Comfy Switch Thread #2

Continued from

Attached: Nintendo-Switch-Console-Docked-wJoyConRB[1].jpg (4900x2800, 3.26M)

Get off my board.

Judt got enter the gungeon, seems fun so far

What are we
>PLAYAN
>ANTICIPATAN

What to do about slightly loose joycon straight out of the box?

Reminder to persevere with motion controls in Splatoon 2, you'll come out a far stronger player for it.

heard good things about that game! What do you like about it so far?

Literally more shitposting than the entire previous thread. This is why we can't have nice things Sup Forums

switch? more like shitch

Attached: chowderfaggot.png (1764x2779, 515K)

>playing
Nothing at the moment, bought Stardew Valley recently but i havent been able to get into it. It's my first game in this kind of genre. Am i just not playing right, or is it really just waking up, watering the crops and talking to town people everyday? what else should i be doing?

>anticipating
Dong freeze for the second time, of course!

posted in last thread, but i think it was pretty much over

So which game will be Holiday 2019?
Pokemon or Metroid

Attached: pokemon2.png (955x1280, 1.28M)

Be more specific. What do you mean by "loose?" They don't fit in the tablet properly, they don't fit in the cradle or the individual handle things, they don't fit in any of them properly? The analog sticks wiggle? They have have sex with strangers? Specificity, user.

you just stole that from blunderfag
shame on you

probably should have put that in the OP
>PLAYAN
ARMS, especially after that really fun lobby I had with the anons in the last thread. Though I think I'll still be playing Splatoon more.
>ANTICIPATAN
I'd say Pikmin 4 but it has yet to be announced. So I'll go with either the Octo Expansion or Metroid Prime 4. I think Mega Man 11 is coming for the Switch, too.

Attached: 1495478797057.png (1280x587, 389K)

Pokemon, I think Metroid will come earlier than that. Early to mid-2019.

Let's swap some friend codes and play some games! Maybe if enough people join the thread we could play some Mario Kart since I havn't seen a Sup Forumskend thread in a while unless im blind

Attached: 2018031716462700-CCFA659F4857F96DDA29AFEDB2E166E6.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

>ANTICIPATAN
dark souls and mario tennis online trials

I've been playing the shit out of stardew valley, looking forward to multiplayer.
I'm struggling to decide whether I should get Dark Souls Remastered on switch or PC. I've got more steam friends than switch friends though. I refuse to buy Skyrim again regardless of how much I like it. Fuck off, Todd.

>PLAYAN
Golf Story nigguh, that perfect hit sound effect is so fucking satisfying. Anyone else put the story on hold to just play 9 holes over and over?
>ANTICIPATAN
Octo, Dark Souls, Ys8, Death Road to Canada, Toad, Tennis some more cool shit ths year hopefully that hasn't been announced. Pokemonz, FE and SMTV hopefully sooner rather than later

Attached: WienerMobile.jpg (480x360, 43K)

probably right. pokemon in holiday seasons will sell so god damn much. will probably break records for sure.
smash this holiday might do that too

Attached: me_irl.jpg (690x499, 56K)

Pokemon

Metroid Prime 4, as anticipated as it is by fans, doesn't have the mass appeal to carry a Holiday season like Mario/Smash/Pokemon. I can see it being a midyear 2019 release

Still waiting for a sale to get one. I spent a bunch on the Wii U when Smash came out then, and I don't want to make a similar mistake.

Goddamnit I suck at Mario Kart even more than I suck at ARMS. Splatoon's the one I've been playing religiously, but we'd need 4 people for that.
I'd love to play some Mario Kart anyway though.

Can someone convince me to but this thing? Just looks like a cheap cash grab. The joycons felt uncomfortable to hold when I tried them at a friends house. The low storage is baffling to me. I already have BotW on a Wii U and it looks like nothing that interesting is coming out on it for the next year.
Just looks like they gave up on making a console and lumped the 3ds and the wii u together

I highly anticipate Smash threads where Sup Forums actually has the opportunity to play together. Sup Forums Smash hype threads are fun, but filled with shitposting.

Anyone using a power bank?

Only got/played Xenoblade 2 so far. Probably will pick up Zelda at some point but I keep putting it off because I'm a cheapass.

Buying octopath day one though. Played the hell out of the demo.

Thinking of buying Kirby Star Allies to play with my nephews, they seemed to like the demo.

>Can someone convince me to but this thing?
I'm not your shill, and if you don't think it's worth it for you then don't buy it.

how do you share your screen like that

The low storage is because the memory for all the games is stored on the cartridge, not the system. If you want to download a ton of games or something you'll need another SD card though. Can't do much about the joycons but if you spring for the pro controller its excellent, albeit overpriced. I'll go so far to say its even better than the PS4 controller.
But what matters are the games. What kind of games do you like besides the obvious Mario, Splatoon, ARMS, etc.?

>Thinking of buying Kirby Star Allies to play with my nephews, they seemed to like the demo.
I highly recommend this, I played with my cousins yesterday and had a pretty good time, played today by myself and you can really tell the game is balanced for it as I only played for an hour and a half and changed games it does get monotonous alone

I took a screenshot of my profile then moved my MicroSD Card from my Switch into my computer and just moved the files. Alternativley you can take a screenshot then send it through your social media then just save it to your computer

You've already talked yourself out of it, but ok.

- The console itself is solid and the UI is clean, cheap isn't the word I'd use for it.
- The split joycons are comfy as fuck when you get used to them, playing with a regular controller becomes uncomfortable by comparison
- Low storage is a non-issue given large games have physical releases and indie/eshop stuff is tiny. Also, SD card.
- If nothing interests you, then don't get one. But there's plenty of interest in upcoming stuff in this thread.

If you don't have a twitter account, make a throwaway one and link it to your profile. Don't use facebook, ever.

>>PLAYAN
Kirby, XC2, Bayo, been playing some indies I bought every now and then
>>ANTICIPATAN
Smash obviously, I really want to try FE as I've been having a crave for it that I restarted Awakening recently. Also waiting for the octo expansion to buy Splatoon

why

You may as well buy splat+octo now and get some practice in single player already because it seems the octo mode is going to be fairly challenging and if you want to use octos in the main game you're gonna need to complete it. It's not like waiting will make it cheaper.

I'm a little short on money and already bought Kirby so that's my game for the month, it comes out on summer right? so I might just buy it next month if I have the money

Didn't know there was a #2. Pls don't make it a general. It's what I hated from Nu-Sup Forums nowadays

1) Is Kirby Allies really that bad?

I'm on a budget this year and I still think Dong Freeze is a better SP+MP platform but a lot of people says Kirby is a comfy MP as well

Should I also get Rayman at some point?

2) I haven't played Meme Souls in any form. Should I still get it or should I spend some money on other games like Rayman, Spla2n, Arms or Mario?

Just beat Odyssey. Still got more moons and the bonus world to unlock tho.
Still got a ton of Zelda BOTW to play too.
Updated switch to 4.1.0 and disabled updates using DNS.

Hopefully some hacks come out for switch before I finish zelda and mario or I guess it will become a dust collector.

dark souls will be such a breath of fresh air if you never played it before

>literally buying a compromised Nvidia Shield out of begrudging servitude

will never understand you Switch-tards. and this is coming from a guy who hasn't bought a console in 15 years

>coming from a guy who hasn't played a game in 15 years

Attached: seething.jpg (558x845, 41K)

Is it bad that I think I could win with everyone here in ARMS?

Picked up Splatoon 2 last week after avoiding it for a while, surprised at how fun it is, good for short bursts of gameplay

Attached: 1520765310815.png (926x989, 338K)

easy statement to make when no one owns it

I bet my byte n bark could take you down a peg

Almost finished XC2, up to the last chapter.
What's next?

Attached: 2017-07-13 04.08.05.jpg (874x960, 58K)

user, please, my Max Brass shits on dogs.

Play motion controls. Git gut as Salmon & I'll gladly run with you.

Attached: 13.03.2018.jpg (800x860, 142K)

Post game depression

Did you draw that? It's really good

Playing Ultra Instinct Goku in Xenoverse 2 against other Ultra Instinct Gokus in an endless lobby. Pretty fun.

>PLAYAN

Working on the third boss on Flinthook. Fuck the stage modifiers that make shit hazy or distorted.

>ANTICIPATAN

For the immediate future I hope for a good indie sale to go with the direct next week. Might splurge on the Crash collection if it runs decent and doesn't pull that L.A. Noire "download the rest of the game" bullshit.

Yeah, I draw stuff here and there, doing commissions and stuff. Search for MrKashkiet on tumblr, will be drawing tons of Nintendo stuff soon.

Attached: 0.jpg (619x1400, 118K)

Playing through Bayo 1, going to play Bayo 2 after since I never played either. Don't really know what to be excited for after, except for Octopath; the Switch isn't my only platform, so I'm really only in it for the exclusives. NMH doesn't sound very good, but I'm really hoping it turns out OK.

Nigger it's your money. Use it on whatever you want.

Down to play ARMS whenever.

Attached: switch profile.jpg (1200x675, 68K)

NG+
Wait for Season Pass DLC
Wait for Octopath
Get hopeful for the Nindie presentation on Tuesday.

>MFW bought a brand new Nintendo 2DS-XL and a bunch of games because none of them are available on the Switch.

God damnit Nintendo. Just make me Pokemon Ultra sun on Switch you FUCKS. Fuck it. Just make ALL 3DS games on Switch.

Attached: 1520051882438.gif (400x400, 666K)

>PLAYAN
Making my way through the BOTW dlc, it’s been a comfy ride so far. sometimes I’ll mess around in Odyssey or MK8 depending on my mood
>ANTICIPATAN
Just smash, I’m not a roster fag but I can’t wait to see what they’ll do with it. I secretly hope every fighter that’s ever been in smash is playable and at least 15-20 new additions. If they came out with new smash joycons and pro controller I’d buy em.

>not "Throw it in a ditch"

0/10 see me after class

Is getting Xenoverse 2 on the Switch now worth it? How much would it cost with the base game and all the dlc packs?

Can I use any microSD with Switch or does it need a special one?

Well, Pokemon Switch'll come out next year, probably.

any

>Is getting Xenoverse 2 on the Switch now worth it?
If you buy the Switch version all the characters are unlocked from the start you just have to go to the eshop and download the "unlock all base characters" dlc pack which is free, and i'm not sure about the dlc packs though.
yup. I bought Samsung one but Nintendo is officially partnered with Sandisk which is incredibly overpriced like holy shit they charge an extra 20 or 30 bucks for 64 gb cards just because Mario and Link is on the pakcaging

>God damnit Nintendo. Just make me Pokemon Ultra sun on Switch you FUCKS. Fuck it. Just make ALL 3DS games on Switch.

you have no idea how angry I was that I may had to buy a new 3ds because my 2ds stopped turning on and I had a bunch of digital games there that would be lost
buying a new one was not the issue it was the fact that it might not even be worth it and I really wish they released like special remasters or just ports of selected 3DS games on switch
Luckily after some battery moving shenanigans it works again but man it was stressful

>Legend of Soylda: Breath of the Wild
>Soynoverse Chronicles 2
>Soyper Mario Odyssoy
>Golf Soyry
What else is there, Sup Forumsros?

>PLAYAN
On the second world of Kirby and finishing up blade quests and superbosses in Xenoblade 2
>ANTICPATAN
Not much until Dark Souls. But I still need to finish up DIsgaea 5 and haven't touched my copies of LA Noire and End is Nigh

It was ok, but I didn't love it.
I doubt I would play NG+

Octopath looks hectic

There are no "special" SD cards. That's the whole point behind why people were mad at Sony - SD cards are a standard and used everywhere, phones and cameras etc., but they created some new ones just to get all the money. Nintendo called that bs and we had SD cards on each of their consoles since Wii.

you forgot
>Soykken Soynament DX
>SOYRMS
>Soyonetta 1&2
>Soytoon 2
>Kirby Soy Allies
and much more

on my experience I bought a 16gb one first but then I had the happy idea of buying Doom digital so I decided to upgrade to a 64 one
it worked fine for a moment but suddenly the games on there started crashing more and more, checking them would result on the system telling me to delete them and redownloading them
after a while I found out that support for 64 ones is kinda fishy so I changed to a 32gb and have had no troubles since then

I didn't forget those, I left them out because they don't fit and are not funny.

>Soynoverse Chronicles 2
>Soynoverse
Goku and Pyra drinking soylent together?

>PLAYAN
Mario Odyssey, lost my save so I'll probably try to replay ARMS too, shame I lost all my badges and weapons
>WAITAN
Mario Tennis got me fucking hyped. I also want to play through Tropical Dong again, Captain Toad too, hope they fuck it all and release #FE, W101 and Mario 3D World on Switch too - I could finally hide my Wii U forever.

Attached: minmin.png (764x1000, 885K)

>#FE
I've been wanting to play that game since forever
I really hope E3 brings a port

There are no problems with any SD card size. You either had a faulty unit or, what's more probable, you had a chinese knock-off. These lie to the system about their size and just delete data once there's too much.

Don't buy from shady places and you're fine, some chink sellers spoof cards to appear as if they have more storage than they can hold

Memes aside, and me being mad about silly censorship, the game is fun as fuck and has, for real, one of the better battle systems in any jRPG in years. If it wasn't for expectations of FE and SMT fans and idol shit, I bet it'd be remembered as one of the best jRPGs ever made in terms of gameplay.

>whiiiirrr

If that's the case, then I'll probably buy the switch then. I love the pokemon games and I'll get the ability to play that new Zelda game as well.
That's unfortunate user. Good to hear it worked out for you. I managed to get my 2DS-XL brand new for $110. Bought
>Pokemon Ultra-sun
>Zelda - Link between worlds
>Zelda - Ocarina of Times
>Super Mario 3D land
>Kirby - Triple Deluxe
>Luigi's Mansion - Dark Moon

The guy at FUCKING GAMESTOP was like blown away about how much I was buying. Threw like $400 at him and he was falling over himself. Wonder how he would have reacted had I bought my $1200 PS4 Pro/games/controllers from that specific gamestop.

Attached: 1520719403326.gif (400x225, 1.52M)

You didn't know Pokemon was coming so soon? We expected it to be a big release this year, but it seems like Smash will take its place and we'll get it next year. Still, 2-3 years to develop an engine and a whole world from a system a bit weaker than PS2 to a system stronger than a PS3 and HD. Makes me wonder what direction will Game Freak take.

all i want in spelunky man PLEASE e3

Attached: spelunky2boys.jpg (1920x1080, 149K)

Normally I'd say to expect the most bland, rehashed shit you could imagine, but I have hear that Nintendo is putting a lot of pressure on Gamefreak to make the Switch game high quality. So I guess we'll see what happens.

>You didn't know Pokemon was coming so soon?
I don't pay attention/watch/read about game releases. The only time I know about new releases is when it's a game I've been REALLY watching (Dark Souls/DLC) or I get an email from Gamestop. Or steam has it on the recent release page.

I hope they add just enough to Pokemon on the switch to be worthwhile. Ultra-sun/moon is like the pinnacle of Pokemon imo. All the little shit that EVERYONE was bitching about the old titles were fixed. Love it. Playing it as we speak.

Attached: 1520731733542.jpg (512x512, 77K)

All I want is Pikmin 4
Please announce it at E3 Miyamoto-sama

Attached: pikmin_final_color_6in_by_jon_magram-d621weh.png (1371x583, 1.15M)

user, after how much they changed with S/M and how they tried to add some small continuity + better characters, I'm all in for a fully realized jRPG. I know Sup Forums will probably meme every cutscene to no end and scream at every tutorial, but I'm not as bitter and I legit love the series.

Well, if X/Y is anything to go by, it'll be a pretty closed generation and they're going to start opening it up with each new game/remaster until the last one, before Switch's death, gives us the most options to catch everything.

>Ultra-sun/moon is like the pinnacle of Pokemon
Don't let /vp/ hear you say that.
I didn't buy Ultra Sun/Moon because I was a little disappointed by Sun/Moon. It's not a bad game or anything, I had fun, and I loved all the new mechanics, but the excessive cutscenes and handholding really got to me.

>Multiple Pokemon games for the Switch
You really think so?

Attached: 1503408812560.jpg (663x514, 64K)

Well, no system ever had only a single Pokemon game. Three seems to be the number, maybe four. Good times ahead of us, user.

If it makes Game Freak money of course they would, was there a system that they only stopped at one game?

Literally every single system since the creation of Pokemon has had them. You think they're not gonna do that with a system that's printing this much money?

Firing um some Splatoon 2 right now after not having played it for months, I'm really getting into it.

What are you guys playing?!

Come to think of it, I don't think there is one, even for the original Gameboy. I'm still skeptical about the Switch game, but if it's good then I'm excited as hell!

ARMS because I had so much fun in the lobby from last thread. Playing Ranked again is making me realize just how rusty I've gotten from when I first played it at 1.0 and the testpunch.

Well, I thought they might use the excuse of "it's more difficult to develop because of the necessity for better graphics, etc."

Festival Plaza is still in USUM, so they didn't fix everything.

I was really into playing ARMS online the first few weeks it was out, but haven't picked it up since. You enjoying it? More than Splatoon? Thinking of trying it again