Is anyone else sick and tired of the Smash frnachise? i don't even give a fuck...

Cameron Flores
Cameron Flores

Is anyone else sick and tired of the Smash frnachise? i don't even give a fuck if it is a new game or a port.

So fucking boring.

Attached: file.png (103 KB, 1876x1876)

Leo Roberts
Leo Roberts

Then don't play it? Was this really worth making a thread about?

Ayden Watson
Ayden Watson

The real question is where it died.
The answer isn't after Melee.

Wyatt Stewart
Wyatt Stewart

So fucking boring
Not my fault you can't win a single match
git gud

Dominic Russell
Dominic Russell

now this thread is about wishes

post your predictions.

Attached: smash-wish.png (3.05 MB, 3684x2201)

Carter Howard
Carter Howard

where PSASBR at, tho?

Ryan Sanchez
Ryan Sanchez

poor little sonysoy

Gavin Brown
Gavin Brown

Sm4sh, not even because it was bad but because it was for the WiiU.

Robert Brooks
Robert Brooks

I don't even give a fuck if it is a new game or not

Then don't play it faggot.

Levi Robinson
Levi Robinson

failure

Blake Smith
Blake Smith

It was when it was Dragon King right?The foundation itself is fucking shit.

Attached: file.png (197 KB, 400x300)

Ryder Barnes
Ryder Barnes

I want to know who this fucking asshole that forces you to keep playing them is.

William Ortiz
William Ortiz

Sour grapes
I hope this one doesn’t suck like Sm4sh did

Gabriel Williams
Gabriel Williams

I've never played a Smash match with anyone ever. Wat do? I don't even like Nintendo btw.

Nathan Bennett
Nathan Bennett

We need a containment board for Smash autistis. 11 threads up at all times and all the trailer showed was inklings and a logo.

Justin Martin
Justin Martin

Sm4sh, not even because it was bad but because it was for the WiiU.

Attached: 1471379341139.gif (996 KB, 290x231)

Parker Sullivan
Parker Sullivan

I didn't even buy 4 because I played the 3DS demo which I tirelessly fought for a code for and after 10 minutes thought "yep, this is Brawl," and I played MORE than enough of Brawl. I'm out unless it's fresh and innovative.

Justin Sullivan
Justin Sullivan

What did being on the Wii U do to harm it, considering the gamecube only sold around 20 million systems anyway?

Hudson Hughes
Hudson Hughes

I completely agree OP. It's the same game every time, and that game is now stale and boring. My indifference and disappointment at the announcement was strong, wasn't at all what I was wanting to see from Nintendo right now.

Luis Thompson
Luis Thompson

Only good with friends, I assume. I got sick of 4 in like 2 days.

Jaxon Allen
Jaxon Allen

Yes.

Play Melee and 64.

Luke Martinez
Luke Martinez

I just wanted some fucking Pokemon news, USUM needs to be swept under the rug as fast as possible.

Jose Brooks
Jose Brooks

Based badopinionposter

Jaxson Sanchez
Jaxson Sanchez

Brawl was incredibly disappointing and aside from running through the single player content I barely ever continued to play it and me and all my friends quickly shelved it for other games even during our party get togethers.
Smash 4 was a lot better I felt like. But it didn't even provide the single player content that Brawl actually did. We played it a bit more multiplayer and I even played it some online. But ultimately even in spite of being a steup up from brawl it still didn't feel as interesting as the first two games. But mainly I feel like it was the lack of single player content that was its biggest flaw.

So those are two disappointments in a row in my eyes. But to be honest I am surprisingly excited for the game this time around.
Perhaps it has something to do with the huge steps they took with Zelda and Mario and with how they have invested a surprising lot in entirely new IPs etc. It gives me more hope in that they would actually be prepared to try something somewhat fresh or interesting with Smash 5, even if something drastic. Like even if they were to cut the cast by half or something.
It leaves me thinking they aren't as likely to half-ass it as I feel like they truly kind of did recently. Like Smash 4's single player content is honestly a joke. Excuses for why that ended up being the case still can't excuse the end product's single player content basically being a joke.

With these disappointments behind me it's true that I am in no way as excited for Smash 5 as I were for those two games leading up to them. But at the same time, I am actually still feeling somewhat hopeful at the game quite possibly being better than them. Perhaps even by a lot. And while that excitement might pale in comparison to the pre-release excitement I had for the past games, it sure towers over any excitement I have had for Smash in many, many years years.

Hudson Jones
Hudson Jones

Attached: marina-confirmed.jpg (51 KB, 376x266)

Charles Murphy
Charles Murphy

what the fuck I hate smash now

Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith

Literally this. Its the same shit every time. I'm not even gonna buy that garbage!

Attached: 1460373623562.jpg (109 KB, 1082x866)

Caleb Adams
Caleb Adams

Do you remember the test tube when you were cloned from me because you just summed up my opinion perfectly

Jose Adams
Jose Adams

tfw realizing the most fun I had with Brawl was visiting Smash Dojo for updates

Attached: emuisupset.jpg (269 KB, 550x964)

Gabriel White
Gabriel White

The real problem with Sm4sh is that it didn't really add anything to the game, it only fixed Brawl somewhat.The newcomers were underwhelming, the stages all felt the same, and the gameplay itself felt a lot more formulaic.
It is a decent possibility that Smash could be revolutionized like Mario and Zelda were, but Sakurai has been fucking up for over 10 years now. He may just push out even more shit.

Thomas Carter
Thomas Carter

It failed after Melee where instead of making the next game more fun Sakurai decided to make it decidedly worse to appease casuals, even though Melee was incredibly casual friendly and could be enjoyed by the whole family.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson

k

Robert Peterson
Robert Peterson

to appease casuals
What casuals did it even appease? All of my casual friends prefer Melee/project M mechanics to brawl. It was just an idiotic decision, it didn’t appease anyone at all

Daniel Gonzalez
Daniel Gonzalez

Smash is easily the most reddit videogame series of all fucking time.

DUDE CROSSOVERS LMAO IT'S THAT ONE GUY FROM THAT ONE GAME FIGHTING WITH THAT ONE GUY FROM ANOTHE RGAME FIGHTING ON A PLACE THAT LOOKS LUIKE IT IS FROM ANOTHER GAME FROM THOSE 2 LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: file.png (65 KB, 700x699)

Jonathan Flores
Jonathan Flores

How did it feel to not have a childhood

Hudson Bennett
Hudson Bennett

To be fair that was one of the most hype campaigns on the history of vidya.

Sebastian Mitchell
Sebastian Mitchell

You were supposed to grow nintenbabbie.

Nathan Garcia
Nathan Garcia

You need to grow up too and stop posting like a spastic

Blake Powell
Blake Powell

Bro you just described Marvel Vs Capcom

David Martinez
David Martinez

It was on the 3DS too nigger

Jeremiah Hill
Jeremiah Hill

All crossovers are inherently reddit, except Kingdom Hearts.

Samuel Nelson
Samuel Nelson

except Kingdom Hearts
...really???? I think I see what's going on here

Levi Rogers
Levi Rogers

Is everything you don't like reddit, user?

Jason Campbell
Jason Campbell

Just play Melee lol

James Robinson
James Robinson

Yeah man, When you see that people are literally losing their mind over a port says a lot about this franchise.

Austin Hill
Austin Hill

Yes, it was novel during the N64 days and the Gamecube version was actually pretty exciting, but now it's just tired old garbage that autists and manchildren sperg over

Attached: selphie-cowboy-hat.png (719 KB, 726x546)

Eli Cox
Eli Cox

Brawl and 4 sucked so I really have no hope at all for this next one being any good.

Benjamin Ramirez
Benjamin Ramirez

Brawl was the apex of the whole series. Not in terms of gameplay or roster, but in terms of hype, fanbase, presentation, excitement. Even the fucking intro is the best in the whole series. The way they were able to announce the characters on their site was orgasmic as fuck back in the day.

Now everything gets leaked and it's very hard to capture that same feeling of anticipating the game up to release.

As far as gameplay goes though, Melee was best. Story mode in Brawl was kind of shit, but I do really like some of the roster additions like Pokemon Trainer.

Elijah Fisher
Elijah Fisher

I'm pretty tired of it yeah. An even BIGGER roster
isn't enough to get me to come back.

Only way I'd pick up the new one is if it IS a new game, and it's a reboot of the franchise focused on more competitive play. Refresh the franchise and characters from the ground up again, and focus on what Melee did right. Otherwise, I'm just gonna stick to only playing DBFZ. Casuals can stick to their party game, it's not for me.

Sakurai is at the helm again though, so I'm not holding my breath personally.

Parker Reed
Parker Reed

I got tired of it when they got rid of my main

i will seriously skip the switch version if they dont bring him back

Dylan Bell
Dylan Bell

Snake, Wolf, or Ice Climbers?

If it's not the 3rd one, I think you're gonna be skipping out on this one pham.

Thomas Jones
Thomas Jones

I know.

Sm4sh felt empty without him.

Christopher Garcia
Christopher Garcia

Nah, looking forward to it. I'm only sad that I'll never get to again experience the wonder and joy that secret unlocks brought in 64 and melee. Unlocking Ness, from my favorite game for the first time on 64 was fucking mindblowing

Attached: download-20171231-201921.jpg (299 KB, 2048x1152)

Jayden Richardson
Jayden Richardson

what?

Jeremiah Watson
Jeremiah Watson

Okami is the only not fucking terrible choice on this list.

Easton Anderson
Easton Anderson

can't put transparency in his shitpost images
lol

Xavier James
Xavier James

game seriously needs to go back to being a celebration of nintendo characters and not a third party shitfest

Ethan Wilson
Ethan Wilson

lol, what a faggot

Chase Martin
Chase Martin

this

Hudson Wood
Hudson Wood

This imo, it seemed like EVERYONE I knew was into Brawl and it had way livelier discussions.

Jack Myers
Jack Myers

if they want to spice the game a little bit

im more excited about ridiculous predictions than the actual game

Attached: midna-l1.jpg (24 KB, 600x600)

Brody Garcia
Brody Garcia

I'm not trying to be a Meleefag, but the Melee intro is absolute kino. Brawl's intro is easily second though, fantastic music and scenes.

Ryder Rodriguez
Ryder Rodriguez

I'm moreso tired of entitled whiny fanboys that insist Sakurai listen to them no matter what. This year is going to be annoying and full of that until the game comes out. Just like last time's Ridley nonsense.

Brayden Clark
Brayden Clark

It's just diminishing returns at this point.
holy fucking shit mario and link fighting
mom please let me rent this game
Melee
roster doubled in size
new crazy as fuck characters nobody ever heard of
looks 1000x better than 64
gameplay is 1000x better
expansive trophy collection mode
Brawl
hype was off the rails
comes out
it's pretty good
roster increases a fair amount
gameplay is on par, maybe a little worse
collectible shit cranked up to 11
looks maybe 2x better than melee
Wii U and 3DS
add Mega Man
proceed to add a dozen or so anime characters
game looks slightly better than brawl
more of the same
more good characters as dlc but lol I didn't even buy it
Smash 5
add ridley and I might buy it second hand a few years from now

Joshua Reyes
Joshua Reyes

Shoutouts to Travis and Bomberman.

Attached: IMG-20180309-203232.jpg (191 KB, 1177x426)

Jason Campbell
Jason Campbell

No items
Fox only
Final destination
It died when autistic man children started taking it seriously.

