Explain yourselves

Adrian Murphy
Adrian Murphy

check catalog
not a single thread for this masterpiece
explain yourselves

Attached: 459837-metal-gear-survive-xbox-one-front-cover.jpg (195 KB, 720x1080)

All urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UPodveNJVLM
youtube.com/watch?v=neg0hKzRi1s
youtube.com/watch?v=VrHrjhe7-Jo

Juan Fisher
Juan Fisher

let me guess, you guys just wrote it off without playing it, didn't you?

Dylan Gutierrez
Dylan Gutierrez

its good but don't be such a fag about it

Attached: 1520917052358.png (184 KB, 700x417)

Colton Harris
Colton Harris

Sup Forums
playing games

Attached: fences.webm (2.89 MB, 869x504)

Julian Rodriguez
Julian Rodriguez

last update added a mode no one plays and removed the free daily SV coins
there's just no way. The game is so bad.

Ian Rivera
Ian Rivera

you'll still get 40 coins a week to blow on cosmetics

Gavin Scott
Gavin Scott

It's good and I enjoyed it for what it was but face it, it was dead on arrival. The multiplayer will be a ghosttown in a few weeks.

Luke Richardson
Luke Richardson

hard mode
S rank
last wave almost done
disconnected because konami can't into networking
I have been disconnected so many time, even in the lobby, that I don't fucking bother anymore.

Attached: 1489665452810.jpg (60 KB, 609x676)

Oliver Howard
Oliver Howard

did you check the alternate universe catalog?

Landon Lewis
Landon Lewis

Attached: KonamiDrone.png (278 KB, 512x448)

Nicholas Cook
Nicholas Cook

alternate universe
did you play the game? no such thing

Brody Gonzalez
Brody Gonzalez

Of course not.

No one played this game.

Michael Cruz
Michael Cruz

I played it a lot. liked it, still do, if only the fucking networking would be fixed.

Carter Barnes
Carter Barnes

...I'm honestly really surprised no one has been the "it's Konami heartlessly milking MGS' name"/"muh Kojima"/etc. guy yet.

Ian Russell
Ian Russell

it's because it's obvious to everyone that the game was made solely to milk Metal Gear
it's got no passion, and the dev team even snuck in some insults to the publisher

Gavin Lopez
Gavin Lopez

I finished the campaign.

The story was interesting, but the gameplay loop is just straight-up retarded, especially on the second half of the game.

You have to farm materials just to be allowed to play the fucking game.

I'm forced to use shit tier spears because my good one requires rare materials, so you even up feeling weaker than you did at the start of the game:

I never feel like I'm getting better/stronger in the game, I just feel like everything is stronger and I have to invest more and more time just to keep up.

Andrew Torres
Andrew Torres

YYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Eli Bennett
Eli Bennett

i don't know what this is but it looks autistic

Jacob Barnes
Jacob Barnes

sounds like you might just be bad

Blake Gutierrez
Blake Gutierrez

This happened to me as well. Nothing quite pisses me off like putting in the work and getting nothing out of it because of someone else's fuck up.

Zachary Martin
Zachary Martin

I'll make a thread when it gets cracked

Anthony Gomez
Anthony Gomez

requires rare materials
like what? loot the transporters, the ones in FOB especially have lots of rare shit spawn inside the transporter area.

Brayden Lee
Brayden Lee

not wanting to grind materials means you're bad
apologists are nutty

Nathan Morgan
Nathan Morgan

You have to farm materials just to be allowed to play the fucking game.
I'm forced to use shit tier spears because my good one requires rare materials, so you even up feeling weaker than you did at the start of the game:
Having to play Metal Gear Solid with a fucking pipe is why I haven't picked it up yet.

Yeah, that's what I want in my techno-scifi espionage game: to use a sharp stick.

Gabriel Jones
Gabriel Jones

it's not a grind though, fagget.

Wyatt Brooks
Wyatt Brooks

Im loaded with shit by the end game. It's a survival game, gathering resources is sort of the point

Lincoln Perez
Lincoln Perez

not wanting to go out and collect materials to use the stuff you want means you're bad
MGS5 and Peace Walker are both guilty of this shit too, it's just bad game design

Chase Hall
Chase Hall

but this is the soyboy generation that wants a "game plays itself" button on their nintendo consoles.

Jason King
Jason King

It has nothing to do with skill, it's a statistical fact.

Regular zombie enemies level up constantly, thus deprecates gear quickly. If you can't repair your high tech gear, you have to use weaker equipment.

I guess I'm "bad" if I didn't get the rare materials to repair my shit?

Dominic Stewart
Dominic Stewart

It's a spinoff but there's still plenty of stealth in it, like how backstabs work. On the other hand, the FOX engine has some robust gunplay so I'm happy they focused on combat as well

Grayson Myers
Grayson Myers

OR, you can PLAY the fucking salvage mission and get all the fucking loot you need you fagget.

Mason Williams
Mason Williams

V and PW are great games though

I guess I'm "bad" if I didn't get the rare materials to repair my shit?
Yeah I guess so

Grayson Fisher
Grayson Fisher

600 ($6.00) for a SINGLE EMOTE

Fuck konami

Henry Flores
Henry Flores

do you have to use EXTRA emotes other than the ones you already have?

Austin Hughes
Austin Hughes

you get SV coins for free and that's just cosmetic anyway. You also find emotes out in the wilderness

Charles Campbell
Charles Campbell

go do this mission to do use the things you want
what do you mean you don't want to spend time to grind materials to use what you want? just suck Konami's cock you entitled fagget

Adrian Rivera
Adrian Rivera

oh no a game has challenge

Gavin Wood
Gavin Wood

play the game to get loot
wow! how dare they!?!

