Are video games fun?

Are video games fun?

Or is "fun" just a buzzword?

Attached: DYN_drDU0AA5kck.jpg (734x929, 88K)

Fun is a buzzword, but it's a buzzword that describes video games

Video games are forced fun.

I like them, but it's all about what games you're into. IE not all games are fun to the same people (personal taste and all).

Attached: Cool Dude.jpg (500x355, 111K)

Video games have the potential for what most people consider fun, but you're asking Sup Forums, so it could be the most fun they're ever had in a game, and they'd still shit on it.

Fun rape.

I require Kawakami's Kawacummies

Is Sup Forums just now understanding that “fun is a buzzword” user?

He’s right and no one can prove him wrong.

Fun as a descriptor is meaningless by itself. One has to explain WHY something is fun.

Fun IS just a buzzword for people who want to defend their shitty games like Persona 5.

>hurr it was "FUN"

Doesn't make up for the fact that it was a bad game.

I hate Sup Forums and I like games and fun, so everything is fine.

How was it bad?

Fun is a buzzword but that doesn’t mean games aren’t fun. If you can’t describe why a game is fun, then you’re buzzwording.

Fun is completely subjective, and when I ask why a game is good and someone says it's fun, I ignore them.

He was right in that fun is unquantifiable and not a good argument for why a videogame is "good." He was wrong in that if you aren't enjoying yourself, why play a videogame at all?

It's just a dumb waifu sim that shills bought into pretending it's anything good

>Fun IS just a buzzword
please kill yourself

Nah, I won't.

Okay fine, don't.

Alright, I won't.

Have a nice day.

This place is reddit now.

You mean.... it wasn't before?

KawaMOMMY

This art is terrible.

Shut the fuck up.

upvoated

I would like Kawakami to sit on my face.

Kill yourself you tasteless swine.

"Fun" cannot be used to defend your point in an argument because it's begging the claim, which is where "fun is just a buzzword" comes from.

A game can be "fun", but if you're having an argument about a game, you can't JUST say it's fun, you have to describe exactly what you find fun about it.

If you can't be assed to do that you're just a brainlet. Even if it's something as simple as it being satisfying to hit things, that's still a solid argument.

Attached: 1495527422052.png (920x720, 509K)

Cringe.

oh no!
i can hear the noises as she is slurping it out of me, BEGONE YE SUCCUBUS!

>You play to beat the game.
>You play to win.

Pick 1 or 2. There is no fun.

>If you can't be assed to do that you're just a brainlet.

I agreed until this point. People aren't obligated to justify why they enjoy things.

It's bad because you didn't have fun user.

>People aren't obligated to justify why they enjoy things.
Leave.

What did he mean by this?

>shills bought into
congratulations, you are a retard

Yes they are.

video games are meant to be fun and fun is subjective

Only hard games are fun, no game starts out fun, they become fun as you develop skills and play them at their full potential. fun is a buzzword used to rationalize easy unfun timewasters as fun.

reminder there is a difference between entertaining and fun.

having fun is an objective state. Most people who claim to be having fun are not actually having fun.

most video games today are repetitive soyfun walking simulators with no semblance of originality or heart designed for shit eating nuboys who buy other peoples opinions.

gaming died years ago and will only continue to get worse as companies continue to defile the corpse of our once noble hobby

When someone asks you a smalltalk question, do you go "I AM NOT OBLIGATED TO RESPOND TO YOU."
Not everything's a fucking obligation, just talk about videogames.

No one is obligated to respond to you or give you attention though.

If you say "I like this game because I have fun with it", that's perfectly valid, if a bit useless. Saying "this game is good because it's fun" is where the problems arise, since you're using a subjective, unquantifiable term to support an argument.

>soyfun

Please explain what the fuck this means.

>"I like this game because I have fun with it"
if the game is shit that's untrue. Fun isn't subjective. People don't experience having fun any differently.

What a fun way to go through life.

insecure people delude themselves into thinking they are having fun through the illusion of quality. It's video games as escapism into a nostalgia of when things were safe for them as a child. The games are a cathartic novelty.

It's the objectively correct way to live life.

This pisses off the autists but he's completely right.

Would you rather go through life trying to argue over opinions or spout your opinion with 100% confidence and not worry about a damn thing?

>fun is a buzzword
Oh that takes me back.

Attached: From the anons that brought you 'Fun is a buzzword'.png (1674x1502, 2.09M)

Who let you out?

an amplified, but ultimately empty form of satisfaction that comes from playing something you think is good because everyone else does. like people who live on soy products because theyre what people are into now, people who buy games and swear they are the best game in the world because of what series theyre from or what console theyre on are having soyfun.

its not just a nintendo thing - if you honestly trick yourself into having fun because of a games developer, console or the games legacy, you are the soy

>you are the soy
This meme has gone to some insane levels1!

What's the difference between that and genuinely enjoying what you're playing? Is it like

>I liked this game because it was by this company or developer, regardless of whatever = soy?
>I liked this game, I enjoyed it for what it had to offer, though it has its faults, I still had fun = not soy?

To be fair Nintendo has been really exploiting this. The games are all flash no substance, they give off the vibe that they must be super high quality visually when there is nothing under the surface, and they were historically the ones who set the bar for quality. It's much easier to buy into the delusion.

Hence why Nintendo fuckers are soy boys, every last one of them. They just live and thrive off of nostalgia and nothing else, no substance at all.

>what's the difference between actually liking a game for the game design and convincing yourself you like something because you are supposed to like it

Buzzword is just a buzzword

All trendy vernacular is a buzzword, that doesn't mean they are always being used as a buzzword.

why is fun any different?

it's not, most people who use "fun" aren't doing it because they think it can cover up for the games flaws, they use it because they are dumb and actually can't tell a good game from a bad game.

All words are buzzwords.
Stop arguing over words.
Argue about fucking concepts instead.

i didnt want to point at nintendo specifically, but is right. if any of the big switch games came out as different games in new series, no one would have cared.

sony is guilty of it too, but in a different way - people buy and like sony games because theyre movies with diverse casts and popular themes, not because theyre any good. people will probably be raving about god of war in a month, despite the fact that its going to shit on everything the series ever was. i hope i'm wrong about that, but i doubt it. PCfags subsist on graphics and mods, but have very little to show for their bragging outside of ports and remakes of games everyone else played years ago - but they wont stop saying how much more fun theyre having than consolefags

Attached: 1506548391675.jpg (400x462, 12K)

subjectivity

if you really think "fun" is a buzzword, you must be so far up your own anus that you've totally lost track of why you're here in the first place

if a game isn't entertaining and enjoyable, why fucking play it?

Attached: 1404847633324.gif (400x226, 834K)

>you've totally lost track of why you're here in the first place
I'm here because I'm a bitter cunt wallowing in other peoples' bitterness.

>cheevos
>because you were memed into buying it by Sup Forums
>the feeling of being obligated to play it since everyone else is
>waifufaggotry
>lack of fulfilling activities/personal responsibilities to otherwise fill your time

Attached: 1507047995692.gif (108x137, 79K)

wot

Attached: 1467761768681.png (277x358, 88K)

Attached: Game Center CX 161 - Derby Stallion.avi-2015-05-31-07h29m45s748.jpg (1280x720, 274K)

Video games are fun in moderation.

there are literally people who play video games to get 100% of the trophies, even if they hate the game. once they start, they cant stop until they "finish it"

the others are all real, stupid reasons people play games as well

Attached: 1469399578996.jpg (433x469, 54K)

those people should see a psychiatrist if they feel compelled to play games they hate just for the reassurance of fucking xbox live achievements

If I told you hitting your dick with a hammer was fun would you do it over and over again to prove to me you aren't having fun?

This is actually one of the only ways to make unfun games fun, the challenge is shifted to the trophies.

Fun is really the only thing that seperates a good arcade game from a bad arcade game