Did they ever stop and think..."hey, maybe we're the baddies?"

Did they ever stop and think..."hey, maybe we're the baddies?"

Attached: persona 5 phantom thieves.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OW1ps75BRSM
youtube.com/watch?v=upZjUIG3gqI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes. Also, they weren't.

They're Japs. To them, brainwashing someone to conform is not evil. If it is evil it's only evil because of who is doing it.

reminder that after kamoshida everybody they went after wasn't objectively bad

Attached: 1520843441362.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Yes they were you fucking nimrod.

>the literal murderer wasn't objectively bad

>brainwashing criminals and forcing them to their wills isn't bad
Good and evil are subjective, they are no better than the people they are going after

you are illiterate if you think that's what happened

>Good and evil are subjective
KYS retard.

>muh free will
Did you not complete the actual game?

the entire fucking point of the seeing ones' shadow in these games is to get them to admit to truths that they already know

the phantom thieves aren't implanting new ideas, just beating the evil out of them. The admission of their guilt is totally of their own volition at that point.

>exploiting kids for fame/money
>getting people killed so you can make Japan great again
>not objectively bad
The only one who you could maybe say that about was Haru's dad since Futaba doesn't really count.

>The admission of their guilt is totally of their own volition at that point.
They literally demand that kamoshida spill the beans or else.

>implying that Kamoshida did anything wrong

They do so to the embodiment of evil contained within him. His shadow. The shadow self. That's the point, it's evil.

Evil gone, the people admit to their crimes.

Yeah, when they saw everyone in the prison in Mementos Depths.

>The only one who you could maybe say that about was Haru's dad

Not him but that guy ordered for mental shutdowns as well. He got people killed. He's just as bad besides what he was already doing.

Attached: Ordered Mental Shutdowns.png (1604x908, 2.22M)

Yeah they did at the prison of regression ,but it was too late so nothing to do
The PT are really fucking evil for condeming them to a life of suffering without a chance of make amends
Okumura was lucky to die

When the twist is revealed. Joker was justifiably pissed when he found out whose bidding he was doing and for what purpose.

It's been said a million times, but I'm still annoyed the game just glosses over haru's dad.

>It's okay for Yakuza to blackmail young girls and boys
>It's okay for P.E teachers to rape, abuse and mistreat students and others
>It's okay for company CEO's to work their employees to the brink of death or extreme exhaustion
>It's okay for politicans to frame teenaged children after having nearly raped defenseless women

lmao what fucking cuckold actually defends these people?

>Good and evil are subjective
t. first year psych major

in Haru's dad's defense, his employees could just leave at any time

>Akira grows up to be a politician and honor Tora's legacy
>Yu grows up to a doctor after being inspired by Sayoko
>Minato and Kotone grow up to be salesman after being groomed by Tanaka

I'm sure they can tell their families that oxygen will pay for rent, food, water and basic living necessities.

Idiot. "then suck it up wah" Or how about having a boss who isn't a fucking taskmaster?

>I'm sure they can tell their families that oxygen will pay for rent, food, water and basic living necessities.
yeah because there aren't any other fast food companies they could go and work, retard

Thanks for not reading the second line.

>Minato and Kotone grow up to be salesman after being groomed by Tanaka
They actually don't grow up at all or never exist, respectively.

yes that's why they could go and work for another fast food company any time they want
Haru's dad was an ass but he's not forcing them to keep working for him

>Killing, raping, blackmailing people and making their lives shit
>H-Hey, it's subjective!

Good fucking luck getting a job at "any other place" if 1000+ people from the same company you were at quit at the same time you did.

They brought it up for like 30 seconds at the bottom of Mementos and then never again.

>leave one fast food company to get a job in one of the other 1000+ fast food companies
the only possible problem is if there is a monopoly of one company

Goro brought it up at some point but it turned out he was also doing the same only with murder so everything he said was rendered invalid and they just forgot about it

Haru is disgusting, if only you knew. Her "dad" depending on which daddy we're talking about either is the devil's advocate, or a vindictive cunt.

>they aren't baddies
You made them baddies by playing the game, you mong. They are, bar none, absolutely retarded. They are no better than Charles Manson's cultists, and the one giving orders are no better than Manson himself.
And all those fuckers went to jail.
All missions are done out of spite, thinking they're serving some self-proclaimed greater good.
Fuuka would fucking laugh at them all.

This entire game is fucking terrible because you literally play as shadows. All you do is undo everything all the other games tried to prevent.

More like
>It's okay for company CEO's to hire assassins and kill out their competitors

>Murder by inaction/exploiting children
>Being a fat jew
>Being a NEET
>Overworking employees until they get ill
>Being an ace attorney character
>Having people murdered to further your career, using your own son as an assassin. Also, being bald.
All naughty people.

You don't understand the Persona series, or human psychology, at all.

Enjoy your nuke then.

Yes. They worried whether it was right to go after Okumura until they met Haru and then later felt going after him was them losing sight of their goal and letting the fame go to their heads Which is retarded, given the circumstances of what it took for them to do it, and the fact that he WAS a shitty guy ruining people's lives. He needed a change of heart.

Which was getting awful close with all those mental breakdowns he was asking Shido for.

That dude wasn't yakuza. He was a small time gangster. The term mafia is used even in the original japanese.

The scene where they all feel guilty and say they let the fame get to their heads pisses me off, for this reason. Fucker deserved it, not to mention they only went after him afer meeting Haru.

Who /boughtRyujiMakotoOrYusukethemesonPS4justtohearthemusic/ here?

>The PT are really fucking evil for condeming them to a life of suffering without a chance of make amends
Wasn't everyone released once the final boss was beaten? My understanding is that Mementos ceased to exist after that.

I bought the velvet room one.

The more important point is that mementos is a cognitive realm. They're in a prison because they choose to be there.

So after Mementos gone, they return to their old self?

Sure, but the prison was eliminated as I understand it. Before the final boss, seemingly everybody in Japan was also in the Mementos prisons and that was why they didn't care about Shido's crimes and still wanted him to be prime minister.

Afterwards, people didn't want Shido to be the PM anymore so it seems to suggest they are no longer prisoners.

I bought the Ryuji one just because I love this track youtube.com/watch?v=OW1ps75BRSM

But then I ended up buying Yusuke for the avatar, and then the other day Makotos' for the music and because Makoto is my Persona5fu.

Yes
Not for long, though.

Why is it only westcucks that bring up this nonexistent ethical problem?
Forcing a criminal to confess his crimes is not controversial, no matter how you put it.

Yeah but it was pointless because they made sure that every person that had their heart stolen was more or less objectively "bad" so that any kind of moral ambiguity can be ignored. Can't have self-insert fags feel anything other than a waifu fantasy

Attached: demi.png (600x803, 472K)

>It is bad, except they did it in a way that makes it not bad.

>muh poor misunderstood criminals
Kill yourself libcuck.

I bought a handful of them but I only ever use Joker's theme. Beneath the Mask just doesn't gets old.

Attached: 90bbb65ccdef56f7ca086a44a565f3ad.jpg (642x610, 50K)

literally everything between kamoshida's dungeon and shido's dungeon is filler in regards to the narrative

the joker theme came with the version of the game i got and i've been using that on my ps4 since it came out. even after hearing beneath the mask for 90 hours in the game and tons of hours after that from the theme i'm still not sick of it.

Attached: jokah.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Woah...so, you're saying Persona 5 was just like Persona 3 and Persona 4?
Your powers of induction astound me.

Only from the players perspective, because we know there IS a narrative. As far as the Thieves are concerned their only two concerns are punishing the guilty and looking into the Black Mask character -the second of which they have no means to do. They don't have an inkling of the Conspiracies existence until after Okumura. The middle of the game is character based, not plot based.

Not necessarily. In terms of the plot you could vie it that way, but it was much more character-driven and thematically-driven than it was plot-driven and everything between Kamoshida and Shido was important for the characters and theme.

They literally did, confirmed for not actually playing the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=upZjUIG3gqI
>that hoshi to bokura to remix
i don't give a shit about the dancing games but i can't wait for the soundtracks

Attached: ryujistick.gif (364x360, 840K)

It's more like Sup Forums wants to find reasons to complain about a game that's been critically acclaimed and well-received everywhere else. Sup Forums is contrarian to the core but still hates being called out on it.

Pretty much at the end of the game you're revealed to be Yablahblahblah's pawn. Hell you can join him and impose your will on everyone if you want.

It's a fucking jrpg for manchildren where they can't make the player feel bad for anything they do but at the same time tries to be edgy. Seriously I have no idea how many times the game brought up something questionable that they did only to handwave it or pre emptively set it up so that you don't have to feel bad about what you're doing.
>it's ok only bad people have palaces, everyone you go up against is most definitely bad and you don't have to worry about what you're doing
>but you're completely absolved of all that because once you get a persona you're completely infallible
>doing questionable things? Breaking the law? It's alright they're all horrible people and deserve it, you can do no wrong
For a game that's supposed to be about rebelling it sure lacks any balls whatsoever.

Reminder that society deems what is 'Evil' and what is 'Good'. The only crime the villians in the game commited was falling outside of what is socially acceptable behavior and were therefore punished by children who don't understand how the world works.

Well, pretty sure mementos , as in Collective Uncon. got recreated inmediately
Maybe, maybe not
Assuming they got everything off shido means he was like that after 24/12 which means he was still damaged after yabadabadoo is dead, so I wouldnt say they got liberated
Then again, this is only based on shido

>physically/sexually abusing children is good
>extorting people out of money is good
>abusing workers is good
>having a teenager murder people for you is good

whatever you say bub

>summon a fucking devil to kill the abrahamic god
>"OF COURSE! IF GOD THINK HE ALL BAD AND SHIT, SATAN WILL COME OUT AND KILL HIM TO PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE!"
Literally God is evil and Devil is the good guy

Attached: mona.jpg (405x443, 25K)

>>it's ok only bad people have palaces, everyone you go up against is most definitely bad and you don't have to worry about what you're doing

Futaba had a Palace, and she's not considered bad.

>Not doing even a single google search before you shitpost

The Demiurge smiles at your ignorance

It doesn't matter if its good or bad, the fact is what they were doing is illegal.
Would Joker still brainwash people if they had committed no crime?

>Yaldabaoth is the abrahamic god

Attached: PersonaSmash.jpg (1194x1376, 613K)

>ignoring what happen in the last part of the fight

Attached: mona.png (1267x712, 1.44M)

He wouldn't be able to unless they had a Shadow, and if they have a shadow then they have an issue that they're better off fixing anyway. You get multiple people in Mementos who haven't committed a crime but they still have a Shadow and you deal with them, and then there's Futaba too.

She's the only one where they had to explicitly state over and over
>omg she's so sad she needs help now
>she's definitely not a bad guy okay
>look at her sad and troubled past
Everyone who butted heads with the PT in any way whatsoever turned out to be cartoonishly bad, with the some of the worst parts being the fact that they had to make shido bump into you at the elevator for no other reason than to show you how much of an evil dude he is and how he miraculously happens to be the same guy that got the protag into trouble in the beginning, like them going after him was written as some edgy teen's revenge fantasy for how he was such a good boy who dindu nuffin and the evil politician be keeping him down.

The only person you can maybe make this argument with is Haru's dad. By comparison to everyone else he's just a typical douchebag Japanese CEO.

Futaba had a palace
Joker broke the law, fucked up probation and paid up
Everything inside the metaverse doesn't abide by any rules
You're the only edgy manchild here for thinking that everything has to be oh so mature and dark and cool

Sounds like something to come out a Disgaea game.

is the trap evil or no?

There is no trap.

It's not a surprise that they're villains. They're self-righteous vigilantes that believe that their justice is what the rest of society's justice should be. They're children throwing a temper tantrum.

Attached: b009_002_01.png (512x512, 97K)

>Pot calling the kettle black

I'm pretty sure the game itself was trying to be mature and dark when it had sexual harassment and murder in it, except when it came to resolving problems it took the typical jrpg route of good kid win by killing bad dude (oh sorry we mean killing evil demons residing inside bad dude, our good kids will never kill anyone because that will make them bad, so we crafted this convoluted solution where they can take the violent idiot's solution of fighting through everything but still be able to solve all sorts of real world problems without actually having to sacrifice anything.)

what about her dad? fucking explain yourself. nothing they did was objectively evil and in no way warrants comparison with a cunt like manson.

this entire thread is just the phantom aficionado website

---DELETED BY ADMIN---

It literally is kek

Why do you need to be lectured on basic human morality?

>character makes a good point
>of course he turns out to be a wacko villain with daddy issues