Henry Carter
Henry Carter

grinding easy missions for materials is challenge
goddamn you people love that cock huh

James Smith
James Smith

Sounds like the game's just not for you I guess. It's a looter shooter

Austin Wilson
Austin Wilson

I saw pictures of some kind of fuckhuge monsters in this game. Anyone have webms of them?

Thomas Wood
Thomas Wood

Nothing to explain, the game is just pure garbage.

Easton Parker
Easton Parker

do you even play the game? what do you even do? post game, most of the fun is playing co-op, and the loot you get there is plenty

Jaxon Watson
Jaxon Watson

I have 600 coins, only A FEW MONTHS TILL I UNLOCK 1 OTHER CLASS XDDDD

4 loaded emotes, roughly 10-20 more to buy, at least mgo3 had 30+ emotes for 9$

Isaac Diaz
Isaac Diaz

a youtube told me to dislike a game I haven't played
I must align my own opinion with the opinion of some stranger

Liam Anderson
Liam Anderson

There's no challenge though, the game stays more or less the same.

It's basically like oblivion; you might level up, your gear might be better, but the bread and butter enemies level up too.

You're doing more or less the exact same shit that you were doing at level 1, placing a fence and stabbing fuckers in the eye.

Josiah Robinson
Josiah Robinson

All classed are unlocked and the game is only $40 anyway

Camden Young
Camden Young

the problem i have with it is it is a representation of literally everything wrong with the industry right now.
microtransactions
grind in order to grind better gameplay
"survival" which just means do busy work to fill your meters
crafting
zombies in a clearly recycled open world
using a well established name to sell copies and nothing more
it's fucking atrocious

Nolan Scott
Nolan Scott

Dead game in a now dead series.

Lincoln Fisher
Lincoln Fisher

Nothing to explain, the game is just pure garbage.
I believe you, but a friend of mine has been playing it all week non-stop and I'm afraid to ask him what the hell he sees in it.

Michael Scott
Michael Scott

The barely even 5k people that fell for Konami's aggressive viral marketing aren't even playing anymore. And you pathetic shills insisted this game was going to sell.

Attached: 1519125663777.gif (3.03 MB, 359x202)

Daniel Harris
Daniel Harris

I'm still playing it. Finished the singleplayer yesterday, had a surprisingly good story.
The post game content is pretty good, just discovered Bigmouth , he pushed my shit in big time.

Wyatt Myers
Wyatt Myers

CLASS
classes are not unlocked by money. have you even played?

I'm afraid to ask him
you sound like a fagget
I believe you
why do you believe some random stranger on the internet?

Brayden Jackson
Brayden Jackson

none of that is inherently bad dude, and it's cute that you hand wave gameplay as grind

Wyatt Adams
Wyatt Adams

Do the event. you can get 300 for doing it twice. Repeatable.

Logan Young
Logan Young

Purple and above tier weapons ask for some real weird shit, and they tend to degrade quick. I saw a vid of someone using the Geist (I.E, auto pistol from Phantom Pain) with Overpressure ammo, and it broke before he'd fired half a clip.

It becomes a case of "This stuff is super good, but it's too good to use, as I'll just have to repair it."

I mean, I got a real good bow a while back, but I figured that I'd have to repair it way more often than my basic-bitch recurve bow, which does decent enough damage for now.

John Davis
John Davis

you sound like a fagget
That's not nice.

why do you believe some random stranger on the internet?
Because I was going to be the "heartless MGS ripoff"/"muh Kojima" guy if no one else was.

Luis Brown
Luis Brown

Classic misinformation, AGAIN, fuck everyone. Tired of this fucking shit.

Xavier Johnson
Xavier Johnson

what else can you call it? you go out and get materials to use to kill zombies in order to go out and get better materials in order to make a better spear to kill the zombies

Brayden Richardson
Brayden Richardson

That's 5k on steam alone.

Tyler Edwards
Tyler Edwards

Tfw flying jellyfish boss that shoots ice bolts at you. It's in multiplayer now

Attached: qe8obkm11byz.jpg (39 KB, 708x708)

Ian King
Ian King

well, my shit is all purple and I have never had anything break even once in the entire game.

Camden Robinson
Camden Robinson

yeah, it's gameplay.

Is Diablo just grind?

William Smith
William Smith

pc gaming
is dead, t. miners.

James Martinez
James Martinez

Yes Diablo can very easily be called a grind treadmill because that's exactly how it was designed. Survive is a grind treadmill because that's exactly how it was designed. It's not a good one though because you need to go get rare materials to repair your rare stuff so you end up using garbage weapons most of the time. In Diablo however you get a cool new weapon or armor piece and the only maintenance required after is some gold for repairs

Survive's gameplay loop is like No Man's Sky, you grind to grind better in order to grind better

Camden Lee
Camden Lee

It's not a good one though because you need to go get rare materials to repair your rare stuff so you end up using garbage weapons most of the time

That doesn't make it a bad game, that just ensures all weapons remain relevant so you aren't just pigeonholed into using your highest stat stick all the time

Matthew Watson
Matthew Watson

The only one I've encountered so far, but I've heard theres more.
youtube.com/watch?v=neg0hKzRi1s

Carson Ortiz
Carson Ortiz

We were doing the new missions online when that fucker showed up My friend now knows to get the fuck away from him

Grayson Morgan
Grayson Morgan

it does make it a bad grinding game though because it is actively discouraging you from using the thing you spent hours grinding for. what's the fucking point? there's no sense of progression, just endless killing zombies that level up so the grind takes longer without any actual reward

Julian Price
Julian Price

Attached: 5008.jpg (175 KB, 744x1340)

William Sanchez
William Sanchez

what's the fucking point?
You reserve it for when you need it, it keeps all weapons relevant so there's tons of variety in the moment to moment gameplay. You may not like the grind loop, but it isn't inherently bad design

Ayden Gomez
Ayden Gomez

Tried to get as much as I could out of the game but the game's just not good. At its best, it's 6/10 but the majority of the game is 4/10 empty repetition.

