksilver and doppelganger inside the system

Kamiya is trying to get Capcom to let him remake DMC1.

twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/973739223969816577

Attached: Dante-Viewtiful.jpg (333x673, 69K)

Same shit.

Attached: 20180315004423_1.jpg (3840x2160, 449K)

Bianco angelos are still my favorite, marionettes don't have tells for their blocks wich infuriates me to no end

Attached: 1519438671452.gif (506x516, 443K)

Basically the same.
Supposedly some shading effects are missing and some sound is buggy. How bad it really is, I don't know

I meant between the different starting enemies. Marionettes, whatever they had in DMC2, Prides, and Scarecrows. Marionettes were the best of those.

>Dante fails to dodge or jump when I press the buttons
Damn, are you having problems with the emulation or something? I don't recall the PS3 port giving me problems at least.
But yeah, the angle switches are dangerous. What difficulty?

That was in the original remaster though. Capcom is lazy as fuck.

There I just made the perfect Dante outfit.

Attached: 1500162413476.png (639x1261, 385K)

I honestly think DT should be left in but I do like that Vergil had EX moves that used Runes and that would be cool to have on Dante (Though of course more fleshed out)

Then yep, no doubt.
Although each Sin in DMC3 having its own gimmick had some charm, you just can't beat the Marionettes.
>*shotgun twirling offscreen*

why don't the DMC3 cutscenes have AA?

I would love a DMC1 remake of the same quality as the REmake.

What? Devil trigger is great, not only does it add distortion mechanics to the game but it's also a great opportunity to modify the properties and strings of regular combos and attacks. Besides looking cool, of course.

This is great.

I wish they'd let all the damage just stick to the outfit. Kinda like the Arkham games where near the end of the game your outfit is pretty trashed compared to when you started the game.

Because Capcom is fucking lazy when they made the 360/PS3 collection which they literally ported exactly to current gen.

Very Hard, I think

Just putting it out there that some effects were restored from the PS2 version, mainly everything for Hell in DMC1

Attached: 20180314153723_1.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

I wouldn't really want this
I don't dislike platniums games I actually enjoy them but Kamiya's sense of style and his love for over the top set pieces and contextual attacks irc me a bit

Getting hit is non canon

The idea of magic fuckery with the sigils sounds very interesting. I like that.

upper half of DMC4 dante is almost as faggy as the lower half

if you want an objectively good Dante design take his DMC3 coat and put the DMC1 suit underneath it

Alternatively have old man dante in DMCV with a more heavy looking van helsing getup. Maybe a more duster looking raincoat instead of the leather coats

Just finished the last Nightmare fight in 1, took me like 10 tries. I never finished the game the first time I tried to play it but I'm glad I gave it another go because I'm having a lot more fun with it that I was then.

>ancient mechanic
The point of DT is to have a short time where you can deal more damage and soak up more. Also DT explosion is awesome

>DMC HD Collection on modern gen still uses fucking 4:3 menus, has tons of audio inconsistencies/glitches

>Street Fighter 30th Anniversary may not even have a training mode, doesn't include 3rd Strike Online/other improved ports of games

Why is Capcom so fucking shit at porting?

Attached: 1495890362300.jpg (1024x607, 47K)

Incorrect. This port is from the 360 version, which never had this issue. All of the issues in the 360 version, which is different from the PS3 version, remain and unfixed.

Looking cool is the most important part, but I feel like all the DT designs are lame except for Sparda, DMC2 Majin form, and the rad as all fuck Dreadnaught form from Royal Guard.

Attached: Royalguard_Dreadnaught_Form.png (340x549, 147K)

In cutscenes. Like the Arkham games.

DMC3 did that.

Oh, I see. I only played on PS2 and PS3. My apologies user. Incidentally, this whole room screams cut content in retrospect.

Attached: 20180314163600_1.jpg (1920x1080, 533K)

pretty much this although the DMC1 devil triggers during the moves like vortex looked good and vergils DT in 4 looks great

It took me untill nelo 2 untill i had completely regained my old skill.
Currently just before nightmare 2.

Huh, I must be misremembering, I thought DMC1 jumped straight from Hard to DMD.
The part that annoyed me the most about Nelo 3 is the sequence before you get to him rather than the actual fight since I'd eventually fuck up, have to restart, and trudge through that again. Damn Nobodies and their bullshit kick.

Only on the sleeve if I remember correctly? Could be wrong since it's been a while.

Man why was DMC1 the only one that let you keep your guns in your hand when you walked around? This series should get back in touch with some of it's Resident Evil roots.

I wish that was his DT in 4, his actual one just looks dumb. Why isn't there a mod for that at this point?

DMC3 Dante's coat wouldn't really fit with the DMC1 getup. The coat has a certain rocker element to it that wouldn't mix well.

Guns were actually useful in DMC1 instead of just filler for combos.

FYI you use that statue to recharge the soul used to open the door to the sewers if you happen to let the timer on it run out.

Attached: Guiding-of-the-Soul.jpg (724x1023, 700K)

Why is DMC modding dead in general?

Fuck off

Gunslinger and Artemis

Stop making me sad.

>Vergil had EX moves that used Runes
I don't remember that. You mean moves that spent extra DT? Or the SSwords formations?

>he didn't use Spiral, the greatest gun in the series

There's a full forum for DMC modding (forgot the name tho)

They were pretty strong in 3 too, even without upgrades

Devil Trigger in its current form is nothing but a crutch, it adds very little serious utility beyond being a burst damage tool. If anything Devil Trigger has gotten much less complex after DMC1 while they elaborated on everything else

Definitely true, its actually both satisfying and useful to keep shooting in DMC1 for multiple reasons compared to 3/4 without it overpowering the gameplay like in 2

The real point of DT is to kill a bunch of enemies fast before they can DT themselves.

SSsword formations and a few other moves that used DT
He also had moves with SSswords that weren't formations like Sword Rain which pinned

What effects were missing?

They only one people mention to my knowledge was a blur effect on Dante shooting mid jump

Yeah no shit, it's also fun because it changes certain properties, your opinion is shit

>less complex
DT distortion in 4 (though the way they implemented it is garbage)

They were broken, look at the Grenadegun. The shotgun was so good, though.

Black shirt is an improvement, and the jacket is more down to earth as opposed to the rocker jacket in 3.

I would replace the belts from his torso, but those are probably there to keep his jacket from moving all over the place, which in hindsight is a believable and smart design choice.

Both this and the white platform in the Coliseum that recharges DT I've only found about about today and I went through the game on DMD last year. Cheers user. Still doesn't explain why the throne room can't be accessed at daytime

Attached: 20180314143932_1.jpg (1920x1080, 357K)

What can you even mod outside of skins, anyway? It's all I've seen.

>Sniper rifle
>the magazine protrudes from the too, making it impossible to aim
Who designed this monstrosity?

It's free money

why the fuck are the recommended specs so high for upscaled ps2 games

Attached: junn-serizawa.gif (400x225, 1.78M)

>tfw only ever used the DT in DMC3 DMD when I wanted to regent some health
Something tells me I played the game wrong.

Spiral is an Anti Tank Gun not a sniper

Animation changing is possible but so fucking hard it's not worth it.
Also most amazing thing still is the DMC3 mod for RE4:HD (modder extracted assets from DMC3 and implemented them inside RE4 including some weapon changes and godly bottle caps). Sadly though the download got taken down

In DMC3 you mostly use it for DTsplosion to deal tons of damage

>and the white platform in the Coliseum that recharges DT
Wait, what?

How long until DMC1 HD Project that also fixes all the shit in this port?

Attached: c5fb545d7b0e9cf66fad5b317cd977a2.jpg (1170x597, 156K)

Because Capcom sucks at everything

>tfw a 4k ingame cutscene switches to a prerendered 90p cutscene

Attached: 1516809285851.jpg (225x250, 6K)

>Anti Tank Gun not a sniper
But almost every ballistic anti-materiel gun is a sniper rifle, user. Plus look at the thing.
And even if it wasn't, you still need to aim the thing, specially when it's lacking such serious firepower.

Needs someone autistic and talented enough to care.

To reduce the number of crybabies on the forums and reviews.

In the room where you get either the lances or Nightmare Beta, there's a white platform you can stand on. I used to think it did nothing but activated DT on it by accident once and found out it refills.

>fixes all the shit in this port?

so less than a minute of content? fucking retards always begging for the next tortanic

All the times I played the game, and I never knew that. Damn.

REMINDER

youtube.com/watch?v=_1GnqgRU3vI
youtube.com/watch?v=0Sj45tXt5ZU

Attached: 1497319795281.jpg (457x396, 17K)

Honestly Dante fires the thing from the hip andway and we are talking about the guy who stacked 9 bullets on top of each other firing sideways and shot pool balls mid air which hit each other and bounced into multiple targets he doesnt really need a site.

And the Spiral is a modified Lahti L-39 which has the mag on the top

>which has the mag on the top
I know, but for what purpose?
Does it use gravity to reload or something?

They werent just for show.

That made me think, what if, instead of the guns having a linear upgrade path had customizable parts that give them different characteristics? Maybe a barrel that gives more power, or one that gives less but with a higher fire rate, elemental shots, etc

Not a firearms expert so idk honestly the top mag seemed popular with Anti Tank Guns in WWII

In universe Dante makes dumb demon magic ammo already in the chamber (a hand wave fore why he has infinite ammo and why a .45 can kill a demon the size of a mansion)

I never really had problems with the camera in DMC1 until Mundus 2 Fuck those platforms

Honestly that could be pretty cool though you cant do much to E&I since they are iconic to his design

Not gonna lie, these are minor issues, but the change of orb picking and weapon switching SFX made me kinda mad.