Etrian Odyssey Switch WHEN???

Etrian Odyssey Switch WHEN???

Attached: iu[1].jpg (640x512, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DEuZyErYlAU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Isn't 5 enough?

Attached: untitled.png (239x211, 25K)

If we'd stopped at 5 Final Fantasy games we wouldn't have gotten the best ones.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1000x566, 191K)

Attached: bA1z4AU.png (640x444, 94K)

I would rather have a new one on the 3DS than the switch. The DS/3DS were perfect for this series with the dedicated touchscreen mapping.

>EO thread
>no image posting

You manage to disappoint me even more every day.

Attached: 1519826277854.png (707x1000, 724K)

2 years
More importantly, where's the new game

Attached: 1505586946670.jpg (1024x1024, 758K)

You are in the library studying for your exams with your friends when suddenly some asshole pokes the flower on your desk. What do?

Forgot pic

Attached: EO4_Muskoid.png (421x490, 338K)

>eo5
>having fun and enjoying myself
>suddenly some random crystal dragon absolutely floors me and has been gatekeeping me from playing more for two weeks

What's with this kind of huge difficulty spike?

5's bosses are really weird in that they're either plain sailing or hard as balls depending on your comp
some advice: he changes his resistances with his phase, so he's weak to elemental attacks in one phase and weak to physical in the other. Also he nukes your party when you start using too many buffs

n3v3r 3v3r

EO is garbage. There are hundreds of better blobbers out there. Stop being retarded and play something else.

But 5 was the best Final Fantasy

>Hey guys I really like game, can we have a game thread?
>Fucking RETARD, stop liking game, play other game instead

Ok, help me here. I want to finally play V but I haven't played since the demo because I got burnt out of RPGs, the problem is that I like most classes so is really hard to decide on a team.

So far I'm considering Pugilist/Dragoon/Necromancer, but Fencer, Harbinger, Warlock, Masurao and Herbalist are also really cute with the color palettes I chose. I really want to keep a healer but I'm not sure if Dragoon's bunkers shoukd be good, then there's the fact that D and N would be sharing pet slots. I'm completely undecided. What were the teams you used during your playthroughs?

Attached: 1504287155862.jpg (1164x1732, 291K)

I finally made it to the 20th floor this week in EO1 DS, and I was not expecting how many FOEs there would be. It's even worse that some or all aggro when you fight them. Wasn't too happy with the story railroading you into mass genocide of possibly neutral/innocent sub-humans but I'm hoping there is a twist that'll make it worth it. Last note:

>Think you can speedrun floor
>go straight to Black FOE
>Beat it before any other FOE shows up
>It respawns immediately while you're surrounded by FOEs

Also, why have weapon/armor prices shot up from 4k to 50k.

Yes that boss is hard but it's not as bad as the boss of the third stratum in EO2U.
To defeat it, I grinded two levels to be level 50 and I made most of my party members equip rings that make them resist sleep. He can inflict other ailments but sleep was the most common with it's cry attack.

How would mapping even work?

Minimap expands to full screen.

The Switch has a touch screen user.

>Fucking RETARD, stop liking game, play other game instead
Yes. That is exactly what I'm saying.

You have to kill every single one of those FOEs to stop the boss from respawning
The worst part is that if you keep going back to the inn to heal you'll pass too much time and the FOEs will start respawning, so you have to use the fountain in the dungeon instead
>I'm hoping there is a twist that'll make it worth it
There's a twist alright

Attached: hopeman.jpg (298x169, 10K)

I understand it has a touch screen. But the whole advantage of having on the ds was able to map and walk at the same time. You cant do that

There is nothing wrong with random encounters

Attached: 1520663439261.jpg (658x652, 85K)

Easy just have it require you to use your phone to map it while you're walking, just like how you had to use your phone for voice chat. :^)

Etrian Odyssey without a 3/DS just isnt the same. We need FOE Hunter, Fighting Odyssey: Etria, Etrian Dance: Warping All Night.

Never

Necro wants the 3 summon slot to be optimal. But you can play Dragoon without bunkers, in fact cannon dragoon is better than bunker dragoon.
But don't worry too much, most party composition are viable to use in the main game so pick what you want and reclass/replace latter if necessary.

The team I used in my playthrough is: Fencer/Pugilist, Warlock/Herbalist/Necromancer. Also my warlock is a shaman reclassed because I prefered the brouni portrait.

even when port begging
F.O.E!

>port
I want EO3U dummy

I can agree as the game at least gives you an indicator how likely you'll encounter an enemy after a certain amount of steps, makes having to navigate around FOEs more dangerous and require the player to think more, and makes field skills more useful if there weren't random encounters.

Post cool shotas.

Worst thing about 2u bosses were that they followed a formula, so after x attacks they would do that attack, and followup on z. Boring bosses that required trail and error

Etrian Odyssey WiiU when?

We're getting PQ2 and another EO on 3DS.

This is my backliner in EO2
He's really fucking slow and can't hit anything
Say something nice about him

Attached: 2-gunner_portraits.jpg (429x826, 102K)

The only bad thing about the WiiU was that they called it the WiiU. I'll wait for it until the Switch eShop dies.

So it basically becomes another vita styled DRPG clone.
Meh.

>the switch has a touch screen
You can still draw
And besides that it'll still be a solid crawler

Fuck 2U bosses. Fuck 2U in general. They made them unnecessarily hard with the cores and assist bullshit. Fuck the dragons to hell, and fuck Ur-Child, worst boss I have ever fought in my life.

I think the 50k stuff is unlocked through conditional drops and are significantly better than what you'll have access to over the next few floors.

I kind of wished Hall of Shadows had another floor before you finally fought the boss, not only because I really liked the atmosphere, and challenge provided from enemy encounters and the navigating the dungeon, but also so that your party would be more at level with the boss with less grinding required.

whats the best Etrian Odyssey game

not an untold

Etrian Odyssey will die with the 3DS.

Unless it goes to PC or Mobile.

Can't you take off half her health and get a back attack with the ice blocks? That takes out a lot of the effort.
>Ur-Child
Fun fact: there's a way to make the Ur-Child in vanilla 2 even worse than it is in 2U.

Vita also has a touch screen, and it's literally exactly what you described in structure and it's what almost every (decent) Vita DRPG is man. Have you ever even touched a Vita DRPG?

Personally, I think 4 is the best game.

I haven't even touched a vita
I don't know any that let you draw the map though

Fighting him at night, I know. But to be fair I couldn't beat him in original 2 because my team comp was too hyper offensive and lacked Medic and Protector.

Not 4

U2

I have only played 4, but I really do love it. I'm also currently starting U1. I also liked PQ.

>no EOU3
that made me sad.

There's a bunch that have it set to auto on default, but like you said, it's basically minimaps that you can pull out every two seconds if you choose to instead of automapping. Not all of them have the option to manually do it but a fair number do.
It's essentially the same shit as you described, so EO would just be another game like all the other handheld DRPGs not on DS/3DS.

3 or U1,U2 has some horrible decisions like buffing bosses hp,Making force skills a must and punishing you if you had a party that didn't have certain forces skill with instakill bullshit

Couldn't they just split the switch screen down the middle with one half being the map and add a border or something to make up for the difference? I know it wouldn't work at all for docked mode, but it doesn't need to

Attached: ゴゴthinkingゴゴ.jpg (496x488, 21K)

>Can't you take off half her health and get a back attack with the ice blocks? That takes out a lot of the effort.
Of course I did that. When a boss have a puzzle involved, the normal way to fight the boss is doing the puzzle, if you don't you basically put a handicap on yourself.
But even then I found the boss incredibly hard.

Yeah, that's what I've suggested in past threads, Idk if the Switch can actually work turned heightwise, but that was what I was hoping it could do.

You can have vertical screens. It would be a hassle but still cool.

How essential is the usage of grimoire stones in U1? I'm playing story mode so my party composition might be limited and I do see said stones be a way to remedy my limitations, but at the same time I'm kind of reluctant to invest time to optimize stones a bit.

Post top tier etrians only

Attached: 1475161535874.png (800x733, 312K)

I've definitely seen a webm of someone doing that
Don't know the game though
Not essential, if you don't feel like grinding for good ones then just fuse and equip what you have

Not essential, but they're retarded strong if you spend the time on them.

If true, then there's hope yet for the series, I sure hope it is because I'd actually be pretty happy with that, and I've been generally against it otherwise.
I'll still treasure the 3DS/DS titles though.

>etrian odyssey without dual screens
That sounds awful.

Grimoires ruined the remakes because of how necessary they are and how random they appear. 2U fixed them but they're still required to properly survive the broken postgame bosses.

Dancer best Etrian.

Attached: 1501810971194m.jpg (1024x757, 68K)

Attached: sleepy.png (1000x1500, 658K)

Attached: 10787538_p0.jpg (900x1200, 537K)

>There is nothing wrong with random encounters
But there is. Are you really saying its not more satisfying to wipe out an entire area? And for all the FOE dicksucking, you'd think the idea of having enemies on a physical plane that require you to plan ahead and make positioning a part of combat would be appealing to you guys. MM, Wiz8, DM, and LoL all did it better. Its just shitty outdated game design.

Is Legend of Grimrock 1/2 better than Etrian Odyssey?

Attached: grimrock.jpg (1920x1080, 525K)

>Grimoires are necessary

I've done grimoireless expert runs of both games, get gud

Attached: Landsknetch (male).jpg (800x1119, 804K)

EO's encounters are not even random, you have an indicator that shows you if you're entering into a battle soon, and the encounter rate also changes depending on the areas you explore. That helps a lot so you can manage your walking distance, when to heal or if you're safe enough to reach the stairs instead of using a thread.

Meh. 1 is a literal mobile game. There are better places to go for stuff like Grimrock, but its definitely closer to be something good than EO is.

EFOHEE
EFOHEE
HARBLGARBLDAIJOUBUYEAH
EFOHEE

I should probably go back and play etrian odyssey at some point. I keep starting it, getting to like floor 2, then just stopping. It gets so fucking grindy.

They're pretty different beasts.
EO is more Wizardry-influenced while Grimrock takes a lot more from things like Dungeon Master.

>U1
>anything but trash
lmao

You still get a randomly generated encounter every X amount of steps. Its not even remotely similar to what I'm describing. I'd also even argue that it is a step backwards as it makes the game even more about autism and less about dungeon crawling, because you aren't really planning for unknown dangers.

>U2 has some horrible decisions like buffing bosses hp
Ah yes I sure do miss every single boss being a gigantic glass cannon.

They're not comparable.

>LoL

Attached: bully the bunny.gif (160x195, 500K)

Considering they said the next 3DS game is the last with mapping on two screens (which is gonna have so much to the point where you'll be sick of it apparently), do you guys think through series would continue as a 7th Dragon 2020 "reboot?"

Attached: 1468310697098.jpg (1280x1812, 331K)

Bunnies are the best thing to happen to Etrian in a long time.

Attached: 65732211_p23.jpg (579x816, 242K)

you know god damned well he means legaia, faggot.

>playing LoG on mobile
yeah that must be fucking awful, GTA SA is a mobile game too since it's on mobile

When is she coming back?

Attached: the best eo girl.jpg (700x900, 90K)

>Scout out dungeon
>Find out there are some enemies that resist physical attacks but are weak to elements
>You always have the option to runaway from fights
>Enemy formations are unique per floor in the dungeon so you don't have to expect too much deviation
>Bring a mage with you next time
>This somehow doesn't count as you preparing for fights

youtu.be/DEuZyErYlAU
>he didn't rescue patrick stewart

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

I didn't, my apologies.

It needs to be modernized along with moving away from first person view so we can see the characters in battle and above all else, there has to be more empathization on the girls. Nothing against the guys, they can stay but most people pick the girls so I would like, if they still continue story character parties, for them to be at least mainly girls and only 1 or 2 guys and for us to get some romance scenes and an affection gauge, nothing too lewd just on the level of the recent fire emblem games should be enough

My point was 'there is nothing wrong with them', you're acting like the game is ruined by them
With random encounters, rather than planning ahead you need to adjust and react to what gets thrown your way, while FOEs and your resource management need you to plan ahead

*Breaks your game*

Attached: LINKLINKLINKLINK.jpg (591x959, 122K)

>because you aren't really planning for unknown dangers

What are you talking about? That is the whole concept of EO, going into a labyrinth as better prepared as possible because you're told by everyone how dangerous it can be. It would be way more frustrating if the game had true random encounters considering how hard hitting the monsters are in all the stratums.

>implying you can just swap out classes like that without massive grinding
although you do have things like elemental jars and bind/ailment items

Sure. I like the settings they've done, particularly 3's, but I'm not married to them. If they do go this route, I'd prefer it to be a little more interesting than modern-day Tokyo.

Never. Next game isn't 3U and she got shafted for twin-tails.

Attached: monk2.jpg (1024x768, 491K)

>This somehow doesn't count as you preparing for fights
No, it really doesn't. You are 'planning' (autistically doing the obvious things the game wants you to do) before you even enter the floor. You aren't constantly preparing yourself for unexpected and incalculable danger.

>yeah that must be fucking awful, GTA SA is a mobile game too since it's on mobile
LoG 1 was made to be a mobile game.