Only 3 defense maps in the end game (5 if you count the easy maps that no one does after passing them) and you're expected to just do them over and over ad infinitum. You're not even doing them for any good reason. Just for points to level up with and any one of a handful of drops that lose all meaning before long.

Game is shallow, has no content and really was not planned out well at all. 5/10.

Attached: Capture.jpg (18 KB, 470x98)

Levi Lopez
Levi Lopez

Also you get the best and most rewards from the harder endgame content and through improving your base. You start out as a guy with hardly a bottle of dirty water to your name and vomiting everywhere, into a mini mercenary company with tons of loot, gear and weapons, there's some large progression there

Justin Evans
Justin Evans

it is a bad grind loop though. there is no way around this, any grind game that discourages you from using your best gear that you spent time grinding for is bad. imagine Diablo made you use a perfect gem every time you wanted to repair a legendary item or something like that. people would hate that shit because the grind to get the gear is essentially worthless
you can spin it all you want, but it's a real shit feedback loop

Joshua Parker
Joshua Parker

any grind game that discourages you from using your best gear that you spent time grinding for is bad.
wrong, that's one of the best things about the game

Owen Price
Owen Price

you've got shit taste then buddy, there's nothing else to say

Justin Wood
Justin Wood

well that's your opinion

Brody Baker
Brody Baker

anons STILL upset about Survive
anons STILL posting youtube reviews
lol

Adam Jackson
Adam Jackson

not really, because most developers and even the suits are smart enough to realize that discouraging using your grind rewards is a quick and easy way to make the grind feel as worthless as it is

Nicholas Reyes
Nicholas Reyes

the grind feels worthless because there's a reason to go out and find materials to maintain your best stuff

On the other hand, it's good because it gives incentive to do hard missions for greater payout.

Connor James
Connor James

you could also just make rare weapons and items the reward for doing the hard missions instead of encouraging grind to use your good weapons to grind more
it's a shitty system and you can bet that it'll be used as an example of bad game design in the coming years

Grayson Wilson
Grayson Wilson

but then it just becomes a race to the highest stat stick and ends after that. With this system there's always a reason to keep grinding

Benjamin Phillips
Benjamin Phillips

these niggas actually farm instead of using CE
LMAO

Kayden Young
Kayden Young

CE
?

Connor Morgan
Connor Morgan

Borderlands and Diablo have no problem at all keeping players interesting in their grind without the stupid mindset of discouraging rare weapon usage.
You may always have a reason to grind, but it's a stupid and pointless reason like in No Man's Sky

Ryder Hall
Ryder Hall

It'd be cool if they'd expand the single player map, since it really only encompasses a sliver of the MGSV map. Maybe add in the northern part of the MGSV map, the ruins you fight quiet, OKB Zero, the power station ect and add in a human enemy faction for a bit of variety.

That being said it's amazing how much bigger the world feels when you can't see more than 30 meters ahead of you, you've got stamina, and it uses tangible resources to dispatch enemies from a safe distance.
It's a shame the game didn't sell very well, and there's little public approval for it given how good it turned out. The developers did a great job, but youtubers and outlets only care about saying how shit Konami without any consideration for the people who worked on it.

Mason Rivera
Mason Rivera

nah borderlands is pretty shit

Xavier Turner
Xavier Turner

discouraging rare weapon usage.
this right here PROVES you're retarded. I have never EVER not used the best gear I had, because repairing shit is easy as fuck, and only a brain dead retard doesn't have materials for it.

Also, borderlands is absolute garbage

Jacob Flores
Jacob Flores

in your opinion, but the game design is far better than Survive. this is an undeniable fact

James Walker
James Walker

in your opinion

Gabriel Thomas
Gabriel Thomas

i never said you couldn't use the best gear, i only said that the way the system works discourages players from using the best weapons
it's a shitty system that screams corporate intervention

Chase Bennett
Chase Bennett

Discourages them from using it all the time, but not entirely

Charles Johnson
Charles Johnson

I know what you said you retard, and I'm saying you're wrong. I have never ever felt discouraged from using my best gear.

Evan Watson
Evan Watson

New Base Dig is literally impossible if you don't cheese it by demolishing your base to make space for 20 Auto Turrets on each side. Also the AI can't take over the defense for you and will automatically fail no matter how high your defense stat is against the zombies' attack stat.

Attached: 1513729511818.gif (2.42 MB, 630x469)

Gabriel Edwards
Gabriel Edwards

If nothing it's solely discussed on /mgg/

Leo Butler
Leo Butler

Do you guys think paz liked being raped in front of chico?
Also, i am confused about something
did they make chico really lick her pussy after they gangraped her?

Joseph Ortiz
Joseph Ortiz

you may not have felt it, but the system is flawed because it *can* generate those feelings of discouragement. that's the problem here, personal anecdotes aside, the system has an inherent flaw that has already been solved in other grinding games

Landon Sanchez
Landon Sanchez

they made him have full on sex with her

Elijah Carter
Elijah Carter

it's konami's fault for handling the PR so badly

Carter Nelson
Carter Nelson

It's not an inherent flaw though, you just don't like it

Nathan Phillips
Nathan Phillips

i know
but did he lick her pussy?

Andrew King
Andrew King

no, your feelings are just gay because you're a fagget. don't blame the game.

Dominic White
Dominic White

The shit matchmaking caused me to stop playing it. There's way too much downtime between co-op missions for me to stay interested. The daily/weekly missions are shit too because the level requirement is misleading and you end up with players like 10+ levels below the boss rendering them almost totally useless.

