Is anyone else sick and tired of the Smash frnachise? i don't even give a fuck if it is a new game or a port

Is anyone else sick and tired of the Smash frnachise? i don't even give a fuck if it is a new game or a port.

So fucking boring.

Attached: file.png (1876x1876, 103K)

Then don't play it? Was this really worth making a thread about?

The real question is where it died.
The answer isn't after Melee.

>So fucking boring
Not my fault you can't win a single match
git gud

now this thread is about wishes

post your predictions.

Attached: smash wish.png (3684x2201, 3.05M)

where PSASBR at, tho?

poor little sonysoy

Sm4sh, not even because it was bad but because it was for the WiiU.

>I don't even give a fuck if it is a new game or not

Then don't play it faggot.

failure

It was when it was Dragon King right?The foundation itself is fucking shit.

Attached: file.png (400x300, 197K)

I want to know who this fucking asshole that forces you to keep playing them is.

Sour grapes
I hope this one doesn’t suck like Sm4sh did

I've never played a Smash match with anyone ever. Wat do? I don't even like Nintendo btw.

We need a containment board for Smash autistis. 11 threads up at all times and all the trailer showed was inklings and a logo.

>Sm4sh, not even because it was bad but because it was for the WiiU.

Attached: 1471379341139.gif (290x231, 996K)

I didn't even buy 4 because I played the 3DS demo which I tirelessly fought for a code for and after 10 minutes thought "yep, this is Brawl," and I played MORE than enough of Brawl. I'm out unless it's fresh and innovative.

What did being on the Wii U do to harm it, considering the gamecube only sold around 20 million systems anyway?

I completely agree OP. It's the same game every time, and that game is now stale and boring. My indifference and disappointment at the announcement was strong, wasn't at all what I was wanting to see from Nintendo right now.

Only good with friends, I assume. I got sick of 4 in like 2 days.

Yes.

Play Melee and 64.

I just wanted some fucking Pokemon news, USUM needs to be swept under the rug as fast as possible.

Based badopinionposter

Brawl was incredibly disappointing and aside from running through the single player content I barely ever continued to play it and me and all my friends quickly shelved it for other games even during our party get togethers.
Smash 4 was a lot better I felt like. But it didn't even provide the single player content that Brawl actually did. We played it a bit more multiplayer and I even played it some online. But ultimately even in spite of being a steup up from brawl it still didn't feel as interesting as the first two games. But mainly I feel like it was the lack of single player content that was its biggest flaw.

So those are two disappointments in a row in my eyes. But to be honest I am surprisingly excited for the game this time around.
Perhaps it has something to do with the huge steps they took with Zelda and Mario and with how they have invested a surprising lot in entirely new IPs etc. It gives me more hope in that they would actually be prepared to try something somewhat fresh or interesting with Smash 5, even if something drastic. Like even if they were to cut the cast by half or something.
It leaves me thinking they aren't as likely to half-ass it as I feel like they truly kind of did recently. Like Smash 4's single player content is honestly a joke. Excuses for why that ended up being the case still can't excuse the end product's single player content basically being a joke.

With these disappointments behind me it's true that I am in no way as excited for Smash 5 as I were for those two games leading up to them. But at the same time, I am actually still feeling somewhat hopeful at the game quite possibly being better than them. Perhaps even by a lot. And while that excitement might pale in comparison to the pre-release excitement I had for the past games, it sure towers over any excitement I have had for Smash in many, many years years.

Attached: marina confirmed.jpg (376x266, 51K)

what the fuck I hate smash now

Literally this. Its the same shit every time. I'm not even gonna buy that garbage!

Attached: 1460373623562.jpg (1082x866, 109K)

Do you remember the test tube when you were cloned from me because you just summed up my opinion perfectly

>tfw realizing the most fun I had with Brawl was visiting Smash Dojo for updates

Attached: emuisupset.jpg (550x964, 269K)

The real problem with Sm4sh is that it didn't really add anything to the game, it only fixed Brawl somewhat.The newcomers were underwhelming, the stages all felt the same, and the gameplay itself felt a lot more formulaic.
It is a decent possibility that Smash could be revolutionized like Mario and Zelda were, but Sakurai has been fucking up for over 10 years now. He may just push out even more shit.

It failed after Melee where instead of making the next game more fun Sakurai decided to make it decidedly worse to appease casuals, even though Melee was incredibly casual friendly and could be enjoyed by the whole family.

k

>to appease casuals
What casuals did it even appease? All of my casual friends prefer Melee/project M mechanics to brawl. It was just an idiotic decision, it didn’t appease anyone at all

Smash is easily the most reddit videogame series of all fucking time.

DUDE CROSSOVERS LMAO IT'S THAT ONE GUY FROM THAT ONE GAME FIGHTING WITH THAT ONE GUY FROM ANOTHE RGAME FIGHTING ON A PLACE THAT LOOKS LUIKE IT IS FROM ANOTHER GAME FROM THOSE 2 LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: file.png (700x699, 65K)

How did it feel to not have a childhood

To be fair that was one of the most hype campaigns on the history of vidya.

You were supposed to grow nintenbabbie.

You need to grow up too and stop posting like a spastic

Bro you just described Marvel Vs Capcom

It was on the 3DS too nigger

All crossovers are inherently reddit, except Kingdom Hearts.

>except Kingdom Hearts
...really???? I think I see what's going on here

Is everything you don't like reddit, user?

Just play Melee lol

Yeah man, When you see that people are literally losing their mind over a port says a lot about this franchise.

Yes, it was novel during the N64 days and the Gamecube version was actually pretty exciting, but now it's just tired old garbage that autists and manchildren sperg over

Attached: selphie cowboy hat.png (726x546, 719K)

Brawl and 4 sucked so I really have no hope at all for this next one being any good.

Brawl was the apex of the whole series. Not in terms of gameplay or roster, but in terms of hype, fanbase, presentation, excitement. Even the fucking intro is the best in the whole series. The way they were able to announce the characters on their site was orgasmic as fuck back in the day.

Now everything gets leaked and it's very hard to capture that same feeling of anticipating the game up to release.

As far as gameplay goes though, Melee was best. Story mode in Brawl was kind of shit, but I do really like some of the roster additions like Pokemon Trainer.

I'm pretty tired of it yeah. An even BIGGER roster
isn't enough to get me to come back.

Only way I'd pick up the new one is if it IS a new game, and it's a reboot of the franchise focused on more competitive play. Refresh the franchise and characters from the ground up again, and focus on what Melee did right. Otherwise, I'm just gonna stick to only playing DBFZ. Casuals can stick to their party game, it's not for me.

Sakurai is at the helm again though, so I'm not holding my breath personally.

I got tired of it when they got rid of my main

i will seriously skip the switch version if they dont bring him back

Snake, Wolf, or Ice Climbers?

If it's not the 3rd one, I think you're gonna be skipping out on this one pham.

I know.

Sm4sh felt empty without him.

Nah, looking forward to it. I'm only sad that I'll never get to again experience the wonder and joy that secret unlocks brought in 64 and melee. Unlocking Ness, from my favorite game for the first time on 64 was fucking mindblowing

Attached: download_20171231_201921.jpg (2048x1152, 299K)

what?

Okami is the only not fucking terrible choice on this list.

>can't put transparency in his shitpost images
lol

game seriously needs to go back to being a celebration of nintendo characters and not a third party shitfest

lol, what a faggot

this

This imo, it seemed like EVERYONE I knew was into Brawl and it had way livelier discussions.

if they want to spice the game a little bit

im more excited about ridiculous predictions than the actual game

Attached: midna_l1.jpg (600x600, 24K)

I'm not trying to be a Meleefag, but the Melee intro is absolute kino. Brawl's intro is easily second though, fantastic music and scenes.

I'm moreso tired of entitled whiny fanboys that insist Sakurai listen to them no matter what. This year is going to be annoying and full of that until the game comes out. Just like last time's Ridley nonsense.

It's just diminishing returns at this point.
>holy fucking shit mario and link fighting
>mom please let me rent this game
Melee
>roster doubled in size
>new crazy as fuck characters nobody ever heard of
>looks 1000x better than 64
>gameplay is 1000x better
>expansive trophy collection mode
Brawl
>hype was off the rails
>comes out
>it's pretty good
>roster increases a fair amount
>gameplay is on par, maybe a little worse
>collectible shit cranked up to 11
>looks maybe 2x better than melee
Wii U and 3DS
>add Mega Man
>proceed to add a dozen or so anime characters
>game looks slightly better than brawl
>more of the same
>more good characters as dlc but lol I didn't even buy it
Smash 5
>add ridley and I might buy it second hand a few years from now

Shoutouts to Travis and Bomberman.

Attached: IMG_20180309_203232.jpg (1177x426, 191K)

>No items
>Fox only
>Final destination
It died when autistic man children started taking it seriously.

Not really. It's kind of hard to get tired of something that comes out once a console generation.

>>it's pretty good
>gameplay is on par, maybe a little worse
This is bait. If this isn’t bait then you have the worst taste I have ever seen on this site, and that’s saying something

brawl wasn't the apex, more like post-melee

the day brawl released was the worst day in smash history

if goku/kid goku don't get in I'm gonna fucking understand because dbz has never been on a nintendo system and sakurai himself says that even though he could easily get the rights to it, he has no idea how to implement him, and I'll be bummed about it for an hour and go back to jerking off and shitposting about minorities on Sup Forums

Attached: maxresdefault (12).jpg (1280x720, 62K)

>okami
>doesn't even know her name

out of every single retarded smash fanbase, ridleyfags, goombatards, etc, I hate goku fags the most. Seriously, shut the fuck up

The gameplay in Brawl is serviceable unless you're a pro player or whatever. I haven't played it in 5 or 6 years though so maybe I'm remembering it as being better than it was. If you're implying it's better than Melee you can go fuck yourself though

With every entry coming at least 4 years after the last, no. No one is getting tired of it. Kys

Then don't buy it bitch

>Heroes always arrive late
>Jungle technology
>you must recover
So many great dojo quotes, i'm sad that I forget most of them

>The gameplay in Brawl is serviceable unless you're a pro player or whatever
holy fuck no it's not, even at a casual level the gameplay in brawl is trash

Nah, i'll buy it and complete 1 player mode, get all the trophies and unlockables, beat up my friends a bit then spend too long proving how good i am online with my piss poor Australian internet connection

Attached: 33333532e.png (800x598, 650K)

>git gud at a party game
???

Hehehe, shitpost??? :)

I am not hyped for this new one. The last one was scraping the barrel for characters. Like five Fire Emblem LITERALLY WHO characters. Cloud who is not a Nintendo character. It was lacking when it came to single player content. The online was mediocre like all Nintendo games.

The fact is the novelty of nintendo characters crossing over to beat the shit out of each other is completely lost as an adult. To be blunt, you're too old for Smash.

You don't REALLY consider Sm4sh competitive right?

Just because you didn't appreciate the FE characters, it doesnt mean that everyone didnt appreciate their inclusion.

>everyone
The only people who cared for them was Sakurai and Awakening fags.

>he has no idea how to implement him
Not that I advocate for Goku at all, this is genuinely one of the stupidest reasons to not include the character. He has far more to work with than the fucking Wii Fit Trainer for example.

Smash is what got me into gaming, and is the only reason I own a console.

Attached: 1497775833196.png (255x204, 50K)

Yeah, that's not everyone, like he said.

How to fix Smash

>tone down the roster
>remove clones like dark pit and dr mario
>max 2 fire shitter characters
>remove Charizard
>tone down on the third party characters (pac man? really? what the fuck nintendo)
>characters like cloud, ryu, snake, bayonetta feel out of place, don't include them.
>smash should be a celebration of nintendo characters and not filled with gritty soniponi characters. just make it cartoony and light harded.
>subspace 2 electric boogaloo
>if they really want go push third party characters, go with cartoony guys like Crash, Rayman or Bomberman

lern 2 play

[spoilers]おす皆! 待たせただね![/spoilers]

Attached: goku.png (2248x2363, 635K)

Learning the basic controls is considered skill to Smashfags?

This is one of the worst posts i've ever seen on the history of Sup Forums.

well reddit and tumblr seemed to like my idea so I thought i would share it here

Attached: lLkcCcQ.jpg (3684x2201, 526K)

I feel you, Smash 4 killed most of the excitement i had for the franchise with the lack of single player content and shitty pre-dlc roster, what a letdown it was.

Attached: DW2ilDdX4AAX-jh.jpg (482x427, 36K)

This is some low low low tier bait, apply yourself.

Attached: 1501794187657.png (494x703, 863K)

yet I still got some yous interesting