Justin Cooper
Justin Cooper

Not really. It's kind of hard to get tired of something that comes out once a console generation.

John Nguyen
John Nguyen

it's pretty good
gameplay is on par, maybe a little worse
This is bait. If this isn’t bait then you have the worst taste I have ever seen on this site, and that’s saying something

Justin Gray
Justin Gray

brawl wasn't the apex, more like post-melee

the day brawl released was the worst day in smash history

Kevin Cook
Kevin Cook

if goku/kid goku don't get in I'm gonna fucking understand because dbz has never been on a nintendo system and sakurai himself says that even though he could easily get the rights to it, he has no idea how to implement him, and I'll be bummed about it for an hour and go back to jerking off and shitposting about minorities on Sup Forums

Attached: maxresdefault-(12).jpg (62 KB, 1280x720)

Joshua Hughes
Joshua Hughes

okami
doesn't even know her name

Thomas Russell
Thomas Russell

out of every single retarded smash fanbase, ridleyfags, goombatards, etc, I hate goku fags the most. Seriously, shut the fuck up

Gavin Martin
Gavin Martin

The gameplay in Brawl is serviceable unless you're a pro player or whatever. I haven't played it in 5 or 6 years though so maybe I'm remembering it as being better than it was. If you're implying it's better than Melee you can go fuck yourself though

Ryan Reyes
Ryan Reyes

With every entry coming at least 4 years after the last, no. No one is getting tired of it. Kys

Elijah Thompson
Elijah Thompson

Then don't buy it bitch

Logan Powell
Logan Powell

Heroes always arrive late
Jungle technology
you must recover
So many great dojo quotes, i'm sad that I forget most of them

Angel Clark
Angel Clark

The gameplay in Brawl is serviceable unless you're a pro player or whatever
holy fuck no it's not, even at a casual level the gameplay in brawl is trash

Jaxson Gutierrez
Jaxson Gutierrez

Nah, i'll buy it and complete 1 player mode, get all the trophies and unlockables, beat up my friends a bit then spend too long proving how good i am online with my piss poor Australian internet connection

Jacob Ward
Jacob Ward

Attached: 33333532e.png (650 KB, 800x598)

Brayden Hall
Brayden Hall

git gud at a party game
???

Grayson Russell
Grayson Russell

Hehehe, shitpost??? :)

Christian Rogers
Christian Rogers

I am not hyped for this new one. The last one was scraping the barrel for characters. Like five Fire Emblem LITERALLY WHO characters. Cloud who is not a Nintendo character. It was lacking when it came to single player content. The online was mediocre like all Nintendo games.

Adrian Allen
Adrian Allen

The fact is the novelty of nintendo characters crossing over to beat the shit out of each other is completely lost as an adult. To be blunt, you're too old for Smash.

Michael Bennett
Michael Bennett

You don't REALLY consider Sm4sh competitive right?

Cameron Morris
Cameron Morris

Just because you didn't appreciate the FE characters, it doesnt mean that everyone didnt appreciate their inclusion.

Leo Garcia
Leo Garcia

everyone
The only people who cared for them was Sakurai and Awakening fags.

Jacob Long
Jacob Long

he has no idea how to implement him
Not that I advocate for Goku at all, this is genuinely one of the stupidest reasons to not include the character. He has far more to work with than the fucking Wii Fit Trainer for example.

David Turner
David Turner

Smash is what got me into gaming, and is the only reason I own a console.

Juan Brown
Juan Brown

Attached: 1497775833196.png (50 KB, 255x204)

Logan Campbell
Logan Campbell

Yeah, that's not everyone, like he said.

Asher Cruz
Asher Cruz

How to fix Smash

tone down the roster
remove clones like dark pit and dr mario
max 2 fire shitter characters
remove Charizard
tone down on the third party characters (pac man? really? what the fuck nintendo)
characters like cloud, ryu, snake, bayonetta feel out of place, don't include them.
smash should be a celebration of nintendo characters and not filled with gritty soniponi characters. just make it cartoony and light harded.
subspace 2 electric boogaloo
if they really want go push third party characters, go with cartoony guys like Crash, Rayman or Bomberman

Kayden Walker
Kayden Walker

lern 2 play

Elijah Edwards
Elijah Edwards

[spoilers]おす皆! 待たせただね![/spoilers]

Attached: goku.png (635 KB, 2248x2363)

Ayden Price
Ayden Price

Learning the basic controls is considered skill to Smashfags?

Samuel Cox
Samuel Cox

This is one of the worst posts i've ever seen on the history of Sup Forums.

Juan Morris
Juan Morris

well reddit and tumblr seemed to like my idea so I thought i would share it here

Sebastian Mitchell
Sebastian Mitchell

Attached: lLkcCcQ.jpg (526 KB, 3684x2201)

Josiah Gonzalez
Josiah Gonzalez

I feel you, Smash 4 killed most of the excitement i had for the franchise with the lack of single player content and shitty pre-dlc roster, what a letdown it was.

Attached: DW2ilDdX4AAX-jh.jpg (36 KB, 482x427)

Hudson Edwards
Hudson Edwards

This is some low low low tier bait, apply yourself.

Attached: 1501794187657.png (863 KB, 494x703)

Thomas Ortiz
Thomas Ortiz

yet I still got some yous interesting

Samuel Allen
Samuel Allen

When they cut Ice Climbers and Snake the game wasn't the same for me. Cutting Mewtwo in Brawl and replacing him with that fag Lucario also sucked but the additions like motherfucking SONIC made up for it. Smash 4's newcomers weren't hype until the DLC was a thing and we were getting shit like Ryu and Cloud which should've been in to begin with.

Hopefully the good ones return and my boi Crash "motherfucking" Bandicoot shows up. I will actually not purchase this video game if these demands are not met.

Also bring back Melee air-dodging. Shit was dope even in casual play.

Ayden Bennett
Ayden Bennett

Rex/Pyra team

At last one guy with a brain, glad you're not suggesting the retarded Pyra/Mythra team

Levi Lee
Levi Lee

single player
come on man

Thomas Wright
Thomas Wright

Any problem?

Robert Johnson
Robert Johnson

Man a lot of people weren't feeling the newcomers in Smash 4 and I just don't get it. Ignoring the DLC we already got fucking Megaman and Pac-man as major third-party reps. There were also a bunch of smaller newcomers to fit the tastes of all kinds of people. I was ridiculously excited for Shulk and Villager for example. Bayonetta, Ryu, and Cloud didn't get in until the DLC but they're in now so how exactly is any other game supposed to stand against that kind of lineup?

Easton Sanders
Easton Sanders

Lucina/Robin reveal was the fall
Palutena reveal was the rock
Corrin reveal was the ambulance that never arrived

You cannot debate this

Elijah Cox
Elijah Cox

Not for me, I got m8s

Colton Sanders
Colton Sanders

Xd

Chase Wright
Chase Wright

Then move on and let us enjoy it.

Im in my late 20s and I played the shit out of all Smash games so far. I plan to do the same with Smash 5.

Hudson Gonzalez
Hudson Gonzalez

At least a third of the characters sucked ass and 56 was way too much.

Connor Garcia
Connor Garcia

just you snowflake

Andrew Carter
Andrew Carter

If you don't like it, don't play it. Just because you aren't a fan doesn't mean someone else isn't, you don't gain anything from other people losing a game they want.

Justin Smith
Justin Smith

no, grow up

Zachary James
Zachary James

You forgot the subspace emissary. I probably did that shit like 5 times

Attached: 1520818872106.jpg (151 KB, 521x1266)

Xavier Smith
Xavier Smith

dbz has never been on a nintendo system
Budokai 1-3, Tankaichi 1-3, Legacy of Goku, and Xenoverse, and some other games have all been on Nintendo systems.

Joseph Reed
Joseph Reed

More sick of the autistic smash fanbase.

Joseph Morris
Joseph Morris

fpbp, but it's the retarded stepchild board, so here we are 112 replies later

Carter Rivera
Carter Rivera

Hand in hand, like the KH franchise.

Grayson Brooks
Grayson Brooks

Guy you replied to. I agree some of the newcomers are great additions as far as gameplay went, but even a character like Pacman was expected given who was co-developing the game. Cloud is basically a Playstation character and having something like that announced before the game's release would've done it for me. I like the base game newcomers, but I wasn't losing my mind like I was hoping to coming from Brawl.

Colton Long
Colton Long

Cloud is basically a Playstation character
There is no such a thing, only Nintendo is the only first party company with their characters... Everything else is up for grabs.

Matthew Parker
Matthew Parker

Aka you're too poor to afford a switch or a refurbed Wii u. Just get a job loser, they don't cost that much.

Owen Gray
Owen Gray

What's wrong with Palutena? The fact she's a literal god that can lose to a Jigglypuff?

Nathaniel Cook
Nathaniel Cook

Sm4sh is the only one I didn't like. Gameplay is still slow as fuck and now everyone has ridiculous recovery and shields are a strong defensive option so everything takes forever and nothing feels impactful. Even the fucking tournament standard was 2 stock just to avoid matches lasting too long.

Brayden Jenkins
Brayden Jenkins

Shit character from shit non series, Sakurai should be fucking embarassed for displaying such blatant favoritism.

At least he had moderation with Kirby but the way he handled KI representation was downright despicable. Can't wait for him to undeservedly add a fourth rep on this new Smash. He might go ahead and add 5 this time around, why not the man has no integrity anymore.

Lucas Martinez
Lucas Martinez

He made Meta Knight OP in Brawl, so his bias has been around for a while, if it exists.

Juan Johnson
Juan Johnson

This series has been the only game me and my friends can still play even if some of them don't play games that often anymore, have families, or don't live in the same city. When we get togheter we can always enjoy playing smash. But maybe it's just me.

Ayden Nguyen
Ayden Nguyen

ONly kids play Nintnendo games,.

Isaiah Foster
Isaiah Foster

yes, you can get good at party games. It's possible to be good at beer pong, poker, twister, and yes even smash bros.

Levi Rodriguez
Levi Rodriguez

Awakening was a mess of a fire emblem, but Robin was a fun as fuck smash character. The only problem with Robin was that he was low tier, and only tourneyfags should care about that.

David Nguyen
David Nguyen

Jesus, at least try to learn how to shitpost. this is some incredibly low quality posting. here's a pity (You)

Austin Clark
Austin Clark

I always forget how autistic slotfags are. They get so butthurt because somebody people wanted like Palutena got in over Chorus kids or whoever they think "deserved" the slot.

Joshua Price
Joshua Price

Just have fun guys.

Attached: btt.png (216 KB, 800x1048)

Joseph Peterson
Joseph Peterson

5th game in almost 19 years
sick and tired
I genuinely don't understand this mindset. From hearing you it sounds like Smash was this yearly release or something.

John Rivera
John Rivera

Buying the exact same game 4 times will do that to you.

Caleb Thompson
Caleb Thompson

Smash 4 was graet, fuck off. the problem is that it is too soon.

Isaiah Powell
Isaiah Powell

Smash is dead with all nintendo properties

Christian Hill
Christian Hill

Why do i have fun with nes and snes games then but i cant have fun with boring neo nintendo games

Daniel Martinez
Daniel Martinez

Even F-Zero?

Adam Jenkins
Adam Jenkins

Atari games are better than smash 4

Colton Harris
Colton Harris

Redout is cool if you mean that.

Where is the fun in a neo nintendo game

If i cant die in a game then its no fun imo.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit