TOYS R US IS DEAD

What are going to be the best deals to look out for?

Attached: ogxvadc5fj4di8ipfmmr.jpg (800x450, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/03/14/toys-r-us-to-close-all-800-of-its-u-s-stores/?utm_term=.18ceb3a39c3d
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I was thinking of checking for 3ds games

I want clearance price on
Persona Q
Strange Journey Redux
Monster Hunter Stories
Radiant Historia Re

Ebay

>Kids dont like toys anymore
>Kids only play with tablets and phones nowdays
>Everything is digital
>Digital children

Attached: 1212121212.gif (400x239, 442K)

When the fuck are we going to repeal the stupid law that requires cars to be sold from a dealership instead of directly from the manufacturer?

Attached: 1510496201329.jpg (600x620, 130K)

>Digital children
We Digimon now

When manufacturers start opening up dealerships.
There's a lot of overhead that they don't have to worry about with the current situation.
Sucks for the consumer, but fuck the consumer.

its not EVERY store and even THEN, check your areas, its probably a lot of fucking baby r us that are getting shut down.

the closest TRU getting closed near me is fucking 2 hours 30 mins ONE FUCKING WAY.

If we were digimon we'd have better children

Attached: 8066977.png (464x470, 282K)

Manufacturers can't open up dealerships because it's illegal in basically every state. Even if you order a car online, you still need to go through a dealership and give them a cut of a few thousand dollars.

Fucking scam

>paying for 3ds games in 2018
uhhhhh

its all stores now. going out of business

washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/03/14/toys-r-us-to-close-all-800-of-its-u-s-stores/?utm_term=.18ceb3a39c3d

Why would they do that?

Attached: E28019E3-EF7B-4AB9-8153-D6C79CCF7F88.jpg (3000x3670, 1.04M)

Never, because yay capitalism!

The website is literally selling all its stock user, they are shutting down.

Also WHY THE FUCK ARE GAMES STUFF STILL NOT REDUCES THIS IS A CANCER CLEARANCE

Sorry I don't have moral deficiencies like you.

>tfw the canadian stores will still be open

good goy

Sad. I have great memories of going to the Times Square location and my local one.

>buying 3ds games

I'm not sorry.
Probably because of those moral deficiencies.

it has nothing to do with that you retard. the new owners took on this gigantic loan they couldnt pay off so they have to shut down the company

i checked, its so far only X amount of stores not EVERYTHING

probably by the end of the year or next year, they will. but not right now.

i also wonder how much of a discount. if its not a high amount i won't care. if its the bullshit of, everyone buys all the good shit at 30% off and there is shit left at 50% off, i don't think i will care.

No its ok user, you dont need to defend the kids. Its their fault, this is why they are weak.

wonder why they couldnt pay back that loan
hmm

>tfw Toys R Us Canada won't close down and I won't be getting cheap games

Attached: 1519074781598.jpg (466x349, 33K)

>you'll never show up 15 minutes before opening so you can rush in and play the display games for a few hours because your parents are cheap fucks

I sorta miss it and sorta don't.

Attached: tru.jpg (500x362, 42K)

>malls are dying in america
>doing just fine in canada
feels so fucking good

Attached: torontoblue.jpg (1402x935, 149K)

buy lego sets you fucking retard

Best Buy with the GCU is the best deal senpai, 20% off any new vidya and if you know you’re gonna get it for sure, you get a $10 rewards coupon to use on anything if you preorder on top off the 20% off.

Toyworld was always better

Attached: IMG_1427.jpg (574x256, 36K)

me on the left

This but unironically desu

Should I apply to Target now that I'm gonna lose this job in a few months?

best buy GCU here in canada sucks ass. no 20% off of new games you gotta spend like $200 just to get a $5 coupon off of any game.

Is there any way of keeping track of a certain toys r us locale? The only one near me is 2 hours away so I'd like an online way of keeping track of it.

What do you think?

anything good will be sent back to their vendors
everything remaining will be shit

You should steal as much as you can
And let me know what you nick

Yeah, I heard Target is actually a really nice place to work as far as retail goes. A couple of my biz major friends graduated and got into their management training program, sounded like a good experience while they were at the stores.

Amazon has good deals too. However, I bought a few new releases from them, they ship me the physical disk, I open it, put the disc in and it just takes me to fucking Steam to download it.

I mean why the fuck can't they be bothered to put it on the disc? If not, then at least send me the fucking code at purchase so I can preload it. Having to wait an extra day to download 50 gigs is annoying

hustle ass until closing, and then use the recs to get a better job when it finally closes

>not buying lego sets on soon-to-be-dead toysrus

Why the fuck would you want to work retail?

Attached: 1520557164304.gif (270x333, 2.99M)

I haven't built a Lego set in over 15 years. If they had Darth Vader's Tie Fighter I'd buy it though.

You should get a real job instead.

jews?

That's cute

Oh god my heart

Too hard, familia

Probably.

When my wife had her son she started working there and she loves it. She has to work real late hours though so I'm always stuck babysitting and she comes back sweaty sometimes when it's restocking night. Other than that though its great, I loaded up on star wars figures when TLJ came out and also stocked up on the Nintendo cereal a few months ago.

Because he likes working a job he hates because its easier than working a manual labor job. But in reality it isnt and retail fucking sucks. Dumbasses at my work get paid $26/hr to hold a stop sign all day

>government regulation
>yay capitalism

???

Does Toys r Us even still sell videogames?

Do this, stores going out of business usually bail on having any sort of AP so you can pretty much do whatever.
Don't listen to this guy. Retail jobs are so easy to get that word of mouth is pointless.

Retail is fucking easy peasy. Hearing people who worked at TRU with me bitching about the job just made me laugh.
I'll take being bitched out by retarded customers over being bitched out by my retarded boss while I wash dishes until 2 AM any day of the fucking week

Hope all the amiibos go down to like $5

kek

>there are people who go to college to work retail

Good God so glad I fell for the HVAC meme.

Fuck construction

Yes. They have a huge selection with all the newest Switch and PS4 games

I don't think the manufacturers want to do the financing and customer service that dealerships do.

If you had to pick one retail place to work, where would you go?

Listen to this man. Washing dishes was my first job and retail paid more and is a lot less work.

In all my years this is the worst b8 I've ever seen.

Attached: 1520967522785.gif (200x200, 948K)

wow what an idiot

its funny seeing her try to work the caveman toy!

You just work the stores for a bit so you know what's going on, then you get a management position in the district or whatever.

All the major manufacturers have their own financing arm. Ford's finance arm makes a larger profit than the actual manufacturing arm.

Well, I do have good memories of the place from back when I was a kid but it's been well over fifteen years since I last went. So it's sort of sad, I guess.

so what is she playing with?

Washed dishes and then worked in the same kitchen on weekends. Fucking sucked dude. Retail is really chill after you work anywhere else as long as you can deal with the people

you should go back to mexico then

Ya blew it. But you'll get replies for the effort, most of them telling you "ya blew it."

I worked for Toys R Us during the holiday season of 2012. My job was a sales floor associate. I would just walk around the store and help people find things, or recommend products.

I sold a lot of Wii Us.

Looked like a mutant baby eating an ass at first.

I guess I'll still have fond memories of it, as I do/did with Blockbuster.
>Every time my grandpa would come back to the country, he would take me to go do fun things around the city
>One of the last times I can recall when I was younger, was him taking me to Toys R Us
>Walking through the game section, he says I can pick out any one game I want
>Pick out Mischief Makers
I should play MM again, seems fitting.

Whatever one pays the most. They're all the shit in a different color, just pick the one that nets the most money. I work at BJs and the managers there have worked at other stores for years and years, then rode the waves hopping from store to store. They say its all shit, its always been shit, and it always will be shit. Just treat it as a disposable job, don't make friends and don't tie yourself down. Always be ready to bail for a better paying job.

you monster

The end of an era

Attached: e0552d57919dd849c899e9584be8aff2--discovery-zone-s-nostalgia[1].jpg (485x387, 39K)

>its so far only X amount of stores not EVERYTHING
That's how it starts, you fucking idiot.
I've seen 5 major chains close down in my country the past 5 years and they always say at first they're only closing down a few locations.

The Last Jedi is so bad that it killed one of America's biggest retail chains.

Attached: rose crash.webm (1920x808, 703K)

How did the Royals cock taste in 2015?

jesus Christ that chink is so fucking ugly

I miss Teavana already, I wish them all being closed meant Starbucks was close behind.

TRU is dead, meanwhile my childhood, over-priced local toy store is still in business, though it actually feels like a toy store unlike TRU these days. Maybe being over priced is what keeps them in business somehow though.

Actually, last time I went into this store they had a bunch of series 1 lego minifigures, like a year or so after they launched so they were rare by then, and I bought all of them.

I got good memories from TRU too though, one time I was able to get a hold of about 50 of these Chrome stormtroopers which I sold for ~$40 each.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2016-11-11-at-9.12.56-AM-700x589.png (700x589, 320K)

Of course, wouldn't want those poor Nintendo executives and publishers to go hungry. They're just barely scraping by you know!

Attached: 1385854051677.png (560x407, 11K)

Toys R Us is overpriced though, compared to other retailers.

TLJ was great, though.

What, you no ruv Vietnamese sweet potato?

Attached: rose crash face.jpg (1920x808, 186K)

>Too hard, familia
You're fucking pathetic, no one over the age of 17 should be working retail.
With a days worth of education you could double your pay driving a forklift.
With a weeks you could triple it welding.
If you actually got your shit together for 6 months to 3 years the skies the limit.
In 5 years 90% of all retail positions will no longer exist and you'll suddenly find yourself with zero relevant experience in an ever shrinking job market.
Enjoy spending the rest of your life on wellfare because you couldn't even take a day to get your shit together.

>This meme
It was killed by corporate greed and venture capitalism. Killed by Bain Capital, the same company that killed KG Toys. Toys r Us was seeing sales rebounding from the holidays but because the vulture capitalists already planned on gutting the company, it was a dead man walking. They walked off with all the money and fucked over the workers, investors and everyone else.

I bet you think that Black Panther is the first movie with black lead actors.

Society is dead

it bombed in china, because it was social justice pandering. everybody who isn't a soyboy libtard can see that too. it's a shitty movie with bad story direction and too much muh wymen.

>Starbucks buys Teavana, propping up new stores all over expecting tea to push as much sales as coffee, with very unrealistic sales goals
>It doesn't meet said goals, because the US is obsessed with coffee, not tea
>To the surprise of no one, they close down all the stores they opened because they lost money
I'm thankful that there's a nice local chain that sells high quality loose leaf tea in my area, so I don't find myself missing Teavana.

You expect kids to know how a rotary phone works too?

Kids aren't kids anymore. I miss my childhood.