Attached: 1506658877304.png (20 KB, 191x201)

Cameron Rodriguez
Cameron Rodriguez

F L O P
L
O
P

Gavin Davis
Gavin Davis

6/10 if you are generous
masterpiece
Lol

Elijah Allen
Elijah Allen

no it is an objective flaw. if it discourages players from using their best shit then it pushes players away meaning the game won't have a long lasting base of players except the most tolerant like you. this will make it so the publisher abandons it meaning it will get only basic content additions which will lead to further abandonment by the players.
if the goal of a multiplayer focused game like this is to maintain its player base and milk them for microtransactions then the game discouraging it's own gameplay loop is a massive black mark.

Jordan Green
Jordan Green

if it discourages players from using their best shit then it pushes players away
The game isn't for everybody that's okay, but this just encourages optimal use of what resources you have, not an objective flaw.

Jack Taylor
Jack Taylor

This game's SP is very short and the post game is basically just warframe but it is 40 dollars more expensive, has less classes, is dead and disconnects at the end of every mission

Gabriel Green
Gabriel Green

spin it however you want, any grind game that makes players feel like they shouldn't use the things they grind for has a flaw. it doesn't matter what the intentions of the developer were, a flaw is a flaw.

Owen Cooper
Owen Cooper

It's not a flaw though

John Taylor
John Taylor

buddy, this is a simple thing. the game has many more flaws than this, but no matter how you look at it this is the one thing they should have gotten right and is the most glaring problem the game has.
it literally doesn't matter how you feel about it, how you spin it, how you try to justify it, the very fact that some players have felt discouraged from using their best gear means the core gameplay loop has a problem.
if you can't understand this then i guess i'm done, i can't make it any more clear than this

Samuel Gomez
Samuel Gomez

nope, It keeps items relevant and is a design decision. You may not like it, but that doesn't make it an objective flaw. Just git gud

Carson Sanchez
Carson Sanchez

It's not quite as bad as memetastic youtubers say but it sure as fuck ain't a very good game either

Bentley Wright
Bentley Wright

i see now it is impossible to make you understand.
imagine a game with broken hitboxes and players telling the developer about them and the developers going "just git gud." it's a bad design choice and that's the last i'll say on this

Samuel Collins
Samuel Collins

in your opinion

Benjamin Taylor
Benjamin Taylor

all the cool kids are playing vermintide 2, bad timing but i wouldnt have played survive anyways to be fair. i watched a little bit of it on twitch and it looks like all the building shit would stress me out anyway.

Landon Brooks
Landon Brooks

when the game was first announced and i saw the trailer i hated it i hated the fact MG was now an overdone zombie survival game

in 2017 i was still hoping the game crashes and burns..i was saying that the demo they put out was so boring and the voiceover was so monotone

2018 comes around..i still hated the game and the beta..i was looking for reviews where they insulted it

the game launches and here i go stirring up trouble joining in on the hate threads trying to make this game sell disastrously

a day after launch i actually got the game as a "joke" birthday gift for PS4 in the HOPE we got some MGS5 closure i played it

and i'll be damned the game is fine i found crafting fun but as i ploughed through the game it just wasn't my cup of tea but i'll admit it was keeping my attention

so about 15 hours later i beat the main story..and say thats that i'd say the game is average ok so so nothing special, worth a playthrough.

the developers did a good job and the game is a game not the worst and not the best

i see reviewers on youtube MILKING the Konami hate posting videos where they say the game is s**t, its boring, it has nothing to do. you just stab and put fences up, you cant do anything else

2/10 metal gear is dead the game is shit all after they played 30 minute to 3 hours of the game not bothering to give the game a fair chance to impress they planned to hate the game they planned to give it negative reviews and worse of all they planned to not actually play the game

just get SOME footage post it and monologue pure hate through out cos hate/clickbait videos are what garner views nearly EVERY review has them show the tutorial levels and THATS IT

i'm sorry Konami and i'm sorry MGSurvive story writers and developers if the game was crap..then it deserves the hate but if the game is going to be hated no matter how much they tried to create something new for the franchise/story it's not right

Ian Lewis
Ian Lewis

masterpiece

you mean a mutliplayer game that seems to have a smaller playerbase compared to a SINGLE PLAYER game?

Attached: 1520252044511.png (222 KB, 770x464)

Nolan Nelson
Nolan Nelson

This is my favorite meme of 2018.

Jason Jones
Jason Jones

Can we play as Big Boss yet?

Thomas Fisher
Thomas Fisher

The added multiplayer mode they put in yesterday is pretty cool. I havent beaten it on hard, I was just farming for more materials. I've been having back luck with hard missions, ever since they added bosses in the coop missions it has turned into a cluster fuck. I've managed to kill 1 boss on hard, the tenticle 1, and it was a lot of fun. But every other game we dont do enough damage and the people cant hold the drill and it just fucks all up. So fuck Hard mode for a long while.

Game is fantastic imo and the mode they added the normal zombies move really fast, which destroys one of the main arguments people had when it came out.

Camden Powell
Camden Powell

Where is the barbed wire fence?

Lucas Sanchez
Lucas Sanchez

I assume you get it from drill missions in your main base, I got electric fence from it, but never got barbed. Im missing other basic defense stuff too. I gotta do more i imagine. I've played like 50 coop missions and you dont appear to get any defense gear from it.

Julian Rogers
Julian Rogers

Cuban Energy, you dumb asshole

Easton Sullivan
Easton Sullivan

Kuban* retard

also, KE still needs materials.

Adam Cox
Adam Cox

It's been out two weeks, it's old news

Carson Carter
Carson Carter

Cheat engine you mungos

Carson Kelly
Carson Kelly

very happy i didnt buy on pc

Andrew Walker
Andrew Walker

playing on pc
pee cuck

Kevin Young
Kevin Young

all teammates are level 1
I didn't expect much but I had a surprisingly good time carrying them.

Dominic Thomas
Dominic Thomas

not burning thousands of Cubans for their oxygen

Tyler Sullivan
Tyler Sullivan

wut? what platform? I'm 49, and play on PS4, usually I'm the lowest level or lowest tied with another

Jack Turner
Jack Turner

for oxygen? sure, but that fagget was talking about not having materials to repair his purple gear. so all this is irrelevant

Noah Martin
Noah Martin

PS4. I didn't think you could even do co-op until level 10.

James Flores
James Flores

It isn't a masterpiece.

It's alright, but it has some flaws.
just like the other metal gear spin off i guess.

Gavin Evans
Gavin Evans

what level are you at?

Adrian Morales
Adrian Morales

resourced stopped respawning on their own after last update
send help

Ryder Davis
Ryder Davis

Brandon Morris
Brandon Morris

Attached: 1520722508591.webm (2.55 MB, 1280x720)

Dominic Allen
Dominic Allen

what? it takes about 4+ hours of real world time for them to start respawning

Landon Powell
Landon Powell

wtf, context?

that's low as fuck, but I guess good enough for easy missions. you finished the SP game?

Lucas Cook
Lucas Cook

The design of the creature really look like death stranding.

I wonder if Survive used some element of the game that was supposed to be DS, Kojima surely showed some stuff about his work even at Konami.

Asher Hughes
Asher Hughes

This game cured my boredom of MH World, it's now my new addiction. Jho can't even save that game, once he's out all you will do is one day of farming him and put it back down. If you like MH in general I think you might like this, I don't really play much survival games other than Don't Starve and it wasn't even hard for me, people are just retarded, you literally just have to explore but maybe their just too brainded to even do that.

Josiah Price
Josiah Price

they didn't do so for almost two days
although now it seems that my container rampage has fixed it

Grayson Martinez
Grayson Martinez

Nobody can give any context because nobody knows what that is. It's been hidden behind the Dust all this time. Waiting.

Ethan Barnes
Ethan Barnes

death stranding.
death stranding doesn't have its own original creature type/design, both games are Lovecraft inspired, like many others.

Ethan Morales
Ethan Morales

Lasted me about 10 hours longer than V but I'm tiring of it now. It would be a solid 8.5 if I had a steady (and good) co-op group but as it is having to pair up with retards to unlock cool stuff brings it down a point on my scale.

Attached: Illustration.jpg (47 KB, 307x122)

Jaxon Rodriguez
Jaxon Rodriguez

I've only ever played co-op with random people and it's been good so far. everyone seems to carry their weight, and there is good shenanigans in lobby and downtime. friended a lot of them (PS4)

Samuel Nguyen
Samuel Nguyen

It's not THAT bad to be honest. I just have very low tolerance for bullshit so I'm not a fan of forced co-op stuff. Matchmaking times in PC are super weird too, sometimes you can find something instantly and sometimes it takes like fifteen minutes.

Evan Morales
Evan Morales

It was on easy. I just got to the FOB.
I did finish but I deleted my save when I found out about the alternate ending

Joseph Cox
Joseph Cox

Stop playing this game, you cancers.

Attached: 1510684226321.jpg (31 KB, 339x280)

Tyler Thompson
Tyler Thompson

alternate ending
oh fuck... elaborate. I sent the kid to the past and found out he was goodluck all along :^) then after credits, I heard him and his superiors, apparently the wormhole he told them about (the one that was supposed to happen for the endless cycle) didn't show up, meaning the cycle was finally broken, so I'm guessing we fixed shit

frogposting is the definition of cancer

Camden Lewis
Camden Lewis

see, you gotta turn around and jump into the portal after you send the kid through.
you go back to the 80's as a wandering MB soldier

Oliver Rogers
Oliver Rogers

you can just walk into the wormhole instead of fighting LoD
I assumed something like that was possible when the cutscene ended and I was just standing in front of it but I wanted to be the hero so I left it.

Levi Perry
Levi Perry

frogfuckers need to be gassed

Nathaniel Walker
Nathaniel Walker

so what happens when you go through it? also, wouldn't that be the bad ending?

Connor Cruz
Connor Cruz

generic zombie survival base builder with garbage UI that uses the MGS name for no reason
worth talking about
Nah

Adrian Turner
Adrian Turner

#fuckkonami! *brohoofs*

Camden Bennett
Camden Bennett

Kill yourself dumbfuck shitposter cunt.

Dylan Evans
Dylan Evans

thank Sup Forumseddit! upboat for you good sir!

Leo Murphy
Leo Murphy

just that one scene then you load back to the LoD fight

John Martin
John Martin

waaaah my cocksucking ecelebs told me this game was bad waaaaaaah

Jace Brooks
Jace Brooks

I don't know but I remember Pissed Pedro calling Captain a cardboard box so I assume that's him hiding in the box on the monitor feed when Gruen is talking to Goodluck

Zachary Gutierrez
Zachary Gutierrez

unironically shilling for this shit

Christopher Martinez
Christopher Martinez

liking anything is shilling unless I like it too

Thomas Jackson
Thomas Jackson

calling some mediocre shovelware a "masterpiece"
not shilling
Okay user.

Jaxon Gomez
Jaxon Gomez

Was Dead Dogs ever explained?

Jeremiah Perez
Jeremiah Perez

calling some decent game a "masterpiece"
not shilling
no, it's called baiting newfags into sperging out

Zachary Stewart
Zachary Stewart

merely pretending

Hunter Mitchell
Hunter Mitchell

If you don't use the magic fence on purpose this game can be actually pretty fun at times. I can't help but wonder how different it would be if Kojimbo was in charge though.

