myabandonware.com/game/wizardry-bane-of-the-cosmic-forge-12k
myabandonware.com/game/dungeon-master-n0

Connor Hughes
Connor Hughes

Isn't 5 enough?

Attached: untitled.png (25 KB, 239x211)

Jason Jones
Jason Jones

If we'd stopped at 5 Final Fantasy games we wouldn't have gotten the best ones.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (191 KB, 1000x566)

Anthony White
Anthony White

Attached: bA1z4AU.png (94 KB, 640x444)

Colton Myers
Colton Myers

I would rather have a new one on the 3DS than the switch. The DS/3DS were perfect for this series with the dedicated touchscreen mapping.

Ryder Perry
Ryder Perry

EO thread
no image posting

You manage to disappoint me even more every day.

Attached: 1519826277854.png (724 KB, 707x1000)

Luke Gutierrez
Luke Gutierrez

2 years
More importantly, where's the new game

Attached: 1505586946670.jpg (758 KB, 1024x1024)

Daniel Morgan
Daniel Morgan

You are in the library studying for your exams with your friends when suddenly some asshole pokes the flower on your desk. What do?

Austin Morales
Austin Morales

Forgot pic

Attached: EO4-Muskoid.png (338 KB, 421x490)

Logan Murphy
Logan Murphy

eo5
having fun and enjoying myself
suddenly some random crystal dragon absolutely floors me and has been gatekeeping me from playing more for two weeks

What's with this kind of huge difficulty spike?

Camden Carter
Camden Carter

5's bosses are really weird in that they're either plain sailing or hard as balls depending on your comp
some advice: he changes his resistances with his phase, so he's weak to elemental attacks in one phase and weak to physical in the other. Also he nukes your party when you start using too many buffs

Brody Davis
Brody Davis

n3v3r 3v3r

Alexander Kelly
Alexander Kelly

EO is garbage. There are hundreds of better blobbers out there. Stop being retarded and play something else.

John Barnes
John Barnes

But 5 was the best Final Fantasy

Colton Morgan
Colton Morgan

Hey guys I really like game, can we have a game thread?
Fucking RETARD, stop liking game, play other game instead

Henry Powell
Henry Powell

Ok, help me here. I want to finally play V but I haven't played since the demo because I got burnt out of RPGs, the problem is that I like most classes so is really hard to decide on a team.

So far I'm considering Pugilist/Dragoon/Necromancer, but Fencer, Harbinger, Warlock, Masurao and Herbalist are also really cute with the color palettes I chose. I really want to keep a healer but I'm not sure if Dragoon's bunkers shoukd be good, then there's the fact that D and N would be sharing pet slots. I'm completely undecided. What were the teams you used during your playthroughs?

Attached: 1504287155862.jpg (291 KB, 1164x1732)

Carter Thomas
Carter Thomas

I finally made it to the 20th floor this week in EO1 DS, and I was not expecting how many FOEs there would be. It's even worse that some or all aggro when you fight them. Wasn't too happy with the story railroading you into mass genocide of possibly neutral/innocent sub-humans but I'm hoping there is a twist that'll make it worth it. Last note:

Think you can speedrun floor
go straight to Black FOE
Beat it before any other FOE shows up
It respawns immediately while you're surrounded by FOEs

Also, why have weapon/armor prices shot up from 4k to 50k.

Mason Sanders
Mason Sanders

Yes that boss is hard but it's not as bad as the boss of the third stratum in EO2U.
To defeat it, I grinded two levels to be level 50 and I made most of my party members equip rings that make them resist sleep. He can inflict other ailments but sleep was the most common with it's cry attack.

Adrian Brown
Adrian Brown

How would mapping even work?

Kevin Lopez
Kevin Lopez

Minimap expands to full screen.

The Switch has a touch screen user.

Blake Howard
Blake Howard

Fucking RETARD, stop liking game, play other game instead
Yes. That is exactly what I'm saying.

Gavin Turner
Gavin Turner

You have to kill every single one of those FOEs to stop the boss from respawning
The worst part is that if you keep going back to the inn to heal you'll pass too much time and the FOEs will start respawning, so you have to use the fountain in the dungeon instead
I'm hoping there is a twist that'll make it worth it
There's a twist alright

Attached: hopeman.jpg (10 KB, 298x169)

Jackson Powell
Jackson Powell

I understand it has a touch screen. But the whole advantage of having on the ds was able to map and walk at the same time. You cant do that

Jacob Diaz
Jacob Diaz

There is nothing wrong with random encounters

Attached: 1520663439261.jpg (85 KB, 658x652)

Blake Ross
Blake Ross

Easy just have it require you to use your phone to map it while you're walking, just like how you had to use your phone for voice chat. :^)

Gavin Scott
Gavin Scott

Etrian Odyssey without a 3/DS just isnt the same. We need FOE Hunter, Fighting Odyssey: Etria, Etrian Dance: Warping All Night.

