Sup Forums tricked me. Fallout 4 is a good game

>Fallout 4 sucks because it's not like New Vegas with mods.

When will this meme end? I've put 100+ hours into it in the last two weeks for the first time. I had put it off for two years because of all the bad stuff I heard about it, but it turns out it's actually a pretty damn good game. Gameplay, atmosphere, and companions are better than any other Fallout game to date. The amount of places you can go into, the amount of detail put into the world makes it probably the most ambitious game I've ever played. I understand the criticisms, but it is not a big deal that it's less of an RPG than previous Fallouts. For one, it's still a relatively deep RPG, and you can customize armor and weapons much more than you could in previous games. Two, Bethesda was never trying to make Fallout 1&2 in 3D like Obsidian.

New Vegas is sort of like Star Trek while FO4 is Star Wars. They both do what they do well and should be judged based on what they are, not how much they are like one another.

Attached: 755.jpg (271x377, 23K)

time consuming =/= good OP

How? I don't find any of these games interesting at all?

I would not have played it so much if I didn't think it was good. I always cringe at those negative Steam reviews where the guy has put hundreds of hours into the game.

Weapon customization / armor customization was promising at E3 when they showed it off but EVERYONE was assuming that meant they were doing "New Vegas's Gun Runners' Arsenal but with more options." We couldn't have been more wrong.

BUT dude... those pre-war skeletons on the toliet and dem teddy bears with hats and cigars........ FOOKIN environmental storytelling man

>companions are better than any other Fallout game to date.
Nice joke.

i didnt hate it, but I had to push myself to finish the main game. I started Nuka World and got bored. Maybe I'll go back some day.

ok assholes right now the goty edition is on sale but I can only buy either the old hunters dlc and nioh season pass ot this.

what should I do

lol poorfag

I don't even remember the companions in New Vegas except the girl who makes you immune to alcohol addiction, the robodog, and E-DE and I played it like a month ago. What I do know is that FO4 handled companions much better. They had more dialogue, and you had to be mindful of your actions around them to gain affinity. They are also more integrated into the main quest. New Vegas companions are just tag alongs.

Cait, Piper, Nick, and Hancock were awesome.

I'm not poor, I just hate buying things I'll not use

fridge

Your choices don't matter :^)

Attached: Fallout 4 in a nutshell.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

>5str
>6per
>5end
>6cha
>8int
>1luck
D-didnt i fuck up my guy? Lvl 15 and dont know if i should continue or not

Attached: 1448511886002.jpg (1920x1080, 150K)

it is a bad game though
it just has good features
like the weapon crafting and armor are great, the environments especially in the city are pretty fantastic, but i get to the story or the actual gameplay mechanics like the "perk chart" and i cannot stop vomiting
i want to remove the hands of the man that thought >MUH SON was going to be compelling to the average person, much less the average video game consumer and slap in the dick with said hands the people that had the ability to stop him but just let him do it

Attached: 1454754363804.png (1024x576, 825K)

have you seen my baby

I think the issue is that Fallout did the voiced protag. It limited their ability to give more choice because they are likely trying to keep the VA script as small as possible. They could have at least picked a better voice actor for the guy though. Playing as a girl was a completely different experience because her VA was actually good.

theres no such thing as a bad build in this game, the stats dont actually matter
that said ideally you want higher luck and lower int because savant is far better than raw int for leveling
but then realistically luck is an actually worthless stat because of the way they ruined crits while int does actually have benefits so its mostly fine

Not starting 10 luck.
you fucking disgust me.

Attached: 1460318174525.jpg (960x540, 136K)

>Playing as a girl was a completely different experience because her VA was actually good.
What other games are like this? I felt the same about Mass Effect. Awful male VA, great female

>Bethesda was never trying to make fallout 1&2 in 3D.
They don't even care about Fallout 3 either.
The first hour of the game in Fallout 4 gets you the first of many of your own bases with a rad free water supply.
The entire point of Fallout 3 is to get fresh water to the people.

>How?

It's easy

>ignore the main quest
>mute the MC
>explore the map
>do secondary quests. Some of them are good.
>install a few mods

Boom
you have at least 80h of content and a good shooter.

Attached: think.gif (480x270, 1.51M)

Damn, is it really always 4 fixed dialogue options?

Why?

how much does beth pay their shills to keep talking about this trash 2 years after release?

>you had to be mindful of your actions around them to gain affinity.
I'd know if there's specifically an affinity system in Fallout New Vegas but there's essentially a system that's the same thing. If you side with the Legion while Boone's in your party, he'll try to kill you). Same with Veronica with the BoS I think. Also each companion has their own sidequests, and all of them were memorable especially Boone, the Nightkin and Cassidy

I found the main story of FO4 more engrossing than New Vegas or FO3. The big twist actually caught me off guard.

I won't pretend the story was actually well-written, but every Fallout game suffers from plot holes and contrivances. Even the main idea, the idea that the world would be in the state its in 200 years after the war isn't really believable. People don't even clean anything. It looks more like the war happened 10 years ago.

I thought the radiation made the surface unlivable for most of the time since the bombs fell. I don't think people have been living in those shacks for 200 years in the story.

consoles

Attached: buttons-ps4.png (400x300, 101K)

You will never find a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Attached: IMG_9988.png (1200x561, 43K)

Most people who survived were on the surface. Only a small fraction are former vault dwellers or their descendants.

this and the building tools that were obviously made for a gamepad really pissed me off.

>good shooter

Fallout 4 as a shooter is on par with an average 7th gen console shooter.

There is no way in hell you can rationalize doing stupid pointless side quests and settlement building instead of immediately finding Shaun. The characters the game introduces you to are both loving and concerned parents and still think Shaun is an infant. Babies need immediate attention. Their number one priority should be finding Shaun. There is no realistic way that a concerned parent would willingly forgo the opportunity to find out what happened to their missing child especially if you choose to play as a first-time mother. There is no way you can shove that aside and "fanfic/headcanon pretend" that the character the game has presented you with is a terrible parent that does not care or that waking up in the post-war era has changed them or any other bullshit you can make up or that you simply don't want to know. You will always play as a pre-determined character on a linear path. You cannot roleplay in Fallout 4.

Has nothing to do with consoles. They had to slim down the choices because they wanted to have the player character be voiced. New Vegas didn't have that problem.

I actually think fallout 4 is the best game bethesda ever made. It's a completely failure as an RPG though. But it's a tremendously fun shoot and loot game

Good try consoletard

>sci-fi game
>doesn't even bother how explaining how anything works or why it should work

Attached: 1477888993809.png (957x1037, 165K)

I don't disagree at all and I won't defend it. Bethesda could have at least had some in-game justification, like you needing to make money. Otherwise, Fallout 4's story is only reasonable if you play only the main quest until at least you reach the institute.

>it's less of an RPG than previous Fallouts. For one, it's still a relatively deep RPG
Why all you, morons, don't sperg out about your other precious RPG games like Witcher, God of War and Call of Duty?

Do ghouls need to eat? I know that they need to drink water and also go to the bathroom.

Attached: what do ghouls eat.jpg (1280x4320, 1.25M)

>when will this meme end?
>I like the game so it being bad can't possibly be the popular opinion
fuck off op

Attached: Leaving the Vault.png (848x3360, 1.52M)

Not an argument (you're a retard if this is the only thing you have to defend console bashing - especially when it doesn't even make sense)

Why wasn't there an actual assault rifle until Nuka World? Why they fuck did they make Nuka World? Why are Bethesda so fucking shit with Fallout DLC? How is it handmade? It's a fucking AK, if some inbred raider can handmake that shit why do pipe weapons exist in the state they're in?

Attached: handmade rifle.png (1920x1080, 1.26M)

Nice RPD comrade

I dunno about you bro, but I like to close in with assault weapons, then go full melee as soon as I am within range. Very satisfying.

Ive been playing the vr version and its pretty fucking cool, I think the game was just hyped up way too much and thats whats caused all this hate towards it

>They had to slim down the choices because they wanted to have the player character be voiced

Nigger, then why do they give 4 dialogue options even when only 1 is possible, and it says the same thing 4 times with different wording.

New Vegas is like Star Trek TOS or TNG and FO4 is like Discovery

>frozen in the vault immediately
>dethawed
>leave vault in like 20 minutes
>AHHHHH MY EYES

Are you implying Discovery is shit?

Outside of the mediocre writing, the dialog system of fallout 4 was better than Skyrim in almost every way. Being able to ignore the NPCs Bethesda loves to put at the entrance of every town that force you into dialog is an improvement. Also not having to constantly rotate the camera to hear when two npcs have a conversation like in Skyrim was nice too, shame about the rest of the system though.

Who knows ghouls have always been inconsistent, they went from purely irradiated humans(FO1), to atmospheric FEV radiation mutatants(FO2) to back to purely radiation in FO3 forward. In FO1 Necropolis dies quickly without water, but then in FO2 you can find Lenny's dad buried six feet under at Goglotha who claims to have been down there without food or water for 3 months and a dialog only ghouls sleeps in a coffin for anywhere between a month to 11 years until the player wakes him. Vanburen was going to have endless walkers which were maddened ghouls whose skin turned to leather from being exposed to the sun for years.

Considering all the ghouls you find in sealed locations in Fallout 4 are laying on the ground and only "activate" when you alert them I just chalk it up that ghouls can lower their metabolism to statis like levels, it explains all the ghoul fuckery from 2 foward.

Attached: 1520344822095.jpg (1280x856, 820K)

Attached: Harland Ghoul.webm (1280x720, 1.49M)

yes but how do we know you're not a brain dead retard who is easily entertained?

Fallout 4 is JJ Abrams Star Trek.

It's fun if you don't think about it on any deeper level whatsoever.

It's trash. It lacks any sublety or the elements from its predecessors. It's a bad star trek series and a bad series in its own right

>to atmospheric FEV radiation mutatants(FO2)
Are you sure you're not just thinking of Harold?

Fallout 4 had really good action, kinda bummed that they dumbed down the conversation, but I loved the verticality you got in the city, and holy fuck I was psyched going into the irradiated sea in my power armour

Old Hunters for best quality but you won't get as much time out of it

>that fucking pic
I hate how far we have fallen.
video games peaked with deus ex

>he unironically likes the combat

Attached: 1466348217836.webm (1048x500, 1.72M)

Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle.

The world makes even less sense, and is way more memey.

the shooting is terrible, same floaty bullet sponge shit as their other games. so is most of the character, weapon, and armor customization. in most cases weapons and armor have one upgrade that's much better than all the others and some skills are mandatory unless you want to play a completely gimped character meaning no matter what character you try to build you will always be picking those skills and enough stats to get them.

the dumb hipsters that saw a lewis gun and thought it belonged in fallout 4

Attached: 27739-1517788025-803678152.png (1920x1080, 1.9M)

i think the best way to include things in video games is by not studying how they work

Attached: 1470758400297.webm (854x480, 675K)

Attached: 1473372322608.webm (960x540, 1.43M)

has anyone played the VR verison?

Everyone ITT is an idiot.

I am a gunlet, what is this soppsed to show?

I mean as long as it works there's no need to explain why or how

Attached: Institute_weapons_concept_art.png (1536x2044, 2.83M)

it's horrible and the optimization is god awful

1 round fired, proceeds to reload 5 extra

fuck the lore

Attached: Fallout 4 chems.jpg (1280x1440, 329K)

Attached: 1475233089208.jpg (1068x1422, 879K)

As much as I do like 4 it has some serious immersion breaking issues. The kid in the fridge being the most notable, but then you have pre-war items and weapons in areas that were supposed to have been sealed off since before the war, fucking THOUSANDS of intact skeletons found preserved in all manner of ridiculous positions after two hundred years and in one piece as if skeletons can hold themselves together when everything else has rotted away, and a shitload of buildings that are far too intact and unmolested after so much time while still containing pipe weapons and things from after the bombs fell.

Glad someone else on here likes fallout 4.

The game has it's problems, but most people just parrot shit they've heard, rather than dig in and find their own likes and gripes with the game.

Attached: 20180312004842_1.jpg (1920x1080, 336K)

What bothered me most about 4 was that they threw everything good and right about 3 right out window. Just look at the writing in The Pitt and Pointlook. The DLC stories seem to constantly out pace the main every time. And this even true in 4 with Far Harbor.

Attached: fallout__map_of_pre_war_america_by_okiir-d8xco45.jpg (1191x670, 142K)

This is a good point

>No Ron Perlman intro narration
>No tribals
>No prostitutes
>No traits
>No skills
It's not even a Fallout game.

Attached: Joshua Graham - tribes.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

You can level your stats

Attached: ScreenShot1.png (1920x1200, 1.11M)

why does mama murphy look like morgan freeman?

user, just fucking stop, alright? Fallout 4 is a disaster, its an step backwards in every sense from Fallout 3 and specially New Vegas.

Right out of the bat, the game is not even sure of what it wants to be. It wants to be an RPG, but it doens't offer any role-playing besides "shoot the bad guy", it wants to be a shooter, but it has to many filler between the shooting, it wants to be a Construction Sim, but it has barebones mechanics for it, it wants to be some sort of Diablo style dungeon crawler but it doesn't explore that beyond some basic legendary status monsters and weapons effects.

Apply some uninspired storyline that its just Fallout 3 with the role of its main characters reversed, worldbuilding that doesn't make any sense, recycled soundtrack and awfull user interface.

You have a game that its forgettable at its best and a franchise killer at its worse.

>3
>good and right

Attached: 1449855588906.jpg (815x500, 68K)

Ebin b8.

He tried to warn us all.

Attached: 1461138636654.png (1012x1080, 95K)

>remendously fun shoot and loot game
Sounds awful. and the fact they used the fallout brand for it is worse. Sounds like the starwars precuals

its a GAME. it doesnt have to be realistic or explain itself at all
again, its a GAME, meant for you to have fun and for entertainment purposes.
you fucking virgins should waste less time nitpicking GAMES and focus on getting girlfriends...
i FUCK girls everyday, because im not some loser ranting about a GAME in my moms basement everday. LOL.

>I will not rob you of a horrifying, painful, easily avoidable death. It's the least I can do as a friend.

so super mutant culture is literally orc culture and thus nigger culture

Attached: 1473213511737.png (450x577, 526K)

it was fixed in Broken Steel, I'm more upset you couldn't join the Enclave

>Fallout 3
>good

Attached: Fallout 3 Ladders.png (1069x915, 545K)

>it was fixed in a DLC you had to pay for

Attached: 1475569504069.jpg (2448x3264, 678K)

>FEV
How did Vault-Tec ever acquire FEV? I'm surprised it was never mentioned anywhere in the original games.

Attached: fallout timeline.png (909x583, 39K)

>dumb it down for me please
can you really role with 1 intell?
I miss fallout 1&2 where if you rolled with 1 intell all your dialog choices were like
1. Huuuu
2. Duhhhh.
3 wahhhhh.
and people in game would comment on how dumb you were.
Games should force balance/trade off or not have stats at all

Attached: welcometoCM.jpg (350x403, 75K)

tribals are fucking stupid.

And there are skills. Actually play a game before complaining about it sometime you massive fucking retard.