Attached: 1116848385.png (740 KB, 950x2293)

Jaxon Richardson
Jaxon Richardson

magic fence
huwhat?
eveyone got it but you, newfag

Owen Barnes
Owen Barnes

I still use the magic fence on hardest difficulty but i use a hammer instead of spear and drop attack zombies. The hammer is so god damn satisfying. Still no damn purple hammer drop though, I've so far seen 1 guy with it.

Nicholas Parker
Nicholas Parker

I've had my fun with it and I think I'm done now, I feel like there's nothing for me to do but grind for KUB so I can get to level 50+ and do Hard missions. I want to try fighting the world bosses but they never spawn, and I hate having to wait 24 hours to continue digging at the base.

I really wish that Peace Walker never happened and MGS never turned into a base management game.

Attached: Capture.jpg (16 KB, 313x120)

Jayden Peterson
Jayden Peterson

I think they only spawn if you arent doing digging missions. Ive seen it respawn once.

Nathan Peterson
Nathan Peterson

the fence is so strand it stops nearly everything and you can poke a spear through it to win most of the game

Anthony Torres
Anthony Torres

you mean the regular metal fence? on hard the zombies almost instantly wreck it if you're not there. I wouldn't say it's OP enough to be called "magic fence"

Easton Peterson
Easton Peterson

is it actually good? not a kojima fag so i dont care about "eeeahhehh it ruined the franchise its a disgrace"

i wanted it prior to release and i still want it, just wanna get a good opinion on it

Grayson Barnes
Grayson Barnes

it's average at best

Adam Russell
Adam Russell

merely pretending

Grayson Rivera
Grayson Rivera

Depends who you ask, I think its great. Any specific questions you want to know about?

Ethan Sanchez
Ethan Sanchez

you won't call it a master piece, but by the time you've gad your fill, you're almost 80 hours in. I'd say worth it (remember it's not a full price game)

repeating a meme doesn't undo your newfaggetry

Wyatt King
Wyatt King

merely pretending

Parker Adams
Parker Adams

I'm a Kojima fag but I had fun with the game. For a survival game it requires minimal autism but it rewards exploration well enough.

Camden Gomez
Camden Gomez

Latest update fixed it.

Logan Sanchez
Logan Sanchez

actually kill yourself

Attached: Here's-to-You.jpg (26 KB, 238x357)

James Johnson
James Johnson

if everything I've seen about it looks unappealing then why would I play it?

Jayden Wright
Jayden Wright

looks

Noah Rogers
Noah Rogers

it looks like ass with a f2p style microstransactions ("SPEND MONEY TO GET RESOURCES FASTER")

Evan Jones
Evan Jones

huh there's that word again

Nathaniel Lewis
Nathaniel Lewis

not for me

Asher Lee
Asher Lee

and yet I have not once used that currency on anything. hmmmmmmmmmm

sound like you're just repeating what your e-celeb cancer told you

Attached: 1517249416669.jpg (48 KB, 590x318)

James Bennett
James Bennett

enemy variety?
how many weapons are there?
is it ever frustrating or tedious?
is the basebuilding cool? is there ever a good product that comes out of it?
worth 40 dollars?

Samuel Rogers
Samuel Rogers

enemy variety?
more than DS3
how many weapons are there?
plenty, you won't use them all
is it ever frustrating or tedious?
at the start when you have to provide food/water
is the basebuilding cool?
imo yes, I have mostly farm and animals in mine
worth
imo yes, will last a lot more hours than most modern games

Lucas Butler
Lucas Butler

Post inventive traps.

Attached: cardboard-cliff.webm (2.73 MB, 852x480)

Daniel Morris
Daniel Morris

thanks user, im probably going to buy this game this weekend because of this

Colton Mitchell
Colton Mitchell

Top of my head there are normal 5 + coop endgame bosses, 2 more so far. Main game you mostly encounter the same normal zombies. Oh also it was shown at end game theres a different type of normal zombie. My assumption is they will add them to coop later without being spoiler about what they are. Not a ton of variety desu.

Theres 1 hand, 2hand, heavy, spear, and gun weapons. + stuff like machine gun turrets and mortars.

It was never really frustrating but it does get tedious.

The base building is kinda neat, and I enjoyed making it, but now that its all built up and Im at the point of farming for better versions of the stuff I had, theres not much more to it. Just grinding for purple items.

I thought it was worth 40, I also loved MGSV and the other MGS games, take that for what you will.

Blake Lewis
Blake Lewis

remember: if you want to know something, just google it. maybe look up skillzerk on yt, not sure if he has beginner stuff as well, but either way, if you have a question, look it up

what platform are you getting it on?

Evan Martin
Evan Martin

how the fuck do I get that? random drop?

Cameron Young
Cameron Young

PC

Jayden Bailey
Jayden Bailey

is that your only choice? if so, it's fine

Evan James
Evan James

Hard daily, maybe base digs as well.

Bentley Lee
Bentley Lee

It was a reward for last week's daily/weekly, I think it might still drop in the current one.

Jordan Murphy
Jordan Murphy

go play your movie kojimadrone

Attached: 159058253342.png (172 KB, 667x312)

Jackson Watson
Jackson Watson

is it better on console?

Michael Carter
Michael Carter

I S rank the daily on hard for days now, no luck

hope it drops

on PS4, yes. better online community, more players.

Noah Barnes
Noah Barnes

How do you kill these fuckers? I heard they're on Plan 6.

Attached: fucking-invincible.png (2.35 MB, 1920x1080)

Jonathan Barnes
Jonathan Barnes

I heard they die to frost and shock. You could also lure them off a cliff.