Evan Lopez
Evan Lopez

Never

Daniel Clark
Daniel Clark

Necro wants the 3 summon slot to be optimal. But you can play Dragoon without bunkers, in fact cannon dragoon is better than bunker dragoon.
But don't worry too much, most party composition are viable to use in the main game so pick what you want and reclass/replace latter if necessary.

The team I used in my playthrough is: Fencer/Pugilist, Warlock/Herbalist/Necromancer. Also my warlock is a shaman reclassed because I prefered the brouni portrait.

Ryder Rogers
Ryder Rogers

even when port begging
F.O.E!

Cooper Barnes
Cooper Barnes

port
I want EO3U dummy

Gavin James
Gavin James

I can agree as the game at least gives you an indicator how likely you'll encounter an enemy after a certain amount of steps, makes having to navigate around FOEs more dangerous and require the player to think more, and makes field skills more useful if there weren't random encounters.

Christopher Myers
Christopher Myers

Post cool shotas.

Caleb Evans
Caleb Evans

Worst thing about 2u bosses were that they followed a formula, so after x attacks they would do that attack, and followup on z. Boring bosses that required trail and error

Jeremiah Richardson
Jeremiah Richardson

Etrian Odyssey WiiU when?

Josiah Parker
Josiah Parker

We're getting PQ2 and another EO on 3DS.

Zachary Miller
Zachary Miller

This is my backliner in EO2
He's really fucking slow and can't hit anything
Say something nice about him

Attached: 2-gunner-portraits.jpg (102 KB, 429x826)

Noah Garcia
Noah Garcia

The only bad thing about the WiiU was that they called it the WiiU. I'll wait for it until the Switch eShop dies.

Kevin Lewis
Kevin Lewis

So it basically becomes another vita styled DRPG clone.
Meh.

Xavier Wilson
Xavier Wilson

the switch has a touch screen
You can still draw
And besides that it'll still be a solid crawler

Camden White
Camden White

Fuck 2U bosses. Fuck 2U in general. They made them unnecessarily hard with the cores and assist bullshit. Fuck the dragons to hell, and fuck Ur-Child, worst boss I have ever fought in my life.

Jonathan Kelly
Jonathan Kelly

I think the 50k stuff is unlocked through conditional drops and are significantly better than what you'll have access to over the next few floors.

Christian Lee
Christian Lee

I kind of wished Hall of Shadows had another floor before you finally fought the boss, not only because I really liked the atmosphere, and challenge provided from enemy encounters and the navigating the dungeon, but also so that your party would be more at level with the boss with less grinding required.

Adrian Perry
Adrian Perry

whats the best Etrian Odyssey game

Isaac Richardson
Isaac Richardson

Aiden Hill
Aiden Hill

Carson Walker
Carson Walker

not an untold

Eli Brooks
Eli Brooks

Etrian Odyssey will die with the 3DS.

Unless it goes to PC or Mobile.

Brody Nelson
Brody Nelson

Can't you take off half her health and get a back attack with the ice blocks? That takes out a lot of the effort.
Ur-Child
Fun fact: there's a way to make the Ur-Child in vanilla 2 even worse than it is in 2U.

Levi Campbell
Levi Campbell

Vita also has a touch screen, and it's literally exactly what you described in structure and it's what almost every (decent) Vita DRPG is man. Have you ever even touched a Vita DRPG?

Robert Clark
Robert Clark

Personally, I think 4 is the best game.

William Watson
William Watson

I haven't even touched a vita
I don't know any that let you draw the map though

Daniel Price
Daniel Price

Fighting him at night, I know. But to be fair I couldn't beat him in original 2 because my team comp was too hyper offensive and lacked Medic and Protector.

Austin Sanders
Austin Sanders

Not 4

Dominic Ramirez
Dominic Ramirez

U2

Joseph Taylor
Joseph Taylor

I have only played 4, but I really do love it. I'm also currently starting U1. I also liked PQ.

Alexander Lopez
Alexander Lopez

no EOU3
that made me sad.

Bentley Reed
Bentley Reed

There's a bunch that have it set to auto on default, but like you said, it's basically minimaps that you can pull out every two seconds if you choose to instead of automapping. Not all of them have the option to manually do it but a fair number do.
It's essentially the same shit as you described, so EO would just be another game like all the other handheld DRPGs not on DS/3DS.

Caleb Robinson
Caleb Robinson

3 or U1,U2 has some horrible decisions like buffing bosses hp,Making force skills a must and punishing you if you had a party that didn't have certain forces skill with instakill bullshit

Caleb Sanders
Caleb Sanders

Couldn't they just split the switch screen down the middle with one half being the map and add a border or something to make up for the difference? I know it wouldn't work at all for docked mode, but it doesn't need to

Attached: ゴゴthinkingゴゴ.jpg (21 KB, 496x488)

John Flores
John Flores

Can't you take off half her health and get a back attack with the ice blocks? That takes out a lot of the effort.
Of course I did that. When a boss have a puzzle involved, the normal way to fight the boss is doing the puzzle, if you don't you basically put a handicap on yourself.
But even then I found the boss incredibly hard.

Jace Reyes
Jace Reyes

Yeah, that's what I've suggested in past threads, Idk if the Switch can actually work turned heightwise, but that was what I was hoping it could do.

Ryder Peterson
Ryder Peterson

You can have vertical screens. It would be a hassle but still cool.

Jaxon Butler
Jaxon Butler

How essential is the usage of grimoire stones in U1? I'm playing story mode so my party composition might be limited and I do see said stones be a way to remedy my limitations, but at the same time I'm kind of reluctant to invest time to optimize stones a bit.

Caleb Wilson
Caleb Wilson

Post top tier etrians only

Attached: 1475161535874.png (312 KB, 800x733)

Cameron Howard
Cameron Howard

I've definitely seen a webm of someone doing that
Don't know the game though
Not essential, if you don't feel like grinding for good ones then just fuse and equip what you have

Andrew Young
Andrew Young

Not essential, but they're retarded strong if you spend the time on them.

Bentley Cox
Bentley Cox

If true, then there's hope yet for the series, I sure hope it is because I'd actually be pretty happy with that, and I've been generally against it otherwise.
I'll still treasure the 3DS/DS titles though.

Cameron Garcia
Cameron Garcia

etrian odyssey without dual screens
That sounds awful.

Caleb Morris
Caleb Morris

Grimoires ruined the remakes because of how necessary they are and how random they appear. 2U fixed them but they're still required to properly survive the broken postgame bosses.

Dancer best Etrian.

Attached: 1501810971194m.jpg (68 KB, 1024x757)

Tyler Torres
Tyler Torres

Attached: sleepy.png (658 KB, 1000x1500)

Ian Diaz
Ian Diaz

Attached: 10787538-p0.jpg (537 KB, 900x1200)

Oliver Brooks
Oliver Brooks

There is nothing wrong with random encounters
But there is. Are you really saying its not more satisfying to wipe out an entire area? And for all the FOE dicksucking, you'd think the idea of having enemies on a physical plane that require you to plan ahead and make positioning a part of combat would be appealing to you guys. MM, Wiz8, DM, and LoL all did it better. Its just shitty outdated game design.

Grayson Richardson
Grayson Richardson

Is Legend of Grimrock 1/2 better than Etrian Odyssey?

Attached: grimrock.jpg (525 KB, 1920x1080)

Owen Turner
Owen Turner

Grimoires are necessary

I've done grimoireless expert runs of both games, get gud

Ayden Lopez
Ayden Lopez

Attached: Landsknetch-(male).jpg (804 KB, 800x1119)

Daniel Miller
Daniel Miller

EO's encounters are not even random, you have an indicator that shows you if you're entering into a battle soon, and the encounter rate also changes depending on the areas you explore. That helps a lot so you can manage your walking distance, when to heal or if you're safe enough to reach the stairs instead of using a thread.

Logan Sanchez
Logan Sanchez

Meh. 1 is a literal mobile game. There are better places to go for stuff like Grimrock, but its definitely closer to be something good than EO is.

Justin Reyes
Justin Reyes

EFOHEE
EFOHEE
HARBLGARBLDAIJOUBUYEAH
EFOHEE

I should probably go back and play etrian odyssey at some point. I keep starting it, getting to like floor 2, then just stopping. It gets so fucking grindy.

Nathan Bailey
Nathan Bailey

They're pretty different beasts.
EO is more Wizardry-influenced while Grimrock takes a lot more from things like Dungeon Master.

Christopher Evans
Christopher Evans

U1
anything but trash
lmao

Dominic Roberts
Dominic Roberts

You still get a randomly generated encounter every X amount of steps. Its not even remotely similar to what I'm describing. I'd also even argue that it is a step backwards as it makes the game even more about autism and less about dungeon crawling, because you aren't really planning for unknown dangers.

Lucas Hughes
Lucas Hughes

U2 has some horrible decisions like buffing bosses hp
Ah yes I sure do miss every single boss being a gigantic glass cannon.

Adrian Diaz
Adrian Diaz

They're not comparable.

Jordan Walker
Jordan Walker

LoL

Attached: bully-the-bunny.gif (500 KB, 160x195)

Bentley Fisher
Bentley Fisher

Considering they said the next 3DS game is the last with mapping on two screens (which is gonna have so much to the point where you'll be sick of it apparently), do you guys think through series would continue as a 7th Dragon 2020 "reboot?"

Attached: 1468310697098.jpg (331 KB, 1280x1812)

Jack Edwards
Jack Edwards

Bunnies are the best thing to happen to Etrian in a long time.

Attached: 65732211-p23.jpg (242 KB, 579x816)

Dylan Kelly
Dylan Kelly

you know god damned well he means legaia, faggot.

Matthew Young
Matthew Young

playing LoG on mobile
yeah that must be fucking awful, GTA SA is a mobile game too since it's on mobile

Nolan Miller
Nolan Miller

When is she coming back?

Attached: the-best-eo-girl.jpg (90 KB, 700x900)

Thomas Gutierrez
Thomas Gutierrez

Scout out dungeon
Find out there are some enemies that resist physical attacks but are weak to elements
You always have the option to runaway from fights
Enemy formations are unique per floor in the dungeon so you don't have to expect too much deviation
Bring a mage with you next time
This somehow doesn't count as you preparing for fights

Oliver Hughes
Oliver Hughes

youtu.be/DEuZyErYlAU
he didn't rescue patrick stewart

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360)

Carson Rogers
Carson Rogers

I didn't, my apologies.

Josiah Hughes
Josiah Hughes

It needs to be modernized along with moving away from first person view so we can see the characters in battle and above all else, there has to be more empathization on the girls. Nothing against the guys, they can stay but most people pick the girls so I would like, if they still continue story character parties, for them to be at least mainly girls and only 1 or 2 guys and for us to get some romance scenes and an affection gauge, nothing too lewd just on the level of the recent fire emblem games should be enough

Bentley Ward
Bentley Ward

My point was 'there is nothing wrong with them', you're acting like the game is ruined by them
With random encounters, rather than planning ahead you need to adjust and react to what gets thrown your way, while FOEs and your resource management need you to plan ahead

Henry Thompson
Henry Thompson

*Breaks your game*

Attached: LINKLINKLINKLINK.jpg (122 KB, 591x959)

Kayden Sullivan
Kayden Sullivan

because you aren't really planning for unknown dangers

What are you talking about? That is the whole concept of EO, going into a labyrinth as better prepared as possible because you're told by everyone how dangerous it can be. It would be way more frustrating if the game had true random encounters considering how hard hitting the monsters are in all the stratums.

Chase Martin
Chase Martin

implying you can just swap out classes like that without massive grinding
although you do have things like elemental jars and bind/ailment items

Isaiah Sanders
Isaiah Sanders

Sure. I like the settings they've done, particularly 3's, but I'm not married to them. If they do go this route, I'd prefer it to be a little more interesting than modern-day Tokyo.

Never. Next game isn't 3U and she got shafted for twin-tails.

Attached: monk2.jpg (491 KB, 1024x768)

Ethan Jones
Ethan Jones

This somehow doesn't count as you preparing for fights
No, it really doesn't. You are 'planning' (autistically doing the obvious things the game wants you to do) before you even enter the floor. You aren't constantly preparing yourself for unexpected and incalculable danger.

Carter Bennett
Carter Bennett

yeah that must be fucking awful, GTA SA is a mobile game too since it's on mobile
LoG 1 was made to be a mobile game.

Kevin Robinson
Kevin Robinson

Never. Next game isn't 3U and she got shafted for twin-tails.
Fuck please don't remind me.

Luke Myers
Luke Myers

2020 was a mistake
VFD was even worse
I'll drop the series like a rock if they go down that route

Blake Johnson
Blake Johnson

The fact that party members could still gain experience while stationed at fortresses was one of my favorite improvements in the Mystery Dungeon game.

Joshua Kelly
Joshua Kelly

how so, the game requires you to move around enemies while attacking, without buttons that sounds like a terrible thing to accomplish with touchscreens

Ethan Allen
Ethan Allen

Really? I found the Landsknetch to really fall off after the 2nd dungeon and become pretty mediocre. You have better damage dealers like Bushi, Runemasters, Imperials, and possibly Nightseekers, and Nightseeker can do the link job better due to being the fastest class and not having to rely on vanguard as much.

Parker Edwards
Parker Edwards

So you're telling me that when I found out about status inflictors being more common in the 2nd maze in 4, and I had to switch one of my guys to a dancer I occasionally used, that was just autism?

Christopher King
Christopher King

What games? You didn't post any.

Dylan Young
Dylan Young

EO4 had the cutest girls in the series. Bandanashark is a blessing.

The hell are you talking about. What's so autistic about planning beforehand? You prepare yourself both before entering the labyrinth and before a "random" encounter all the time, you know the monsters are really strong so you have to take all the precautions before other unlucky losers ended as rat or bird food. You're constantly taking risks when you decide not to heal after a battle and probably ending on a back attack, or trying to reach the stairs to the next floor instead of using a thread to go back to town. Have you even played the games?

Attached: 1468193245732.png (173 KB, 471x710)

Charles Campbell
Charles Campbell

Don't worry, Atlus can make good rpgs no matter the sub genre. 7th Dragon was always mediocre

Parker Stewart
Parker Stewart

how so, the game requires you to move around enemies while attacking, without buttons that sounds like a terrible thing to accomplish with touchscreens
It works flawlessly of mobile, but again it has the depth you'd expect from a mobile game. LoG 2 is better because they dropped that crowd, but its still a baby-tier RPG.

Samuel Harris
Samuel Harris

Not that user but the Land/Runecaster Link build is used for superbosses

Aiden Foster
Aiden Foster

A lot less than Arcanists

Matthew Rogers
Matthew Rogers

Dude, Linkshark team is stupidly strong in EO4. Pair her with a Dancer/Nightseeker and a Runemaster and just sit and watch how they melt bosses in less than 5 turns.

Josiah Phillips
Josiah Phillips

I want another game, but I think V being what it was shows that perhaps the creative drive behind the games is stagnating a little The drop off in events and build up after 3rd stratum shows. It's a solid game, but its quite a shame.

I have no doubt improved hardware means they would be able to build on certain mechanics or improve one aspect or another to bypass 3ds limitations, but I'm not really sure what they could do aside prettier graphics if it means sacrificing mapping possibly.

Attached: 10016225-p0.jpg (218 KB, 1000x1218)

Dylan Russell
Dylan Russell

after 3rd stratum
4th still had a bunch
It's 6th having absolutely zero which is criminal
They said they'd improve on that in the new game though
I'd like to know why it's not a numbered entry if it's apparently so similar to mainline though

Lucas Roberts
Lucas Roberts

Nope, run imperialists instead and kill super bosses in like 2 turns

Michael Powell
Michael Powell

I understand with rune guidance and with bosses, it's just that they're so mediocre in enemy encounters which are the majority of the fights you'll see and due to that they'll likely fall off behind in exp if you're using more than 5 people in a playthrough. Imperials, Bushi, Runemasters, Arcanist and Nightseekers dish out damage in enemy encounters more reliably due to not having expend a turn at first and require some help from your other guys. Improved link should have been a passive/support hybrid imo.

Samuel Bell
Samuel Bell

I'd like to know why it's not a numbered entry
What are they calling it?

Leo Edwards
Leo Edwards

No clue, it's just not 6 or 3U
They hyped up a reveal stream then gave everyone the tiniest sliver of information and told us to wait for spring

Attached: DAtSY8-XgAEsmCq.jpg (23 KB, 355x369)

Mason Garcia
Mason Garcia

Lands of Lore
myabandonware.com/game/lands-of-lore-the-throne-of-chaos-22t
Golden era Westwood Studios. Save Patrick Stewart from an evil witch lady. Compact well designed maps and puzzles. Real time combat.
MM3-8
pastebin.com/6G9B1cMA
High velocity heavy impact rape combat versus hordes of monsters, huge maps with puzzles. 6-8 has very interesting dungeon design.
Wizardry 6-8
myabandonware.com/game/wizardry-bane-of-the-cosmic-forge-12k
Deep combat, tough as nails.
Dungeon Master
myabandonware.com/game/dungeon-master-n0
Real time combat, autistic puzzles.

Good places to start.

Attached: elric-of-melnibone-cover-recolor-by-cene801-d5pu3rf.png (1.12 MB, 709x1076)

Connor Garcia
Connor Garcia

No one knows. All they've said is that it's a culmination of the series, it's not untold nor mainline and it would be revealed in the spring, so soonish

Colton Martinez
Colton Martinez

Are you really saying its not more satisfying to wipe out an entire area?

I honestly don't know a single game where that kind of thing is satisfying.

Jaxon Gomez
Jaxon Gomez

By experience, link team works perfectly against random encounters too. My team back then was Landshneckt-Dancer-Fortress / Runemaster-Arcanist and they pulled through all the way to Warped Savior with ease. 6th stratum was a cakewalk with how well balanced and strong the team was at that point.

Connor Ward
Connor Ward

What's so autistic about planning beforehand?
Because you are barely playing the game once you enter the dungeon. As long as you know rotations and make the necessary preparations you can pretty much put your brain on autopilot. You have to remember these games are based on Wizardry 1-3 which were interesting because you could get raped out of nowhere at any second. Its a dungeon crawler. Where is the danger? Where is the sense of adventure?

Leo Parker
Leo Parker

I did a link build with Jumpei on Persona Q pretty fun.

Christian Parker
Christian Parker

why is Hexer canonically nude?

Thomas Baker
Thomas Baker

Gothic, Divine Divinity, Lands of Lore, King's Bounty, Dungeon Siege, Might and Magic, etc. etc.

Cameron Carter
Cameron Carter

Persona Q2 when?

Alexander Wright
Alexander Wright

As long as you know rotations and make the necessary preparations you can pretty much put your brain on autopilot.

This is how I know you haven't played the games at all.

Attached: 1477761001875.jpg (94 KB, 872x685)

Luke Edwards
Luke Edwards

well it's pretty inevitable at this point. EO was intentionally made for a dual screen system and the 3DS is nearing the end of it's lifespan.

They could have done something with the Wii U but it's too late for something like that to happen.

Julian Morris
Julian Morris

it's bad because you aren't planning beforehand
Are you saying you just twiddle your thumbs when in town after dying and completely forget what killed you and how to deal with it next time?
it's bad because you're planning too hard and there's no danger or unpredictability
Are you acting like you can't still get raped by encounters, especially when you don't know what they're about to do?

Attached: thinking.png (12 KB, 200x200)

Christopher Scott
Christopher Scott

This is how I know you haven't played the games at all.
I have played 2 of them to completion.

Tyler Bennett
Tyler Bennett

The lack of clothes is proportional to the effectiveness of the hexes. Reason why loli Necro is the strongest.

Attached: 1505435757854.jpg (90 KB, 800x600)

Adrian Butler
Adrian Butler

It'd be a literal Wizardry clone on the Switch. You need the touch screen to actively be mapping for it to be EO, otherwise it's just a first person dungoen crawler.

Though if they changed the series' name a little along with implementing automap only, and focusing on combat, maybe it'd still be okay.

Landon Ortiz
Landon Ortiz

nobody gives a fuck about drawing your faggot ass autistic maps except you autists, that's why none of the Vita DRPGs have that as "feature" because it's tedious and boring as fuck.

Camden Carter
Camden Carter

Nobody likes this feature
You're not voicing everyone

Juan Sanders
Juan Sanders

Is it too much to ask for Untold 3?

It'd be wired not having the whole lot on 3ds

Attached: 1520647183092.gif (60 KB, 434x434)

Kevin Murphy
Kevin Murphy

Well us autists are the only ones playing EO and literally no one is playing vita DRPG

Parker Clark
Parker Clark

Fuck off.

Attached: 1515895435857.png (165 KB, 417x578)

William Lewis
William Lewis

You need the touch screen to actively be mapping for it to be EO
I will buy a cardboard robot costume for my soytch, but grid paper and a pencil is asking too much

Attached: DXHiK59W4AUDCi7.jpg (82 KB, 936x527)

Evan Jones
Evan Jones

Who the fuck mentioned nintendo cardboard?

Jace Brooks
Jace Brooks

Maybe we could get a sequel to The Dark Spire.

Lucas Martinez
Lucas Martinez

And yet the EXP drpgs on vita sell well enough for NISA to bring them over on a yearly, even biyearly basis.

Liam Taylor
Liam Taylor

I'm just saying you're a little fuckboy millennial that needs a touchscreen for literally everything for some inexplicable reason. You got a problem with that?

Attached: clipboard-grid-paper-1708212.jpg (85 KB, 600x900)

Nathaniel Cooper
Nathaniel Cooper

I'd like Lands of Lore more if it wasn't real time.
I started Wizardry 6 the other day, but getting raped by a pack of ninjas out of nowhere really pissed me off.
Still have to try M&M (played a little bit of the first one).
Also playing Wizardry V on my Vita is super comfy, that one is really fun.

Jacob Jenkins
Jacob Jenkins

You do realize one of EO's biggest gimmicks was the touch screen mapping right.

Jace Myers
Jace Myers

giving shitposters the time of day

Jackson Lee
Jackson Lee

You're missing the point, EO was created specifically to allow you to draw maps in-game rather than using paper and pencil.
They definitely could make a dungeon crawler for the switch, but it wouldn't be Etrian Odyssey.

James White
James White

touch screen mapping
gimmick
yeah, i play EO for the touch screen mapping!

Attached: dumb-whore.jpg (24 KB, 665x574)

Zachary Morales
Zachary Morales

We have the technology
Why not use it?

Landon Wood
Landon Wood

EO was created specifically to allow you to draw maps in-game rather than using paper and pencil
No user, the touch screen mapping was to justify being on the abortion that was nintendo's hardware. It is a step down from using grid paper. It is not advantageous to use that touch screen for mapping unless you are a 8 year old kid sitting in the back of mommy's car on a road trip. Grid paper is superior in every way.

Isaac Morris
Isaac Morris

I genuinely don't understand what point you're trying to come across with your post.

Jose Parker
Jose Parker

You could say the same about playing dungeon crawlers in the first place instead of tabletop

Evan Davis
Evan Davis

Shut up already.

Attached: 1337020289033.png (192 KB, 473x488)

Joseph Long
Joseph Long

How is grid paper supposed to tell me where I am in the map and where FOEs are?

Wyatt Brown
Wyatt Brown

There is a significant difference between a piece of paper and a table + friends. There is no time when a you can't use grid paper, but you could use a touch screen. The touch screen is not more convenient.

Alexander Campbell
Alexander Campbell

4 = 2U = 3

Landon Edwards
Landon Edwards

It is a step down from using grid paper
I completely disagree, using the touch screen allows for perfect mapping extremely quickly compared to graph paper, you don't have to set the game down in order to draw, and you don't end up with a scuffed up hard to read piece of paper by the end of a dungeon. The only better part about graph paper is being able to quickly write annotations and other notes, but even then the annotate feature in EO has an advantage in being able to embed the annotation inside a particular grid space.

Parker Thomas
Parker Thomas

How is grid paper supposed to tell me where I am in the map
You keep track of where you are on the map. It'll be like an actual adventure where you have to actually immerse yourself in the game!
FOEs
Those are lazy game design and need to go.

Dylan Clark
Dylan Clark

Having to move a piece on grid paper every time I change directions sounds tedious
FOEs are lazy game design
Excellent shitposting.

Henry Edwards
Henry Edwards

You don't draw out maps on separate pieces of paper for Final fantasy or whatever game do you? Do you plan your strategies for FE by first plotting the map down and use figurines and dice to act out battles?

Adam Hughes
Adam Hughes

you don't have to set the game down in order to draw
You need both hands to draw a tiny box? What are you even saying?
you don't end up with a scuffed up hard to read piece of paper
Oh so you're retarded. Carry on then.

Julian Murphy
Julian Murphy

Is the general finally dead till a new game comes out or is it still pointless image bumping? Because theres was 0 discussion on the general for months

Nathan Thomas
Nathan Thomas

Having to move a piece on grid paper every time I change directions

Attached: 911.jpg (19 KB, 500x375)

Angel Robinson
Angel Robinson

You can't just let a general die

Ryan Kelly
Ryan Kelly

You don't draw out maps on separate pieces of paper for Final fantasy
thats a shit game and i will not play it
whatever game
Yes, there are many games I have used grid paper for. That is how people used to play these types of games.

Jaxon Perry
Jaxon Perry

Maybe there'd be more discussing if they posted Anko no Erohon 3 [English]. I've been waiting for 4.5 years and still nothing. I know it's there I saw it.

Owen Reed
Owen Reed

whatever game meaning video games. You don't.

Sebastian Williams
Sebastian Williams

pirated EO4
enjoyed it at first
got bored some time during the 3rd stratum and quit
I like the map features and all, but traditional turn-based combat is such a turn-off.

pic unrelated

Attached: 1484505903694.png (1.15 MB, 1200x900)

Liam Martin
Liam Martin

It's a smooth substitute and the only feasible option for a modern non-PC crawler without just throwing any semblance of it out the window.
It's really the best digitally integrated grid mapping system within a DRPG like this.

Charles Ward
Charles Ward

One thing I wished the mapping feature had was a larger character limit. I don't know how many times I had to lay down two notes adjacent to each other awkwardly, just to make one note.

Christian Hall
Christian Hall

keep saying I'm gonna finish an EO for once
get frustrated after an hour and just fap to doujins instead

It's a vicious cycle.

Attached: 003.jpg (128 KB, 344x745)

Daniel Cox
Daniel Cox

I see a nipple

Jacob Ramirez
Jacob Ramirez

whatever game meaning video games. You don't.
What? That's how blobbers and interactive fiction used to be played. How do you think people played Wizardry?

Jaxson Reyes
Jaxson Reyes

You can. General are there when theres too much to discuss and requires many threads. EO general cant even add up a thread worth of discussion. A general can be brought back when discussion is at top speed and need a general for it to keep up around a few hours. Not bumping it with images for literelly days.

Austin Martin
Austin Martin

everyone else does it though

Brayden Moore
Brayden Moore

Those don't have maps in-game which is the point we're talking about. We're regressing they remove it.

Angel Adams
Angel Adams

It's okay, that's a man.

William Garcia
William Garcia

Doesn't seem to be leaking here and with all the shitty memes that they've picked up lately it seems like it's only a handful of them just sperging it up on /vg/ only

Matthew Parker
Matthew Parker

It's only regressing if it's removing an improvement. Touch screen/auto-mapping is just extreme dumbing down.

Jaxon Cox
Jaxon Cox

But they have some sort of constant discussion. EO literelly has nothing left to discuss. Is just muh waifu this and that with image bumps because even they cant keep up the waifu posting

Luke Martinez
Luke Martinez

KSG have been at it for 7 FUCKING YEARS with a single shitty, entry level as fuck poor excuse for a VN

Adam Baker
Adam Baker

It was making use of all the space and it worked.

David Torres
David Torres

I've literally never made a mistake while graphing hundreds of tiny squares by hand
Yep, I'm a retard.

Adam Morales
Adam Morales

It was making use of all the space
Okay, but this started over the Switch, potentially the series new home, not having that space. And there is nothing wrong with that. Having the touch screen does not make EO special. Its just a shitty substitute for grid paper welded onto your handheld. But no developer will have the balls to release a game on a nintendo platform without obscene amounts of handholding so I'm sure they will figure something out. Probably just a map in the corner of the screen or something.

Jacob Perry
Jacob Perry

Checked. Quads confirm you are a retard.

Brandon Morris
Brandon Morris

which at that point is no longer EO. That is the defining trait of it.

Jaxon Moore
Jaxon Moore

So nintendo will make the correct decision to ruin it because people are too dumb to use grid paper, as this thread has demonstrated.

Jace Barnes
Jace Barnes

Don't bother he's just shitposting.

Samuel Miller
Samuel Miller

tfw playing Mary Skelter on my vita and really wishing I could draw on the map
its just not the same with automapping when you cant label important things on your map

Liam Cox
Liam Cox

Why do they move back and forth like some kind of dance? Is it autism?

Attached: Trip-Mushroom.png (2 KB, 43x49)

Leo Adams
Leo Adams

floors are so huge that the map becomes microscopic when you try to view the entire thing at once
they don't just add more floors to make the dungeon longer
Idea Factory does this shit all the time

Juan Miller
Juan Miller

that too, I hate having to zoom out constantly

Ethan Cook
Ethan Cook

still can't play mary skelter because homebrew has me at 3.60
RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE I BOUGHT THE FUCKING GAME LET ME PLAY IT SONY YOU FUCKING CUNTS YOU DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THE VITA

Jose Edwards
Jose Edwards

Is it spring yet?

Attached: 1463914911256.jpg (759 KB, 1024x1453)

Thomas Rodriguez
Thomas Rodriguez

3.65 henkaku came out like monday fampai, go to /hbg/

Carter Perez
Carter Perez

Not till April

Attached: 58249803-p0.png (182 KB, 367x490)

Elijah Parker
Elijah Parker

I hope we get more dumb bunnies

Ayden Walker
Ayden Walker

see EO thread
it's just another stupid loli bait thread using superior eo girls which inevitably gets deleted
actual EO thread is dead by the time I find it

Every time

Jackson Wilson
Jackson Wilson

what's in spring?

Henry Carter
Henry Carter

Final game announcement

Aaron Morales
Aaron Morales

Seek advise from my silent but stoner classmate, run when that shit became literal.

Lucas Green
Lucas Green

final game of the series or just final game on 3ds?

Christian Jenkins
Christian Jenkins

On the 3DS, but that might as well be the end of the series

Charles Gomez
Charles Gomez

Attached: hexy.png (17 KB, 500x500)

Jaxon Walker
Jaxon Walker

Switch
Fuck that shit, Etrian Odyssey PS WHEN

Attached: 1507876838564.jpg (22 KB, 450x450)

Leo Sanders
Leo Sanders

EFF - OH - EE!
EFF - OH - EE!

Nicholas Johnson
Nicholas Johnson

Attached: 1467596394030.gif (1.25 MB, 500x281)

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit