Why would anyone think this isn't the best Elder Scrolls game by far?

Why would anyone think this isn't the best Elder Scrolls game by far?

Attached: Morrowind.png (991x1293, 2.57M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=biU8ufIC8Vk&t=2417s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because Daggerfall exists.

Retards hate reading and can't into dice roll combat.

It has the worst gameplay by far.

>don't dump points into speed skills at the start
>have to cripple hobble around for half the game unless you use exploits

>t. Faggot who doesn't understand fatigue

And it's a shitty procedurally generated mess

Encyclopedia dialogue

Only for people with short attention spam who can get into what the game is proposing to offer. Its the purest form of RPG ever put into any videogame.

I'm not going to make any strong claims on it since I haven't played Daggerfall but the most common complaints I've heard gone towards it is that it has a lot of filler skills that are rarely used or are 'just there'

As opposed to "I saw a mudcrab the other day" repeated ad infinitum by the same 5 voice actors

It's literally quantity > quality: the game while Morrowind is the exact opposite
It's time to stop posting

>purest RPG
>actual roleplaying situations are mostly kill guy or don't kill guy, steal thing or pay/bribe for thing

Whataboutism. Considering how many man-hours they must have spent writing books, they could have easily given the barest amount of personality to the NPCs. Encyclopedia dialogue destroys any feeling of immersion or believability.

When your game has an world map the side of Great Britain and 18 different classes to choose from... its kind of inevitable to have some filler content. But honestly, the sheer amound of role-playing possibilities the game offers is so vast that its almost impossible to say that you can't find any scenario were every skill can come in handy.

>attention spam
Holy shit

And here it is, favorite excuse for Morrowind apologists, "muh quality over quantity".

As if Daggerfall didn't had quality coming out of every single pixel. Just accept that Morrowind butched this series beyond reparation.

You do realise your description can be used for every single TES game, right?

Why would some random NPC tell you their life story?
Unique NPCs do have personalities and unique dialogue

Truth hurts eh?

>arena's dungeons
>daggerfall's feature set
>morrowind's world building
>oblivion's quests
Not sure about the soundtrack. There are good tunes in all the games, even Battlespire.
youtube.com/watch?v=biU8ufIC8Vk&t=2417s

Attached: img-66.jpg (999x799, 109K)

>jump
>level up

nice

And what exactly do you think that says about the series?

Unique dialogue is almost always quest-based, and the once you've finished their quest they're just like anyone else. There's no NPCs you would have a conversation with just because it's interesting.

At least you can't claim that having a bajillion NPCs compared to Oblivion or Skyrim can count as an advantage if they're all virtually identical

Nothing, its just an stupid minimalist description to trick the reader into thinking a game is simpler than it really is.

And what NPCs can you have an interesting conversation with in Oblivion/Skyrim that isn't quest based?

Meanwhile in Oblivion
>jump
>level up
>bandits are now wearing Daedric armour

Attached: 1410819394679.jpg (400x400, 96K)

It's an ubisoft game

Attached: 1457500361609.gif (100x95, 68K)

LGNPC exists for a reason, but even so, yes, I'd rather have Novigrad-like cities in TES that felt like real, alive places than the Glorious Capital of Solitude* with 10 fully-voice and SUPER UNIQUE*** NPCs.

Attached: 1520576955336.jpg (436x399, 79K)

Talk to the NPCs in Whiterun. That faggy Redguard who asks if you've been to the Cloud District often. That hammy Talos preacher. Many others who are not quite as exaggerated.

Annoying? Possibly. Repetitive? Sure. But they are not supposed to be important, complex NPCs. If you give all of your NPCs just a shred of personality, even if it's one-dimensional, it makes your fictional world feel alive an diverse. Morrowind feels much more like it's inhabited by automatons

I'm not saying that Skyrim is a better game overall, because it isn't. It's just this one aspect that I'm arguing

>Bad dialogue
>Ugly shit coloured world
>Retconned previous gamee lore
>Not immersive like Daggerfall
>Lack of houses to own, banks, boats, wagons
>Tiny world relative to Daggerfall
>Shitty mary sue author inserts like Vivec pollute the game
>Worst TES fanbase by far

I mean I love morrowind but come on, olny about 40% of the map was memorable and most dungeons were pointless

>Looking Back
>Looking Forward
>Immersive dialog system
>Creative, unique, fantastical fantasy world
>Had its lore retconned all over by subsequent installments
>Immersive guild, faction, and quest system
>Can take ownership of any house
>Large, deep world filled with things to explore
>Interesting characters to interact with
>Best TES fanbase of the modern TES games with a healthy long-running modding community

Attached: modern_TES_games.png (816x370, 16K)

>everything needs an EXPLICIT QUEST USE REVOLVING AROUND THE PLAYER in order for it to matter or for me to care
ftfyfoc

Attached: IYuew.gif (302x184, 927K)

>he doesnt like vivec

mckill yourself

>skyrim and oblivionfags respect your game and give it a good rating
>so you hate them just because they like a game you don't
imagine being THIS much of a bitter fuck

the argument was quality vs quantity, suggesting that morrowind has fewer, but better things to do
ancestral tombs with 3 skeletons, 25 urns with 1 bonemold in each and a chest with a shitty sword in it is just filler and nowhere near quality
stop being delusional

Elder Scrolls games are extremely simple. Roleplaying elements are gutted and replaced with "lots of content" which is drone code for samey dungeons made of the same premade setpieces put together in slightly different ways and filled with randomly generated loot and enemies. Only a handful of places in any of the games actually have unique loot and enemies or unique locations. This might be better if they had standout gameplay but none of them do.

Ypu just described Ultima Underworld, with is pretty much the steping stone of videogame RPGs. Every single RPG in existence is "premade setpieces with randomly generated loot and enemies", have you ever played D&D with your friends? Its ludicrous to look down upon an RPG for having those elements, its like complaining that a racing game has roads.

daggerfall is better than morrowind

you can roleplay in daggerfall much mroe than in Morrowind

the dungeons are bigger and more fun to complete

the combat is better than in morrowind

the sidequests are better than in morrowind

you have more freedom and openness

your actions feel like they matter more because you can't spam the bribe mechanic like in morrowind

the loot in daggerfall apart from unique artifacts is superior compared to morrowind

the enemies are more fun to fight

the world is so big, you never run out of dungeons or places to explore

>skyrim's soundtrack

I started playing Daggerfall 2 days ago and I think it will be my new favorite TES game, but I will give it time. My favorite is Oblivion(which may be soon to change) I love morrowond but not as much as the other 2 and I hated Skyrim

Except even if it was shit compared to Morrowind, Oblivion was much better than Skyrim outside of potato faces and only 5 voice actors compared to Skyrim's 10.

Attached: 1400004068843.png (385x483, 376K)

Oh you done it now, n'wah, you've overjumped.

Well, mehrunes Dagon can't be that bad, right?

I wish there was an Oblivion remaster

That was my first TES. I didn't play the earlier ones as a kid so I don't think I can appreciate them now.

ah yes but only when the game is old and you have nostalgia for it, not when it's a cheap indie title on steam

because base game is empty and the quests sucked

But daggerfall is free from Bethesda on their website