Jeremiah Bell
Jeremiah Bell

I killed them with the frost sword. Hammer did no damage. Id assume frost rounds too.

Adam Rodriguez
Adam Rodriguez

Attached: squeak.webm (2.86 MB, 1280x720)

Aaron Anderson
Aaron Anderson

CUTE

Jaxon Phillips
Jaxon Phillips

Lacking during the first half but good once you get to the second half of the game/co-op.

Fair amount of weapons. Off the top of my head there's about 6 of each melee category you can craft plus about 12 or so you can find. Guns there's about 15 or so I've seen. Traps there's like 30 types or something.

No, if you are not a retard. In reality I never had any problems even with food or water and the biggest annoyance would be the fact that you have to make it back to base (or warp there, leaving your loot behind) to save the game.

Base building is cool but only really post-campaign. Before that you can use it and it's nice but it really becomes your main source of materials in the late game.

I'd say it's worth 30 bucks easy. I bought it 20% from GMG back on release and I'm very happy with my purchase.

James Moore
James Moore

fire enemy
frost or shock
frost enemy
shock or fire
shock enemy
fire or frost

Parker Collins
Parker Collins

Cheers. So carry two elemental weapon/ammo types to be sure. I threw them off the cliff and blew the bridge up.

Chase Thomas
Chase Thomas

Something I havent seen anyone say yet. It seems much better to be decked out in full blue gear than to be decked out in purple gear without they buffs unlocked. I mean I havent seen any max level people and the cost to unlock everything on purples is also huge. Sooooo I think theres tons of people in gear that isnt worth it.

Carter Hernandez
Carter Hernandez

Some of the perks are worth it on purples, like the chance to not use any ammo when shooting or when tossing throwable items can make it feel like you got unlimited grenades or kuban crystals sometimes, also magazine pouches, the cost isn't that much I find, just do a few coop matches and you'll get yourself a few million + other materials and gear.

Mason Price
Mason Price

It’s a mediocre game that’s fun at times but it deserves every bit of shit it got because Konami is a shitty company run by terrible people

Easton Martin
Easton Martin

I like it but got tired of doing the same thing over and over plus I entirely expect a shit load of crystal meth bomber zombies to completely destroy my base the next time the story majorly progresses and I dont have time for that shit. Nor do I feel like rebuilding it just to support all those free loading niggers I keep bringing back to my base that dont do shit.

Attached: 20180304151121-1.jpg (691 KB, 1920x1080)

Connor Powell
Connor Powell

free loading niggers
kill them by sending them on under supplied exploration missions or dont get them in the first place by hitting reload last save after checking what the survivor looks like

Gabriel Williams
Gabriel Williams

you one of them kids that trusts game critics too ill bet and regurgitates what e-celebs tell you

Attached: 1449098133729.jpg (33 KB, 640x480)

Carter Lee
Carter Lee

It definitely feels like it's geared towards people who like continuous upgrades despite repeating the same shit over and over, similar to Monster Hunter I suppose.

Nolan Reed
Nolan Reed

except the Newest Monster Hunter is actually good and well recieved by fans of the series.

I have seen a lot fo hate for Survive and the only "defense" I see is "PEOPLE ARE ONLY HATING IT BECAUSE E-CELEBS HATE IT" like

Isaac Brooks
Isaac Brooks

youtube.com/watch?v=VrHrjhe7-Jo

Jose Phillips
Jose Phillips

I bought monhun and survive the same day, played survive more so far. Still like monster hunter tho. But im really addicted to last of us multiplayer more than both.

Luis Hill
Luis Hill

well recieved by fans of the series.

Nolan Green
Nolan Green

no content and shit event rewards

Nolan Lopez
Nolan Lopez

MHW sold like 7 million copies, you think ALL of that was from only new fans?

Adam Kelly
Adam Kelly

Holy hell, rescue missions are fun. Did my first hard one. Wanderers everywhere, faster, smarter. Dumping defences all over the place and evading the boss is tits.

Henry Nguyen
Henry Nguyen

Yeah it gets pretty fucking chaotic and a mad scramble.

Jack Barnes
Jack Barnes

It's shit. Better games to play. Next. /thread.

John Hall
John Hall

I love the physics engine.

Attached: 1521070795991.webm (2.77 MB, 896x504)

Liam Martinez
Liam Martinez

It's a terrible game.

Nolan Young
Nolan Young

This isn't Reddit, kid

Jonathan Perez
Jonathan Perez

you kinda sound like a viral marketing shill desu

Angel Miller
Angel Miller

I want to buy this game just because I loved how polished the gameplay was in MGSV. I'm trying really hard to stop myself.

Attached: links-crossbow-training.jpg (1.51 MB, 2448x3264)

Bentley Sanders
Bentley Sanders

I'm trying really hard to stop myself from having fun

Attached: 1520211348061.jpg (29 KB, 608x309)

Sebastian Reed
Sebastian Reed

Im concerned that it wont be fun, or at least no more fun than just dicking around in MGSV would be.

Hudson Lewis
Hudson Lewis

Way late but over pressure rounds say in their description they trade power for faster weapon degradation. Haven't tried any myself but I can't imagine it'd be that drastic.

Josiah Gray
Josiah Gray

If you liked MGSV you'll like this game, full stop.

William Howard
William Howard

actually very drastic
which is why i only have them on the burst 9mm as a back up weapon

John Williams
John Williams

None of the classes are locked you stupid fucking redditor

Nathan Campbell
Nathan Campbell

How vital is the multiplayer? I can probably play it if I need to but I haven't got the best connection.

Anthony Hall
Anthony Hall

its fun to a degree but dont go into it thinking its a Metal Gear game and you'll be fine.

Ethan Rodriguez
Ethan Rodriguez

multiplayer forms most of the post-game

Connor Allen
Connor Allen

The singleplayer is 30~ hours by itself. You can solo co-op maps if you're extremely good enough.

Ryder Morgan
Ryder Morgan

its not important just an optional thing to do

Austin Hill
Austin Hill

I can't believe Sup Forums is contrarian enough to like this garbage now. This board is dead.

Jordan Thompson
Jordan Thompson

Hmm. Well I'm fighting other players so my ping probably wont be THAT big of a deal.

Liam Diaz
Liam Diaz

I can't believe after all these years people still think Sup Forums is a single entity, shut ur faggot mouth

Andrew Reed
Andrew Reed

give a huge amount of cassette tapes from a wide variety of Konami games
don't let me play them on the go
Don't bullshit me like this even Peace Walker had a cassette player fuck off

Attached: 1501448376924.jpg (68 KB, 600x390)

Christopher Torres
Christopher Torres

Remember kids, in order to be a TRUE 4channer(tm) you gotta hate fucking everything

Attached: 1509982741438.jpg (97 KB, 900x599)

Brandon Parker
Brandon Parker

It's Metal Gear, it has a big fanbase, some bought it, turns out to be fun.

Nolan Rivera
Nolan Rivera

Sup Forums doesn't like it. We're a minority.

Jace Foster
Jace Foster

4channer
reddit

Jordan Roberts
Jordan Roberts

I actually played it and enjoyed it instead of listening to reviews.

Robert Brooks
Robert Brooks

Fuck off shill

Blake Diaz
Blake Diaz

It's really funny seeing people shit on this just because Kojima got fired, who cares how good the game actually is!

Daniel Flores
Daniel Flores

I like how the idroid version number goes crazy, like the one you got is broke.

Ian Cooper
Ian Cooper

Imagine being such a fucking contrarian that you're willing to call grinding a challenge.

The game has its strong points but literally all of those strong points are by virtue of using the MGSV gameplay. A lot of what was bolted on is flawed as fuck and excessive grinding is one of those flaws.

MGS5 and Peace Walker are both guilty of this shit too
Aside from the highest tiers of various weapons that you only needed for V's FOB shit (which got old long before I would have needed any of it in the first place and I was seldom invaded because I didn't keep nukes around), I don't remember having to grind for anything in either game. I had enough to make everything practical just by picking it up as I played and was passing through the areas anyway.

Hunter Cooper
Hunter Cooper

I've been here longer than you kiddo

Attached: 1509983255389.png (461 KB, 655x470)

Gavin Cox
Gavin Cox

I played singleplayer up until I got 30 people in my base, it sucks you basically have to play multiplayer to get any cool shit. The base camp digs work alright in the endgame but at that point it's better to just play online.

Jonathan Evans
Jonathan Evans

He has a point.

I'm sure the game is whatever, but it's not like Metal Gear is a spotless franchise.

Alexander Bell
Alexander Bell

I never feel like I'm getting better/stronger in the game, I just feel like everything is stronger and I have to invest more and more time just to keep up.
This is how jap does their game especially MMOs.

Brandon Clark
Brandon Clark

you have to grind to progress
I played the game at a normal pace, doing side activities if they weren't too out of the way. The only time I had to "grind" was to get chromium steel for the archaea blades for the lord of dust. But all I had to do there was look at my map for the chromium steel I stamped and go get it.

Git gud.

Dylan Ramirez
Dylan Ramirez

What's wrong with playing online? Co-op is the most fun part of the game.

Noah Rivera
Noah Rivera

The Digs are mainly just for upgrading your base, gear and gadget upgrades you can get from co-op. You could easily not care about digs while just having a few people enough to get postive food resource results and then just play coop for leveling up and getting gear, you can also dismantle gear you don't want for parts, like blue materials, you get a ton of unwanted blues.

Aiden Bennett
Aiden Bennett

no u

Hudson Watson
Hudson Watson

They respawn based on how much time you've spent in the game. Outside time doesn't ocunt.

Lucas Phillips
Lucas Phillips

Joseph Adams
Joseph Adams

tfw the game is confusing frustrating and not all that satisfying
Quit in 3 days, doubt I'll play it again if ever.

Adrian Martin
Adrian Martin

I would not go into it expecting the same gameplay from V. There's no such thing as AI. You just kill a bunch of samefags and they can't do shit about it.

Christian Edwards
Christian Edwards

thanks reddit

Jack Price
Jack Price

can someone tell konami to allow me put distress signal survivors into the back of jeeps and walker gears again

Attached: 1497564200362.jpg (44 KB, 711x885)

Blake Kelly
Blake Kelly

You could carry people in walker gears?

Camden Robinson
Camden Robinson

You could in V, I think it had an arm that held it out people in front of it.

Sebastian Peterson
Sebastian Peterson

last wave done
it's reward time
you have been disconnected
log back in
9999 grenades
mfw :D

Ayden Murphy
Ayden Murphy

game is confusing frustrating
Guess you are retarded then.

Levi Wood
Levi Wood

You have become the Fatman.

Ethan Harris
Ethan Harris

I did it once, we got rekt. it seems really fucking unbalanced, how the fuck are you supposed to do anything, even with explosive weapons, we couldn't kill them fast enough

Michael Brown
Michael Brown

dude what

Nathan Carter
Nathan Carter

it's a bug
or random jackpot, who knows
the rewards sometimes includes a ton of grenades or frost arrows

Attached: 20180315181531-1.jpg (393 KB, 1920x1080)

Ayden Reyes
Ayden Reyes

Lel

Sebastian Howard
Sebastian Howard

check steam
not a single person playing this 'masterpiece'.
explain yourself.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit